PDA

View Full Version : Cradle to Grave Crossover Missions Now Available

Scapes
05-19-2014, 06:40 PM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DEF_CIN_CradleToGrave_TopNotch_02_560x350.jpg (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/05/19/cradle-to-grave-crossover-missions-now-available/)

Eren needs your help, ark hunters! The first Earthling-Votan hybrid on record, colloquially known as the hope of Tranquility, is dying in her emergency facility. She needs you to track down the half-human and half-Irathient crossbreed's medical history, STAT!

Read the full article on the website. (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/05/19/cradle-to-grave-crossover-missions-now-available/)

Lillith Valerian
05-19-2014, 07:42 PM
I will pay you $10 for Rosa's outfit. Please put it in the store.

B_Draco
05-19-2014, 08:01 PM
I will pay you $10 for Rosa's outfit. Please put it in the store.

I'd rather pay $10 for Youwell's(or whatever the Idogene Doc's name is in the Defiance series) black outfit and goggles.

Manstan
05-19-2014, 08:09 PM
I'd rather pay $10 for Youwell's(or whatever the Idogene Doc's name is in the Defiance series) black outfit and goggles.

Oh if it's in the show you probably wont see it in game.

B_Draco
05-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Oh if it's in the show you probably wont see it in game.

I know lol, but just saying I'd pay for that outfit... And the original Dark Matter 'Monitor' outfit, not these shtako experienced to formidable monitor outfits. They still look cool, but I like the original outfits.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-19-2014, 08:26 PM
why was this posted 6 hours after the missions went live?

InfamousBrad
05-19-2014, 09:10 PM
1. I see that you didn't bring back the same actress to voice Eren Niden, nor the same writer. She sounds way too young, and way too human. What, is the excuse going to be that she had her translation chip worked on?

2. In the Personal Intel after the first mission, "you're" should be "your."

3. The second half of the first mission is set at the Dark Matter Disguise. Which is still bugged and can't be completed, and yes, the two of us did scour the base for quite a few minutes, there weren't any enemies left. And since the conflict site never completes, there goes the "you will receive rewards for partial progress" promise and my 69k score.

That took long enough, and was annoying enough, that I'll come back for missions 2 and 3 later. This is still not fun. It's a chore that I grudgingly put up with in order to keep up with the show.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-19-2014, 09:37 PM
That took long enough, and was annoying enough, that I'll come back for missions 2 and 3 later. This is still not fun. It's a chore that I grudgingly put up with in order to keep up with the show.

why did you do the whole dark matter disguise conflict? i posted earlier that all 3 new missions could be completed in 26 minutes. this isnt a chore, its a speed run, lol

InfamousBrad
05-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Well, I should also point out:

There were two of us. I appear to have been the higher level, since we were at my threat level, 7. Here's what activating that computer spawned:
In front of us, 2 Bulwarks, 2 Monitors, 4 Snipers, and 8 Enforcers.
Behind us, 2 Monitors and at least 4 Enforcers.
Off to our right side, 2 Monitors and at least 4 Enforcers.All at once. Circling us, guaranteeing that there was no cover we could use to recharge shields, and throwing 3 or 4 grenades at a time. Needless to say we died over and over again. And even with headshots and an orange weapon doing bio damage, it was taking me a magazine and a half of ammo to kill even one enforcer or sniper -- and the spawn point for the ambush was on top of the ammo box. And of course, you can't keep firing at a single sniper for that long without 3 of the 4 monitors and 3 other snipers hitting you all at once and downing you. And, mind you, this is while we're supposed to be guarding a computer terminal during its count-down, we're supposed to hold that space against all comers. Does anybody find this fun? Anybody? Because I sure don't.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-19-2014, 10:24 PM
wow man, that is rough. i didnt have any of that. i had 3-4 dark matter on the way to the terminal. once it was on, i had a pretty steady stream of dm coming at me, but they all went down pretty easy. no bulwarks and only 2 snipers. as soon as the computer finished doing its thing, i was on to idr for the next mission. that was all at tl7 alone.

spweasel
05-20-2014, 12:37 AM
I hate to be overly critical, but that was pretty poor overall quality.

Eren not only very obviously has a different voice actress, she sounds more drunk than "emotionless". I also did a full headdesk when she said it was an acute case of psoriasis... because people with that totally need a new liver, amirite?

The missions themselves were of acceptable quality, though the double spawns from being TL4 made protecting the computer at the end kind of suck. Also, the ending cinematic for the quest line felt incredibly forced.

Pandur
05-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Shouldn't this be stickied ?

And yeah Eren's new voice doesn't fit her too well me thinks.

Chocolatelover67
05-20-2014, 01:59 AM
As a just shy of 2000 EGO player I didn't like the upscaled Dark Matter at Parraba Farm....... And the fact that part of the new mision felt like it was going forever. How many Dark Matter arrived I lost count haha.. It was too much. Although it could have been the other player that was there that made the levels jump a little.

So is that virus mission all we get for now? That was a bit of a chore. I wanted something quick and relatively pain free. But at least now after my mini grind fest I got my EGO over 2000 ...

I'm happy now.

Oh and why the bloody hell is that computer terminal in the Dark matter Disguise mission area? How can you have that in an area for another mission?

That bit didn't excite me but it did make me go gun happy shooting Dark Matter and I wanted to finish them all off because they kept coming and interrupting me....

Quebra Regra
05-20-2014, 10:09 AM

it's time for some new outfits... and the Indogene as a playable race. Hell the textures are already there! We could maybe get some new Indogene inspired perks too (hacking enemy units on shieldbreak, etc.?

What's it gonna cost to get proper bald heads for our characters?

spddy
05-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Found the storyline very enjoyable. More fun if you group with others you know. It would make it fun if you would have co- ops like this, where you run around all over the map like this was set up.

Smiit
05-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Overall I enjoyed it. Are these episodes gonna be weekly?

Xaat Xuun
05-20-2014, 06:58 PM
I think I'm blind , I cannot find the missions on my map
did I need to First complete all the main mission line, to open these new ones ?

StrikerF91
05-20-2014, 07:39 PM
My biggest problem is every one I have done has had the other mission for that spot going on at the same time so when I am supposed to be getting data Im being told to mark barrels of med supplies and at the computer at Dark Matter base Im runing around with people trying to do that mission and having to deal with all of that. You would think with all the empty space not being used they could come up with something better then useing the same cookie cutter things over and over or at least put them in another phase. But then again this seems the best they can do.....

Sliverbaer
05-20-2014, 08:31 PM
I enjoyed the missions. Especially the new bunker. Well done.

I understood by the locations we were going to that the conflict content would be active, so it didn't bother me. I did all the conflicts also, except for the DM base. That one always takes awhile and well....sometimes gets stuck.

At the farm, there was a 150 EGO with me. When the DM showed up, I definitely had to switch to my AR and Wolf (both maxed skill) couldn't cut it with lower weapon skills. Lower ego nearby had to extract a few times, though. (Couldn't get to them before they extracted.) They sniped from the hill. Seemed to go ok.

The bunker was cool, lots of details.

Spoilers: (bummer no spoiler hide image [bbcode] tags)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2932/14047950439_ddd1626789.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/npnqf4)
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5572/14232319102_fb0161db76.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nFEmC7)
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5557/14047945938_11ccd209f4.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/npnoUs)
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2925/14047943618_c448a4703f.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/npnods)
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5495/14254773003_a8ec312121.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nHDrok)
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5235/14048004867_e0628369a6.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/npnGqt)

Chocolatelover67
05-20-2014, 08:38 PM
I did like that bunker mission very much........ Was so much fun to play by myself with no interruptions from OTHER players in the same area. Only why did the DM level up and then some were level down? Bugged?

PhantasieTrion
05-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Overall I enjoyed it. Are these episodes gonna be weekly?

Hi Smiit

While they will not happen weekly, we do have more missions both leading up to Season 2 TV Premiere and throughout the season/summer. More details to follow :)

And... Glad to see some posts from people in here enjoying the mission!

@Sliverbaer - Nice pics!

drackiller
05-21-2014, 12:35 AM
did I need to First complete all the main mission line, to open these new ones ?

It`s the star in Earth Republic Camp, the mission starts there.

Xaat Xuun
05-21-2014, 12:37 AM

I found it . . yeah I was blind .. never thought to look that far north. If it wasn't for me playing my baby alt, I'd still be looking here for a answer

thanks for the help finding it :rolleyes:

drackiller
05-21-2014, 12:40 AM
I did like that bunker mission very much........ Was so much fun to play by myself with no interruptions from OTHER players in the same area. Only why did the DM level up and then some were level down? Bugged?
If there is more than one player it will scale. I had a bit of trouble too because there was a guy in the farm when i arrived there and shortly after that another player showed up and the TL went up to and, although i was the highest ego player there i also had to work harder for the other two players.

I liked the bunker design.

Pandur
05-21-2014, 12:42 AM
Well i did the Bunker mission yesterday and it was well done, i liked the assets too.
It was way too easy on walk in though, at 5315 Ego it only scaled to TL5 so i basically used it to farm Pistol kills.

I'm not sure if that is in since i haven't played any story mission since 1.5 but can you solo join them from matchmaking at expert setting ?

(Just for the record i find TL10 at Conflict sites tedious especially since it's not a choice and i just want to get them done.
On Instances i really like the voluntary difficulty level settings though)

Xaat Xuun
05-21-2014, 02:03 AM
Loved the Bunker . . seems to be designed for rebounders , I was having fun killing things out of line of sight, just shoot a load of those bouncing grenades in those round like rooms, and watch the red dots disappear

ShawnyBee
05-21-2014, 02:04 AM
The Bunker was definitely a surprise highlight. Hope we get a few more like that.I always run New missions with a friend and his EGO is much lower than mine, but I thought it scaled nicely. We both had fun.

Chocolatelover67
05-21-2014, 07:57 AM
What was the deal with the forced romance? Rosa and Eren? It just felt out of place and forced...

Pandur
05-21-2014, 08:26 AM
What was the deal with the forced romance? Rosa and Eren? It just felt out of place and forced...

Well it's shown throughout the main quest line that the two are pretty close, but are we sure it's a romance ?
I mean you can hold hands as support otherwise too.

Etaew
05-21-2014, 08:44 AM
I mean you can hold hands as support otherwise too.

*grabs hand*

Pandur
05-21-2014, 08:54 AM
*grabs hand*

Oh good i need support, i'm somewhat distraught at the thought that Rosa might be lost to the huMans.......

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi Smiit

While they will not happen weekly, we do have more missions both leading up to Season 2 TV Premiere and throughout the season/summer. More details to follow :)

And... Glad to see some posts from people in here enjoying the mission!

@Sliverbaer - Nice pics!

I liked it muchly. Particularly the last bunker.

Have you guys considered procedural generation for creating unlimited coops, ark interiors, etc?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/experienced-points/6418-The-Future-is-Procedural

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 11:36 AM
If there is more than one player it will scale. I had a bit of trouble too because there was a guy in the farm when i arrived there and shortly after that another player showed up and the TL went up to and, although i was the highest ego player there i also had to work harder for the other two players.

I liked the bunker design.

I had some trouble with the scaling at the farm... mostly because the DM were buggy and could shoot thru the house with no issues. I had to use the nearby rock, and the outhouse for cover.

N3gativeCr33p
05-21-2014, 12:04 PM
I tried to finish the 'Cradle to Grave' episode missions last night, but the part that's located over at the DM base in San Fran wouldn't clear at the very end. 20-25 minutes of fighting against TL10 enemy hordes for absolutely nothing.

Sadface indeed.

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I tried to finish the 'Cradle to Grave' episode missions last night, but the part that's located over at the DM base in San Fran wouldn't clear at the very end. 20-25 minutes of fighting against TL10 enemy hordes for absolutely nothing.

Sadface indeed.

Group up compadre! We'll pile on and blow em' outta their boots. :)

Xaat Xuun
05-21-2014, 01:05 PM

Sadface indeed.
that bytes .. too bad one couldn't place a reservation
I got lucky, I went through there @ TL2, and the other player that was there was 60 below me (alt ego240), normally it's the other way by thousands.. like yours

Xaat Xuun
05-21-2014, 01:08 PM
I had some trouble with the scaling at the farm... mostly because the DM were buggy and could shoot thru the house with no issues. I had to use the nearby rock, and the outhouse for cover.

oh that reminded me . . I had the same issue of them shooting through objects in the bunker.
maybe it was pay back cuz I was rebounding my shots around objects

maggie nelson
05-21-2014, 01:14 PM
did I need to First complete all the main mission line, to open these new ones ? Where are they?

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Where are they?

First one is way up by EMC camp - near where you start the game

Xaat Xuun
05-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Where are they?

remember that spot you received your first A-Tex Growler ?

that's the spot, there at the crash site camp in Mt Tam

Iceberg
05-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Everything was fine until I was sent to san.......fran......sisco. The DM base was a tad hard, Threat level 10 hard, insanely hard, multiple players spawning tens of enemies hard!

Other than that, I liked when she said "Done!".

SilentShadowfox
05-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah... I don't see anything at the earth republic camp.'what the hell?
my ego is 2500

Xaat Xuun
05-22-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah... I don't see anything at the earth republic camp.'what the hell?
my ego is 2500
in my case I'm not sure I wasn't seeing/blind , because I was looking in the wrong place, but one of my alt characters, still had not finished a task, after that, I had no problems seeing it, or it was the blind thing. I wouldn't think that could cause a problem, because alts unfinished mission did not interfere with me seeing new missions (side missions) else where as they were being unlocked

also as far as I know, the only real requirement to doing it, one needed to had done the medical mission . . I think it was like the 2nd or 3rd main mission

Wi7cher
05-25-2014, 12:21 AM
I really enjoyed the first episode! It was a good start and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Graefton
05-25-2014, 10:32 AM
This arc was definitely better than the "data-recorder-hunt-from-hell," once you can get past the Dark Matter base in San Fran. (I'm probably in the minority in liking that challenge.) I personally think the bunker was the best. Walked in the door and my favorite song from the soundtrack ("Ninety-Niners") fired up with EGO saying something about "let's go get them!"

Think I'll have to replay the arc if the option is available, just to go through the bunker again. I pretty much murdered every Dark Matter inside.

N3gativeCr33p
05-25-2014, 10:40 AM
I personally think the bunker was the best.

I agree 100%.

Walked in the door and my favorite song from the soundtrack ("Ninety-Niners") fired up with EGO saying something about "let's go get them!"

First thing I wondered was... "What is this - some sort of country/techno fusion?" :D

Only criticism that I have for the new missions would be the lack of rewards at the very end.

drackiller
05-25-2014, 11:41 AM
I agree 100%.

First thing I wondered was... "What is this - some sort of country/techno fusion?" :D

Only criticism that I have for the new missions would be the lack of rewards at the very end.
One mob droped a purple item and the 15 EGO points were a great reward to me, they allowed me to pass the 5K psychological barrier :)

Chocolatelover67
05-25-2014, 07:09 PM
This arc was definitely better than the "data-recorder-hunt-from-hell," once you can get past the Dark Matter base in San Fran. (I'm probably in the minority in liking that challenge.) I personally think the bunker was the best. Walked in the door and my favorite song from the soundtrack ("Ninety-Niners") fired up with EGO saying something about "let's go get them!"

Think I'll have to replay the arc if the option is available, just to go through the bunker again. I pretty much murdered every Dark Matter inside.

I too. But there's no replay option. Only the red one at the map start to replay the whole story.

BTW it says it wipes progress if you replay the story what does that mean? Do you lose anything?

Atticus Batman
05-26-2014, 02:49 AM
I too. But there's no replay option. Only the red one at the map start to replay the whole story.

BTW it says it wipes progress if you replay the story what does that mean? Do you lose anything?

It means you start the story from the beginning, and any side missions you have not yet done, will get locked until you progress enough to unlock them again.

As for replaying the story mission, if it is not right at Earth republic for you to start again, then just wait until they remember to make season 2 episodes reappear upon completion like season 1's. They may decide to only make them replayable after that season if over though, like they did with season 1.

N3gativeCr33p
05-26-2014, 03:56 PM
One mob droped a purple item and the 15 EGO points were a great reward to me, they allowed me to pass the 5K psychological barrier :)

Yeah... the +15 EGO was nice, and I also saw one purple trash mob drop when I played the new content... still would've been better to get just a little something more at the very end.

(Example: Like a little Arkforge, some scrip, or XP, an iconic weapon, a core, a skin, a title, etc. etc.)

Chocolatelover67
05-26-2014, 06:38 PM
It means you start the story from the beginning, and any side missions you have not yet done, will get locked until you progress enough to unlock them again.

As for replaying the story mission, if it is not right at Earth republic for you to start again, then just wait until they remember to make season 2 episodes reappear upon completion like season 1's. They may decide to only make them replayable after that season if over though, like they did with season 1.

One of those season 1 missions is borked. The Manhunt Part 2 doesn't work.

Market
05-26-2014, 09:41 PM
One of those season 1 missions is borked. The Manhunt Part 2 doesn't work.

I ran into this issue as well, being able to see the recorder "Where's Nolan" on the floor but being unable to interact with it. I dropped the quest and logged out for a while. When I came back to the game, I was able to interact with the recorder without issue. I think (strictly speculation here) that it was bugged due to a recent Siege at the location. I put in a bug report about it in-game at the time, hopefully it will get a pass along with some of the other missions that tend to do this. (Dark Matter Disguise and Fila, Kama, Dunya, to name a couple)

Chocolatelover67
05-26-2014, 10:03 PM
I ran into this issue as well, being able to see the recorder "Where's Nolan" on the floor but being unable to interact with it. I dropped the quest and logged out for a while. When I came back to the game, I was able to interact with the recorder without issue. I think (strictly speculation here) that it was bugged due to a recent Siege at the location. I put in a bug report about it in-game at the time, hopefully it will get a pass along with some of the other missions that tend to do this. (Dark Matter Disguise and Fila, Kama, Dunya, to name a couple)

Yeah I got the standard response abort mission and try again but it's been that way for weeks with this particular mission..... Fila Kama Dunya seems to ahve been fixed and because of that I have now done all the side missions......

But that is IF you can log into the support site. I got this.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160648-Trion-fix-your-website-it-is-borked.-Support-ticket-response.

I posted a screencap of what I got when I try to log in to their support site..

What I want to know is how people have the big truck ? I never got that during the story missions to keep

Atticus Batman
05-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Yeah I got the standard response abort mission and try again but it's been that way for weeks with this particular mission..... Fila Kama Dunya seems to ahve been fixed and because of that I have now done all the side missions......

But that is IF you can log into the support site. I got this.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160648-Trion-fix-your-website-it-is-borked.-Support-ticket-response.

I posted a screencap of what I got when I try to log in to their support site..

What I want to know is how people have the big truck ? I never got that during the story missions to keep

It's not for keeps. What they do is get to the sstory mission where you are allowed to drive it,m then they never finish or abort the mission. While you are still actively on that mission, you can use the truck all you want, until you finish or abort the mission.

Chocolatelover67
05-27-2014, 02:59 AM
It's not for keeps. What they do is get to the sstory mission where you are allowed to drive it,m then they never finish or abort the mission. While you are still actively on that mission, you can use the truck all you want, until you finish or abort the mission.

Aaaaw rats....... I was hoping you could buy the big truck haha