PDA

View Full Version : cores in the bit store

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-16-2014, 07:02 AM
so we have officially made it to step 4 of trions 5 step program to drain your wallet:

1. introduce a new endgame currency used to purchase unique items in game

2. make said currency obtainable through long grindy process

3. make said currency available to everyone for limited time

4. remove access to said currency for 75% of player base after a short time (not including high ego invite loophole)

5. add said currency to bit store

so, is there any e.t.a. as to when the cores will be added to the defiance store?

Pandur
05-16-2014, 07:04 AM
so we have officially made it to step 4 of trions 5 step program to drain your wallet:

1. introduce a new endgame currency used to purchase unique items in game

2. make said currency obtainable through long grindy process

3. make said currency available to everyone for limited time

4. remove access to said currency for 75% of player base after a short time (not including high ego invite loophole)

5. add said currency to bit store

so, is there any e.t.a. as to when the cores will be added to the defiance store?

My money is on 4th june.

TheOz
05-16-2014, 07:07 AM
My money is on 4th june.

June 4th .

Pandur
05-16-2014, 07:09 AM
June 4th .

Vierter Juni, why the insistance on writing everything backwards :P

Wi7cher
05-16-2014, 07:18 AM
so we have officially made it to step 4 of trions 5 step program to drain your wallet

Well, the devs want to be paid.

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 07:19 AM
My money is on 4th june.

My money is staying in my WALLET.

SymbolicGamer
05-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Dude. It's end game content. All the guns are level 5000. There is no reason why scrubby sub 2000 ego players should be playing those expert maps and wasting my time.

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Dude. It's end game content. All the guns are level 5000. There is no reason why scrubby sub 2000 ego players should be playing those expert maps and wasting my time.

Yeah...which is why when cores are in the bit store we can let them go buy 'em there to keep the game alive. Not me tho, no thanks I'll keep earning as I play.

BJWyler
05-16-2014, 08:05 AM
Yeah...which is why when cores are in the bit store we can let them go buy 'em there to keep the game alive. Not me tho, no thanks I'll keep earning as I play.

What we need now are Democrats in the game so they can raise the minimum wage and let us earn more!

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-16-2014, 08:06 AM

although this comment has virtually nothing to do with my sarcastic, yet truthful, original post, it does beg me to ask a question. if i log off of my 5600 ego toon, that i have been playing with since the game launched, and log into my ego 1200 toon that i use every once in a while, do i by your standard become a scrubby player who would be wasting your time?

SymbolicGamer
05-16-2014, 08:30 AM
although this comment has virtually nothing to do with my sarcastic, yet truthful, original post, it does beg me to ask a question. if i log off of my 5600 ego toon, that i have been playing with since the game launched, and log into my ego 1200 toon that i use every once in a while, do i by your standard become a scrubby player who would be wasting your time?

Yes. You would be an immense burden to the team. Expert maps are designed to be played by level 5000 characters. They're called expert for a reason. Scrubby 1200 ego rating characters, (not "Toons". CHARACTERS!) do not belong. Just because I have an ego rating of 5,806 on one of my characters doesn't mean I should be allowed to bring in my alt of 1500.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes. You would be an immense burden to the team. Expert maps are designed to be played by level 5000 characters. They're called expert for a reason. Scrubby 1200 ego rating characters, (not "Toons". CHARACTERS!) do not belong. Just because I have an ego rating of 5,806 on one of my characters doesn't mean I should be allowed to bring in my alt of 1500.

well thank you for clarifying that for me. all of this time i was under the impression that the skill came from the person actually controlling the "character". i did not realize that my skill level dropped when my ego level did. its funny because when i change between my characters i dont feel different. i guess im going to have to stick to my high ego character so i can be a good player

Odessa
05-16-2014, 08:49 AM
well thank you for clarifying that for me. all of this time i was under the impression that the skill came from the person actually controlling the "character". i did not realize that my skill level dropped when my ego level did. its funny because when i change between my characters i dont feel different. i guess im going to have to stick to my high ego character so i can be a good player

I'm the same way. I kicked up my one toon from 300 to 14xx within a week of randomly playing. I have at least two weapons maxed and four others at the halfway mark. This is without going beyond the Sniper Ridge storyline. I have been doing Expert Coop with my regular group and do not see any issues holding my own. I have the proper perks/set up and weapons for the situation and understand the enemy weaknesses as well as their standard tactics. I started two other lower level toons just to play with new people and when I've jumped into expert maps, etc... I still don't see being a total hindrance to the group. Granted, I only do the maps with them if a fourth is needed on the fly and I know that I would be able to help.

SymbolicGamer
05-16-2014, 08:58 AM

This is totally absurd.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that you can't tell the difference between 1000 EGO and a level 5000 EGO at threat level 10?

I bet you bring in your level 1200 character to Arkbreaks too. Probably the first to break the locks, because you don't have any consideration for other players.

I'm the same way. I kicked up my one toon from 300 to 14xx within a week of randomly playing. I have at least two weapons maxed and four others at the halfway mark. This is without going beyond the Sniper Ridge storyline. I have been doing Expert Coop with my regular group and do not see any issues holding my own. I have the proper perks/set up and weapons for the situation and understand the enemy weaknesses as well as their standard tactics. I started two other lower level toons just to play with new people and when I've jumped into expert maps, etc... I still don't see being a total hindrance to the group. Granted, I only do the maps with them if a fourth is needed on the fly and I know that I would be able to help.

Try to do it with a whole team of 1400s. The enemies are getting scaled to the 5,000 range. If you're in there with a group of high level players and you know what you're doing, it's possible to tag along with a lower level character (especially after the most recent patch), but you're crazy if you think your level 1000 character is just as effective as your level 5000.

And even if you are the greatest level 1400 defiance player, you must understand that the vast majority of low level people searching for expert maps were completely unprepared. Setting an EGO restriction to the co-op maps was the right thing to do. They go so much more smoothly now. No longer do I join the same daily ten times in a row because a group of low ranks are dying over and over again to the first wave of enemies and are too stubborn to leave.

I wish they'd do the same for the Warmaster. Rooms are becoming full of shoobies trying to level up.

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I smell popcorn!

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-16-2014, 09:08 AM

This is totally absurd.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that you can't tell the difference between 1000 EGO and a level 5000 EGO at threat level 10?

I bet you bring in your level 1200 character to Arkbreaks too. Probably the first to break the locks, because you don't have any consideration for other players.

first off, i only do warmasters with clan, and i never break locks. i leave that up to others in the room. secondly, i never said there was no difference between a low level char and a high level char. what i said is that i have the same skill level no matter what char i play on. i just have to adjust my playstyle a bit when im on my lower char. in case you cant comprehend how this is opssible, i will elaborate:

high level - i run damage spikes and radiation/fire weapons. i play for max damage and run at point on most co-ops.

low level - i run ammo spikes or protection spikes for the group, i use bio weapons to help with armor and a spanner for healing in mob/boss situations.

both characters are vary capable in expert co-ops. i truly cannot see how ego level changes my ability to play the game, nor my skill level. truth be told, about 80% of the people i play with have low level characters, and i havent seen a skill decrease in any of them when they swap to those characters.

Noble_One
05-16-2014, 09:15 AM

This is totally absurd.

heh heh not really. she (or he?) is just pulling your strings. but to be honest there are some that can hold there own in expert maps with low ego characters. this is mainly because the expert enemies dont scale to the highest player, they scale to 5k ego. but i do agree with scapes and solo 5k users since they are the ones that wanted this change since they usually had to "carry" low ego people which was not fun to them. and as it was stated that expert maps where the "end game" content (along with the mods, weapons, and cores)

but really any person that has low ego characters and are in a guild with 5k players can normally group with them and que up so you are not missing anything. and to any person that wanted to go into expert maps can normally just shout and get invited to them. so no loss there either.

but to give an answer to the OP i dont think cores will go into the bit store since its end game currency and would defeat the purpose of the actual content (hell why do the dallies when you could buy the cores). its devs shooting themselves in the foot (.... not to say they dont do that on the norm but). so no i dont think 5 will happen. trion has made some bad moves but i dont think they are stupid.

TASHINKA
05-16-2014, 09:19 AM

This is totally absurd.

Try to do it with a whole team of 1400s. The enemies are getting scaled to the 5,000 range. If you're in there with a group of high level players and you know what you're doing, it's possible to tag along with a lower level character (especially after the most recent patch), but you're crazy if you think your level 1000 character is just as effective as your level 5000.This is not totally absurd. I see plenty of high ego players who are not that good and lots of low ego players that kick ***** - this would indicate the person controlling the character makes the toon. However, with latest patch, the higher ego weapons hugely overmatch low ego ones does challenge good low ego players. :)

Noble_One
05-16-2014, 09:19 AM
first off, i only do warmasters with clan, and i never break locks. i leave that up to others in the room. secondly, i never said there was no difference between a low level char and a high level char. what i said is that i have the same skill level no matter what char i play on. i just have to adjust my playstyle a bit when im on my lower char. in case you cant comprehend how this is opssible, i will elaborate:

high level - i run damage spikes and radiation/fire weapons. i play for max damage and run at point on most co-ops.

low level - i run ammo spikes or protection spikes for the group, i use bio weapons to help with armor and a spanner for healing in mob/boss situations.

both characters are vary capable in expert co-ops. i truly cannot see how ego level changes my ability to play the game, nor my skill level. truth be told, about 80% of the people i play with have low level characters, and i havent seen a skill decrease in any of them when they swap to those characters.

thats the thing you have the skills and knowledge of this game. now remove that and put a less than 1500 ego player in there and it would seem like a nightmare to everyone. thats what most solo 5k players were going through and why they wanted the expert maps soft gated. like scapes has said if you want to go into the maps with a low ego character just find a 5k ego player to run with.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-16-2014, 09:24 AM
thats the thing you have the skills and knowledge of this game. now remove that and put a less than 1500 ego player in there and it would seem like a nightmare to everyone. thats what most solo 5k players were going through and why they wanted the expert maps soft gated. like scapes has said if you want to go into the maps with a low ego character just find a 5k ego player to run with.

i agree with you there noble, and im not arguing that point. what gamer said was that by going to a lower ego char, i became a less skilled player. ive played with, and carried, low ego players who were new to the game. it was difficult, and a lot of work for me and my group. but i have yet to find anything ot convince me that my personal skill level is based on my ego level

SymbolicGamer
05-16-2014, 09:31 AM

So... you can't see how being forced to play support makes you less effective than someone that can actually clear the room by themselves? No one really cares how much skill you think you have. You're still handicapping the team. If your friends are cool with it that's fine but players like myself who don't need your "help" get frustrated when the rest of the team is running around with BMGs instead of killing enemies.

It's not that you're less skilled, Puddy. The problem is you're less effective.

Deunan
05-16-2014, 09:54 AM
low level - i run ammo spikes or protection spikes for the group, i use bio weapons to help with armor and a spanner for healing in mob/boss situations.Your BMG's healing is also buff capped so it's not as helpful as you think it might be, especially if the other players are high EGO and know what they're doing. You're better off using an Incinerator for crowd control. It will be far more effective in protecting the group from enemy fire, contribute to group DPS by giving them the damage bonus against health, and add its own tick damage to the group DPS as well. If you don't have an Incinerator you can use a Bonfire or even pyro grenades.

...both characters are vary capable in expert co-ops. i truly cannot see how ego level changes my ability to play the game, nor my skill level. truth be told, about 80% of the people i play with have low level characters, and i havent seen a skill decrease in any of them when they swap to those characters.That's not really the issue. You're DPS is simply lower than anyone who has an EGO 5000+ character. You can't get around the fact that there is a cap for the Threat Level buff that is far below 5000. That will make movement throughout the map slower unless you're blitzing the map and even then the boss fight will still take longer.

My issue was that there were lower EGO players that were queuing up that had little to no idea what they were doing and it showed and there were a lot of them. They didn't know their way around the map, didn't know their way around the nano-effect mechanics of the game, didn't know their way around the EGO grid and/or didn't know their way around weapon mechanics in terms of what's suitable and what is not. These players basically gave a bad image for all lower EGO players trying to get into the maps and made the other players extremely reluctant to group with the low EGO character of a player that they didn't know.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-16-2014, 09:57 AM
So... you can't see how being forced to play support makes you less effective than someone that can actually clear the room by themselves? No one really cares how much skill you think you have. You're still handicapping the team. If your friends are cool with it that's fine but players like myself who don't need your "help" get frustrated when the rest of the team is running around with BMGs instead of killing enemies.

ive never been accused of handicapping my team by anyone ive run with. the only person who has ever accused me of that is a guy on the forum who has never played a co-op with me which means he has no basis for his accusation. ive never been FORCED to run any loadout, ive never heard anyone ive played with become frustrated by what i was doing, and i get plenty of kills.

the only person i can think of that considers my loadout is a handicap or a cause of frustration is you, and your basing that off of countless low ego new people that you have been in co-ops or arkbreaks with that didnt know how to play the game.

GRAYWOLF6977
05-16-2014, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=

SymbolicGamer;1492698]....

This is totally absurd.

Lower ego's get tossed into playing threat 10 even when playing out on our own trying to build ego up when a 5000 happens to come within range to trigger the threat levels. I don't consider that anyone's fault and I continue to play on and finish the contract. If I trigger the threat level on another player I try to help out rather than run off especially when the levels wasn't dropping back down when you tried leaving the area. I understand the difference in the arenas and expert is built for the 5000t an even ego 2500 toon adds difficulties to the group. This particular change in the game has divided the players more rather than rally teamwork. I just want to play the game and have fun with all no matter what the ego level is and build up my own toon! That was my understanding of the MMORPG... Have a good one! ;)

Try to do it with a whole team of 1400s. The enemies are getting scaled to the 5,000 range. If you're in there with a group of high level players and you know what you're doing, it's possible to tag along with a lower level character (especially after the most recent patch), but you're crazy if you think your level 1000 character is just as effective as your level 5000.[/QUOTE

Odessa
05-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Try to do it with a whole team of 1400s. The enemies are getting scaled to the 5,000 range. If you're in there with a group of high level players and you know what you're doing, it's possible to tag along with a lower level character (especially after the most recent patch), but you're crazy if you think your level 1000 character is just as effective as your level 5000.

And even if you are the greatest level 1400 defiance player, you must understand that the vast majority of low level people searching for expert maps were completely unprepared. Setting an EGO restriction to the co-op maps was the right thing to do. They go so much more smoothly now. No longer do I join the same daily ten times in a row because a group of low ranks are dying over and over again to the first wave of enemies and are too stubborn to leave.

I wish they'd do the same for the Warmaster. Rooms are becoming full of shoobies trying to level up.

I've seen players right at the 5K mark break locks early, rambo into an expert map and get owned by Raiders at a daily. It's not JUST about the number is what I am trying to infer. There is a clear difference when you have fully upgraded weapons at your level. Hands down, that's a bonus. The difference I see is that I don't see a lower level person as an automatic hindrance. You have a team of four, each with a priority. I play with the same group, which means we all know our strengths and weaknesses, both on skill and character. As a general rule, people who have already played through the game to know the mechanics, weapons, enemies, etc... are going to be a MUCH stronger player than a newly leveled up one. Again, this is with a group that all want to play together and not me jumping into some random match with an expectation that my level difference will affect their gameplay.

I totally agree that there needs to be restraints put on the WM. Both EGO AND player numbers. Leveling up a weapon has never been easier in the open world. There's no reason to screw up everyone's experience and be a selfish twit.

Noble_One
05-16-2014, 09:59 AM

this is were i disagree. a support, no matter the ego, is NEVER less effective. if you have 3 people that are 5k+ and a person that is 2k or less and they run support then ill take it. this allows the 5k people to run high damage as the support handles CC and armor and shields, along with picking you up, adding protect spikes, and constantly regen your shields. there is no such thing as "handicapping a team" when you roll support and are damn good at it (ego makes zero difference).

never say a support is less effective. that type of comment gets you 0 love.

TANK for life....

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-16-2014, 10:00 AM
My issue was that there were lower EGO players that were queuing up that had little to no idea what they were doing and it showed and there were a lot of them. They didn't know their way around the map, didn't know their way around the nano-effect mechanics of the game, didn't know their way around the EGO grid and/or didn't know their way around weapon mechanics in terms of what's suitable and what is not. These players basically gave a bad image for all lower EGO players trying to get into the maps and made the other players extremely reluctant to group with the low EGO character of a player that they didn't know.

i understand that issue, and i fully agree with you on it deunan. but i cannot see how a person who has been playing for a year, through 5 dlc's, every patch and update, and has a full working knowledge of the workings of nanos, perks, and ego can instantly be put into that group simply because they changed to a lower ego character.

SymbolicGamer
05-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Lower ego's get tossed into playing threat 10 even when playing out on our own trying to build ego up when a 5000 happens to come within range to trigger the threat levels. I don't consider that anyone's fault and I continue to play on and finish the contract. If I trigger the threat level on another player I try to help out rather than run off especially when the levels wasn't dropping back down when you tried leaving the area. I understand the difference in the arenas and expert is built for the 5000t an even ego 2500 toon adds difficulties to the group. This particular change in the game has divided the players more rather than rally teamwork. I just want to play the game and have fun with all no matter what the ego level is and build up my own toon! That was my understanding of the MMORPG... Have a good one! ;)\

We're not talking about open world events here. We're talking about low level characters queuing for co-operative maps designed for players over 5000 ego and dragging down the team.

i understand that issue, and i fully agree with you on it deunan. but i cannot see how a person who has been playing for a year, through 5 dlc's, every patch and update, and has a full working knowledge of the workings of nanos, perks, and ego can instantly be put into that group simply because they changed to a lower ego character.

BECAUSE YOU ARE A LOWER EGO CHARACTER. JEK!

EXPERT MAPS ARE DESIGNED TO BE PLAYED BY CHARACTERS 5000 AND UP, NOT SHOOBIES RUNNING AROUND HEALING EACH OTHER WITH BMGS

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Actually this thread was about cores in the bit store...

Derail COMPLETE.

wartitan
05-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Lol....drama is spot on. I thought we were talking about cores, not tearing each other apart about skill vs ego...

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Well I see no reason the OP doesn't have every right to derail his own thread! I do it to mine all the time.

SymbolicGamer
05-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Well I see no reason the OP doesn't have every right to derail his own thread! I do it to mine all the time.

Well, he wouldn't have been able to derail the thread if it wasn't for me carrying him.

Deunan
05-16-2014, 10:36 AM
i understand that issue, and i fully agree with you on it deunan. but i cannot see how a person who has been playing for a year, through 5 dlc's, every patch and update, and has a full working knowledge of the workings of nanos, perks, and ego can instantly be put into that group simply because they changed to a lower ego character.If other players don't know you then they can be prone to doing just that. This is one of the reasons why I think it makes some sense to remove the ability for low EGO characters to use the queue system for expert co-op maps. If you've been around that long, or even if you haven't but still have equivalent knowledge you should be able to get a player with a high EGO character to essentially vouch for you by bringing you into the queue with him or her.

One thing I find is odd is that I haven't seen any lower EGO characters using zone chat to solicit grouping from EGO 5000+. Maybe it's just the server I'm on or the time of the day I'm on but I simply haven't seen it. I could totally see them getting grouped by someone who is in a queue that's stalled because they need one more player. I know I would be willing to do it. Even if they turn out to be not that good, we can still do the map with 3 5000+ players in the group. Hell I did one last night where we ran with three and got the queue filled by having a player agree to enter it just to get us started and then leave the group.

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Well, he wouldn't have been able to derail the thread if it wasn't for me carrying him.

bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lmao
something about coffee meet monitor

Ashlocke
05-16-2014, 12:56 PM
The problem here is that the solution the Devs implemented actually harms both sides of the argument.

The folks that like the 5k EGO gate are harmed because now there is a MUCH smaller pool of available players to join the mission, which was already a problem before the gate was put in place.

The Folks that dislike the 5k EGO gate paid money for DLC5 and had a legitimate expectation of what content they would receive in exchange for the money they spent. Then all of a sudden the nature of the exchange was altered by Trion.

If Trion wanted to sell a DLC that was aimed at "end game" content, that would be fine because it would be up front about what you are paying for. The customer has the relevant information to make an informed decision. However, that's not what happened here, they sold you a bill of goods, you payed for said goods, then changed the offered goods in such a way that made it so most folks couldn't receive the goods that they payed for as it was offered.

Now, Trion can easily fix this problem without having to upset either side of this issue.

5K folks don't want to run expert coops with sub 5K folks, that's fine, they shouldn't have to.
Sub 5K folks want to be able to earn cores that were a part of the DLC content that they payed for, and that's fine they should get what they payed for.

Divide the daily and weekly contracts up by tiers.
If the contract is to run Explosions 101 for example, then you are given the contract tier appropriate to your EGO level, which in turn rewards you with an appropriate amount of Cores.

EGO 1-2999 = Contract difficulty Normal = Core reward 1
EGO 3000-4999 = Contract difficulty Advanced = Core reward 2
EGO 5000+ = Contract difficulty Expert = Core reward 3

Or something along those lines.

Basically folks who are 5K+ will still have their gate so they don't get stuck with a bunch of lower level players, and the folks who payed for DLC5 will now have access to Cores in order to purchase items from the vendor.

Remember, not every item for sale is gated at 5K EGO. In fact, most folks would argue that the 5K gated weapons are mostly garbage and the worthwhile purchases are the mods, which aren't gated and anyone of any EGO level can purchase.

The Devs should really stop using a hammer to fix problems that need a scalpel.

r2nddan
05-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Yes...just kidding...

r2nddan
05-16-2014, 03:44 PM
The problem here is that the solution the Devs implemented actually harms both sides of the argument.

The folks that like the 5k EGO gate are harmed because now there is a MUCH smaller pool of available players to join the mission, which was already a problem before the gate was put in place.

The Folks that dislike the 5k EGO gate paid money for DLC5 and had a legitimate expectation of what content they would receive in exchange for the money they spent. Then all of a sudden the nature of the exchange was altered by Trion.

If Trion wanted to sell a DLC that was aimed at "end game" content, that would be fine because it would be up front about what you are paying for. The customer has the relevant information to make an informed decision. However, that's not what happened here, they sold you a bill of goods, you payed for said goods, then changed the offered goods in such a way that made it so most folks couldn't receive the goods that they payed for as it was offered.

Now, Trion can easily fix this problem without having to upset either side of this issue.

5K folks don't want to run expert coops with sub 5K folks, that's fine, they shouldn't have to.
Sub 5K folks want to be able to earn cores that were a part of the DLC content that they payed for, and that's fine they should get what they payed for.

Divide the daily and weekly contracts up by tiers.
If the contract is to run Explosions 101 for example, then you are given the contract tier appropriate to your EGO level, which in turn rewards you with an appropriate amount of Cores.

EGO 1-2999 = Contract difficulty Normal = Core reward 1
EGO 3000-4999 = Contract difficulty Advanced = Core reward 2
EGO 5000+ = Contract difficulty Expert = Core reward 3

Or something along those lines.

Basically folks who are 5K+ will still have their gate so they don't get stuck with a bunch of lower level players, and the folks who payed for DLC5 will now have access to Cores in order to purchase items from the vendor.

Remember, not every item for sale is gates at 5K EGO. In fact, most folks would argue that the 5K gated weapons are mostly garbage and the worthwhile purchases are the mods, which aren't gated and anyone of any EGO level can purchase.

You my friend are way too intelligent for the folks at trion...

Bonehead
05-16-2014, 04:04 PM
I smell popcorn!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/GO_zpsaf409bee.gif

BJWyler
05-16-2014, 05:36 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/GO_zpsaf409bee.gif

Ploppers!

(plus some more to make 10 chars).

Bonehead
05-16-2014, 05:39 PM

If you love a thread, set it free...

Tallon
05-16-2014, 10:19 PM
My money is staying in my WALLET.
Same here, no soup for trion.

mikeel
05-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Ashlocke View Post

I don't have issue running expert co-ops with sub 5k folks or players below 5k :cool:.... I've done it before and the only way it stops you from getting cores. Is if players in your group are not well equipped or they aren't equipped with common sense. If the Hulker pain train is coming step out of the way :cool:.

StrikerF91
05-17-2014, 01:10 AM
It has nothing to do with skill. Its the challenge. It sounds like all you want to do is get thru the board as fast as you can to get your cores and lower level players just slow you down and make it to much of a challenge for you. I applaud the lower level players that want the challenge of the runing the higher level boards vrs the player that just run thru to get there rewards of the day done. People wanted more of a challenge but I guess not the challenge of playing with everyone.

Littleweasel
05-17-2014, 04:15 PM
imo the gated expert maps should stay as gated unless you are ego 5K+ even if your in a group with someone over 5k.
meaning unless your over 5kego you can not even get into the maps in a group of people that are over 5k

konstantinov
05-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I'd like to share my opinion but it wouldn't be appreciated.

jackdaws_1999
05-17-2014, 08:20 PM
I was reading this thread for the fun of it, then it dawned on me, I might be able to put something into this debate.

I have done several tests on low ego toons (yes toons, its easier to write), and on my high level toon.

I have finished all my weapon level ups on my high level toon, and so run a shotty and sword for expert co-op maps, I usually top the leaderboards, get the most kills and have the least deaths. Im not saying Im a defiance god, but when I run with my ego 1000 toon with the same perks, the same sword (chimera fang) and a similar shotty, I still usually get the highest kills, lowest deaths, highest score.... now I may be insane, but doesnt that mean... Im .... Contributing... the... same???

I do nearly as much damage with my low ego as I do with my 5741... nearly.. but the difference is so small, I hardly notice. You take me into a seige with volge, I survive and kill stuff just as quick with both.

There are two possibilities here, Im a defiance god, which I highly doubt (but feel free to worship me as your god, it bothers me not) or ego level has less to do with ability to "contribute" to a team as skill does... now paint me blue and call me a smurff, but all of my friends and clanmates feel the same way...

Maybe we are all defiance gods in midgard....

Maybe we are all results of twisted experiments to find the ultimate arkhunters set during the pale wars...

Maybe we just know how to build a Toon....

Either way, I sincerly hope they dont put cores in the stores... would make the game more full of snores.... and bores.