PDA

View Full Version : how do you beat this stupid game

Mia Faith
05-13-2014, 06:31 PM
i think im at the end. chapter defiance. I cant kill the guy with a red sword. he flys around and then hits and kills you. this is crazy. How do you kill him?

Raiithe
05-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Its been a while since i did it, but if i remember rightly, i had a shield with quick response time and infector of all things when i first fought him.
The main thing was to keep moving, and to get away from his AoE.

I imagine there will be better advice from someone here.

Atticus Batman
05-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Most did it with bmgs originally. He has been nerfed atleast 6 times since then so I wasn't aware he was still a pain to some. But here's some advice: They made the boss battles a group event so you no longer have to solo. Have a couple friends group with you, then enter Nim's base. He should be much easier with 3 or 4 of you in there.

Quebra Regra
05-13-2014, 06:43 PM
The first time thru was rough and buggy for me, then I tried the detonator.

It's silly how fast he dies with a ground pounder or big boomer. Try cloak for defense and to get yer shield back.

On the first part, dodge him and detonate or DPS him (use cloak and regen if he catches you). On the second part seed the middle ground and when the clones come blow em' up. It's a cinch, and then do the same when he appears on the top shelf. Pretty much the same for the final phase.

I can't remember, if yer grouped, can you bring a buddy with you into the end mission? My buddy killed him with a sword before I even finished loading. All too easy. :)

TheOz
05-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Most did it with bmgs originally. He has been nerfed atleast 6 times since then so I wasn't aware he was still a pain to some. But here's some advice: They made the boss battles a group event so you no longer have to solo. Have a couple friends group with you, then enter Nim's base. He should be much easier with 3 or 4 of you in there.

As usual Batman is right. Bring friends or make a callout in zone chat for help.

For Solo, his attacks follow a pattern, learn it, dodge and attack

Bonehead
05-13-2014, 06:46 PM
I use the el diablo smg you get as a mission reward. If you keep moving perpendicular to him in the first part, he can't hit you reliably enough to kill you. Just keep a steady amount of damage going and keep always walking sideways while facing him.

The second and third parts, just use the line of sight cover and pop out to hit him when you can and you'll do fine.
It just takes some time to get the rhythm down is all.

Atticus Batman
05-13-2014, 06:47 PM
yes. ALL boss battles were made so you can go in, grouped up. Remember, if you want credit for it to finish that mission, then group up AND enter through it's quest entrance. Do NOT enter through matchmaking, because matchmaking does NOT count towards storyline progression.

Atticus Batman
05-13-2014, 06:49 PM
As usual Batman is right. Bring friends or make a callout in zone chat for help.

For Solo, his attacks follow a pattern, learn it, dodge and attack

Thanks foranother quote for my sig, Oz! :)

Mia Faith
05-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Thank you again to Duke and his friends who came in and helped me and beat the guy for me. what a pain that was lol. I finished the story missions. i

TheOz
05-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Thank you again to Duke and his friends who came in and helped me and beat the guy for me. what a pain that was lol. I finished the story missions. i

Congratulations Mia!

I have noticed your frustration in zone chat in the past and I am glad you stuck it out. The game right now can be frustrating for lower egos.

nathanpbutler
05-13-2014, 08:59 PM
My tactic is to load up with TWO BMGs so that you can use one while the other is empty. Get to know the pattern of his movements when dashing, so that you know a direction to roll the moment you see him charge up to dash (if you wait at all, you're going to still get hit). Then use the pillars as shields against incoming attacks in later phases. Oh, and Overcharge with as many perks as you can add to it.

Bentu
05-14-2014, 02:30 AM
Thanks foranother quote for my sig, Oz! :)

Carefull Batmin, your head won't fit through the door soon.

drackiller
05-14-2014, 04:50 AM

In my country we use this expression when we want to pizz off a fan from another Football club :)

Manstan
05-14-2014, 05:43 AM
I did Nim solo. The only real issue I had was him bugging out, I forget how many times I had to restart that one before I got through with out him getting caught in a wall, or a pillar, or inside that shielded console.

rydda
05-14-2014, 05:50 AM
The 3rd round when he attacks get behind the columns in the room then attack an repeat same thing or run around the center where he gos in to the shield to activate computer thing. That helps.
2nd round just gun them down stay moving.
I use the old ar an a old nano cluster shot gun. Back when syphon was num. 1 weapon.

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 07:01 AM

Neither will his signature.

Vlaron
05-14-2014, 07:18 AM
I did Nim solo. The only real issue I had was him bugging out, I forget how many times I had to restart that one before I got through with out him getting caught in a wall, or a pillar, or inside that shielded console.

If you're fortunate enough to get him stuck in the shielded console (haven't tried wall or pillar) and have a detonator or shotty that fires sticky grenades you can just shoot them at him in the pillar. He's a sitting duck there. Discovered this by accident while frustrated by several glitches.

Mia Faith
05-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Yes i do scream a lot asking for help. Sorry I get so mad because this game is hard. You shoot people and they don't die. Nothing happens to them. But I finished the story thanks to the people that helped me when I screamed lol. I don't give up I am stubborn and wanted to finish it. I just played saints row and that was easier.

Atticus Batman
05-15-2014, 01:36 AM
Neither will his signature.

Sadly you are only allowed 1000 characters in sigs including coding so my sig is now Maxed. So another qoute will not fit unless I remove something.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-15-2014, 02:39 AM
respark and roll for your life, you guys a lucky you get help. i had to beat high solo with out no self revive at all all 3 rounds

PachTrick
05-15-2014, 05:25 AM
I died a couple of times too but I managed to kill him with the OP Splitshot at that time.
Splitshot is still a good choice now though it charges slower now, just put a damage stim down and clock and charge.
I remember that I saw a post saying it's so much easier to beat it we melee.