PDA

View Full Version : New Paradise gun kit and mod kit

Dartaan
05-20-2014, 05:13 AM
Just listing my experience.

I bought the weapon kit,got a blue sniper and 4 mods for that that type gun ,but the blue and green mods were all of different synergys,not matching the gun.

The mod kit had all 4 mods of the same synergys,and were blue and green

tactics
05-20-2014, 05:30 AM
4rm the weapon kit i got a blue infector grenadier w/ 3 matching, 2 blue 1 green n 1 green qm.

haven't pulled 4rm mod kit yet, but will update when i do.

YahootsMagoondi
05-20-2014, 05:30 AM
i got a purple, nanoless, backpack syn blast rifle with two tier 2 and two tier 3 mods out of the weapon kit.

from the mod box i got sniper mods, also two tier 2 and two tier 3.

i will no longer be wasting keys on these boxes, and i really hope nobody is dumb enough to buy them with bits. can we please get this junk removed and have an epic mod hoard put back in the paradise vendor? this is the new legendary vendor, items in it should be at least epic! put the weapon crate at earth republic for newer players who need an easier way to get a synergised weapon, just charge keys and scrip for it.

ConcreteSnake
05-20-2014, 07:14 AM
Worst addition ever, I bought the full synergy mod horde and got shot gun quartermaster mods. 3 green (which I can buy from the shotgun vendor if I needed them) and 1 blue. So I could spend 100 rep (you earn 95 per week) 32 keys and 2000 scrip....or I could just spend 18k for the green ones and 10-15k for the blue one from a vendor special or a mod dealer. What a waste of keys. I will never buy any of those stupid boxes again. We asked for the epic mod horde back because t4 prices are getting outrageous on Xbox NA and we got this garbage instead. I'd rather buy 4 t2 boxes in hopes of arkforge or a legendary.

Pandur
05-20-2014, 07:17 AM
Would it really hurt to put epic only mods into something that people can only like get once a week ?
Yeah silly question i know.

DSW
05-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Would it really hurt to put epic only mods into something that people can only like get once a week ?

there's already Epic Mod Hoard at most faction vendors. 4 random epics for 100 rep, 75 keys and 40k scrip.

Lucent
05-20-2014, 07:22 AM
I got the mod kit.... yup, worst 32 keys ever. :(
I got a Cannoneer pistol mod set. Some of the stuff was the crappiest stuff you could buy. Two greens and two blues.

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 07:25 AM
<snip> can we please get this junk removed and have an epic mod hoard put back in the paradise vendor?

Yes please, seriously, TRION WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. If you give us this garbage to spend our Paradise rep on, and we get green mods for it, guess what? We STILL are going to complain that we have nothing to spend our Paradise rep on. No one is going to buy this garbage. I'll make sure to tell my non-forum friends the crap that comes out of them.

Seriously, stop the chokehold on mods. You're about to allow the floodgates to go wide open on upgrading rarity which will have a massive and negative effect on in-game trades. The only things tradeable will end up being true Unicorns and your precious mods that you will not let into the market through these obviously greed-motivated manipulations. I sure does feel like we're being griefed by The Company.

I'm assuming Trion is trying to get us to buy epic mod hoards out of the bit store. Never forget, this is all about the shameless cash grab!

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 07:25 AM
there's already Epic Mod Hoard at most faction vendors. 4 random epics for 100 rep, 75 keys and 40k scrip.

yes the issue has been there is not one in paradise vendor so we are all maxed on rep, with nothing but garbage available to buy.

BarrySciFi
05-20-2014, 07:27 AM

Good idea- I'm sure many of you have a bunch of rep just sitting there. I have 600 or so.

YahootsMagoondi
05-20-2014, 07:28 AM

its not the fact that there are other epic mod hoards, its the fact that these two junk boxes are replacing the epic mod hoard that used to be in the paradise vendor. and other than earning cores for weapons and mods, this is what we have to use our paradise rep on, junk. imo, the epic mod hoards should be in the weapon vendors for salvage, scrip, and keys and be weapon specific to the vendor. then you can use faction rep on faction weapons and not be forced into deciding between random mods and random weapons. make some reskins of weapons below 5k ego with the new paradise synergy and put in a weapon crate there with a chance at epic and below and leave the legendary 5k ones to be purchased with cores.

Wander
05-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Posting my support for a clan mate please remove these boxes and gice us somthing good. I will not be using my rep on these boxes.

Olaf
05-20-2014, 08:26 AM
I got the mod kit.... yup, worst 32 keys ever. :(
I got a Cannoneer pistol mod set. Some of the stuff was the crappiest stuff you could buy. Two greens and two blues.

I beat you, my mod kit was run n gun bmg lol... 3 greens and 1 blue. Screw these crappy boxes, I'd rather hoarde the rep than buy any of this crap again

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-20-2014, 08:42 AM
green mods in these boxes are a slap in the face to everyone that asked for the epic mod hoard back. i bought two boxes just out of curiosity. i got an epic veteran blast rifle, epic veteran sniper rifle, 4 non-synergy blue mods, and 4 synergy green mods. i was kind of okay with everything until the green mods popped up. then u shut the game off and went to gta 5.

Whippy
05-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Bought two boxes to make sure I had a decent experience with it... Got assassin rocket mods... 3 green and 1 blue and grenadier infector mods... 2 blue 1 purple and 1 green...

64 keys, scrip and rep later I do feel let down.

600 bits for it as well?! DAYYYUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM.

konstantinov
05-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Good idea- I'm sure many of you have a bunch of rep just sitting there. I have 600 or so.

1000 rep here.

Albion
05-20-2014, 09:28 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the reason the epic mod hoard was taken out of the Paradise vendor was because the Paradise vendor was now all legendary (i.e. orange) and it looked out of place to have a purple item in there. So, how is it okay to put these boxes in, which are basically full of nothing but throwaway crap? Just put the epic mod hoard back already, we can only get one or so per week, its not that big of a deal.

And the bigger problem is the availability of synergy mods in general. You can't even reliably find T3 synergy mods, and now T4 synergy mods are impossible. I said this before, I have been checking IDR since February almost every day and still have not found a T3 External Recoil Reduction Run & Gun. It's almost June!! C'mon guys, put T3 synergy mods in a vendor like you did with T2's, and put the epic mod hoard back in Paradise vendor. It still will take forever to find the T4's you need this way, but at least T3's would be available.

dramaQkarri
05-20-2014, 09:35 AM
For some reason, Trion will not release the choke hold on mods in general. Mods continue to be largely unavailable. It's as if they want the individual mod traders to have great success with the hard-to-find mods. Many are entirely unavailable except by random chance or pay thru the nose to a trader.

Of course, if they want to drive us into the BIT STORE the smart move would be to have all T3 & T4 mods available in the BIT STORE. All types, all synergies, all the time. People with too much time and money on their hands would buy them and bring them into the game so we can use them.

Instead, no logic is employed and we get GARBAGE in the vendor and nothing in the bit store either. It's amazing how they missed out on selling mods! We're all screaming shameless cash grab anyway...

Albion
05-20-2014, 09:51 AM
For some reason, Trion will not release the choke hold on mods in general. Mods continue to be largely unavailable. It's as if they want the individual mod traders to have great success with the hard-to-find mods. Many are entirely unavailable except by random chance or pay thru the nose to a trader.

Of course, if they want to drive us into the BIT STORE the smart move would be to have all T3 & T4 mods available in the BIT STORE. All types, all synergies, all the time. People with too much time and money on their hands would buy them and bring them into the game so we can use them.

Instead, no logic is employed and we get GARBAGE in the vendor and nothing in the bit store either. It's amazing how they missed out on selling mods! We're all screaming shameless cash grab anyway...

Good points! The problem is, on Xbox, there really are no mod traders anymore. It's not like this time last year, when I could get any synergy mod I wanted, whenever I wanted, from at least a dozen people who did nothing but sell synergy mods. It wasn't ideal, but at least you could get them. Now, the idea of doing that is so unappealing to people that no one is a dedicated mod trader anymore. But we shouldn't need any. If Trion was smart, they would be the mod trader! Just as you said, put the mods in the bit store, but not in these god-awful random lockboxes. Make them available so we get EXACTLY what we want, and I'm sure people would be snatching up T4 synergy mods like candy. Which would put more of them in circulation and make them affordable to more people. T3's belong in vendors, by synergy just like T2's. But at this point, I would probably pay bits to know I could get a set of T3 Run & Gun AR mods, for example. Are you listening, Trion?

shawshank1198
05-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Yes please, seriously, TRION WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. If you give us this garbage to spend our Paradise rep on, and we get green mods for it, guess what? We STILL are going to complain that we have nothing to spend our Paradise rep on. No one is going to buy this garbage. I'll make sure to tell my non-forum friends the crap that comes out of them.

Seriously, stop the chokehold on mods. You're about to allow the floodgates to go wide open on upgrading rarity which will have a massive and negative effect on in-game trades. The only things tradeable will end up being true Unicorns and your precious mods that you will not let into the market through these obviously greed-motivated manipulations. I sure does feel like we're being griefed by The Company.

I'm assuming Trion is trying to get us to buy epic mod hoards out of the bit store. Never forget, this is all about the shameless cash grab!

unfortunately the whole world is about nothing more than all about the shameless cash grab.....

Griffix8
05-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Good points! The problem is, on Xbox, there really are no mod traders anymore. It's not like this time last year, when I could get any synergy mod I wanted, whenever I wanted, from at least a dozen people who did nothing but sell synergy mods. It wasn't ideal, but at least you could get them. Now, the idea of doing that is so unappealing to people that no one is a dedicated mod trader anymore. But we shouldn't need any. If Trion was smart, they would be the mod trader! Just as you said, put the mods in the bit store, but not in these god-awful random lockboxes. Make them available so we get EXACTLY what we want, and I'm sure people would be snatching up T4 synergy mods like candy. Which would put more of them in circulation and make them affordable to more people. T3's belong in vendors, by synergy just like T2's. But at this point, I would probably pay bits to know I could get a set of T3 Run & Gun AR mods, for example. Are you listening, Trion?
Its pretty much all luck with mods now...at least for decent T4. I opened an Epic Mod Hoard and got 2 non-synergy mods that weren't that good to begin with.

Buying mods out from anywhere is ridiculous. Its all luck or truckloads of scrip/money....