PDA

View Full Version : Good news for high EGO players

drackiller
05-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Finally they put a level cap for the Advanced and Expert CoOps.

I`m not a 5K player (yet) and i salute this decision from Trion.
The next step to apease the masses is to do something of the kind for the Warmaster.

I just hope that Trion can deliver the package right later today, if so, GOOD work.

Elffin
05-14-2014, 12:51 AM
Possible solution to the Warmaster problem, make it so the same person cannot break more than 1 lock, that way if 1, 2 or even 3 uneducated in the ways of the Warmaster people try to start it off then they will fail. unfortunately if you get 4 people who want to troll then your out of luck.

elf.

Error404
05-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Possible solution to the Warmaster problem, make it so the same person cannot break more than 1 lock, that way if 1, 2 or even 3 uneducated in the ways of the Warmaster people try to start it off then they will fail. unfortunately if you get 4 people who want to troll then your out of luck.

elf.

Someone give this man a job.

Bonehead
05-14-2014, 01:50 AM
Someone give this man a job.

Amen brother.

TheOz
05-14-2014, 06:18 AM

elf.

I always thought a good solution would be to only allow the people that dropped spikes for the Monkey to be able to damage the locks. Big problem with that is of course the DCs, if the spike droppers can't get in, they can't break the locks.

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 06:24 AM

The next step to apease the masses is to do something of the kind for the Warmaster.

I just hope that Trion can deliver the package right later today, if so, GOOD work.

I was wondering how players below 5K would feel about it. I like it, no longer have to worry about ending up with someone below 1K when one of my friends gets a DC and can't get back before someone else joins.

And yes, CAN THEY DELIVER WHAT THE PATCH NOTES SAY?

I'm scared. Yet a little hopeful.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-14-2014, 06:28 AM
put a timer on the locks. when the first is broken, you have 20 seconds to break the other 3 or all locks reset. wiht the buff the locks got, this will require 2-3 people shooting each lock to get it done in the time limit

Littleweasel
05-14-2014, 06:29 AM

i definately agree with that there should been a level requirement for the warmaster, and considering he is the hardest enemy in the game to take down you should have to be at least at ego 5K to be able to enter the battle imo

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 06:36 AM
i definately agree with that there should been a level requirement for the warmaster, and considering he is the hardest enemy in the game to take down you should have to be at least at ego 5K to be able to enter the battle imo

Well 4.5 K ego anyway. Something to make the odds of success better!
And the patch notes also say they will buff ego 4.5 - 5 K.

bigguy
05-14-2014, 06:47 AM
I wish they made the level requirement for expert 4000 or 4500 so that there would be more people who could be that 4th person needed when you need 1 more person to start the match.

Tsort
05-14-2014, 06:51 AM
I like it, no longer have to worry about ending up with someone below 1K when one of my friends gets a DC and can't get back before someone else joins.
It used to be you'd judge players by skill, not /played. I miss the old Defiance.

I wish they made the level requirement for expert 4000 or 4500 so that there would be more people who could be that 4th person needed when you need 1 more person to start the match.
Yeah, I wonder how long it will take to fill a group for 5kEGO solo players.

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 06:53 AM

Yeah...that could be a problem sometimes.

Anyone on PS3 feel free to hit me up if you need a 4th. Although you may have to wait until I finish whatever I'm in the middle of at the time (probably another expert co-op).

SethC
05-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit afraid of how long it will take to get these expert coops to start. Even yesterday I couldn't get an Expert 101 going, I eventually just got off.

CRIXDA
05-14-2014, 07:02 AM
"Possible solution to the Warmaster problem, make it so the same person cannot break more than 1 lock, that way if 1, 2 or even 3 uneducated in the ways of the Warmaster people try to start it off then they will fail."
Well said Elffin, and a fine idea! Sadly - I am quite sure that the following answer will be rendered:

http://media3.giphy.com/media/XMl7bkguaL4PK/giphy.gif

Weep with me, please.
The trolls and griefers will win this one, I am afraid. That would take WWWWAAAAYYYYYYY too much effort to implement.
"Uneducated in the ways of the Warmaster". nice way to say "idiots".

I love your idea though and I am not pooh-poohing you, honestly.

duction
05-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Our clan has over 10+ ego 5000 and we do multiple runs every night on contract refresh to get everyone's done and help lower ego players get theirs, about time you found a good clan to be in.

Figma
05-14-2014, 07:14 AM
This is completely ****ing stupid decision again from trion, you guys never fail to show how utterly limited and ******ed team of developers this game has. No better way to screw over everyone who is not ego 5k and has dlc5

duction
05-14-2014, 07:21 AM
To be fair us ego 5k+ have had the shafting for so long and now it's the other way around lol

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit afraid of how long it will take to get these expert coops to start. Even yesterday I couldn't get an Expert 101 going, I eventually just got off.

Quite a few 5K's in my clan and we're always willing to help. Hit me up! 7 more hours at work for me first tho.

eaglepowers
05-14-2014, 07:37 AM
I'm sad. I'm over 5k but I've been sending out my mule to gather cores. He was only 300 ego and used pick up weapons but he was no slouch. I've gotten 1st place w/ him more than once and never came in last. It seemed to me anything below 4750 ego had roughly the same amount of power and it was about play style more than anything else.

I get it but I wish they'd at least allow lower ego players to be invited into expert co-ops by 5k+. Not looking forward to wait times for pug groups.

Seizan
05-14-2014, 08:06 AM

elf.

This solution was brought up long ago by others and it is definitely one of the more realistic approaches to the lockbreaking problem. Would Trion actually do it? Not holding my breath.

OttawaREDBLACKS
05-14-2014, 08:28 AM
To be fair us ego 5k+ have had the shafting for so long and now it's the other way around lol

Pretty ******ed they didn't do something like this earlier to actually maintain those players but there's a reason why there have been over 3 stages of mass quitting, but thats another story.

Festival
05-14-2014, 08:36 AM
My main character is about 4920 EGO. She's advancing in EGO very slowly now because no more Perk XP and I don't do PvP. I have only pursuits, hotshots/rampages (many of which are badly broken from the horrible scaling system) and driving (which I'm really bad at). I'll get to 5000, but I'm way beyond p*ssed off about this change.

Why? Be cause I pull my damn weight and then some in the Expert Co-Ops, the only thing in DLC5 that I don't consider a fiasco. I've been in lots of successful runs in which I contributed as much or more than the 5k+ players and had the score and kill count to prove it. I've seen 2000 EGO folks pull their weight...and 5500-range people underperform.

duction
05-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Buy DLC 5 and get extra xp from killing stuff lol simples

konstantinov
05-14-2014, 08:44 AM
I can see both sides of this but being a high level and having to wait for a EGO 500 to find his way through an instance and then watch every cut scene is ridiculous. Who the h3ll does that? I've yet to see any low ego's pull their weight in an expert co op and in that rare instance that I do queue up for a expert co op by myself with a group a low ego's I always leave. It's bad enough dealing with it in the warmaster which I have no choice but I won't put up with it in something I do have a choice in. So I am more than happy that Trion is implementing these changes. Like a previous guy said, "I've gone from ~3800 to ~5100 since the release of DLC 5." If you're not happy with the changes then leave. No one is forcing you to play this game.

PS- Who queues up for an expert map when they haven't even completed the normal one?

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 08:50 AM
I can see both sides of this but being a high level and having to wait for a EGO 500 to find his way through an instance and then watch every cut scene is ridiculous. Who the h3ll does that? I've yet to see any low ego's pull their weight in an expert co op and in that rare instance that I do queue up for a expert co op by myself with a group a low ego's I always leave. It's bad enough dealing with it in the warmaster which I have no choice but I won't put up with it in something I do have a choice in. So I am more than happy that Trion is implementing these changes. Like a previous guy said, "I've gone from ~3800 to ~5100 since the release of DLC 5." If you're not happy with the changes then leave. No one is forcing you to play this game.

PS- Who queues up for an expert map when they haven't even completed the normal one?

A bit harsh but yeah.

Except one thing, Trion has locked people below 5K out of DLC content they paid for. I'm hoping I'll be able to invite my lower level friends (who know what they're doing and don't watch friggin movies) into expert co-ops after the patch. Why should they not be able to earn their cores now?

On the other hand, I fully expect 1.509 to be a massive bork making all of the patch notes wildly inaccurate.

Tsort
05-14-2014, 08:58 AM
If you're not happy with the changes then leave. No one is forcing you to play this game.
Each time I read that I want to headbutt a wall.

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 09:11 AM

Now, now. No one's forcing you to do that either.

The more I think about it the more I believe 5K ego will have to queue up co-op but will still be able to invite lower level players inside. That would be the right thing. Only a few more hours and we'll find out.

StrikerF91
05-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Dident 5000+ players do it to them selves. At day one there were a lot of warnings about rushing to max out. You new this was going to happen and still rushed to max out and guess what, nothing more to do. Now you have no problum with them taking payed DLC away from players that did not rush to max out like others did. Im a day one player with the seasonpass and I am just under 4000. Right now the way they have the game going unless its at 10 you dont get rewards worth your time. So taking away stuff that was paid for is not right.

Wi7cher
05-14-2014, 09:19 AM

Sorry, but I really hope that +5000 player have to wait hours and hours to get the people the need for their group. Maybe it is a good decision if there is a +5000 phase for the whole Defiance world. Then the high ego players can play for their own. I don't want to play with you anymore! :mad:

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 09:27 AM
Sorry, but I really hope that +5000 player have to wait hours and hours to get the people the need for their group. Maybe it is a good decision if there is a +5000 phase for the whole Defiance world. Then the high ego players can play for their own. I don't want to play with you anymore! :mad:

Hey that's not fair!

In fact I have a lot of friends over 5K and don't expect much more wait time than before.

Stop the H8. It's TRION's decision, no group of players had anything to do with this decision.

Whippy
05-14-2014, 09:27 AM

I don't want to play with you either so it's all good, glad we are on the same level.

OttawaREDBLACKS
05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Dident 5000+ players do it to them selves. At day one there were a lot of warnings about rushing to max out. You new this was going to happen and still rushed to max out and guess what, nothing more to do. Now you have no problum with them taking payed DLC away from players that did not rush to max out like others did. Im a day one player with the seasonpass and I am just under 4000. Right now the way they have the game going unless its at 10 you dont get rewards worth your time. So taking away stuff that was paid for is not right.

Personally I am one of the few people remaining who were playing back in April (although you seem to be the only one that hasn't hit 5k yet) so yes I still think being one of the last to hit ego 5k back in late January even with taking a break I hit that mark after 6 months of gameplay currently in around a week of playing the game again I have gained approximately 300 ego at the 5k mark. The game is easy to the point of where I hit the 3800 mark on a second character after 2 months of playing and not even going for pursuits. Go kill a monolith and gain 15 levels or so then comeback and say its rushing it to hit 5k.

Copperpot
05-14-2014, 09:39 AM
I can see both sides of this but being a high level and having to wait for a EGO 500 to find his way through an instance and then watch every cut scene is ridiculous. Who the h3ll does that?

I have to input that on PS3 in co-op sometimes the skip scene button works and sometimes it doesn't. I get frustrated when I can't skip through because I know how annoying it is. But, if an EGO 500 wants to watch I don't care. I'm 2000+ and I don't play the expert co-ops cause "I ain't got time for that." I AM annoyed that I paid for that DLC and I'm still not sure what "content" I am benefiting from. The good thing about the 1.509 whatever patch is that it will keep new players from accidentally entering that co-op for their own benefit.

TASHINKA
05-14-2014, 09:46 AM
My main character is about 4920 EGO. She's advancing in EGO very slowly now because no more Perk XP and I don't do PvP. I have only pursuits, hotshots/rampages (many of which are badly broken from the horrible scaling system) and driving (which I'm really bad at). I'll get to 5000, but I'm way beyond p*ssed off about this change.

Why? Be cause I pull my damn weight and then some in the Expert Co-Ops, the only thing in DLC5 that I don't consider a fiasco. I've been in lots of successful runs in which I contributed as much or more than the 5k+ players and had the score and kill count to prove it. I've seen 2000 EGO folks pull their weight...and 5500-range people underperform.The limit should be lowered a little to 4k or 4500 (or allow grouping w/5k players), just for players like this - ones that can pull their weight and are now excluded from content they purchased. It is a step in the right direction though; I attempted an expert co op couple nights ago & found myself with 3 below 1k ego players, 1 using a sword, 1 using a bmg & 1 using an infector - seriously?

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 09:59 AM
<snip> on PS3 in co-op sometimes the skip scene button works and sometimes it doesn't.

Shhhhhhhhhhh. I pretend that's what's happening when I get all airheaded and forget to skip. Don't tell anyone.

Stewart2410
05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
I get it but I wish they'd at least allow lower ego players to be invited into expert co-ops by 5k+. Not looking forward to wait times for pug groups

I like the idea of an invite to the lower EGO players in co-ops.

Dracontius
05-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Heads up to high EGO players. WM can be solo'd if you're lucky enough to get one solo. It does happen (very seldom but it does). Of course it is tricky to keep a constant flow of damage on WM because you have full aggro, meaning if you get hit and knocked down more than once or twice, you will fail unless you aim is GODLIKE. I was able to break the right arm within a minute and then switch to my wolfhound after it broke. I barely beat him with maybe 3 or 4 seconds left. Got knocked down once. Here's the kicker though, my wolfhound has electric nano on it so I wasn't maximizing my possible damage output. This could mean it is possible to beat him with much more time on the clock. Also means you can duo WM between two players of EGO rating. I'd say possibly with only 5K+.

Copperpot
05-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhh. I pretend that's what's happening when I get all airheaded and forget to skip. Don't tell anyone.

Haha! It's not an excuse though! You should see me mashing buttons trying to make that psycho killer matron lover go away! It's almost as bad as "My brain is on fire!!!" Alternatively, cutscenes do provide a convenient time to go refill my cup....

yue
05-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Bout dam time . I love it 5k + should only be allowed in expert co-ops . I now won't have to troll the ego 800 that joins with their ego 2000 friends and expect to not die or expect me to do all the work . Will take a bit longer to post but will take 1/6 the time to complete . I don't get a chance to say this often but great work trion got this one rite .

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159338-Scapes-Gated-Content-Now-Please-CLARIFY

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Heads up to high EGO players. WM can be solo'd if you're lucky enough to get one solo. It does happen (very seldom but it does). Of course it is tricky to keep a constant flow of damage on WM because you have full aggro, meaning if you get hit and knocked down more than once or twice, you will fail unless you aim is GODLIKE. I was able to break the right arm within a minute and then switch to my wolfhound after it broke. I barely beat him with maybe 3 or 4 seconds left. Got knocked down once. Here's the kicker though, my wolfhound has electric nano on it so I wasn't maximizing my possible damage output. This could mean it is possible to beat him with much more time on the clock. Also means you can duo WM between two players of EGO rating. I'd say possibly with only 5K+.

No. Won't believe you unless you film it and post it here.

Deunan
05-14-2014, 11:35 AM
I wish they made the level requirement for expert 4000 or 4500 so that there would be more people who could be that 4th person needed when you need 1 more person to start the match.If that happens 1 player can leave the map and recruit a lower EGO player by grouping with them and reenter the queue to complete the group.

Holy Bahamut3
05-14-2014, 11:51 AM

I know right. Its like they are saying since you don't agree with my opinion, yours is invalid.

konstantinov
05-14-2014, 12:09 PM
We can argue this from both sides of the fence but in the long run it's whatever Trion implements that goes. So cry wolf all you want.

drackiller
05-15-2014, 12:49 AM
And it seems that low level ego players can still play the EXPERT coops if grouped.

No harm done really.

From what i played last night i enjoyed the changes.

Saint Bleed
05-15-2014, 01:00 AM
And it seems that low level ego players can still play the EXPERT coops if grouped.

No harm done really.

From what i played last night i enjoyed the changes.
Ya go *** yourself solo players who payed for the dlc
<-- solo player under 5k

Bonehead
05-15-2014, 01:02 AM
No. Won't believe you unless you film it and post it here.

I believe he believes it.

drackiller
05-15-2014, 01:04 AM
Ya go *** yourself solo players who payed for the dlc
<-- solo player under 5k

My friend i wish in double everything you wish for me.
I hope you get very satisfied.

Tsort
05-15-2014, 01:05 AM
I believe he believes it.
I melee'd the WM once. Solo. True story.

Atticus Batman
05-15-2014, 01:07 AM
I'm sad. I'm over 5k but I've been sending out my mule to gather cores. He was only 300 ego and used pick up weapons but he was no slouch. I've gotten 1st place w/ him more than once and never came in last. It seemed to me anything below 4750 ego had roughly the same amount of power and it was about play style more than anything else.

I get it but I wish they'd at least allow lower ego players to be invited into expert co-ops by 5k+. Not looking forward to wait times for pug groups.

You can be, just have a 5k group up with you.

Atticus Batman
05-15-2014, 01:09 AM
I have to input that on PS3 in co-op sometimes the skip scene button works and sometimes it doesn't. I get frustrated when I can't skip through because I know how annoying it is. But, if an EGO 500 wants to watch I don't care. I'm 2000+ and I don't play the expert co-ops cause "I ain't got time for that." I AM annoyed that I paid for that DLC and I'm still not sure what "content" I am benefiting from. The good thing about the 1.509 whatever patch is that it will keep new players from accidentally entering that co-op for their own benefit.

You can NOT skip the cutscenes unless everyone in the group hits skip. Sorry but it has always been that way, and will most likely remain that way. Btw the content you paid for are those ego 5k guns the lower levels can't use yet.

Bonehead
05-15-2014, 01:10 AM
I melee'd the WM once. Solo. True story.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/75089452289253587034046_zpsdd24e112.gif

drackiller
05-15-2014, 01:11 AM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/75089452289253587034046_zpsdd24e112.gif
LOL Bonehead :)