PDA

View Full Version : What new enemies would you like to see in season 2?

Tsort
05-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Long-overdue Saberwolves?
More E-Rep rogue soldiers?
Indogenes?
Snake Cult Castis ?

Wi7cher
05-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Amazons :cool:

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 09:43 AM
I'd like to shoot at T**** D******

TheOz
05-14-2014, 11:14 AM
I'd like to shoot at T**** D******

You don't want "SHarkfalls"?

3rdpig
05-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Smart ones. Enemies that use intelligent tactics, enemies that don't have to be bullet sponges or have insane accuracy to be quasi difficult.

SymbolicGamer
05-14-2014, 11:27 AM
The awesome, noble, bestial and wise Tigerman.

Ashlocke
05-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I was going to suggest something along the lines of a new faction, but really, we already have several factions of humanoid targets to shoot at, one robotic faction, and one monster faction.

While I wouldn't say no to more factions, I think what I would really like to see in a new "enemy" isn't so much a new faction, but something more "interesting" when you encounter it.

So, I propose randomly spawning "events" that are more interactive with the game world. What I mean by that is that special foes appear on the map in random places, some could remain static in that location, some would wander around the game world until defeated, and some would spawn with goals, and players would have to stop it before they complete their goals.

Off the top of my head:

1) Volge are on the march, they appear on one side of the map and they literally march to the other side of the map headed to who knows where, folks can try to stop the small army before they disappear off the map. A Warmaster could be the leader of this Volge march.

2) Raiders go nuts! In the vein of Mad Max raiders are on the move in a convoy of haphazard vehicles terrorizing the locals. Players must intercept them and stop them. Raider vehicles would be new content complete with vehicle weapons to make them a bit tougher than the normal raiders on foot that folks are used to. Weapons that do extra damage to vehicles would be handy here. (considering they aren't handy anywhere in the PvE game)

3) ET Phone home: Scrappers are seen moving through the countryside with seemingly purposeful intent. They are congregating at a random location to build some sort of communication device, who are they trying to contact?

4) Duck Matter: Dark Matter are hiding in plain sight. A lucky strike by arkfall debris takes out the cloak generator for a Dark Matter facility causing the base to suddenly spring into view. Dark Matter begin to frantically duck into it to fortify the base while ark hunters try to breach the defenses in order to take the base down.

There are a ton more ideas, these are just off the top of my head. The whole point I'm trying to make is, something a little more "active" instead of the location based events we currently have. I want to see the game world become more "alive" with activity when an event starts, rather than seeing a circle on the map indicating an event i want to see activity right where I happen to be that leads me to the focus of the event.

Imagine you are driving around and see half a dozen scrappers run past you in haste heading to some unknown destination, that would make me curious, I would want to follow them. Or a convoy of Raiders barreling down the road at you looking kind of crazy, would you stop and fight, or duck for cover and call on friends to even the odds. Or Dark Matter patrols guarding an area that has always been empty but when you take a closer look there's a bunker there that wasn't there yesterday...

K Ron Spliffs
05-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Only enemies I would like to see, are the ones that Phase in and out all the time.

Zocadious
05-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I would like to see some kind of Ice creature with new ice weaponry to use. Except the ice weaponry would not work against these guys, you would have to use fire.

Copperpot
05-14-2014, 11:59 AM
50ft. Cheerleader?

TheOz
05-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Godzilla?
Batman?
Superman?

Too bad we can only beat 2 of them.

Ryme
05-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Vehicles.

Slenderman.

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Saw a thread awhile back about having Razor Rain in the game. Hurts us and enemies alike, we'd have to run for cover and/or have special shields/armor for it.

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 12:23 PM
You don't want "SHarkfalls"?

I DO want shArkfalls!

dramaQkarri
05-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Smart ones. Enemies that use intelligent tactics, enemies that don't have to be bullet sponges or have insane accuracy to be quasi difficult.

+1 I'd love to see tactical experts. No patterns, but responding to what we do and where we are. Stuff that forces us to be more tactical ourselves instead of rushing in all the time. Or running away all the time.

Tsort
05-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Only enemies I would like to see, are the ones that Phase in and out all the time.
I see what you did there. Wait no, I don't see it anymore. Oh yes, I see it again now.

Bonehead
05-15-2014, 12:26 AM
I see what you did there. Wait no, I don't see it anymore. Oh yes, I see it again now.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/90714-I-see-what-you-did-there-gif-j8mI_zps3bea6301.jpeg