PDA

View Full Version : Quick DLC question

Teardrops
05-19-2014, 09:37 AM
I did a search on here but couldnt find anything useful. I am on ly EGO 400 and want to buy one of the DLC and was wondering which one I should get for low lvl. It seems the the newest DLC the Arktech Revolution is aimed for high lvl players with the expert co op maps and legendary weapons that I wouldnt be able to use so I was just wondering if I can only buy one which one would be the best to buy for a low lvl player again thank you for your help and time.

dramaQkarri
05-19-2014, 09:40 AM
At $10 each, 5 DLC's are $50. Season Pass is $30. Sooooo, depending on your level of commitment, season pass might be the best idea. DLC 2 - Arbreaker is probably the best individual DLC though.

Teardrops
05-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Yes I know that the season pass is $30 but I wanted to wait a bit and see if steam or GMG has a sell before it goes F2p. But I still want some DLC while waiting as I am enjoying the game a lot. The Arkbreaker does look interesting can I still use it at low lvl? Also thank you for responding.

dramaQkarri
05-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes I know that the season pass is $30 but I wanted to wait a bit and see if steam or GMG has a sell before it goes F2p. But I still want some DLC while waiting as I am enjoying the game a lot. The Arkbreaker does look interesting can I still use it at low lvl? Also thank you for responding.

yes in fact if you do the storyline missions and get to where you can do Warmaster - Major Arkbreak - the event drops weapons that are only accessible to DLC owners. Quite tradeable if you get good ones even at low level cuz they are more rare.

Regarding Major Arkbreak - PLEASE note what other players are doing when you get inside - hang back, do not break locks. In fact many posts on forums have battle strategy and advice for that. Study up or everyone will yell at you!

melkathi
05-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Most DLC is not really worth it, as quite a few bitter Season Pass owners will be happy to point out to you. So before someone else says it: you may wish to keep your money for something else.

That said:

DLC#1 The Castithan Charge Pack:
It adds a number of Arenas, which were initially solo content. A tiny story arc has you collect a few datarecorders and play through the arena fights. Once you have completed the story, you can farm arenas for Thorn Liro reputation and buy stuff at their vendor.
It is the main way of getting a charge blade. These look cool and can be fun to play with, the game though has not been made for melee. Charge blades do not gain weapon XP.

DLC#2 Arkbreaker:
Adds another small story arc, far better designed than the castithan one, but again short. The bulk of the content is minor and major arkbreaks. To experience those you do not need the dlc though, as once an arkbreak has been called down, any nearby player can enter, though only dlc owners can use the rewards. At least though you will get a daily reward box to keep you supplied with arkspikes.

DLC #3 7th Legion:
Added the incursions (big yellow circles on the map?). Like arkbreaks these can be experienced by anyone. DLC owners recieve no additional content whatsoever. They do get access to the 7th Legion vendor, for which they can slowly farm reputation.

DLC #4 Gunslinger Trials:
Is the story rich DLC. Though rich only in comparison to previous DLCs. It adds a number of reused maps as co-op arenas. These were mostly designed for team play and attempting them solo can range from challenging to frustrating.

DLC #5 Arktech Revolution:
Adds the expert versions of co-op maps. Have nothing to say about them as I haven't tried a single one yet.

N3gativeCr33p
05-19-2014, 09:57 AM
DLC 2 - Arbreaker is probably the best individual DLC though.

Fixed that for ya. :)

dramaQkarri
05-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Fixed that for ya. :)

ARGH! Well the important thing is to remember the name - so ARKBREAKER!

Teardrops
05-19-2014, 10:03 AM
ok cool thanks so it look like either the cathi or arkbreaker is the way to go then.

melkathi
05-19-2014, 10:13 AM
If you are going to get two, you may as well get the season pass, so the others don't cost more in the long run.
But yeah, those are the better two.

Deunan
05-19-2014, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't recommend Arkbreaker until you try the content. Do a few dozen minor and major arkbreaks and form your own opinion but you may not like what you find. You can use any Arkbreaker weapons you get after you purchase the DLC and if you don't you can still sell, salvage or trade them. It also gives the least amount of pursuits to increase your EGO rating out of al all the DLC's

melkathi
05-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Generally trying before buying is advisable.
So if you can find someone to run you through an Arena as well, that would be good too.

Atticus Batman
05-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Most DLC is not really worth it, as quite a few bitter Season Pass owners will be happy to point out to you. So before someone else says it: you may wish to keep your money for something else.

That said:

DLC#1 The Castithan Charge Pack:
It adds a number of Arenas, which were initially solo content. A tiny story arc has you collect a few datarecorders and play through the arena fights. <snip> you can farm arenas for Thorn Liro reputation and buy stuff at their vendor even without owning Dlc 1,thanks to bugged coding that allows EVERYONE in the thorne liro arenas to earn the rep..
It is the main way of getting a charge blade. These look cool and can be fun to play with, the game though has not been made for melee. Charge blades do not gain weapon XP.

Ok Melkathi, I fixed it for you in blue. CHeck out this thread that the mods are hiding in Xbox bug reports even though I have been told all 3 systems have this issue. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157370-Thorne-Liro-Rep

cmpowell
05-19-2014, 03:29 PM
If your interested in casti then i'd recommend gunslinger over it, same concept better weapons, but overall I'd recommend Arkbreaker too. may not be the best story line, but with the patch today definitely the best rewards.