PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity about players appearance in arkfalls

NeclordX
05-13-2014, 02:52 AM
So, this is only curiosity, when you enter in an arkfall zone, every other player seems to be a human black soldier in grey outfit. Is actually like that or is just my imagination?

I could swear they are all identical, or it looks that way to me at least. At the beginning I thought well "may be all the players look like that in arkfall to prevent the game going to bussy and that's why you see everyone with standard models except yourself" but during arkfalls, there are cases of some people that approaches to resurrect you and they look different, they look as a normal player not the standarized "black soldier".

So, how this Works? Or am I just watching things and should see a doctor? ;)

McSteeletom
05-13-2014, 03:03 AM
Yea general Steve is not "black" its to prevent server timeouts and crashes

Ferentar
05-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Those models that you see are just placeholder default models that you see until their own "look" is rendered on your sceen. They did this that when you are slow with loading/rendering their models or in a very busy area you at least see that there are ppl there and where they are etc. At least i think that's why they did it.

orcface
05-13-2014, 05:50 AM
There is a setting in Video to help with this. Increase the memory allocated and you should see individuals.

Manstan
05-13-2014, 05:59 AM
There is a setting in Video to help with this. Increase the memory allocated and you should see individuals.

I can't locate said option; PC.

Daeima
05-13-2014, 06:02 AM
The memory setting is Proxy Memory in Video settings

Manstan
05-13-2014, 06:05 AM
The memory setting is Proxy Memory in Video settings

Thanks, maybe I'll be able to see everyone at sieges and such now. Seems I'm an army of 1 most times lol

Etaew
05-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Thanks, maybe I'll be able to see everyone at sieges and such now. Seems I'm an army of 1 most times lol
It won't help with that, but the ones you do see will be in unique appearance.

Manstan
05-13-2014, 07:14 AM
It won't help with that, but the ones you do see will be in unique appearance.

Well it makes for clear shots, but stops me from working off others or reviving them.
As in if there aren't a lot of people around and a TL of 10 I stay close to and try to protect the guy with the BMG; that is if he is using it like a medic and not for the bugged buffs.

Odessa
05-13-2014, 09:17 AM
I keep hoping they'll fix the General Steve issue. It's silly to have outfits no one sees, and frustrating to be in the midst of a ton of people and no one is showing.

Well it makes for clear shots, but stops me from working off others or reviving them.
As in if there aren't a lot of people around and a TL of 10 I stay close to and try to protect the guy with the BMG; that is if he is using it like a medic and not for the bugged buffs.

Ironically I steer clear of the BMG people. Lags my game and is hella annoying. then again I'm usually where there's a ton of people and the only reason I see BMGs on are for the medic points.

SethC
05-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Speaking of which, does anyone run around with a character which actually looks like the placeholder ? I think I might attempt that, and call him Steve.