PDA

View Full Version : 75 recoil ? Or 1.05 DMG ? On SAW

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Ok ladies & gents , I know this is pretty much down to personal preference & play style , but I'm torn between the two . I have a frontier saw it's bio : hard boiled : 1.05 mag : 10 recoil: 85 reload : 10 ego on reload : 10 DMG . I have a t5 external recoil & a t5 powerbore the damage is at 5614 : the recoil is 0.32 : I was going for 1.05 DMG which would bring it to 5894 from 5614 . After rerolling it about a dozen times I got a 75 recoil which brung the recoil down to a 0.16 , I gotta say I never fired a more accurate saw . I'm pretty much just looking for some feed back on what you guys would prefer on your SAW . Thanx

mcshulte
05-20-2014, 04:59 PM
I woukd take the recoil.

Seizan
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
keep the recoil dude. nice saw btw!

sure the extra 1.05 dmg would look good on paper, but practicality wise the 0.75 recoil will help you dish out more DPS in the long run as more of your shots will connect.

maverick07
05-20-2014, 05:08 PM
I would take the recoil as well. You can't go wrong with either on most weapons, but for a SAW, I'd definitely take that recoil mastery.

I would also go Assault Scope on that SAW if you haven't done the scope yet. I used to do Stab Sights on everything but the Assault Scope can tighten up those crosshairs while aiming even more.

BarrySciFi
05-20-2014, 05:09 PM
It depends. If you are using a stab scope, you can get by with a little less recoil reduction because you aren't doing any shooting from a distance. If, like me, you use a tactical scope then you will want more recoil reduction to accurately fire the whole magazine while shooting from a distance. The recoil reduction you have is not sufficient to accurately fire the whole clip while scope shooting. Incidentally, I have recoil reduction as the experience roll on my perforator for the same reason- I use a tactical scope and an orange recoil V is not sufficient recoil reduction on it's own.

idonthideiblaze
05-20-2014, 05:11 PM
About that saw if ur e5500 is trade the world...lol but I got a few ars an arms is trade for that saw hit me up...oh an recoil is the best Wat the point of hi dmg if u can't hit broad side of barn

Seizan
05-20-2014, 05:13 PM
This is just personal experience but I used to put stab sight on everything...until I tested it out one day and it seems like stab sight is only good for weapons that perform well while hip-firing (tachmags, pulsers, blast rifles). Assault Scope, Tactical Scope, and even Commando Scope are better for weapons that you hard-aim. I'd go with either Assault Scope or Tactical for a SAW.

maverick07
05-20-2014, 05:15 PM
The recoil reduction you have is not sufficient to accurately fire the whole clip while scope shooting.

No SAW or FRC Assault Carbine is really. I have shot several negative recoil versions of both and the crosshairs will still spread out because of the bloom the two weapons have.

Unless the actual scopes (Commando and Tactical) get rid of that bloom while shooting them? Honestly I haven't experimented with those scopes enough on those weapons to notice.

ConcreteSnake
05-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Personally id take the recoil, much better for the weapon. The x1.05 dmg is nice but it will be much less than you think because its is applied to the base damage before the mods and/or rolls, so whatever the damage was before the mod you added and the x1.10 dmg that is on it so it will be about half of what you think it is going to be, maybe less.

Lillith Valerian
05-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Keep the recoil.

idonthideiblaze
05-20-2014, 05:19 PM
10-15 round burst...no gun is accurate when u hold the trigger down take that from a military man

Jaydogg
05-20-2014, 05:32 PM
recoil definatly. landing more shots accurately increases your dps more than .05 dmg will

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-20-2014, 06:09 PM
First of all Id like to say thanx for all the feed back ,much appreciated . I was torn between the two , I will definitely stick with the recoil, it just makes sense on the saw & the more accurate the more DPS like seizan said , I will definitely try the tac scope again , I used it all the time , it was on all my saws when it had the red triangle kind of like the heavy carbine but better , then trion decided to take it out of the game , so I went to the stab , thanx again .

ConcreteSnake
05-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Yeah for tho gun stab sight does nothing, if you read the card a stab sight doe -0.30 accuracy and all the other ones say -0.30 AIM accuracy and it makes a huge difference. Stab = hip fire, all others = aim fire

Leummas
05-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Go with the recoil. If you can keep that sucker trained on a NPC or Player, it can be a powerful thing.

konstantinov
05-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Recoil for sure.

BarrySciFi
05-20-2014, 06:32 PM
No SAW or FRC Assault Carbine is really. I have shot several negative recoil versions of both and the crosshairs will still spread out because of the bloom the two weapons have.

Unless the actual scopes (Commando and Tactical) get rid of that bloom while shooting them? Honestly I haven't experimented with those scopes enough on those weapons to notice.

I always enjoy your incite. :)

Olaf
05-20-2014, 07:18 PM
So for a SAW with -0.01 bloom, you guys would recommend the Assault Scope? That does not add a horrible sniper view right? Cant stand snipers lol. My SAW is negative recoil and while its extremely accurate for a SAW, if you hold the trigger down for the entire magazine it still gets a bit hairy =)
Oh and one more thing, does anyone know if its possible to roll accuracy as a mastery roll?

Bentu
05-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Going against the flow here as I'd go for dmg, you've got a T5 recoil stock on it so when it starts to bounce just let off the trigger for a second. Start shootin again and you'll be good to go.