PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new mechanic?

rebtattoo
05-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Participated in a Kenn Farm Incursion last night. Started at one of the first emergencies. Worked all the way to Kenn Farm and amassed around 120k points.

Arrived at the farm and did stage 1. DC'd during stage 2. Dashboarded, logged back in. Ported to clan mate that was at incursion expecting to see my score.

It started me back at 0. Fortunately, I got there early enough to rack up another 40k. This was late, so wasn't able to test further. Wondering if this is the "new norm" before I investigate further.

YahootsMagoondi
05-20-2014, 05:09 PM
my understanding is when you disconnected the game should have given you rewards for your score to that point...right? maybe that is just if you port away, i could be wrong. but did you pay attention if your keys and forge increased? i would be interested to know how well this works.

from patch notes...

Ark hunters now receive rewards based on their scores for all active events they've participated in when they transfer across internal game servers or disconnect. Transferring can be caused by using go to friend, entering/exiting instances, or entering Shadow War.

Lenny732
05-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Reb after reading this i got dc'd from a dark matter. My score was reset when i made it back on. Well i built my score back up then bam i get killed. It happens right. Well the kicker here is that my score reset. Also cause was in the same dark matter. He had over 100k points. then when it ended and he had no points. giving him no rewards and no keycodes. Clearly something is screwy here.

Deunan
05-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Similar experience for me on the PC at a Dark Matter Major Arkfall except I can't confirm or deny that I got keys and arkforge when I logged out. If it checks you out it should also zero out your score. Do you know if you got any keys and arkforge prior to that (or are you still getting no keys and arkforge issue)?

Lenny732
05-20-2014, 05:29 PM
bumping for continued interest.

rebtattoo
05-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Will test it purposefully tonight. To be honest, I haven't been keeping track of forge, and only glance at keys periodically....Will look into it in a couple hours.

thejx4
05-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Participated in a Kenn Farm Incursion last night. Started at one of the first emergencies. Worked all the way to Kenn Farm and amassed around 120k points.

Arrived at the farm and did stage 1. DC'd during stage 2. Dashboarded, logged back in. Ported to clan mate that was at incursion expecting to see my score.

It started me back at 0. Fortunately, I got there early enough to rack up another 40k. This was late, so wasn't able to test further. Wondering if this is the "new norm" before I investigate further.

You dashboarded. Difference between disconnected from the servers and going to the dashboard.

rebtattoo
05-20-2014, 07:46 PM
You dashboarded. Difference between disconnected from the servers and going to the dashboard.Wrong terminology then. I disconnected. Held the ps3 button. Quit game. Logged back in. Score reset.

Lucent
05-20-2014, 08:33 PM
I was "lucky: enough to test all these situations:
Port to friend in a different phase: no credit for arkfall
Enter WM: no credit for score in arkfall
Critical error and reward to arkfall: no reward for points before critical error, points show up but in wrong phase, no rewards
Critical error and wait for it to end before signing on: no reward for arkfall
Hard freeze: no reward

So, in summary..... nothing.

Amack
05-20-2014, 08:41 PM
My clanmates are also reporting losing scores and receiving no awards upon switching shards and being disconnected.

Keep on Trion, Trion.

WhiteF8ng
05-20-2014, 10:24 PM

From my understanding this is what was supposed to happen. The dc made you "cash out" and the scrip, keys, and forge should be dished out. Then your score is reset when you return. I can see this getting real annoying though for a few reasons:

1. Arkforge is gained at the higher levels.
2. There is no "leniency timer" so if you dc 30 secs before the events ends you are s.o.l. in any chance to receive weapons.
3. The contracts don't check off for whatever event you were in after rewards are dished out. Here are your keys etc, as a pity reward, you'll still be doing that one again Arkhunter.

CRIXDA
05-21-2014, 05:05 AM
Seriously?
Come on. Another Q & A hapless "oh, look what let slip through the cracks on that little game" problem.
Hey, is anyone testing ANY of these patches and hotfixes before we get them? Anyone at all? This kind of stuff is what keeps "The Company" in the lower end of the software development market.
I am not derrogating, I pointing out pure fact! Look at what you guys have done! Now, when we PLAY the GAME that you guys are "fixing", we don't get anything for it because you "fixed" it to do things that way.
Did anyone test it before you applied the patch to the servers? "Well, we couldn't duplicate that in house." Yeah, okay.
Possibly because NO ONE EVEN TESTED IT.
"Working as intended, guys."
Fix the fix, now.
Isn't it even remotely tiresome to keep taking apart YOUR OWN CODE and fixing it when you could have fixed it before you released it?
If Alexander Graham Bell thought along the same lines, He might have dialed the phone in the other room and when his assistant answered he would have said "yo Wiggins, get over here" and when Watson hung up the reciever Bell would savagely beat him to death with a hammer for no reason. Makes about the same sense to me as building a "patch" to "fix" something that "breaks" everything and then releasing it without "testing" it.
Print out that mantra, Q&A. Read it before you put out another patch:
"Yo Wiggins, get over here".

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 07:14 AM
Seriously?
Come on. Another Q & A hapless "oh, look what let slip through the cracks on that little game" problem.
Hey, is anyone testing ANY of these patches and hotfixes before we get them? Anyone at all? This kind of stuff is what keeps "The Company" in the lower end of the software development market.
I am not derrogating, I pointing out pure fact! Look at what you guys have done! Now, when we PLAY the GAME that you guys are "fixing", we don't get anything for it because you "fixed" it to do things that way.
Did anyone test it before you applied the patch to the servers? "Well, we couldn't duplicate that in house." Yeah, okay.
Possibly because NO ONE EVEN TESTED IT.
"Working as intended, guys."
Fix the fix, now.
Isn't it even remotely tiresome to keep taking apart YOUR OWN CODE and fixing it when you could have fixed it before you released it?
If Alexander Graham Bell thought along the same lines, He might have dialed the phone in the other room and when his assistant answered he would have said "yo Wiggins, get over here" and when Watson hung up the reciever Bell would savagely beat him to death with a hammer for no reason. Makes about the same sense to me as building a "patch" to "fix" something that "breaks" everything and then releasing it without "testing" it.
Print out that mantra, Q&A. Read it before you put out another patch:
"Yo Wiggins, get over here".

Yes, Crixda, the tiresomeness of major left field ball bobbling continues. This patch did NOT fix the scoring system at all, in fact it seems more completely broken than before. Rewards are sporadic. Though somehow I did get 9 keys out of a monkey last night.

The Company stated they were continuing testing over the weekend, which is why we didn't receive patch 1.510. This leads me to believe one of two things: either they have NO IDEA how to test, or they are flat out lying.

If Bell thought this way, we probably still wouldn't have telephones.

rebtattoo
05-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, no new updates from me on this.

I didn't dc at all last night. Of course I Lone Wolfed it for the majority of the night working on pursuit leveling. Only participated in 1 DM major and a couple incursions.

On the bright side, I did level Infectors from 12 to 18 2/3...LOL

Conceit
05-21-2014, 10:01 AM
I can confirm that on Xbox NA if you are disconnected during an arkfall or incursion you get no keys or arkforge but your score is reset to 0.

Odessa
05-21-2014, 10:11 AM
I can confirm that on Xbox NA if you are disconnected during an arkfall or incursion you get no keys or arkforge but your score is reset to 0.

This actually happened to me without being disconnected. Went through the whole Arkfall, made it to the boss and was listed with zero kills and over 3million damage. The next screen put me at a zero score with a random loot box, no arkforge or keys.

QuickStirr
05-21-2014, 10:18 AM
This actually happened to me without being disconnected. Went through the whole Arkfall, made it to the boss and was listed with zero kills and over 3million damage. The next screen put me at a zero score with a random loot box, no arkforge or keys.

Do u know if there a way to take in game screenshot with the xbox 360?. Cause i also had this happen with me except mines was 2.2mil dmg with 0 kills. i mean i suck but i don't suck that bad to get 0 kills through 4-5 ark sites till the big boss. I think for now on ill probably just use my phone an take a photo lol.

TremerChrist
05-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Wonder how this works with sieges. Player is at 19k score at a volge siege with 5 minutes left, gets disconnected and rejoins with 2 minutes left and scores another 4k. Having a total of 23k and not getting tier10 loot drop would make volge sieges a even worse waste of time. Volge sieges has always been my most enjoyable events to do, but ever since 1.5 went live they haven't been worth doing. And, now they will be worse.

TrickDempsey
05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Ark hunters,

Some clarification on the “cash out” function. You can see if you’ve experienced it by keeping a chat tab open with the “System” chat enabled. If cashing out has occurred, then you will see a message that says: “Receiving rewards from [Event Name] for your accumulated score of [Score].” If you also have “Rewards” chat enabled in that chat tab, you will see that message surrounded by currency gains. (Note that you will not see this if you’ve returned to character select or exited the game entirely as your chat is wiped.)

There have been some questions about when cash out precisely occurs. It only happens when your character is entirely disconnected from a server. Normally, this happens when entering or exiting an instance such as entering a co-op map or battleground or exiting after getting a completion screen. It can also happen when going to a clanmate, friend, or group leader who is on a completely different server. In any of these cases, you will see the System message in chat. Importantly, it also happens when you completely disconnect from all servers which occurs when logging out or when kicked from a server. (In this case, there will be no System message as you have no chat.)

Here are actions that do not cause cash out to occur:
• Extracting
• Fast Traveling
• Going to someone who is in a phase (such as a Conflict Site or some missions)

On our side, we’re going through the logs of players reporting not experiencing cash out as intended in this thread. We’ll be looking at their play activity to verify times they were listed as a contributor at the end of an event and that they were recorded as receiving rewards. We’ll follow up in this thread with our findings.

Cheers,

Trick Dempsey

Odessa
05-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Ark hunters,

Some clarification on the “cash out” function. You can see if you’ve experienced it by keeping a chat tab open with the “System” chat enabled. If cashing out has occurred, then you will see a message that says: “Receiving rewards from [Event Name] for your accumulated score of [Score].” If you also have “Rewards” chat enabled in that chat tab, you will see that message surrounded by currency gains. (Note that you will not see this if you’ve returned to character select or exited the game entirely as your chat is wiped.)

There have been some questions about when cash out precisely occurs. It only happens when your character is entirely disconnected from a server. Normally, this happens when entering or exiting an instance such as entering a co-op map or battleground or exiting after getting a completion screen. It can also happen when going to a clanmate, friend, or group leader who is on a completely different server. In any of these cases, you will see the System message in chat. Importantly, it also happens when you completely disconnect from all servers which occurs when logging out or when kicked from a server. (In this case, there will be no System message as you have no chat.)

• Extracting
• Fast Traveling

On our side, we’re going through the logs of players reporting not experiencing cash out as intended in this thread. We’ll be looking at their play activity to verify times they were listed as a contributor at the end of an event and that they were recorded as receiving rewards. We’ll follow up in this thread with our findings.

Cheers,

Trick Dempsey

Thank you for responding, Trick. I also took screenshots of the latest event I mentioned. I did not crit out, but did fast travel to friend to join in on remaining crystals. My phone lists the snapshot as being taken on 5/20/2014 at 7:17pm PST. I cannot recall if I critted out at any point before joining the arkfall, but did not crit out or exit early. I'm sure this was with at least 40 minutes of gameplay prior to this happening. I stayed until the end, never leaving the circle.

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Thank you for responding, Trick. I also took screenshots of the latest event I mentioned. I did not crit out, but did fast travel to friend to join in on remaining crystals. My phone lists the snapshot as being taken on 5/20/2014 at 7:17pm PST. I cannot recall if I critted out at any point before joining the arkfall, but did not crit out or exit early. I'm sure this was with at least 40 minutes of gameplay prior to this happening. I stayed until the end, never leaving the circle.

Yeah, this is the issue that bothers me much more - staying for the entire event, thru completion and not getting rewards. I've had two variants of this issue:
1) the rewards screen pops up at the end telling me I've got 9 keys and 6 arkforge coming (for example) and when I exit the reward/scoreboard screens, I have no rewards. This issue has happened me and my friends many times since patch 1.509
2) this example only happened to me once, at a minor mutant arkfall. I was the first one there, and was on my way to the 2nd location for the first mission* on episode 2 in SF. Minor arkfall was in my path so I figured I'd stop and do it real quick. About 3-4 others players showed up. When it was over, it showed my score as over 300,000 with no kills (which I know "critical kill" popped up several times during the arkfall). And it said "no rewards". So, how did I get that score and how was it that I didn't deserve any rewards for it? This happened on Monday right after patch 1.510 and new episodes were available.

Again, these examples have nothing to do with DC or leaving. I was there for the event at the time it finished, and also went on to do other things afterwards.

*Is it possible that being on a mission during the arkfall messed something up, exposing a bug? I've done plenty of arkfalls and other events while on missions.

Lucent
05-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks Trick. I have been watching that tab very carefully.
Could you tell me what kinds of events you can cash out of? Is it Arkfalls, Incursions, AND Conflict sites?
I know for a fact that when my group queued up a co-op map while I was in the middle of a conflict site, I did not see a "Receiving rewards" message.
I will continue to play around with it to see when I am shorted by the cashing out system.
The only time I see the "Receiving rewards" message is when I would have always received awards anyway.
The problem with missing rewards from the Warmaster has been fixed, so I appreciate that.

It seems like the major issue is getting cashed out before an event ends (and not getting the rewards) and losing your progress.

Please consider that the way we are scored in events, once we reach a certain score we would be receiving Arkforge. If you get a critical error and disconnect after having earned 20k points in an Incursion, when you come back, you will need to earn EVERYTHING starting from zero in order to get your score eligible for Arkforge. I hope you can see where this would be a frustrating problem.
I believe the mechanic you are going for is this:
-Receive weapon rewards for events that you participated in and were present for the ending
-Receive partial credit if you are sent elsewhere (sent/from to an instanced event or disconnected from the game)

The problem is that being reset to 0 ultimately hurts the player who cashed out against their will if they made it back in time to complete their event.

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 11:50 AM
<snip> The problem with missing rewards from the Warmaster has been fixed

No it hasn't....although I got my keys and arkforge from one last night, others at the same event that did not crit out or leave or anything reported they did not get their rewards. One reported he got an OJ, but no keys/arkforge. Seems to be either/or. This is also now affecting arkfalls since patch 1.510 where before this patch arkfalls were rewarding correctly. Problem remains sporadic and mysterious.

rebtattoo
05-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Ark hunters,

• Extracting
• Fast Traveling

Cheers,

Trick DempseySo,there is no way to be really sure when you disco unless you obsess unhealthily on your key and forge count. I'm sorry, I enjoy playing the game and can't be bothered to constantly look at how many keys and forge I have at any given moment.

Reckon we can just chalk it up to one of the liabilities of being a serious casual player. I liked it better before, when I discoed and made it back in time to finish the event, my score was still there. Meh

Lucent
05-21-2014, 12:46 PM
No it hasn't....although I got my keys and arkforge from one last night, others at the same event that did not crit out or leave or anything reported they did not get their rewards. One reported he got an OJ, but no keys/arkforge. Seems to be either/or. This is also now affecting arkfalls since patch 1.510 where before this patch arkfalls were rewarding correctly. Problem remains sporadic and mysterious.

Aww! I only did two and I got rewards both times. I guess I was just lucky then!

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Aww! I only did two and I got rewards both times. I guess I was just lucky then!

Maybe the RNG has leaked out into the entire game...tonight when I log in and find I'm playing as someone else's toon I won't be surprised.

rebtattoo
05-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Another reason I can't be bothered to keep track of **** anymore is because of the continued b.ull**** handed down the wire.

We were asked for help in another matter and told that a title would be awarded for the help. I could care less for the title. Do care when my chain is yanked.

This is just another classic example of the team messing up something that worked just fine. All I wanted was for The Company to own to it and lie to me about when it might be fixed.

TrickDempsey
05-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Everyone,

We would like to know the date and time of your experiences when you saw your score removed incorrectly or prematurely. Please reply below with any specifics. We will need to know what event you were participating in, what action precipitated the loss of score, your online handle (you may message Kiwibird with this info if you do not want it public), and what platform you were on (Xbox, PS3, Windows; Europe or North America).

Rebtattoo,

At around 8PM PST on Monday, you participated in a few events. It looks like you ran Dark Matter Disguise along with another player and that netted you 42K points and the normal rewards from that. (284 scrip, 21K XP, 7 keycodes, 1 Arkforge.)

Three minutes later, you logged 8K points in an Incursion in Madera. 8k sounds doable three minutes, in part because you got 5k from the completion bonus. You were only in the siege for a single stage, however. The three minute period could also be explained by leaving the Dark Matter base before the event ended while someone else completed it. We cannot tell that from the logs.

Now, we do not see an earlier 100+K cash out event like you described. Are we looking at the right evening? Can you elaborate the order of events and timing during the day so we can better isolate them in our logs?

Cheers,

Trick Dempsey

TrickDempsey
05-21-2014, 01:57 PM

Odessa,

This is great data. We'll see what we can find in our logs. (Also, having all that data in your signature certainly saves us some time.)

Cheers,

Trick

rebtattoo
05-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Rebtattoo,

At around 8PM PST on Monday, you participated in a few events. It looks like you ran Dark Matter Disguise along with another player and that netted you 42K points and the normal rewards from that. (284 scrip, 21K XP, 7 keycodes, 1 Arkforge.)

Three minutes later, you logged 8K points in an Incursion in Madera. 8k sounds doable three minutes, in part because you got 5k from the completion bonus. You were only in the siege for a single stage, however. The three minute period could also be explained by leaving the Dark Matter base before the event ended while someone else completed it. We cannot tell that from the logs.

Now, we do not see an earlier 100+K cash out event like you described. Are we looking at the right evening? Can you elaborate the order of events and timing during the day so we can better isolate them in our logs?

Cheers,

Trick DempseyThis was doing the new episode mission. Others were there, I assumed doing the episode mission.

After the mission I made it to the end of an incursion.

Look later. Between 3-5am EST I can't recall the exact time. I started the incursion in the beginning emergency stages. Worked all the way to Kenn Farm. Lasted a wave or 2 before dc'ing. Got back in to a 0 score and completed event with 40kish...

rebtattoo
05-21-2014, 02:26 PM
*snip*Tried to answer you back. Empty your damned inbox! LOL

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Tried to answer you back. Empty your damned inbox! LOL

10-4, come back?

It wasn't so much my inbox as my sent...LOL

Lucent
05-21-2014, 03:08 PM
I still remain super impressed at how closely you are keeping track of this, Trick. I've got to be honest, I've felt insulted watching some of the live streams when it seems you are really blasé about the concerns of the community or laughed them off like they aren't important when we are the fans who continue to support you all, but you are restoring my faith in you just by popping into the forums and seeing the issues and responding to them. I really do appreciate it. Keep changing my mind.

P.S. I feel like Rebtattoo was getting his palm read with Trick's breakdown of what he did.

carlgone
05-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Date: 5-21-14
Time: 5:02 P.M.
Platform: PC
Server: US
Event: Dark Matter Extraction Force
Online Handle: Carlgone

Was doing the above event when all through the event had no score showing. After it completed had a score(on first screen) of over 6Mil in dmg with no kills. On the second screen was in 21st place with no score and no kills. There was nothing else in the area(Incursions, arkfalls etc.) so that wouldn't be the problem.

TrickDempsey
05-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Date: 5-21-14
Time: 5:02 P.M.
Online Handle: Carlgone

Was doing the above event when all through the event had no score showing. After it completed had a score(on first screen) of over 6Mil in dmg with no kills. On the second screen was in 21st place with no score and no kills. There was nothing else in the area(Incursions, arkfalls etc.) so that wouldn't be the problem.

This is perfect, Carl. It looks like you are getting a slightly different bug than the "cash out" issue, but it's one we've had a lot of trouble isolating in the studio. With this exact a set of information, you may give us exactly what we need to find it.

This same issue was also spotted by another user but they worked around it by teleporting to and from the event once. Your test case may help us find out how you were not added to the scoring for the event. (Thus why you saw no score displayed and why your kills were set to zero.)

We're looking into this bug, but we probably won't update to this thread. It would get confusing. We may PM you later, Carl.

(I really should see about making a "bug bounty" board for tracking issues like this one.)

Cheers,

Trick

PS. We are still looking through records for unexpected cashing out.

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 04:15 PM

Confirmed! I had two disconnects during events on XBOX NA last night. Scores reset, no keys no forge.

Exactly who thinks this is an improvement?

Amack
05-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Confirmed! I had two disconnects during events on XBOX NA last night. Scores reset, no keys no forge.

While the system may not be a complete improvement yet, Trick being here listening and asking for details is a huge improvement. Why not try to help by including the details he is asking for?

@Trick - Please fix FOV Shift. ;)

Quebra Regra
05-21-2014, 06:05 PM
While the system may not be a complete improvement yet, Trick being here listening and asking for details is a huge improvement. Why not try to help by including the details he is asking for?

@Trick - Please fix FOV Shift. ;)

because grenades?

carlgone
05-21-2014, 06:15 PM

I have this also but on PC, was in an incursion and qued for a co-op(since I saw that they supposed to have fixed it) and when I got through with the co-op I didn't get the rewards from the incursion.This has happened to me a couple times now.

drackiller
05-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Yesterday after 8PM GMT on PS3 EU i was doing an incursion in Sausalito the one that ends in Diablo) and in only one conflict site i did more than 20K points, i jumped up to tag the Ken`s farm incursion to go back to the original i was doing and BAMMM i got DC.
I came back later, the incursions were still on and i went to Diablo, my score was 0.

I saying this now just to comprove that it`s happening...i just don`t care that much to complain :(

Ps:i play this for fun , not to work with a pen and a paper by my side noting this kind of things.
If it happens , it happens...but it shouldn`t.

Pandur
05-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Yesterday when i was going to do the VBI weekly at mount Tam i was walking through a conflict site to get there(not sure which one), at the edge of the Conflict site a minor arkfall dropped on my head so i decided to stay there and do it, my mission display still showed the Conflict site though.

Usually that was no problem and i still got full rewards for the Arkfall, yesterday though when the minor arkfall ended i had exactly 0 score and no rewards.
That was the first and so far only time i didn't get any rewards for an event(that i remember anyways).
There was also 2 more people that joined later and they at least on my screen showed to have a score.

Oh yeah forgot:
21.05.2014 ~ 22:30 H CEST
IGN: Shanabel
PC - EU

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-22-2014, 06:01 AM
5-22-14
7:35 a.m. cdt
ps3 na
ign: xpuddytatx

doing an incursion in maders. completed first two emergency circles. missed third circle, did a volge emergency on the road i was following. no score showed on my screen for rest of incursion. followed incursion all the way to kenn farms, but at kenn farms i could see the yellow circle on my map, but there was no cap points, no enemies, and no score. i saw a lot of purple dots come into the circle, but they all disappeared as soon as they entered the circle. its almost like i jumped into a phase all by myself. left the circle and returned 3 times with the same result. fast traveled to friend in same phase, then drove back to kenn farms. finished incursion with a score of 39xxx points after doing almost every minor circle and the last 5-6 minutes of the major. seems like my wscore went back to zero or did not calculate at each event after volge emergency

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 06:26 AM
5/22/2014 around 8 p.m. central
Tempest Solo - PS3 NA

Went to dark matter arkfall after doing quite a lot of other things in game...so I didn't expect to make it to the end anyway.
Got there with 2 crystals left, then went to the boss. After about 5 minutes at the boss I DC'd to the "Critical Error" screen. I pressed "OK" and then had a hard freeze. By the time I got back my friend that had been at the arkfall had also DC'd so I didn't get to finish it even though there would have still been plenty of time.
Result: No keys/arkforge, no rewards at all.

K1llZ0nE83
05-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Wrong terminology then. I disconnected. Held the ps3 button. Quit game. Logged back in. Score reset.

This happens to me all the time, because Im running and older ps3 that sometimes boggs down and the servers disconnect me. The mistake you made was quitting the game. If had just went back to the game from the dashboard your score would have stayed. I cant say for the keys and ark forge.

Fuzzy
05-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Platform: PC EU
Date/Time: 22.05.2014, 3:46 PM CEST (event ended then)
Accountname: Fuzzy12
What happened: Noticed I had no score, tried porting to a fast Travel Location (Fork) and porting back. It didn't work this time. I guess it was because the Fork was in the area of the Arkfall.
I got weapons and had a lot of damage in the end but didn't get any keycodes or Arkforge.

http://i.imgur.com/D448gfW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EzXeBax.jpg

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 09:23 AM
This happens to me all the time, because Im running and older ps3 that sometimes boggs down and the servers disconnect me. The mistake you made was quitting the game. If had just went back to the game from the dashboard your score would have stayed. I cant say for the keys and ark forge.In the past. Whenever I Crit out, I always "quit" game and come back in. In the past I always caught up with my score as long as the event was still active. Since 1.510, this is no longer the case.

It has also been brought to my attention, that my phrasing in original post was a bit misleading. I'm a night owl, and don't consider it "morning" or "next day" until I have woken up. That being said:

5-20-2014 Wee hours of the morning
Kenn Farm Incursion
Critical Error Disconnect
Reb Aingeal
PS3na

drackiller
05-22-2014, 09:46 AM
In the past. Whenever I Crit out, I always "quit" game and come back in. In the past I always caught up with my score as long as the event was still active. Since 1.510, this is no longer the case.

It has also been brought to my attention, that my phrasing in original post was a bit misleading. I'm a night owl, and don't consider it "morning" or "next day" until I have woken up. That being said:

5-20-2014 Wee hours of the morning
Kenn Farm Incursion
Critical Error Disconnect
Reb Aingeal
PS3na

I always do the same as Reb have descrived in his post. This is a new bug.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 09:52 AM
I always do the same as Reb have descrived in his post. This is a new bug.The reason I do it this way is because I learned long ago that if I didn't, I would disco much more often. At least this method cuts it down to only 1 or 2 an hour on good nights.

drackiller
05-22-2014, 09:57 AM
The reason I do it this way is because I learned long ago that if I didn't, I would disco much more often. At least this method cuts it down to only 1 or 2 an hour on good nights.

And most of the times if you go to the dashboard the game fails to relogin. The safest and fastest method is the one you use.
I learned that the hard way long ago.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 10:01 AM
And most of the times if you go to the dashboard the game fails to relogin. The safest and fastest method is the one you use.
I learned that the hard way long ago.

Me too, usually if I try to go straight back in by pressing start instead of completely quitting/restarting the game, I get a long looooong load screen and then straight back to critical error. So I never even bother trying any more.

drackiller
05-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Me too, usually if I try to go straight back in by pressing start instead of completely quitting/restarting the game, I get a long looooong load screen and then straight back to critical error. So I never even bother trying any more.

Yup, i think that when we completely quit the game the console frees up RAM...but it`s just a guess.

drackiller
05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
22/05/2015 disconnected around 19:33 +- GMT (BST)
PS3 EU - drackiller
DM at Verdant Ridge, was at the beggining of the Monolith, had more than 30K when disconnected.
After the login i had 0 points, still had time to make 170K.

Fuzzy
05-22-2014, 11:59 AM
22/05/2015 disconnected around 19:33 +- GMT (BST)
PS3 EU - drackiller
DM at Verdant Ridge, was at the beggining of the Monolith, had more than 30K when disconnected.
After the login i had 0 points, still had time to make 170K.

I find this system to be logical. Has Trick stated that this was wrong? Because it sounds logical.
As soon as you go into another shard or into a Co-Op or DC, you are cashed out your rewards for what you did up to now.
If you would keep your points, you would get keys and AF two times for the score you already got.
This could get exploited to no end (well, until an event ends).
Has anyone anywhere said that having 0 points after a DC or after getting out of an instance is in fact a bug or not wanted?

Got something else to report though

Platform: PC EU
Date/Time: 22.05.2014, ~8:50 PM CEST (event ended then)
Accountname: Fuzzy12
Event: Revolting Hellbugs

Came in at the endboss, shot at the Hellbug, had a score of about 40k in the end. Apparently no one got a kill on that thing.
The highest on the scoreboard hat around 100k score and that kill would've been a lot more.
Had this happen to me about two nights ago as well when I was in a Scrapper. No one got a kill, some people had 0 points on the Scoreboard.

drackiller
05-22-2014, 12:07 PM
If you would keep your points, you would get keys and AF two times for the score you already got.

No, before you could get back to the event after a disco and continue that event, that`s all. After the last patch we are losing everything when we get back to the evnt we were doing

RigaMortis
05-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Platform EU PS3
Date/Time 22/5/2014 9:10 pm uk time
IGN Riga Mortis
Event DM arkfall

Logged out fresh for the DM arkfall, drove to first point and proceeded to follow it round.
Event finished with me receiving zero keys and zero arkforge, but did receive a purple courier, blue nano Fragger, and blue ss ranger.

Checked rewards in chat tab after event ended to confirm zero keys and forge.

Needs fixing ASAP

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 01:49 PM
I find this system to be logical. Has Trick stated that this was wrong? Because it sounds logical.
As soon as you go into another shard or into a Co-Op or DC, you are cashed out your rewards for what you did up to now.

Right. But the problem comes in because the cash out is not happening. People are not receiving it when they DC and we're supposed to get rewards once, not twice. But we're not getting it at all.

Fuzzy
05-22-2014, 02:13 PM
No, before you could get back to the event after a disco and continue that event, that`s all. After the last patch we are losing everything when we get back to the evnt we were doing

That is true, but that's just how it is now. They changed it so when you get DCed or port to a friend or go into a PvP match or anything like that, you are guarenteed your rewards (if you don't make it back in time for the end of the event).
In the end, it doesn't matter if you have 30k score once, then get DCed and then make another 100k or if you make 130k in total.
You get the same rewards (besides the guns you get when you stay there until the event ends) since they lowered the total amounf of score you need to get any Arkforge at all.

Right. But the problem comes in because the cash out is not happening. People are not receiving it when they DC and we're supposed to get rewards once, not twice. But we're not getting it at all.

That was what I was not sure off.
I thought you received rewards and were angry about how the system change.
Thanks for clarifing that to me. I am not playing on a console, so I didn't know if being DCed would give you your rewards you're supposed to get.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:50 PM

Well we'd be angry about that too if we didn't have not receiving rewards to be angry about! This is the forums, we flame all changes!

Kidding. Is it just me or are the forums drying up too? Or maybe I'm just the only person not busy at work these days....

PhantasieTrion
05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
5/22/2014 around 8 p.m. central
Tempest Solo - PS3 NA

Went to dark matter arkfall after doing quite a lot of other things in game...so I didn't expect to make it to the end anyway.
Got there with 2 crystals left, then went to the boss. After about 5 minutes at the boss I DC'd to the "Critical Error" screen. I pressed "OK" and then had a hard freeze. By the time I got back my friend that had been at the arkfall had also DC'd so I didn't get to finish it even though there would have still been plenty of time.
Result: No keys/arkforge, no rewards at all.

Hi DramaQkarri

Thanks for the details. I took a look at the logs for this case.

First:

You say “5/22/2014 around 8 p.m. central”. I assume you mean 5/21/2014?
Sorry for the long post

Here is a timeline for what I believe is the event you are talking about:

5:57 PM CT – You authorized with Defiance
6:01 PM CT – A Dark Matter Extraction Arkfall started on the game server you are bound to
6:03 PM CT – You entered the game world as Tempest Solo
6:XX PM CT – You report that you DC’ed then crashed.
I wasn't able to find an exact log for the Disconnect (which bugs me).
The crash, however, would not be in our logs so this is expected
6:32 PM CT – A PS3 player using the US-Disc version of Defiance crashed (hardlocked). I think this was likely you.*
6:39 PM CT – The Dark Matter Extraction Arkfall ended (with 62 participants).
6:39 PM CT – The Cash Out triggered (You were offline).
6:39 PM CT – You had a total score 384,517 (nice!). You received:

2563 scrip
41 Keys
35 Arkforge
192,258 xp
NOTE: I cross referenced our log print of you receiving this with the actual database set/write for your characters inventory. They matched.

6:44 PM CT – You authorized and logged back into Defiance

As far as I can tell, this is a case of Cash Out working as intended. You earned 300+k rewards but were offline when the event completed, so we applied your rewards while you were offline.
You would not have seen the cash out message, since you were offline when it got sent (and we don’t cache it). Did you notice if your keys increased and/or where maxed upon logging back in?

Note: I realize that this Cash Out communication isn't ideal – no one is going to know their exact script, xp, etc beforehand and then see that it has increased when they log back in. Trick and I were just talking and we need a better way to communicate this (but there are some nuances for offline people).

Also Note: I am not saying everything is working. We have found an issue with scoring and rewards which has affected players based on other reports in this thread (and we have verified the issue occurring with Odessa, Fuzzle, and Carlone). This is different from cashing out in that someone affected by this issue will not see a “Total Score” displayed during an event and will see no kills and no score when the scoreboard appears at the end of the event.

We are investigating the cause of this issue actively right now, and we’ve isolated in our logs their specific cases and that is helping immensely in tracking down this issue.

* For those who are interested: The Defiance game client implements the Sony crash reporting service – which means we receive (anonymous) PS3 client crash reports/core dumps for Defiance when your PS3 Defiance client crashes. I’ve created a bug for this specific crash (I haven’t had a chance to get the actual stack trace yet to see why its crashing).

Etaew
05-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Note: I realize that this Cash Out communication isn't ideal – no one is going to know their exact script, xp, etc beforehand and then see that it has increased when they log back in. Trick and I were just talking and we need a better way to communicate this (but there are some nuances for offline people).

It's almost like we have this entire claims system which can hold items :p Although granted not keys / x amount of salvage / arkforge.

Amack
05-22-2014, 05:49 PM
This thread is also full of win.

jennifergone
05-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Time: 8:41 P.M.
Date: 5-22-14
Event: Kenn Farm Incursion
Name: Jennifergone

I arrived at Kenn Farm at stage 8 and upon completion I got no pop-up screen with the scores and rewards. I did not receive any rewards,keys etc. At the top of my screen it is stuck with the timer at 00:00:00 halfway in sage 22. I did have a score and was killing things.

carlgone
05-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Time: 8:53
Event: Scrapper Uprising
Name: Carlgone

It has done it to me again, a score of 0, in 2st place in the second screen and almost 1.8Mil in dmg on the first screen on the above event.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 07:34 PM
*snip*

Also Note: I am not saying everything is working. We have found an issue with scoring and rewards which has affected players based on other reports in this thread (and we have verified the issue occurring with Odessa, Fuzzle, and Carlone). This is different from cashing out in that someone affected by this issue will not see a “Total Score” displayed during an event and will see no kills and no score when the scoreboard appears at the end of the event.

We are investigating the cause of this issue actively right now, and we’ve isolated in our logs their specific cases and that is helping immensely in tracking down this issue.

* For those who are interested: The Defiance game client implements the Sony crash reporting service – which means we receive (anonymous) PS3 client crash reports/core dumps for Defiance when your PS3 Defiance client crashes. I’ve created a bug for this specific crash (I haven’t had a chance to get the actual stack trace yet to see why its crashing).Curious to what you have found concerning mine. The one that started this thread.

B_Draco
05-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Time: 5:30-5:45 p.m.
Event: Commandeer Cronkite expert co-op
Platform: PS3

I got booted twice. First time around I had around 30k points, then get DCed because I couldn't switch or fire my weapons. I get back and have 0 points...

Second time I have around 10k points, and get DCed again with the same problem as before... I then come back, kill Daig and only come out with around 5k points...

PhantasieTrion
05-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Curious to what you have found concerning mine. The one that started this thread.

Hi Reb

I myself didn’t look into your report today, but I realize you’ve had your share of Defiance difficulties, and you started this thread – so I took a look tonight.

I’ll assume you are EST since your publically viewable location is listed as FL.

Here’s a quick summary of some of your activity as I see it in/around early morning on the 20th. I didn’t include it all, since me rehashing what you did doesn’t help.

10:33 PM – Login/Auth
11:03/11:07 PM – You did a couple incursions around the South Radio Tower
11:31 PM – Login/Auth
12:32 AM – You did an Arkfall and got a score of 112k, 750 scrip, 17 keys, 8 arkforge and 56k XP
12:35 AM – Login/Auth
1:28 AM – Login/Auth
1:48 AM – Dark Matter Arkfall with, ironically, a similar score – 116k, 755 scrip, 17 keys, 8 arkforge and 58k xp.
2:17 AM – Finished Explosions 101
3:10 AM – You did an Arkfall and got a score of 62k, 418 scrip, 9 keys, 3 arkforge and 31k XP
// … etc

Unfortunately, I didn’t see any participation/rewards for you for Kenn Farms.

I did a query for Kenn Farms events that took place on some of the PS3-NA servers you were on (you bounced around a bit because of DC’s), and they occurred, yet you aren’t listed.

10:31 PM
10:45 PM
11:58 PM
12:39 AM
etc

So it looks to me like this is a problem - we will need to spend more time digging into why you aren’t reported, but that will take a detailed analysis of the logs.

Sorry I don’t have anything concrete.

Note: Its (kinda) late and I’m VPN’ed in which is slow- so it’s quite possible I’ve missed something.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Hi Reb

I myself didn’t look into your report today, but I realize you’ve had your share of Defiance difficulties, and you started this thread – so I took a look tonight.

I’ll assume you are EST since your publically viewable location is listed as FL.

Here’s a quick summary of some of your activity as I see it in/around early morning on the 20th. I didn’t include it all, since me rehashing what you did doesn’t help.

10:33 PM – Login/Auth
11:03/11:07 PM – You did a couple incursions around the South Radio Tower
11:31 PM – Login/Auth
12:32 AM – You did an Arkfall and got a score of 112k, 750 scrip, 17 keys, 8 arkforge and 56k XP
12:35 AM – Login/Auth
1:28 AM – Login/Auth
1:48 AM – Dark Matter Arkfall with, ironically, a similar score – 116k, 755 scrip, 17 keys, 8 arkforge and 58k xp.
2:17 AM – Finished Explosions 101
3:10 AM – You did an Arkfall and got a score of 62k, 418 scrip, 9 keys, 3 arkforge and 31k XP
// … etc

Unfortunately, I didn’t see any participation/rewards for you for Kenn Farms.

I did a query for Kenn Farms events that took place on some of the PS3-NA servers you were on (you bounced around a bit because of DC’s), and they occurred, yet you aren’t listed.

10:31 PM
10:45 PM
11:58 PM
12:39 AM
etc

So it looks to me like this is a problem - we will need to spend more time digging into why you aren’t reported, but that will take a detailed analysis of the logs.

Sorry I don’t have anything concrete.

Note: Its (kinda) late and I’m VPN’ed in which is slow- so it’s quite possible I’ve missed something.I appreciate it. It would have been after the 3:10 arkfall. I was reminded this evening that I pulled an EGO 5192 Nano-less Thunder as a reward. So, there was a bit of consolation...I don't know if the reward helps find the event.

Market
05-23-2014, 02:29 AM
I just ran into an issue with this as well... I think.

Time: 3:00am MT (Server Restart)
Date: 5/23/14
Event: Dark Matter Arkfall near Last Chance
Name: Yanna Walkingbear [Market]

The restart occurred when we were 2/3rds through the Monolith. I don't recall my score, but logging back in I find my Key total had not risen. I'm not certain about the XP total I had before, but the lack of Key Codes lead me to think that the cash out system didn't take when we were all booted for the restart.

Thanks!!

drackiller
05-23-2014, 02:35 AM
That is true, but that's just how it is now. They changed it so when you get DCed or port to a friend or go into a PvP match or anything like that, you are guarenteed your rewards (if you don't make it back in time for the end of the event).
In the end, it doesn't matter if you have 30k score once, then get DCed and then make another 100k or if you make 130k in total.
You get the same rewards (besides the guns you get when you stay there until the event ends) since they lowered the total amounf of score you need to get any Arkforge at all.

That was what I was not sure off.
Thanks for clarifing that to me. I am not playing on a console, so I didn't know if being DCed would give you your rewards you're supposed to get.
It matters because i always lose Keys and Arkforge in the process.
And like dramaQkarri said, because we don`t get the "cash out"...

I`m not complaining for anything else.

CRIXDA
05-23-2014, 04:17 AM
So.
Amack was dead on when he said that this thread was full of wiin. 250 pts to Gryfyndor.
It is refreshing to see cooperation like this going on in such a positive way and individual problems being addressed. That just makes someone feel like they are cared about and it reinforces what I am saying about the CMs at The Company. I am not aware of whence comes PhantasieTrion but I am happy that You have appeared, whoever You may be.
Life; indeed, is just a fantasy.

CRIXDA
05-23-2014, 04:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQgfaB3S1c&feature=kp

I am glad that PhantasieTrion is around. I don't know where You swooped in from but I am very glad that You did!
And Amack, You are correct - this thread is full of win. 275 pts to Gryfyndor.

UnknownHinson
05-23-2014, 04:53 AM
Date: 5-23-14
Time: 7:46 A.M (EST).
Online Handle: UnknownHinson

Ported to a friend from Bolinas (after siege). No score appeared on the screen. The scoreboard showed no kills but did have damage. I did receive weapon rewards but no currencies.

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 07:37 AM
Hi DramaQkarri

Thanks for the details. I took a look at the logs for this case.

First:

You say “5/22/2014 around 8 p.m. central”. I assume you mean 5/21/2014?
Sorry for the long post

Here is a timeline for what I believe is the event you are talking about:

5:57 PM CT – You authorized with Defiance
6:01 PM CT – A Dark Matter Extraction Arkfall started on the game server you are bound to
6:03 PM CT – You entered the game world as Tempest Solo
6:XX PM CT – You report that you DC’ed then crashed.
I wasn't able to find an exact log for the Disconnect (which bugs me).
The crash, however, would not be in our logs so this is expected
6:32 PM CT – A PS3 player using the US-Disc version of Defiance crashed (hardlocked). I think this was likely you.*
6:39 PM CT – The Dark Matter Extraction Arkfall ended (with 62 participants).
6:39 PM CT – The Cash Out triggered (You were offline).
6:39 PM CT – You had a total score 384,517 (nice!). You received:

2563 scrip
41 Keys
35 Arkforge
192,258 xp
NOTE: I cross referenced our log print of you receiving this with the actual database set/write for your characters inventory. They matched.

6:44 PM CT – You authorized and logged back into Defiance

As far as I can tell, this is a case of Cash Out working as intended. You earned 300+k rewards but were offline when the event completed, so we applied your rewards while you were offline.
You would not have seen the cash out message, since you were offline when it got sent (and we don’t cache it). Did you notice if your keys increased and/or where maxed upon logging back in?

* For those who are interested: The Defiance game client implements the Sony crash reporting service – which means we receive (anonymous) PS3 client crash reports/core dumps for Defiance when your PS3 Defiance client crashes. I’ve created a bug for this specific crash (I haven’t had a chance to get the actual stack trace yet to see why its crashing).

YES dang it I mean 5/21 for the date (yeesh).

No apologies necessary for the long post. I appreciate your thoroughness.

Yes anytime there is a PS3 login on my account it is definitely me. I do have 4 Defiance toons but am almost always playing as Tempest Solo.

I could've sworn the timeline was at least an hour or two later than what you found in the logs...but I could be wrong. It seems to me I wasn't at the event long enough to accumulate the rewards you mentioned finding. You sure there's nothing else? Hmmmmm...at any rate I do remember when I logged in after the crash, that I had nothing.

As far as receiving rewards upon relogging, nope. It may have reported those were my earnings but I'm certain I didn't have any 41 more keycodes on me when I logged back in. I've been keeping track like a HAWK of my keycodes and arkforge because I'm using them as fast as I get them (still hungry). So something is still wrong...the cashout system is not actually granting what it says we've earned, I'm absolutely certain. Can you not see any info on how many keycodes I had in my possession before and after the crash? I would wish you could - regardless of what the cash out says I'm certain I didn't get 41 more cuz I'd remember THAT for sure.

This issue could be related to the sporadic "other" two problems:

1) an event ends and the rewards screen reports (for example), that I get 9 keycodes and 6 arkforge plus 3 green guns. I always get the guns BUT only sometimes, sporadically, I don't get the keys and forge it tells me I'm supposed to get. This issue began with 1.509 patch, seems better since 1.510 patch, but still is not completely gone.

2) an event ends and the rewards screen reports "no rewards". The scoreboard shows no kills, etc. but a HUGE score in the hundreds of thousands. This also is sporadic, in fact since patch 1.510 I see this more often than the ungranted rewards.

There must be some mysterious warehouse somewhere that's full of lost keys & forge...

Thanks for the response PLEASE TRACK THIS SHTACKO DOWN!! :D

PhantasieTrion
05-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Quick FYI - I'm OOO today, so I likely won't have any further updates. Others are looking into it still.

MAMGRIZZLY
05-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Ark hunters,

Some clarification on the “cash out” function.

• Extracting
• Fast Traveling

Cheers,

Trick Dempsey

^Edited for length
So if I leave a Kenn Farms Incursion &fast travel to a vendor to sell my scrap weapons, then jump back to a friend @KF, staying in the same phase/shard then I should retain my score/keys/arkforge and not "cash out." This is not happening.

B4Ugo
05-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Second time was about 5 min ago both at final circle of incursion

Market
05-23-2014, 12:22 PM
I know this isn't exactly on topic, but it's about event rewards -- or the lack thereof -- so I figured I'd shoehorn this in here.

I would be adding screenshots of this, but for some reason all I'm getting from them is a black screen. I tested my software and it's working out elsewhere, just not to take a screen of Defiance for some reason.

Anyway, here's the details:

Time: 1:10pm MT
Date: 5/23/14
Event: Hellbug Minor Arkfall in Sausalito
Name: Yanna Walkingbear [Market]

It was between Seascape Farms and Field Road Overlook, I was alone at the event, and scored somewhere in the 120k range. However, the reward screen popped up with "No Rewards". Also interesting that I had a score with 0 kills.

Another Arkfall just popped up in the same location, Raiders this time, so I'm going to do that one and see what happens. I'm still unable to take screens for some reason, it just comes up as a black background.

Edit:

I finished the Raider minor and received normal rewards for the event. Now that I'm thinking about it, my score was not being shown next to the minimap during the Hellbug AF.

PhantasieTrion
05-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Hi Arkhunters

Normally I wouldn't want to give out details until we have a confirmed fix, however in this case I think this update is worth giving to you all.

QA reproduced a case today of no rewards being given out. For this occurrence of it, Teleporting looks to be the key ( :) ).
While there is no fix yet, getting a reproducible case is a huge help. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Here are the specifics from the bug:

"DEF:Gameplay - if a user teleports from a conflict site directly into an arkfall site, then the player will most likely not have a recorded score and won't receive any rewards at the end of the event."
(and yes, there is ambiguity in the "will most likely"; this needs, and will, be narrowed down to exactly what causes it)

PS: I'm not saying this is the only bug impacting everyone, but this is certainly a situation where rewards are not given out.

Odessa
05-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi Arkhunters

Normally I wouldn't want to give out details until we have a confirmed fix, however in this case I think this update is worth giving to you all.

QA reproduced a case today of no rewards being given out. For this occurrence of it, Teleporting looks to be the key ( :) ).
While there is no fix yet, getting a reproducible case is a huge help. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

"DEF:Gameplay - if a user teleports from a conflict site directly into an arkfall site, then the player will most likely not have a recorded score and won't receive any rewards at the end of the event."
(and yes, there is ambiguity in the "will most likely"; this needs, and will, be narrowed down to exactly what causes it)

PS: I'm not saying this is the only bug impacting everyone, but this is certainly a situation where rewards are not given out.

Awesome update! Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. At this stage are they saying that fast traveling from one event to the next may cause the issue for some, which means it's best to either drive to a marker or fast travel to a *save spot* before venturing to another event?

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi Arkhunters

I'll keep that in mind - and let my friends and clanmates know that instead of fast travelling to each other IN the arkfall we'll try to be outside the outer red circle when we gather to avoid losing rewards. We'll keep an eye on rewards from both types of getting there. It's hard to not fast treval directly into arkfall cuz we're often in different phases. Another option is to fast travel in to sync up phase, score no points, and then fast travel away to the nearest regular point (i.e. overpass) and drive back instead. I'll do some experiments. Thanks for the info!

PhantasieTrion
05-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Awesome update! Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. At this stage are they saying that fast traveling from one event to the next may cause the issue for some, which means it's best to either drive to a marker or fast travel to a *save spot* before venturing to another event?

Hi Odessa

I'm not in the office today, so I can't talk to QA in person. However things like "goto friend", "fast travel", etc would fall under teleporting. If you avoid doing those directly into an Arkfall, you should be ok. Driving should be fine.

That said, please take this with a grain of salt. In that - normally we wouldn't want to give out information until we have 100% confirmed exactly what and why its happening, to avoid any miscommunication (which is why im saying "should" above :) ).
However since this is a bug that is impacting players, and there is a long thread on it, we wanted to give out an update on where we are at. Make sense?

Odessa
05-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi Odessa

I'm not in the office today, so I can't talk to QA in person. However things like "goto friend", "fast travel", etc would fall under teleporting. If you avoid doing those directly into an Arkfall, you should be ok. Driving should be fine.

That said, please take this with a grain of salt. In that - normally we wouldn't want to give out information until we have 100% confirmed exactly what and why its happening, to avoid any miscommunication (which is why im saying "should" above :) ).
However since this is a bug that is impacting players, and there is a long thread on it, we wanted to give out an update on where we are at. Make sense?

Absolutely. I just figure that until they can narrow it down it's good to know of a possible way to *maybe* get by. Gain of salt = grain of hope it's moving to be being fixed. Since most clansmates/friends post in chat when they are at an incursion, arkfall, WM so others can join in it's probably a bigger issue than is mentioned. Trying to cut down the loss even a smidgen is a win for me.

Have a wonderful day off and thanks again for the post.

Lucent
05-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Just now (2:43am Central), X360 NA, Dark Matter Arkfall in San Francisco.
My score never would show on screen (not zero or anything at all).
My results were no kills and no rewards:

http://i.imgur.com/W88ov1u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eqewgSO.jpg

PhantasieTrion
05-24-2014, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQgfaB3S1c&feature=kp

I am glad that PhantasieTrion is around. I don't know where You swooped in from but I am very glad that You did!
And Amack, You are correct - this thread is full of win. 275 pts to Gryfyndor.

@Crixda - A good Canadian band :) I'm a big classic rock fan.

@Reb - Yes, knowing what weapon you got helps. We can search backward from we awarded that item type to people to see when the event took place.

@Drama - We will keep digging - I want to find this Shatako too :)

@Etaew - Yes, we discussed using claims. There is the arkforge side of it, plus it would likely open up a means to transfer currencies between characters.

rebtattoo
05-24-2014, 11:32 PM
@Crixda - A good Canadian band :) I'm a big classic rock fan.

@Reb - Yes, knowing what weapon you got helps. We can search backward from we awarded that item type to people to see when the event took place.

@Drama - We will keep digging - I want to find this Shatako too :)

@Etaew - Yes, we discussed using claims. There is the arkforge side of it, plus it would likely open up a means to transfer currencies between characters.Cool. I hope it helps.

Fuzzy
05-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Haven't heard anything in the last few days in this thread here.
If you still need more information:

Server: PC EU
Event: Major Scrapper
Character: Fuzzy12
When: ~9:15PM CEST
What: Ported to a friend of mine who was in a Scrapper endboss. Had no score, got no keys and Arkforge as a result.

Hope some of this information helps finding the issue if you haven't found it already ;)

dramaQkarri
05-27-2014, 12:27 PM
I noticed on Sunday night that the "cash out" worked. I DC'd with 20 keys or something as I had made CERTAIN to keep an eye on it, and when I got back online I had 6 or so more keys. Sorry I don't have details on exactly when/where and what I was doing, but it was a run of the mill Dark Matter Arkfall DC. Yesterday I wasn't having very many DC issues (for once).

PhantasieTrion
05-27-2014, 12:28 PM
It's being looked into right now - hope to have an update in the next day or two on progress.

Fuzzy
05-27-2014, 12:32 PM
It's being looked into right now - hope to have an update in the next day or two on progress.

Thanks for the answer! I hope it gets fixed soon :)

rebtattoo
05-27-2014, 12:36 PM
The cash out seems to be working for some now.

I noticed the same as fuzzy though. If you pot to a friend in the instance, the chance of not having a score or any rewards is pretty high. Our clan has taken to having someone stand right outside the circle to be ported to. Extremely annoying.

Amack
05-27-2014, 02:16 PM
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there are multiple people in my clan that are running into this issue randomly throughout each day of playing. A few of them have created tickets and received no response so another member went to live support and here is the response.

GM ---: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM ---. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.

---: hi there

GM ---: Hello! How may I assist you today?

---: im having an issue recieving arkforge from seiges and incursions.... i havent got a single piece from any i have done... didnt know i should be until one of my clan mates told me about it today...

---: is this a known issue? is there anything that can be done about it?

GM ---: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. I will be more than happy to assist you in any way I can! In order to do so, I'm going to need to collect some information from you. May I please have the e-mail that is associated with the account you are having the issue with?

---: of course, it is ---

GM ---: Great, thanks! Just a moment while I retrieve your account information.

---: no problem :-)

---: also i'd like to add that i am receiving all other rewards, weapon drops, keycodes, etc... only issue i have is the arkforge

GM ---: Thanks. Just a few more moments please.

---: no problem, take your time :-)

GM ---: Thanks for your patience. We are aware of this issue with not all rewards being provided properly. Back on the 20th, we provided all players who had been online recently with 100 Arkforge and a veteran lockbox as a thank you for your patience as we work to get this issue resolved. While I can't provide any additional arkforge that you would have received, our developers are working as quickly as possible to implement a fix.

---: ok, so pretty much just avoid seiges and incursions until then, i assume? ( as the only reason i do them is for the rewards lol)

GM ---: You're more than welcome to continue participating in them for the other rewards, but if you'd prefer to avoid them, that's fine.

GM ---: May I assist you with anything else?

---: ok thank you, hopefully this will be resolved soon, i appreciate your time, hope they implement higher "patience" rewards after it's fixed though as im sure i've missed out on WAY more than 100 arkforge lol, thank you again :-)

---: nope i think thats it, thanks for your time :-)

GM ---: Great! Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds.

Let me make sure I have this correct then... People lost out on tons of rewards previously and in order to compensate those players you provided 100 arkforge as an apology. Now that you have failed to correct the issue entirely and people are still missing out on deserved rewards, you will not be providing any further compensation?

PhantasieTrion
05-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi Amack

Let me make sure I have this correct then... People lost out on tons of rewards previously and in order to compensate those players you provided 100 arkforge as an apology.

For accuracy, it was 100 Arkforge and a Veteran lockbox.

Now that you have failed to correct the issue entirely and people are still missing out on deserved rewards, you will not be providing any further compensation?

Doing a mass grant to the entire player base over a 1-2 weeks period isn't something a GM would make the call on. That is something Trick, Scapes, or myself, etc would.

Before making a final call on this, I would prefer to fully understand the problem and have a confirmed fix ready to go (or ideally deployed), so that we know both the time frame and the numbers potentially affected.
While are aren't there yet, we are working on it. (see details earlier in this thread).

That said (given the frustration you and and others are experiencing), I can certainly confirm: We will do a makeup for the continued issues with scores not being rewarded properly. Exact details will follow.

drackiller
05-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Well last night on PS3 EU around 22:16 GMT i was disconnected from the WM at the very end.
The Monkey was almost dead, less than a minute to end , no lag and BAMMM...disco time. We were there for a long long time waiting and it`s refreshing to see that, at least that, there have been no lockbreaking in these last 2 days that i`ve played the warmaster. Beeing deprived from my rewards this way is very frustrating.

Needless to say that i won nothing because of that and yes, the WM was defeated in that instance.

Amack
05-28-2014, 02:07 AM
Thank you for the response Phantasie. I have passed the word along to my fellow clan members and they also thank you. TBH, we can't seem to make head or tails of what is going on either, otherwise we would be more than happy to help troubleshoot the issue for you and the rest of the team. If we do happen to stumble upon anything concrete I will be sure to let you know.

Odessa
05-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Amack

Doing a mass grant to the entire player base over a 1-2 weeks period isn't something a GM would make the call on. That is something Trick, Scapes, or myself, etc would.

Before making a final call on this, I would prefer to fully understand the problem and have a confirmed fix ready to go (or ideally deployed), so that we know both the time frame and the numbers potentially affected.
While are aren't there yet, we are working on it. (see details earlier in this thread).

That said (given the frustration you and and others are experiencing), I can certainly confirm: We will do a makeup for the continued issues with scores not being rewarded properly. Exact details will follow.

Awesome! I have been neglectful in reporting simply because I tend to phase/event hop a lot. I have posted a few, though.

PhantasieTrion
05-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Update: We have a fix for the teleport related portion of this. Given the tight timelines, we looking at this going out with F2P.

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Update: We have a fix for the teleport related portion of this. Given the tight timelines, we looking at this going out with F2P.

I put in a bug report last night right away when the event below happened.
I'm skeptical on the teleport causing the issue of no rewards - at least with minor arkfalls - and here's why:

Tempest Solo / PS3 NA
5/28 around 8 p.m. central time (within an hour either way)
Mt. Tam near K-TAM power station

Fresh login - at Bloodbath Gorge when I spawned. I had just fast traveled there intending to drive to the daily Paradise contract at K-TAM when I got the DC so it was my location when I restarted the game. I did go all the way back out, not just to the start screen. So anyway, as I was on my way DRIVING to K-TAM from Bloodbath, there was a minor mutant arkfall pretty much in my way so I figured I'd stop to do it. There were two low ego players there and I was trying to let them have the kills, but kept mowing everything down so I'm SURE I got at least 10-20 kills. When it ended, all the numbers were zero except for the score which was just under 300,000 points. It also said "no rewards". My name was on the scoreboard too...very strange. To clarify, there was NO fast travelling involved - fresh restart with driving only.

This is the second time that this happened to me at a minor arkfall, the first time was last week to the east of Coit Tower. There was no fast travelling involved in that one either; I drove there from Coit.

Quebra Regra
05-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi Amack

Since you mentioned the VETERAN boxen, a point of clarification please,

Why did some players get a hood, which appears to be a re-colour of a survivalist hood, from a veteran boxen?

Can you please provide a detailed breakdown of exactly what a VETERAN lockbox can contain? Might as well detail the other boxes as well.

Thanks.

Etaew
05-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Can you please provide a detailed breakdown of exactly what a VETERAN lockbox can contain? Might as well detail the other boxes as well.

It's been requested, but community contributed information so far:

Veteran Supply Crate (4) - http://www.defiancedata.com/clothing.php?veteran
Survivalist Supply Crate (3) - http://www.defiancedata.com/clothing.php?survivalist
Machinist Supply Crate (0) - http://www.defiancedata.com/clothing.php?machinist
Outlaw Supply Crate (0) - http://www.defiancedata.com/clothing.php?outlaw

Coyote Clive
05-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi Amack

How about you just give us unlimited arkforge? You know? Like it was FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR before you invented it.

dramaQkarri
05-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Bump. Meh. progress halted. radio silence. madface.

Odessa
05-30-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm actually okay with them working on June 4th first. Remember... new = chaos. Let's just get through the nightmare and keep this thread tagged for afterwards. PT has a great track record to date so I have faith that they'll jump in as they can. *crosses fingers*

Egyptia
05-30-2014, 02:53 PM
I have tested it amd for the most part you will het the rewards if disconnected, minus weapons.

PhantasieTrion
05-30-2014, 10:16 PM
We are still working on this, and as I said the other day we have a fix in place for the teleport portion of this bug.
I'm sorry we don't have more updates, but its quite busy with trying to get F2P out.

TrickDempsey
06-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Our recent scoring fixes have been incredibly effective at narrowing down issues with the system. Since scoring was introduced, we’ve been defeating one scoring bug after another. With Wednesday's upcoming patch, we’re hammering on another issue which has been discovered by our intrepid community.

Our Conflict Sites are heavily phased. Getting near one adds you to phased version of the world so that the events within the conflict site do not get overwhelmed with players. (Based on the size of the Conflict Site, this player limit can range from 8 to 12.) Additionally, these phases “lock” and do not allow additional players after a certain point in the fight. (Usually when the first set of objectives is completed.)

The issue our community discovered had to do with this phasing. Characters leaving phased areas were not being properly added to the scoring of dynamic events. (Arkfalls, Incursions, not sieges... they’re special.) This would happen when a character entered the radius of the event when they were still in the phase. When this happened, the event would go “hey, should I start tracking you?”, and the character would go “well, I’m in a phase right now, so no thanks.” Then the character would leave the phase and never cry out “Hey arkfall, I’d like points now.” We’ve updated the logic so that players are still added to the dynamic event for scoring, but they only earn points in the dynamic event when they have left their phase.

N3gativeCr33p
06-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Our recent scoring fixes have been incredibly effective at narrowing down issues with the system. Since scoring was introduced, we’ve been defeating one scoring bug after another. With Wednesday's upcoming patch, we’re hammering on another issue which has been discovered by our intrepid community.

Our Conflict Sites are heavily phased. Getting near one adds you to phased version of the world so that the events within the conflict site do not get overwhelmed with players. (Based on the size of the Conflict Site, this player limit can range from 8 to 12.) Additionally, these phases “lock” and do not allow additional players after a certain point in the fight. (Usually when the first set of objectives is completed.)

The issue our community discovered had to do with this phasing. Characters leaving phased areas were not being properly added to the scoring of dynamic events. (Arkfalls, Incursions, not sieges... they’re special.) This would happen when a character entered the radius of the event when they were still in the phase. When this happened, the event would go “hey, should I start tracking you?”, and the character would go “well, I’m in a phase right now, so no thanks.” Then the character would leave the phase and never cry out “Hey arkfall, I’d like points now.” We’ve updated the logic so that players are still added to the dynamic event for scoring, but they only earn points in the dynamic event when they have left their phase.

Sounds good... hope it all works as well as you have planned.

Odessa
06-02-2014, 12:07 PM

I am curious as to what happens when an Arkfall/incursion overlaps a phase. I try to steer clear areas if only not to grief someone, but when there's an Arkfall or Incursion involved I end up going through phases to get to the next objective.

Zhedda
06-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Date: 6/2/2014
Time: 9:21 PM CST
Event: Scrapper Uprising
Name: Aellura

Got teleported today the split second before the boss died. I was literally shooting at the Progenator when it was about to die then got teleported to Overpass before the kill shot landed, and bonus points were awarded. Got *some* points, but I ended up with a score around 64K which was over 50-100K shy of where I would have been if I had gotten credit for the boss. Got some rewards but not as much as I should have.

drackiller
06-03-2014, 01:44 AM
I am curious as to what happens when an Arkfall/incursion overlaps a phase. I try to steer clear areas if only not to grief someone, but when there's an Arkfall or Incursion involved I end up going through phases to get to the next objective.

It happened to me yesterday in Frisco. I did most of the emergencies alone at TL2, yeah TL2. Then it stoped when it overlaped with a Major Scrapper Arkfall. Only after the arkfall finished the incursion reinitiated and what wonders me most was the fact that i did that incursion all alone till near the Bath house.
In there i was a bit nasty, but that is the game forcing me to do that, i entered the Siege and got out. First place without any stage in the siege, i rather have my score intact than wasting it in the siege itself.