PDA

View Full Version : Absence of Team = Bitter Disappointment

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 02:19 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Dev-Tracker
^^^
THIS. The community is only going to feel more resentment and hostility as the failed (ok, marginal) hotfixes from last week are what we are stuck with. That and 50 arkforge (wahoo).

Very little action from the team and even less information.

I'm sorry but this is not acceptable and shows a lack of respect to the buyers of your product. I know the team is busy with many things but the visibility and transparency that we have been promised many times are now in question.

At the least, I'm disappointed. At worst, LIVID. Sorry but you get what you give.

mr8liner
05-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah, its action like this that will make me not support any future game they come out with. This is my first game I have gotten from Trion, and from their action or inactions it tells me that they do not care about their customers. I was giving them the benifit that they might turns things around , but that was 6 months ago and all of the same probles still exists. After the servers are shut down for this game, they will never see another penny from me again. As it stands right now, their not getting any more from me. Just nothing worth spending my money on.

Will they change?? I doubt it, but I could be wrong

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Agree not going to support The Company.

I was hopeful last week, they were very much present and seemed to be trying. What's killing me now is the mass exodus. Feeling very much unsupported.

Just showing up and trying is critical and now once again, I'm losing faith and not trusting any of this mess to get fixed.

Quebra Regra
05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
It can't just be me, many are reporting issues with the shields on 99ers. I was at Stinson this AM, and I had a TL10 ARK mattok with NO armour remaining, yet his sheilds would not take damage reliably (full poo shoes GRIND FRAGGER MAG emptied into him and his shield bar remained unchanged). I looked around for a drone, but none were present. Any time the fire let up, their shields would instantly regenerate to full

These guys were coming on strong enuff to make a VOLGE VISCERA look like a wimp. WTF?!?!?

All fixed my hairy goat like hindquarters!

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 02:33 PM
They have to somehow release the new tie in content soon. There has been no word on them releasing it to the pts so they might be under the gun on that. Could be in for an interesting time if they release untested content into a broken game.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn_zpsec7bf0bd.gif

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 02:35 PM
They have to somehow release the new tie in content soon. There has been no word on them releasing it to the pts so they might be under the gun on that. Could be in for an interesting time if they release untested content into a broken game.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn_zpsec7bf0bd.gif

I don't care what they are doing I JUST WANT THEM TO TALK! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

Pass me that please. Nom nom.

rebtattoo
05-13-2014, 02:38 PM
"Running as intended"

This is par for the course for The Company.

We'll have excellent communication [even if it isn't **** that we want to hear} for a brief spell, then wham! Silence for several days.

Remember the disaster of DLP 2 launch shortly before Christmas? Bugs galore and nothing from The Company for nearly 2 weeks.

My prediction. In the next day or 4, they will come back and feign apologies. Claim to still be "working on" the issues. And, may, may I tell you, turn on boosts for the weekend.

They'll also extol how laboriously they are working n cross-over and season 2 content. Of course, we know this will consist of nothing more than a few missions and data recorders.

In reality, they are concerning themselves with how to handle the transition to F2P and the plague of issues that are inevitably going to arise from that!

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Posted by Scapes on 4/30:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157472-New-Crossover-Storyline-Coming-Cradle-to-Grave&p=1475045#post1475045

And I quote: “The first of our new crossover storylines is coming to Defiance in the next couple weeks.”

TOMORROW is exactly two weeks. Of course "the next couple weeks" is vague and can be danced around...I wonder when we'll actually see this *ahem* "content" in game.

dramaQkarri
05-13-2014, 02:48 PM
"Running as intended"

This is par for the course for The Company.

We'll have excellent communication [even if it isn't **** that we want to hear} for a brief spell, then wham! Silence for several days.

Remember the disaster of DLP 2 launch shortly before Christmas? Bugs galore and nothing from The Company for nearly 2 weeks.

My prediction. In the next day or 4, they will come back and feign apologies. Claim to still be "working on" the issues. And, may, may I tell you, turn on boosts for the weekend.

They'll also extol how laboriously they are working n cross-over and season 2 content. Of course, we know this will consist of nothing more than a few missions and data recorders.

In reality, they are concerning themselves with how to handle the transition to F2P and the plague of issues that are inevitably going to arise from that!

No. As it happens I was playing GTA from about September thru shortly after Christmas. Happily I missed out on that particular fiasco.

No. They are working on their new game (my prediction).

Seriously, I AGREE with your predictions in general. Yes it's about par for The Company. I was hopeful last week, though they gave us borked patches they appeared to be trying in earnest to fix things.

So I created this thread to VENT and wish it wasn't so.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-13-2014, 03:39 PM
at first glance, you would think that there is a steady stream of participation from the CMs on the board. they have posts everywhere. then you play for a while, and actually follow the forums closely, and you realize that the posts consist 90% of "ill pass along the question", "ill ask about that", "were looking into it", "we will have an answer soon". the problem is very very few of those posts have a follow up as to what the answer was to the question, what did you find after looking into it, and moreso, what was the answer?

putting frosting on a burnt cake does not unburn it.

Deunan
05-13-2014, 03:48 PM
It can't just be me, many are reporting issues with the shields on 99ers. I was at Stinson this AM, and I had a TL10 ARK mattok with NO armour remaining, yet his sheilds would not take damage reliably (full poo shoes GRIND FRAGGER MAG emptied into him and his shield bar remained unchanged). I looked around for a drone, but none were present. Any time the fire let up, their shields would instantly regenerate to full

These guys were coming on strong enuff to make a VOLGE VISCERA look like a wimp. WTF?!?!?

All fixed my hairy goat like hindquarters!Working as intended. :D

Seriously, if you look carefully, Ark 99ers will periodically generate a yellow honeycomb patterned force sphere identical to the one we get when being supported by a Spanner Protector. As long as that force sphere is up you're not going to be doing much damage to them. I've noticed however that if I toss a flashbang grenade on them while the force sphere is up they start taking damage as before and by the time the effect from the grenade wears off the sphere is gone.

In general, I use flashbang grenades liberally on Ark 99ers. I go through at least 20 of them on the Co-Op map and it makes things much easier because it's both mass crowd control, gives everyone's weapons a damage boost against the shields and it shuts down shield regeneration. I wish there was an electrical counterpart to the Incinerator but the flashbang grenades are the next best thing.

AlexzanderThor
05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
And people yelled at me when I said "Trion is just going to keep giving us less than the bare minimum".

That said, Trion will NEVER get another penny from me because of their lack of care for their consumers, and their product.

I am surprised the Dev team (Current) has not been fired yet, for being irresponsible in their actions with their game and their playerbase.

I am also surprised that they have not been fired for making the game progressively worse over time with bugs, glitches, and more.

At least EA has standards that their Dev teams have to follow.

Quebra Regra
05-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Working as intended. :D

Seriously, if you look carefully, Ark 99ers will periodically generate a yellow honeycomb patterned force sphere identical to the one we get when being supported by a Spanner Protector. As long as that force sphere is up you're not going to be doing much damage to them. I've noticed however that if I toss a flashbang grenade on them while the force sphere is up they start taking damage as before and by the time the effect from the grenade wears off the sphere is gone.

In general, I use flashbang grenades liberally on Ark 99ers. I go through at least 20 of them on the Co-Op map and it makes things much easier because it's both mass crowd control, gives everyone's weapons a damage boost against the shields and it shuts down shield regeneration. I wish there was an electrical counterpart to the Incinerator but the flashbang grenades are the next best thing.

INCREDIBLE!!! Never noticed the bubble even on my 58" monitor. Wow... flashbangs it is (need an OJ flashbang now).

Danke you fine sentient :)

mr8liner
05-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Working as intended. :D

I've noticed that on them from time to time, but there is sonething else going on. I was shooting a 99er today ( tuesday) and i would see it's shield go slightly down then right back up again. normally I would be able to take out a shield with 10 bullets depending on the gun. Today i was using 3 mags holding 63 rounds to take them down. No spanner protector honeycomb around them either.

On monday a TL 10 was easier the TL 7. I just hope it gets straighten out

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 09:23 PM
INCREDIBLE!!! Never noticed the bubble even on my 58" monitor. Wow... flashbangs it is (need an OJ flashbang now).

Danke you fine sentient :)

Now my 47" feels inadequate.

Iceberg
05-15-2014, 03:35 AM

Isn't that what all the patches are? Untested content.