PDA

View Full Version : Barring from content, seriously Trion?

LeoFy
05-14-2014, 10:27 AM
First of all I want to say I have been playing the game since release off and on and my ego is at 3200 ATM. I have completed all pursuits (except pvp, social, and grindy sniper kills), so I can basically get ego from gun levels and xp levels. I agree with Trion about setting a requirement for expert coop maps. I have played on some and unfortunately due to bullet sponges I wasn't effective until I learned how to use nano. So I can see how 5k ego players don't want new or low level ego players with them cuz they are not very effective in general.

However, I think barring anyone under 5k ego from a portion of the dlc that they payed for is ridiculous! I love that they gave everyone a reason to reach 5k ego so you could play expert coop, but to have pursuits and contracts tied to this barred content is asinine! I think the pursuits and daily contracts should be changed to allow those with the dlc to partake in them. Set the dailies so that whatever ego range you are in (standard, advanced, or expert) is the daily contract you will be given. So that I can actually finish these pursuits and get some ego to help towards getting to 5k. Then I can finish the other pursuits involving expert co op maps.

I have been an avid fan of defiance, both the tv show and the game, but I'm finding more and more reasons to put down the controller, because certain decisions from Trion are making the game less enjoyable. I'm not asking to unbar the players under 5k ego from expert because that doesn't solve anything put piss off elitists. I am just asking to get to be able to complete contracts and pursuits I payed for without grinding gun levels and xp to reach 5000.

Scapes
05-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Please refer to this existing thread on this topic:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159318-Gated-Content-Now-Please-CLARIFY