PDA

View Full Version : Defiance and Xbox Live

ThaddyMak
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
I am curious to know how Defiance will work over Xbox live and what features will be available like Xbox party chat. I have not found any info on this so was hoping someone had answers our could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

ThaddyMak
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm guessing there is still no official word on this.

firemonkey
02-20-2013, 03:26 PM
i think they said you can use party chat in one of there live streams

IGears
02-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm guessing there is still no official word on this.

the video they just posted talked about it briefly.

Rokkrwolf
02-20-2013, 03:34 PM
From watching the recent video on IGN, we will have several options. In the overworld there will be pretty much zero voice chat. Voice chat from what I understand in the video is this

"Is voice chat proximity based? Not exactly, in the over world you won't just hear random people talking which is a good thing. But essentially clan/groups will have voice and you will have a mute feature which will block not only the voice but the text based chat as well for that player."

So we can voice chat in groups freely, so if you are grouped its fine, coop missions should work fine as well.

Additionally if you have clan you will have voice chat as well

"What functions do clans have and what is the max players allowed in a clan? You will be able to monitor when clanmates are on, make a clan channel to communicate through voice or chat. As far as max players it is still TBD, but at least 50."

PVP works the same way as well but not 100% sure I can answer any details to it fully due to NDA.

As far as xbox live parties go, I'm sure they will work as intended. So you will most likely get to use them freely as well. In the video there was a "Invite XBL Party" button if you didn't notice for easy grouping.

Hope this answers most of your question.

Archangel
02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
I am curious to know how Defiance will work over Xbox live and what features will be available like Xbox party chat. I have not found any info on this so was hoping someone had answers our could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2405-IGN-Defiance-Walkthrough

Here is a link to the IGN video which shows over 70 minutes of game play on the xbox.

ThaddyMak
02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.