PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Vendor Full Synergy Mod Hoard

Combo Breaker
05-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I purchased this today and received 2 blue and 2 green mods.:confused: The mod hoard that used to be in it gave epic mods. Why does it give random mods now?

That is a lot of rep to waste for 2 blue and 2 green mods.

boogiejive
05-20-2014, 06:40 PM
you can still get epics but im sure its a low chance

cary2010haha
05-20-2014, 06:47 PM
they are same as bits one. :P start from green, and take you 700bits

Bentu
05-20-2014, 07:31 PM
It's a shame to get shafted but what else is there to spend the rep on?

Combo Breaker
05-21-2014, 04:23 AM
It's a shame to get shafted but what else is there to spend the rep on?

I know, but I was running off the assumption it functioned like it used to, giving epic mods.

Pandur
05-21-2014, 04:43 AM
Because they thought people were sick of getting purple mods that you had to inspect before knowing they were useless.
Now you know that you will only get useless mods when buying the box.
Much simpler that way!

Alternatively.....because grenades.

EternalRain
05-21-2014, 04:46 AM
I think there's a difference between a "Full synergy Mod horde" and an "Epic Mod Horde". But yea...I don't even bother because the payoff for a catalyst mag with syn seems to be worth more atm.

Combo Breaker
05-21-2014, 05:12 AM
I think there's a difference between a "Full synergy Mod horde" and an "Epic Mod Horde". But yea...I don't even bother because the payoff for a catalyst mag with syn seems to be worth more atm.

Someone else mentioned that to me.

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 07:32 AM

There is. Epic = all 4 purple. Full synergy = who knows what but not all purple - if any purple is even in the mod RNG.

For some reason, The Company has chosen to keep a chokehold on the mod supply. I can't understand why they don't simply put all mods of all rarities & all synergies into the cash store. People would BUY them and that cash influx would be welcome I'm sure.

As it stands now, the only people making a profit from mods are the traders or those lucky enough to get a nice random once in awhile. None of these transactions put money into Trion's pockets. There is a serious flaw in their economic theory.

If they're afraid that the market would become saturated with mods? Not likely that would happen for a long time, if ever. We try mods, don't like them, try another barrel or sight, etc. as each gun is unique. And we're always getting another new OJ needing mods.

BJWyler
05-21-2014, 09:30 AM
There is. Epic = all 4 purple. Full synergy = who knows what but not all purple - if any purple is even in the mod RNG.

For some reason, The Company has chosen to keep a chokehold on the mod supply. I can't understand why they don't simply put all mods of all rarities & all synergies into the cash store. People would BUY them and that cash influx would be welcome I'm sure.

As it stands now, the only people making a profit from mods are the traders or those lucky enough to get a nice random once in awhile. None of these transactions put money into Trion's pockets. There is a serious flaw in their economic theory.

If they're afraid that the market would become saturated with mods? Not likely that would happen for a long time, if ever. We try mods, don't like them, try another barrel or sight, etc. as each gun is unique. And we're always getting another new OJ needing mods.

Probably something to do with "longer, more fulfilling chase." Besides, I can just see the outraged QQing now about P2W if they offered specific mods for sale in the bit store.

Personally, I have never much cared all that much about RNG things in games, but for some reason, the implementation here leaves a lot to be desired. Quite frankly, they need to offer all current mods in game both directly from vendors and from the bit store so that players can get the exact mods they want/need for a specific weapon without wasting time waiting for a vendor special (that may never come) and have their choice of spending time in game to earn the required rep or money in the bits store if time is short.

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Probably something to do with "longer, more fulfilling chase." Besides, I can just see the outraged QQing now about P2W if they offered specific mods for sale in the bit store.

Personally, I have never much cared all that much about RNG things in games, but for some reason, the implementation here leaves a lot to be desired. Quite frankly, they need to offer all current mods in game both directly from vendors and from the bit store so that players can get the exact mods they want/need for a specific weapon without wasting time waiting for a vendor special (that may never come) and have their choice of spending time in game to earn the required rep or money in the bits store if time is short.

Yeah, fine, put the dang mods in the mod vendor PLEASE! I've been asking for that for at least the last 9 months. I just don't understand why we have to search endlessly for mods. Not longer fulfilling anything there. I give up and settle for green mods which help plenty, instead of spending my playtime checking vendors every hour only to get a DC at the crater anyway. Meh.

BJWyler
05-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah, fine, put the dang mods in the mod vendor PLEASE! I've been asking for that for at least the last 9 months. I just don't understand why we have to search endlessly for mods. Not longer fulfilling anything there. I give up and settle for green mods which help plenty, instead of spending my playtime checking vendors every hour only to get a DC at the crater anyway. Meh.

Well, you see this is where we see lack of those MMO tropes (like crafting) hurting the fun in the game. For all intents and purposes, 1.5 made this game more traditional MMOy, but that only works if you have a customization system and skillset UI to accommodate the changes. In any other MMO we would be able to get a specific armor or weapon upgrade that we wanted either from an in-game vendor or a player crafter. Here, it's all RNG. Couple that with the introduction of a min/max and BiS system, but don't have the UI in place so that we can use the "skills" (i.e. weapons and consumables) as the situation calls for. The fast loadout switch feature is a start to the process, but even that leaves your character vulnerable for those few seconds while the loadout is switching.

Quite frankly, 1.5 would have been better suited to have eliminated all but one loadout slot and given us a skillbar upon which to place all the grenades, stims, and spikes to use as necessary during events, et al.

ConcreteSnake
05-21-2014, 11:14 AM
I bought one and it had 3 green mods and 1 blue......junk, seriously who would waste 100 rep (only get 95 paradise per week) and 32 keys for a bunch of mods I can buy from the vendor for 6k each. Scrip is easy to come by, but rep and keys are not. This was an insult as far as I'm concerned. They say "hey, there are epic mod hordes in the other rep vendors!" expect no one buys them, they buy the rep weapon caches hoping to get the rare rep vendor weapons. People have always done this, when the epic mod horde was in paradise that allowed people to get their rep weapons and buy a epic mod box once a week which helped the prices of T4 mods stay regulated, now we have people price gouging up to 500k for 1 mod that's only 5% better that the T3s at mod vendor specials.

BJWyler
05-21-2014, 11:19 AM
I bought one and it had 3 green mods and 1 blue......junk, seriously who would waste 100 rep (only get 95 paradise per week) and 32 keys for a bunch of mods I can buy from the vendor for 6k each. Scrip is easy to come by, but rep and keys are not. This was an insult as far as I'm concerned. They say "hey, there are epic mod hordes in the other rep vendors!" expect no one buys them, they buy the rep weapon caches hoping to get the rare rep vendor weapons. People have always done this, when the epic mod horde was in paradise that allowed people to get their rep weapons and buy a epic mod box once a week which helped the prices of T4 mods stay regulated, now we have people price gouging up to 500k for 1 mod that's only 5% better that the T3s at mod vendor specials.

Which is why I don't even bother with mods and synergies for the most part. It's more time wasting aggravation than fun trying to mod out a weapon in this game. It's just not worth the effort. Even for the Chimera pursuit, I only see myself buying enough of the mods (or even going for the overpriced arkforge), to get the completion done and vedoring the mods right back. To get a weapon and the four mods is just an unbearable, tedious grind and ultimately it's a weapon that wouldn't be as satisfying to use as the ones I have used pretty much since day 1 of playing.

crystal030405
05-21-2014, 11:53 AM
i bought 2 boxs and got 1 epic mod 4 greens and three blue

Extreme Rugburn
05-21-2014, 11:55 AM
I purchased this today and received 2 blue and 2 green mods.:confused: The mod hoard that used to be in it gave epic mods. Why does it give random mods now?

That is a lot of rep to waste for 2 blue and 2 green mods.

Your lucky I got 4 Green Stalker infector mods. Im never wasting faction and scrip on this rip off again.

cmpowell
05-21-2014, 12:06 PM
I bought the full syn one and got a t4, t3 and 2 t2 of course they were all for RLs. lol

ConcreteSnake
05-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Which is why I don't even bother with mods and synergies for the most part. It's more time wasting aggravation than fun trying to mod out a weapon in this game. It's just not worth the effort. Even for the Chimera pursuit, I only see myself buying enough of the mods (or even going for the overpriced arkforge), to get the completion done and vedoring the mods right back. To get a weapon and the four mods is just an unbearable, tedious grind and ultimately it's a weapon that wouldn't be as satisfying to use as the ones I have used pretty much since day 1 of playing.

just buy the arkforge for you 10 items, the mods on Xbox NA sell for 400-500k each