PDA

View Full Version : Missing Instance Rewards and Stim Charges

Scapes
05-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Ark hunters,

While we were able to address scaling and scoreboard issues (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158858-Scaling-Scoreboards-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-Both) last week, two new issues were introduced as a result of that patch: instance rewards were failing to be granted and stim charges stopped dropping. The team has been investigating these issues this week and has determined the cause of the stim charge drought and designed a solution for the missing instance rewards.

The development of Defiance occurs in multiple branches. The stim charges not dropping was a bug fix that we missed integrating into one of the branches. As you might imagine, this is the easier of the two fixes and will be applied in our next live build. If any of you are interested in the technical details behind how our branching works, let us know and we can follow up with more details in the future.

The instance rewards not being granted is more complicated. Initially, we determined that any player disconnecting from an instance could cause some players in that instance to not be granted the non-equipment rewards such as scrip, keycodes, and arkforge. This element of the bug has been fixed but players are still reporting missing instance rewards. We haven't been able to reproduce this internally and are continuing to investigate the issue. Our interim solution is a fix we've been calling "cash out" which guarantees reward delivery based on current score when players leave instances even if the instance is incomplete.

These two fixes are currently in testing. Rather than repeat the scenario that caused these two frustrating and gameplay-affecting issues to occur, we're going to give Patch 1.510 more time with our QA Team and deploy it on Monday, May 19. (This patch also addresses the BMG issue players are reporting.) We're just as eager as you are to return your Defiance gameplay experience to normal and we know you've been very patient while we address these issues.

We'll be issuing a 100 Arkforge Cache and Veteran Supply Crate to all players who were active since Patch 1.509 on May 9. You'll be able to find them in your Claim Items pane later next week. As always, thank you for reporting these and other issues you encounter in Defiance here on the forums and to our Support Team.

Shadow Andreas
05-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info Scapes.

Critical Errors
05-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Well thanks for the info, and the small handout as compensation. Does this mean my Pick-up truck with the FREEBIE plate won't be part of the compensation? :p

Lucent
05-16-2014, 12:39 PM
I appreciate taking the time to fix this and not rushing it out.

I am not a fan of the idea that we are getting a tiny fraction of what we earned rewarded to us, but oh well.
100 Arkforge is ONLY doing the daily co-op maps. What about all the Arkforge from a WM, or better yet... one T4 style lock box? I probably have missed out on 250+ keys now that people are playing the WM constantly again. Oh well.

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 12:44 PM
OK! Meantime, anyone inviting me to warmaster will be shot on sight. OJ's are not what I need right now.

Etaew
05-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Yes we would like more information on how you work with multiple branches, because this wasn't the first time that a hotfix has has re-introduced other issues that were previously fixed and it won't be the last :)

I welcome more time in testing, so far the patches have had a feeling far from quality with notes removed from several of them. "this one didn't take", or "for realsies this time".

Market
05-16-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm with Etaew. I'm all for any information we can get. ;)

dramaQkarri
05-16-2014, 02:07 PM
bump. in case people are giving up....

Holy Bahamut3
05-16-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm with Etaew. I'm all for any information we can get. ;)

Same here even though I've all but given up at this point. At least I have fond memories of beating him and receiving legendaries shortly after the "DLC" released, you know before they broke it.

N3gativeCr33p
05-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Same here even though I've all but given up at this point. At least I have fond memories of beating him and receiving legendaries shortly after the "DLC" released, you know before they broke it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F9vRVyV914

Bonehead
05-16-2014, 04:08 PM
You mean June 9? Or may 9 next year?

Chump Norris
05-17-2014, 01:35 AM
"We're just as eager as you are to return your Defiance gameplay experience to normal and we know you've been very patient while we address these issues."

Which normal? The normal pre scaling Defiance I played for a year? Is it one of the normal broken scaling versions? What does normal even mean when it comes to Defiance?

You mean June 9? Or may 9 next year?

I hope he meant the 19th....Didnt we get that last huge bundle of forge on a Monday?

cmpowell
05-17-2014, 02:38 AM
while I appreciate the 100 arkforge and vet supply crate. It doesn't even make up for one day of my gameplay with no rewards. Hows about this for Everyday we've been on since the patch. then you'd almost get close.

also I don't think the legendary drops are dropping like they should. they seem fewer and farther between than before, but I may just be having a string of bad luck. I know incursions drops aren't right tho. 2 drops from incursions in my clan since dlc5 hit

mr8liner
05-17-2014, 09:34 AM
When Scapes said may 9th, that was when patch 1.509 was released and may 19th is when patch 1.510 will be out. Some of you guys just mis read it, or maybe I see it another way.

To the people who are saying 100 Af does not make up for all the times you went into the Warmaster, if you weren't getting your keys and Af why did you keep going in?? The second time I went in and did not recieve any, I stopped going in. If I went in after that, it was only for the hope of beating him and getting and oj.

I do agree though that the drop rates suck. I have gotten 1 orange from incursions since dlc 5 came out. The very first one I did I got an oj and nothing since. I had to of daon at least 150 incursions since then. It is really disapointing. Before dlc 5 oranges would drop at a fair rate maybe 1/10 or 1/15 better for other people, but 1/150+ is bs. This should be looked into very soon and fixed. The thing to do in this game are running out ( unless you like doing the same thing 100 times ) then you have plaenty to do. For those of us who been playing for 9 months or since release, we need more to keep us playing. Upping the rewards for the longer people play would be one way to start. Even giving us the rewards that we earn. I alway thought that was a given though.

I know people's time is running short with this game, due to other games coming out. My time is running short as well. Put more and "NEW" things to do and we most like would stay and play longer, but not with what we have/ getting now..

otonagamer
05-18-2014, 05:52 AM
How about freezing issue when you hit the inventory capacity limit by picking up loot?

cuba 666
05-18-2014, 06:02 AM
Still no getting keys and arkforges at Warmaster....even if I jump to another one do not happen...Scapes can you help on this.....

cmpowell
05-18-2014, 05:46 PM
keys and arkfroge are supposed to be fixed in tomorrows patch 1.510 i believe

dramaQkarri
05-19-2014, 07:10 AM
This here patch 1.510 still going to happen today?

N3gativeCr33p
05-19-2014, 08:08 AM
This here patch 1.510 still going to happen today?

From what I remember hearing during Friday's live stream, yes... it's happening today.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ed36a58b3eed452aab8e55fdee466563/tumblr_mgqgxlt9tJ1qdoj2ro1_500.gif

Yrkul
05-19-2014, 08:43 AM
While we were able to address scaling and scoreboard issues (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158858-Scaling-Scoreboards-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-Both) last week...
While you were able to fix the scoreboards popping up every 10 seconds, the scaling still needs some serious attention. While not as ridiculous as pre-1.509, scaling is still in the silly zone. Especially for low EGO players.

Our interim solution is a fix we've been calling "cash out" which guarantees reward delivery based on current score when players leave instances even if the instance is incomplete.
Will this apply to open world content as well? Conflict sites easily takes half an hour or more, and I have countless times had to do it again due to crashing close to finishing. Same goes for sieges and arkfalls. I've missed countless rewards as I re-log only to see the event finished.

We're just as eager as you are to return your Defiance gameplay experience to normal and we know you've been very patient while we address these issues.
Does this mean You're willing to scrap the scaling system if it is chronically detrimental to the playing experience? It is still causing issues more than a month after implementation. The forum is still full of gripe about scaling issues, even after this was "addressed".

dramaQkarri
05-19-2014, 09:04 AM
<snip> Does this mean You're willing to scrap the scaling system if it is chronically detrimental to the playing experience? It is still causing issues more than a month after implementation. The forum is still full of gripe about scaling issues, even after this was "addressed".

Yes, it's been a MONTH. That "influx" of new players is not going to stick around if scaling is not working properly. F2P on a game that's already only $6.99 isn't much of a price drop. And if a person invests $0 in something that took 2 hours to download and it's not fun, they'll be gone pretty quick.

Yrkul
05-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Yes, it's been a MONTH. That "influx" of new players is not going to stick around if scaling is not working properly. F2P on a game that's already only $6.99 isn't much of a price drop. And if a person invests $0 in something that took 2 hours to download and it's not fun, they'll be gone pretty quick.
From another thread.

Blizzard divulged, that most players that quit WoW do so before reaching level 20, which is why they, as well as other MMOs, make the first part of the levelling process as fluid and interesting as possible. As all who started a new character after patch 1.5 can testify, Defiance chose to do the exact opposite. In the end we'll probably see an influx of players, but we will will definitely see a lot of players leave as well, old and new.

dramaQkarri
05-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Patch Notes for 1.510 are UP!
I have to mention…rewards fix does not sound like it’s specific to the rewards we’ve not been receiving since 1.509 went live. The issues pointed out below in patch notes are not the issue we’ve been having. The missing rewards - keycodes and arkforge - are not related to disconnects! The "fix" they're talking about has nothing to do with it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159886-Patch-1.510-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes&p=1495595#post1495595

Patch 1.510 (hotfix) - Patch Notes

Release Date: 5/19/14 @ 3:00 PM PDT / 10:00 PM GMT

GENERAL FIXES
* BMGs no longer scale their damage in ridiculous ways for players with low EGO.
* Stim charges now drop from defeated enemies once more.
* During Rampages, such as Minigun Mayhem, players will no longer sometimes see their score multiplier drop after taking damage.
* When threat level changes, NPCs (including arkfall crystals) no longer refill their health and shields.

SCORES AND REWARDS
* Ark hunters now receive rewards based on their scores for all active events they've participated in when they transfer across internal game servers or disconnect. Transferring can be caused by using go to friend, entering/exiting instances, or entering Shadow War.
- This means that it's now safe to matchmake while participating in arkfalls, incursions, and conflict sites!
- Additionally, this will also prevent players from receiving no score rewards from co-op maps and arkbreaks.
* Experience received based on player score in an event now contributes to the correct Clan activity.

UI AND SETTINGS
* Fixed the scope mod slot always appearing empty in the loadout menu.

VENDORS
* Added a Weapon Kit and Full Synergy Mod Hoard to the Paradise faction vendor.

Bonehead
05-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Patch Notes for 1.510 are UP!
I have to mention…rewards fix does not sound like it’s specific to the rewards we’ve not been receiving since 1.509 went live. The issues pointed out below in patch notes are not the issue we’ve been having. The missing rewards - keycodes and arkforge - are not related to disconnects! The "fix" they're talking about has nothing to do with it.

Par for the course. We say one thing, they hear something else.

dramaQkarri
05-19-2014, 02:12 PM
In response to my comment “I have to mention…rewards fix does not sound like it’s specific to the rewards we’ve not been receiving since 1.509 went live”, here is what Scapes said on page 3 of my thread (the extra personal attention makes me a bit nervous, I must admit) –

“It does refer to the currencies that aren't being paid out from instances. Definitely let us know if you continue to experience otherwise after the patch.”

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159873-Groggy-team/page3