PDA

View Full Version : Where is our veteran lockbox that was promise to us on the live stream

x Eternal Oddyssey x
05-19-2014, 06:18 PM
those who have been doing the warmaster and not getting our rewards were promised veteran lockboxe'S today with the release of season 2 and hotfix got everything but the thing we were promised?

Amack
05-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Scapes said tomorrow.

tandrisa
05-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Scapes said tomorrow.
so does that mean all of us or just a select few higher levels ive made multiple reports about no rewards each time. not griping just curious

Scapes
05-19-2014, 07:04 PM
so does that mean all of us or just a select few higher levels ive made multiple reports about no rewards each time. not griping just curious

The grant is for all players who logged in at least once since the May 9 patch. Will be issued tomorrow.

Lillith Valerian
05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
This is teh total outrages trion owes us everytihng and shoild give us all free monies real and scriptz and also come clean up my bedroom and wash my mom's car so iu dont have to do it and aslo add flying rocket cars and dinosaor pets or ill kill trionz family anbd then sue them foir free speech violations the devs are wors than hitler!!!11!!

Amack
05-19-2014, 07:16 PM
I couldn't have said it any better Lillith.

tandrisa
05-19-2014, 07:18 PM
The grant is for all players who logged in at least once since the May 9 patch. Will be issued tomorrow.
thanks scapes I was just curious and I appreciate the quick response,and its responses that quick that keep me hoping for the future.

Noble_One
05-19-2014, 07:24 PM
This is teh total outrages trion owes us everytihng and shoild give us all free monies real and scriptz and also come clean up my bedroom and wash my mom's car so iu dont have to do it and aslo add flying rocket cars and dinosaor pets or ill kill trionz family anbd then sue them foir free speech violations the devs are wors than hitler!!!11!!

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Tommy_d26a51_418249.jpg

lol..... i laughed +1

tandrisa
05-19-2014, 07:25 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Tommy_d26a51_418249.jpg

lol..... i laughed +1

lol +2 nuff said

AlexzanderThor
05-19-2014, 08:01 PM

Will it be in my claims in July, I sold my copy of Defiance yesterday. But I logged in everyday before that.

Also, will I keep all of my stuff when the game goes F2P, I used that link code that came with my game in April.

3rdpig
05-19-2014, 08:42 PM

I would be so behind you on this except for one detail. You forgot floggings. I demand public floggings.

Bonehead
05-19-2014, 11:45 PM

Can we light 'em on fire? I wanna light 'em on fire.

Quebra Regra
05-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Robin says, "MAKE THEM FLY MOMMY"!!!!
http://www.champslog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_llns0yWhWL1qij9od.jpg

seriously, it's nice that TRION has provided the occasional mea-culpa reward.

x Eternal Oddyssey x
05-20-2014, 10:49 AM

Okay its tomorrow any i see nothing

Noble_One
05-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Okay its tomorrow any i see nothing

glad im not the only one

K Ron Spliffs
05-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Wait till the Dailies reset. That is when I would be expecting them today.

Lenny732
05-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Any news on this? I haven't seen said item in said claims section.

Amack
05-20-2014, 01:18 PM
My best guess is that they are trying to verify that the problems are actually fixed before they give out any compensation in order to avoid having to compensate again.

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 02:15 PM
My best guess is that they are trying to verify that the problems are actually fixed before they give out any compensation in order to avoid having to compensate again.

Guess what - the problems ARE NOT FIXED but we deserve much more compensation than this box anyway.

We also deserve to have open world scaling TURNED OFF. It's a mess, it's been a mess, and it continues to be a mess. It will always be a mess cuz it's far too ambitious for the dev's abilities and the servers. Yet, they stubbornly leave it on. To grief us? To say a thing that isn't so is actually so is denial. And it doesn't make a thing true to just keep saying it.

Join me in the game, Trick. Check out the flame wars going on already. You've made the player base hate each other due to your ideas for a month and it's not okay. And it's not friggin workin so FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WAKE UP AND TURN THAT SHTAKO OFF!

Lenny732
05-20-2014, 02:15 PM
bump for interest

Amack
05-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Guess what - the problems ARE NOT FIXED but we deserve much more compensation than this box anyway.

We also deserve to have open world scaling TURNED OFF. It's a mess, it's been a mess, and it continues to be a mess. It will always be a mess cuz it's far too ambitious for the dev's abilities and the servers. Yet, they stubbornly leave it on. To grief us? To say a thing that isn't so is actually so is denial. And it doesn't make a thing true to just keep saying it.

Join me in the game, Trick. Check out the flame wars going on already. You've made the player base hate each other due to your ideas for a month and it's not okay. And it's not friggin workin so FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WAKE UP AND TURN THAT SHTAKO OFF!

Bad management will never be fixed by posting on forums.

DRHONEY
05-20-2014, 02:20 PM

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/hiddenchaos3/giphy2_zps7193e3ba.gif (http://s976.photobucket.com/user/hiddenchaos3/media/giphy2_zps7193e3ba.gif.html)

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Bad management will never be fixed by posting on forums.

No, bad management eventually caves in on itself. So what should I do, just shut up and go away? They are not getting the message anyway so as players leave, there will be the evidence.

All I see in game is a rage fest, noob vs. vet and it's stupid and no longer fun. Seriously.

3rdpig
05-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Yet, they stubbornly leave it on. To grief us?

No to grief us my dear, but to make money. The 1.50 patch is about pushing F2P Whales into the bit store. They tossed us a couple of bones with the crit hits and the ego gate on expert co-ops, but I expect that's all they'll do. It would be nice if they'd turn double spawning off, or prevent TL 10 from tripping with less than 10 players present, but they're not going to stop open world scaling.

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 02:31 PM

I wonder what we'll get for the May 19th patch? Cuz it's BORKED TOO.

Amack
05-20-2014, 02:38 PM
So what should I do, just shut up and go away?

Think outside the box, and when I say box I mean your computer.

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 02:38 PM
No to grief us my dear, but to make money. The 1.50 patch is about pushing F2P Whales into the bit store. They tossed us a couple of bones with the crit hits and the ego gate on expert co-ops, but I expect that's all they'll do. It would be nice if they'd turn double spawning off, or prevent TL 10 from tripping with less than 10 players present, but they're not going to stop open world scaling.

Ok someone please explain to me how $1,000 in bits will buy the needed items in the store that will get a person up to EGO 5K quickly. And if so, how quickly do you really think a brand-new player can level up to 5K EGO? And my other issue is, once a noob starts playing and the TL level kicks their *****, why would they hang around and spend any money on a game that is not...fun. Dying repeatedly is not fun.

So someone please tell me how the open world TL has anything to do with a cash grab. I fail to see how open world TL would motivate micro (or macro) transactions. Have you SEEN what's in the store? They're not selling ego levels in there.

K Ron Spliffs
05-20-2014, 02:43 PM
I wonder what we'll get for the May 19th patch? Cuz it's BORKED TOO.

My 100 forge and Vet box where there when I logged in just now. Had my friend log out and back in and it was there for her too.

PhantasieTrion
05-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Any news on this? I haven't seen said item in said claims section.

Hi Lenny

The grant was started at 2PM PST, and finished just now for all platforms.

If you were online during this time, you will need to log out and back in. (This type of grant does not require server downtime or a reset, though).

You should see 3 items in your claim section: Two 50 counts of Arkforge and the Lock Box.

Enjoy!

Amack
05-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Ok someone please explain to me how $1,000 in bits will buy the needed items in the store that will get a person up to EGO 5K quickly. And if so, how quickly do you really think a brand-new player can level up to 5K EGO? And my other issue is, once a noob starts playing and the TL level kicks their *****, why would they hang around and spend any money on a game that is not...fun. Dying repeatedly is not fun.

So someone please tell me how the open world TL has anything to do with a cash grab. I fail to see how open world TL would motivate micro (or macro) transactions. Have you SEEN what's in the store? They're not selling ego levels in there.

It is not so much a cash grab. They had to cut corners on development because they are so understaffed among other things. For example, I've been told that during Alpha testing Fort Defiance was more or less a huge Volge Siege. They removed that and redesigned it in order to re-release it later as the current Volge Sieges. They did the same thing with the scaling system, and quite a few other things. If they were to "turn it off" then all those man hours of redesigning and tweaking would be completely wasted, and they cannot let that happen. People have been asking about Hellbug sieges. Those were also in the game during it's early phases and will be re-released.

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Think outside the box, and when I say box I mean your computer.

back at ya. I don't even understand what your problem is with me....honestly, what?

Amack
05-20-2014, 02:53 PM
back at ya. I don't even understand what your problem is with me....honestly, what?

There is no problem at all. You just misunderstood me.

Let's say you go out to dinner and you find a fingernail in your food, what do you do?

Quebra Regra
05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi Lenny

If you were online during this time, you will need to log out and back in. (This type of grant does not require server downtime or a reset, though).

You should see 3 items in your claim section: Two 50 counts of Arkforge and the Lock Box.

Enjoy!

Thank you gentle sentient. :)

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 02:57 PM
There is no problem at all. You just misunderstood me.

Let's say you go out to dinner and you find a fingernail in your food, what do you do?

stab the waiter in the neck with it. cause a scene. puke. stand out front and spew rhetoric about what a horrible restaurant it is.

KIDDING.

So...just to point out, open world scaling is not a fingernail in my food. More like substituting my entire meal for something inedible.

If you're saying "subtle approach" I guess...point being bad management WILL eventually hang itself and it might take a long time and I don't HAVE THAT KIND OF TIME.

3rdpig
05-20-2014, 03:06 PM

Honestly, you'd have to watch Whales in other games to understand. They tend to be very successful in one field of endeavor and they've got a lot of disposable income and don't like wasting time grinding and learning. As soon as they start getting their butt kicked their first idea is to spend money in a cash shop to "improve their game and get a fast start". I personally know people to spend around $500 a month on social media games, including phone games. They short circuit the learning process, the grind and get right to end game content. And often times after a few weeks they've seen everything the game has to offer, will get pissed off, go to the message boards, thump their chests and quit. I can't tell you how many times I've seen exactly that. The last time was only a few hours ago on a message board for Heroes of Dragon Age, a phone/tablet game I've been playing since last December. With enough money you can get in a few days to where it took me months to get with grinding and $50-$75.

And don't think for a minute that we've seen everything that Trion intends to add to the bit store. While Defiance may never really become P2W, it will certainly offer those with money ways to get to end game content far faster than grinding.

And you want to know something? It works. You don't have to look far to see that.

Lenny732
05-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Hi Lenny

Enjoy!

Thanks for the update I appreciate it and will inform my clan mates! cheers!

konstantinov
05-20-2014, 03:07 PM
stab the waiter in the neck with it. cause a scene. puke. stand out front and spew rhetoric about what a horrible restaurant it is.

KIDDING.

So...just to point out, open world scaling is not a fingernail in my food. More like substituting my entire meal for something inedible.

If you're saying "subtle approach" I guess...point being bad management WILL eventually hang itself and it might take a long time and I don't HAVE THAT KIND OF TIME.

More like ordering a vegan meal and getting a steak

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Honestly, you'd have to watch Whales in other games to understand. They tend to be very successful in one field of endeavor and they've got a lot of disposable income and don't like wasting time grinding and learning. As soon as they start getting their butt kicked their first idea is to spend money in a cash shop to "improve their game and get a fast start". I personally know people to spend around $500 a month on social media games, including phone games. They short circuit the learning process, the grind and get right to end game content. And often times after a few weeks they've seen everything the game has to offer, will get pissed off, go to the message boards, thump their chests and quit. I can't tell you how many times I've seen exactly that. The last time was only a few hours ago on a message board for Heroes of Dragon Age, a phone/tablet game I've been playing since last December. With enough money you can get in a few days to where it took me months to get with grinding and $50-$75.

And don't think for a minute that we've seen everything that Trion intends to add to the bit store. While Defiance may never really become P2W, it will certainly offer those with money ways to get to end game content far faster than grinding.

And you want to know something? It works. You don't have to look far to see that.

I've heard of developers releasing flawed content on purpose to motivate in game purchases. But I don't think The Company is realizing scaling will cause even the most over-funded whale to rage quit a lot sooner than average. I smell a big old backfire. Unless they start selling 100 ego levels in the store for some outrageous price!

Copperpot
05-20-2014, 03:40 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've seen exactly that. The last time was only a few hours ago on a message board for Heroes of Dragon Age, a phone/tablet game I've been playing since last December. With enough money you can get in a few days to where it took me months to get with grinding and $50-$75.

I play HODA too, lol. Since December and I just got my first legendary. Crazy to think of the money some people have spent on that game. And it's not even a good game, addictive yes, but nothing but collecting really. Crazy.

Cocatox
05-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi Lenny

Enjoy!

no nothing in claim section after logout and login nothing....

duction
05-20-2014, 03:58 PM
thansk for the synergy box, i got a beast AR with assassin :)

ark forge will come in handy also,

Roez
05-20-2014, 04:05 PM
I personally know people to spend around $500 a month on social media games, including phone games.

This comes up all the time. It's why goldfarming sites are successful, and why botting is so popular. There are tons of people who will pay good money to save time, get an advantage, enjoy what they see as the full game, whatever. It's pervasive, and not a secret by any stretch (Business papers such as Forbes have run articles in print discussing this multi-billion dollar industry).

Heck, in my WoT clan there was more than one person spending nearly $1,000 a month on expendables alone.

There might only be less than 10% of a gaming community who blow lots of cash, but out of tens of thousands of players, that money can add up quickly.

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 07:24 AM
It is not so much a cash grab. They had to cut corners on development because they are so understaffed among other things. For example, I've been told that during Alpha testing Fort Defiance was more or less a huge Volge Siege. They removed that and redesigned it in order to re-release it later as the current Volge Sieges. They did the same thing with the scaling system, and quite a few other things. If they were to "turn it off" then all those man hours of redesigning and tweaking would be completely wasted, and they cannot let that happen. People have been asking about Hellbug sieges. Those were also in the game during it's early phases and will be re-released.

Ah, somehow I didn't see this post yesterday while on this thread - was getting ready to head out at the time. No WONDER I misunderstood you!!

Anyway, that's my feeling too, it's more of a tragic series of mistakes and they're sticking to scaling for their own (IMHO entirely misguided) reasons. As opposed to deliberately flawed content.

As far as wasting man hours - too late. Seems to me the original hours were the ones that were wasted and management "let it happen". To make the game playable again they better fix it soon or the whales will not come for SURE. I know how it is to throw good money after bad and sometimes in hindsight, losses should've been cut much sooner.

On another note, I'd like the whales to show up and give 'em an influx of cash. Maybe we'd see some improvements. OK probably not but it might happen.

Pandur
05-21-2014, 07:33 AM
On another note, I'd like the whales to show up and give 'em an influx of cash. Maybe we'd see some improvements. OK probably not but it might happen.

Eh from my experience, the games which rely heavily on whales tend to mostly improve the in game store, and if anything add more grind to the actual game.

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Eh from my experience, the games which rely heavily on whales tend to mostly improve the in game store, and if anything add more grind to the actual game.

That sounds about right!

Mia Faith
05-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I saw a box box last night but I did not open it yet. I thought I would still need keys and money. I guess I will open it. What is inside?

Jaydogg
05-21-2014, 02:26 PM
I saw a box box last night but I did not open it yet. I thought I would still need keys and money. I guess I will open it. What is inside?

ark salvage...jk four weapons and an outfit if youre lucky

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 02:27 PM

4 guns - it's the same as the Epic Veteran lockbox in the bit store if you want to read the description for that. They will be at your current ego level whenever you open it.

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 02:38 PM
ark salvage...jk four weapons and an outfit if youre lucky

I'd be VERY interested in how many in the community received an outfit.

blues and 1 purp for me :(

TheOz
05-21-2014, 02:59 PM

I got 4 weps and a purple grenade - then I sold them all.

N3gativeCr33p
05-21-2014, 03:43 PM

I got better drops from the Veteran lockbox than I did the Powertech lockbox that I won during last Friday's stream, that's for sure. Managed to have a Castithan headpiece and a usable grape or two drop from the Veteran box, and only one usable grape from the Powertech box dropped.

I'll have to post a picture of the headpiece that I got because it looks like a re-skinned headpiece that I started the game off with, and it also looks different than the pic that's posted on Defiance Data. Hmmmm, I'm almost 100% positive that it was called Castithan Survivalist. I would make sure but I'm still at work and away from my 360.

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/1330.jpg

Mia Faith
05-21-2014, 03:56 PM
my level is only around 1070 so I should wait and open it later?

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 04:03 PM
I got better drops from the Veteran lockbox than I did the Powertech lockbox that I won during last Friday's stream, that's for sure. Managed to have a Castithan headpiece and a usable grape or two drop from the Veteran box, and only one usable grape from the Powertech box dropped.

I'll have to post a picture of the headpiece that I got because it looks like a re-skinned headpiece that I started the game off with, and it also looks different than the pic that's posted on Defiance Data. Hmmmm, I'm almost 100% positive that it was called Castithan Survivalist. I would make sure but I'm still at work and away from my 360.

Yup it's a re-skin... still whoops what I got.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_2cDSoRMsVw/To_ObIUJRUI/AAAAAAAAC_0/C5jx-Uf0FPQ/s1600/halloween+I+got+a+rock.jpg

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 04:04 PM

CORRECTION from DEV PhantasieTrion:

"Hi Quebra Regra and Mia

I wanted to clarify Quebra's post since it implies lockboxes will be "claimed" or automatically salvaged come F2P.

They will not.

Only weapons, grenades, mods, spikes and stims that are in your claim section will be auto-salvaged after F2P (and only after 7 days of warnings to claim them)."

Thanks

TheOz
05-21-2014, 04:11 PM

No reason to wait. You could get a rare outfit or an awesome weapon.

If you were close to max level, THAT would be a possible reason to wait.

PhantasieTrion
05-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Mia Faith View Post

You can hold off a little while, but at F2P in JUNE yer claim items will be "claimed" :(

Hi Quebra Regra and Mia

I wanted to clarify Quebra's post since it implies lockboxes will be "claimed" or automatically salvaged come F2P.

They will not.

Only weapons, grenades, shields, mods, spikes and stims that are in your claim section will be auto-salvaged after F2P (and only after 7 days of warnings to claim them).

Thanks

**Edit: Somehow I forgot shields in the original list. Sorry for the confusion **

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi Quebra Regra and Mia

They will not.

Only weapons, grenades, mods, spikes and stims that are in your claim section will be auto-salvaged after F2P (and only after 7 days of warnings to claim them).

Thanks

That's good news, so lock boxes can cook eternally in claims?

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the correction. Since you are a veritable font of reliable info, what will happen to items to claims like customization redo?

Thank you kind sentient.

BTW, ever consider going back to grenades on cool down timers versus charge system (spikes and stims too) as a means of reducing server loads?

One more edit.. Can you increase the possibility of getting an outfit in the new lockboxes (vet, etc.)? I'd be more inclined to gamble with cash for a greater chance at an outfit. As it stands it seems the rarest of the rare. :(

ConcreteSnake
05-21-2014, 05:26 PM
i opened mine and got junk no nano blues. Story of my Defiance life.

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 05:32 PM

waitaminute!!!!! I thought the hoods were from the SURVIVALIST boxen? Can we get the official list of potential contents from the various boxes?

tandrisa
05-21-2014, 05:46 PM
i opened mine and got junk no nano blues. Story of my Defiance life.

got a purple 2 blues and an oj infector

shawneP33
05-21-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm sure I was online may 9th and after and did not get a box. I'm on ps3 na

mkirshnikov
05-21-2014, 06:23 PM
do you get multiple veteran lockboxes? i really want the outfit and headpiece but i wont get it if i dont get multiple tries

PhantasieTrion
05-21-2014, 10:27 PM
That's good news, so lock boxes can cook eternally in claims?
Since you are a veritable font of reliable info, what will happen to items to claims like customization redo?

The specific items I mentioned will auto-salvage after 7 days.
All other items in claims (customization redo, titles, lockboxes, etc) will behave just as they do now.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the correction.

I noticed you updated/edited your original post as well. Thank you.

BTW, ever consider going back to grenades on cool down timers versus charge system (spikes and stims too) as a means of reducing server loads?

Sorry - likely not the answer you want to hear - but no plans for this.

Offhand, I'm not aware of any correlation between the charge system and increased server loads.
What makes you think there is?
Regardless, I'll check some of the profiling reports when I get in the office tomorrow.

One more edit.. Can you increase the possibility of getting an outfit in the new lockboxes (vet, etc.)? I'd be more inclined to gamble with cash for a greater chance at an outfit. As it stands it seems the rarest of the rare. :(

I don't handle the probability side of this, but Ill mention it to the dev who does.

PhantasieTrion
05-21-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm sure I was online may 9th and after and did not get a box. I'm on ps3 na

Hi Shawne

Either PM me your PSN ID and Character Name, or hit up CS and they can look into it. We have full login/logout times for all accounts, so generating the list of affected players was a pretty straightforward/accurate DB query - That said, I don't mind double checking.

drackiller
05-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Ty i got mine , thow it was utter junk, but never the less it`s RNG and i can`t complain about that.
And also ty for the 2 50 Arkforge cashs. :)

RazielWolf
05-22-2014, 01:07 AM
opened my vet box yesterday and am now the proud owner of 4 completely identical blue vbi smgs - lol. Got an extra 20 arkforge so cant complain I guess

Kibblehouse
05-22-2014, 06:57 AM
I got 3 blue Mazu Blast Rifles (not identical) and a blue infector. WooHoo.

Finaly equiped a Mazu to give it a try, hated it.

But it was a nice gesture, and the scrap will be used at least.

Quebra Regra
05-22-2014, 09:36 AM
The specific items I mentioned will auto-salvage after 7 days.
All other items in claims (customization redo, titles, lockboxes, etc) will behave just as they do now.

I noticed you updated/edited your original post as well. Thank you.

Sorry - likely not the answer you want to hear - but no plans for this.

Offhand, I'm not aware of any correlation between the charge system and increased server loads.
What makes you think there is?
Regardless, I'll check some of the profiling reports when I get in the office tomorrow.

I don't handle the probability side of this, but Ill mention it to the dev who does.

Thanks for the enlightenment, it's much appreciated.

I shall endevour not to be a font of disinformation, and to that end didn't want a clearly erroneous post hanging out there in my previous post. There is enuff hearsay and fires with out adding fuel to the pyre.

On grenade/stims on a timer versus charge system... I have done some coding in my time, and a considerable amount of enterprise level software and server troubelshoting. Perhaps I'm completely ignorant of how the game code is written, or how it impacts the server (resources), but it would seem logical that generating, tracking, and rendering "charges" would contribute to greater load versus say a simple chron function as originally implemented for these items?

You're likely very busy I understand, but an education about some of the technical points would be much appreciated by many. Consider a weekly "inside the game" article, in which a Dev could explain in detail an example of one of the less understood game mechanics in terms of how it actually functions/is coded.

I'd actually be all for having claims open my boxes and award the content to the character I have logged in with once those boxes have exceeded 7 days.

Thanks again for taking the time to clarify some of these questions.

Overtkill21
05-22-2014, 09:58 AM
This Veteran Lockbox provided me with 4000 Ark Salvage for the 4 blues and 1 purple Frag I got out of it.

There are people out there that bought these "special" boxes with real money?????

Were immediate buyer's remorse & resentment toward Trion the intended outcomes to this Bit Store addition?

EppiC
05-22-2014, 10:11 AM
I had mine a few days ago and go a legendary fomr it :D

Bleuford
05-22-2014, 10:18 AM
This Veteran Lockbox provided me with 4000 Ark Salvage for the 4 blues and 1 purple Frag I got out of it.

There are people out there that bought these "special" boxes with real money?????

Were immediate buyer's remorse & resentment toward Trion the intended outcomes to this Bit Store addition?

Ha! Yeah, I paid real money for a couple of the special lockboxes a few months back and got nothing bug garbage from them My first thought was "Thank you for stealing my money *******'s!" I'll happily accept and open any free lockboxes I am given as apology gifts, but NEVER will I waste real money on them again.

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-22-2014, 10:32 AM
What do the say ... It's the thought that counts ... Personally I hate that saying !! We lost hundreds in keys & ark forge & we get 50 ark forge & a box that gave most people 4 blues & not an outfit or helmet , that's a very small chance like a 1/2 % for an outfit from any of those boxes I've actually bought 7 from the store & got 1 helmet & 1 oj grenade launcher waste of bits & money !!!

Quebra Regra
05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
What do the say ... It's the thought that counts ... Personally I hate that saying !! We lost hundreds in keys & ark forge & we get 50 ark forge & a box that gave most people 4 blues & not an outfit or helmet , that's a very small chance like a 1/2 % for an outfit from any of those boxes I've actually bought 7 from the store & got 1 helmet & 1 oj grenade launcher waste of bits & money !!!

Yes, it was poor compensation for what was (is still is being) lost (read: cash out bugs). That said, I purchased a BIOHAZARD box once and got an OJ, but no outfit. I could care less about the OJ, but the miniscule chance for an outfit has made any further purchase of these boxen VERBOTEN for me.

I'd like to see TRION wake up and sell 2x as many by making the contents more of a value. What with the ability to improve an item to legendary, who cares if a cash box gives you an OJ? So who is the DEV minister of probability I see mentioned?!? Someone needs to "council this individual(s). I can't trade ARKFORGE for an outfit. :(

BTW, the possible contents of each of these boxes should be posted immediately. Caveat emptor!

Mia Faith
05-22-2014, 02:20 PM
I got crap on the pc. No outfit. I will try the ps3.

N3gativeCr33p
05-23-2014, 05:26 AM
Hmmmm, I'm almost 100% positive that it was called Castithan Survivalist. I would make sure but I'm still at work and away from my 360.

My mistake, the headpiece that dropped for me is actually called 'Castithan Veteran'.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/CVeteran_zpsfb889fc2.jpg

And it looks like this... an otherwise re-skinned 'Infantry Veteran' headpiece. ;)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/CVeteran2_zpse3441afc.jpg

Pandur
05-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the arkforge and the veterans lockbox it's appreciated.

There's a but of course, i only received 4 Weapons from the lockbox, i was under the impressions those store bought boxes included a guaranteed cosmetic item(I know, I know I'm delusional).

Anyways i feel like in Korea again, do people in the west really pay money for a box with a random outfit that isn't even guaranteed to drop at all?

ColapsN7
05-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the arkforge and the veterans lockbox it's appreciated.

There's a but of course, i only received 4 Weapons from the lockbox, i was under the impressions those store bought boxes included a guaranteed cosmetic item(I know, I know I'm delusional).

Anyways i feel like in Korea again, do people in the west really pay money for a box with a random outfit that isn't even guaranteed to drop at all?

Я тоже получил veterans lockbox но с 4 оружием ( для меня мусар оружием *resource + ) из сейфа *cosmetic item none ! * может Raundom Drop .

lockbox veterans СПАСИБО ЗА ПОДАРОК *THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT .

Castithan Veteran item none ! *PC ! *Fix ??? .

З.Ы *P.S TRION Всегда неговорит Правду * о наградах !

drackiller
05-23-2014, 07:22 AM
Я тоже получил veterans lockbox но с 4 оружием ( для меня мусар оружием *resource + ) из сейфа *cosmetic item none ! * может Raundom Drop .

lockbox veterans СПАСИБО ЗА ПОДАРОК *THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT .

Castithan Veteran item none ! *PC ! *Fix ??? .

З.Ы *P.S TRION Всегда неговорит Правду * о наградах !

Always a pleasure to read your posts...

... :rolleyes:

Wander
05-23-2014, 07:31 AM

Im afraid so. Its why Trion thinks they can get away with these pathetic excuses as actual content worth more than the cost of the game. Blows my mind actually lol.

Mia Faith
05-23-2014, 03:37 PM
i tried 4 times to get a cowboy outfit after getting 100 points 4 times. always get crap :(

PhantasieTrion
05-24-2014, 10:23 PM
You're likely very busy I understand, but an education about some of the technical points would be much appreciated by many. Consider a weekly "inside the game" article, in which a Dev could explain in detail an example of one of the less understood game mechanics in terms of how it actually functions/is coded.

Sure, I'll try and chime in and explain the technical/code side of things.

Your theory for slow down is certainly valid (and you obviously have programming knowledge), though in this case I don't see any indication that it would be that.