PDA

View Full Version : PvE Content?

Dukhat
05-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Howdy great peeps,

After waiting for quite some time I have (almost) decided to get the game.
(Wanted to wait because of the bad reviews initially, but most seem favourably now).

My question is though, if you please:
Is there a considerable amount of PvE content (or better yet, PvP restricted 'zones'?)
Never been a PvP kind of person & really enjoy PvE, so if this game is 50/50 PvP, then I might reconsider..

Anything else I should need to know before/if buying it?

Thanks in advance,
Dukhat

drackiller
05-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Howdy great peeps,

(Wanted to wait because of the bad reviews initially, but most seem favourably now).

Is there a considerable amount of PvE content (or better yet, PvP restricted 'zones'?)
Never been a PvP kind of person & really enjoy PvE, so if this game is 50/50 PvP, then I might reconsider..

Thanks in advance,
Dukhat
PVP is separated from the PVE. You only play PVP if you want.

Blondin
05-17-2014, 02:17 PM

F2P the 4th of june...

Littleweasel
05-17-2014, 04:11 PM
F2P the 4th of june...

june 15 for xbox 360 and PoS3

Aftershock
05-17-2014, 04:38 PM
actually it's July 15th for Xbox360 and PS3

Deirachel
05-17-2014, 08:33 PM
To clarify the previous answer. To play PvP you have to specifically que up in 99% of time (using either the quick menu or the main circle menu). The last bit is when a Shadow War comes up (the only large PvP which occurs in the main world). If you are in the area when it starts, you get an option to join it, or not. Duels (1v1 PVP) do occur in the main world, but you must enter the quick menu (at least) to start or accept a duel request.

There are a number of reasons you may want to purchase the game PRIOR the F2P conversion. At the US$5-10 price you can buy it at, you will get a number of "extras" which after F2P you will have to pay for. Based on the current and historical prices in the Bit Store ("microtransactions")*, you will likely pay MUCH more for the differences (a big one is the 50v75 keycode. You need 64 keys for the big lockbox and 75 key for an epic mod horde. This is kinda a big deal.)

*Example of current cost: a simple outfit which is purely cosmetic will run you from US$2.50 to US$12. 15 inventory slots are $5+

Manstan
05-17-2014, 08:35 PM
"After waiting for quite some time I have (almost) decided to get the game.
(Wanted to wait because of the bad reviews initially, but most seem favourably now)."

lies, I tell you, lies :D

jackdaws_1999
05-17-2014, 08:53 PM
This game is 90% pve in my opinion (I dont bother with pvp, I have battlefail for that). Content? not so much lol Seriously though, this game is Majorly awesome in co-op.. if alittle easy when there is a group of good players around. Great fun, and definately get it before it goes f2p...
what are you doing reading my post... Go buy it... Now....
you still here? damn, you need more convincing huh... smart... Boys, looks like we got ourselves a reader....

Atticus Batman
05-18-2014, 02:41 AM
This game is 90% pve in my opinion (I dont bother with pvp, I have battlefail for that). Content? not so much lol Seriously though, this game is Majorly awesome in co-op.. if alittle easy when there is a group of good players around. Great fun, and definately get it before it goes f2p...
what are you doing reading my post... Go buy it... Now....
you still here? damn, you need more convincing huh... smart... Boys, looks like we got ourselves a reader....

Jack, I think you forgot this!
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/7b/7babfa28475c41e24f6136ab8b963800142ec9f437f513fe0e 9d1e68c4f17a3a.jpg

jackdaws_1999
05-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Jack, I think you forgot this!
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/7b/7babfa28475c41e24f6136ab8b963800142ec9f437f513fe0e 9d1e68c4f17a3a.jpg

Thanks Batman, Im on 360, so cannot link unless I use that ill tempered resource known as My Own Memory... its a terrible resource, prone to faults, misfires, and the most annoying thing about it.... it keeps remembering crap songs... Why, I hated them then, I hate them even more with time...

I digress, Thanks boss, Much appreciated :)

Punkduck2064
05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
PvP isn't really defiance's strong suit, and like everyone else said, it's completely optional.

Edwin
05-18-2014, 09:17 PM
There are plenty of PvE to do in the start until you burn most of them out.

If you are looking for continuation of the Main Storyline then you will need to obtain Arkbreaker and Gunslinger Trials DLC which are both set after the events of the Main storyline.

If you're looking for a new Faction to have with Japanese style weapons then you will want the 7th Legion DLC.

If you're looking for a new playable race then you'll want a Castithan DLC.

If you want them all for a slightly lower prices then you'll want to get the Seasonal Pass.

Roez
05-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Howdy great peeps,

Thanks in advance,
Dukhat

I would buy it. What you get with purchase following the F2P launch is out is here: http://www.defiance.com/en/game/overview/free-to-play/ Just the extra 35 inventory alone will be worth it.

The PC version of the game is sold for less than $10.00 if you look hard enough. I think GreenManGaming has a sale for another 12 hours for 20% off, so that's like $8.00 (PC version).