PDA

View Full Version : Very Grim outlook

Grimace
05-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Hello, long time player [PS3 EU] (first week of release) left after dlc 1 came back on dlc 3 release

so as of patch 1.5.9 the game had it's issues (no stims, no WM rewards, and a few other "exploits" but then patch 5.10 releases, okay so aside from the increased drop outs, hard freezes (even in inventory and patch client, now if it hard freezes i have to reboot at least 3 times before i can log back in)

but whats the deal with the cash out option, i hard froze with 60k points i log back in and i have 0 again?

miss the monolith kill as it takes so long to log back in, second time same issue hard freeze at half way point of major,this time i manage to log back in and oh look 0 points again but the monolith isn't dead,

I got my rewards sure, but i didn't want to cash out, i'd like to finish the arkfall with my full score instead of 2 scores of 90k, so not only do i get less rewards from what i should be getting (previous patch if you hard froze and made it back you still had your score) but the stability has gotten worse wasn't that the point of this "hotfix" to fix these issues but now it's just gotten worse,

the idea of releasing new content and fixing things only really works if more bugs and errors don't accumulate,

and secondary to my point wouldn't it make more sense if the threat levels were set to an average? like total ego divided by players and then the threat calculated to the closest 1000 (maybe 500) ego? a.k.a 3 players 1 5000 ego and 2 x 1000 ego total ego 7000

7000 / 3 = 2334(rounded up), wouldn't this give like threat 4-5 instead of the usual 8-9 that is currently pushed at us,

as me and my clan mate (the one i play with almost consistently) are not near the 5k mark (both over 4k but still a crawl to 5) why in all that is sensible do we get threat 8 whenever we go anywhere together, any other player joins in and instant threat 10, is this not a mmo, are we not meant to play with friends, as it stands i attempt to do my contracts daily but if i see another purple dot there i abandon it and go sit there doing nothing waiting for the off chance that it will finish before i get dc'd again

after having spent myself over $1000(not including season pass and release price of the game) on this game ( i feel i have a right to my opinion and to complain) you'd think the day 1 problems would have at least been looked at, and that they would test there product especially with f2p coming, servers are not going to handle it, and the game will be unplayable (if it stays as it is), look at the boost weekends, the servers are bad enough then what about when 50,000 new players try to join?

are the servers just going to shutdown and show position in que?

the new players are not going to stay, they will see what the actual players have been saying and pass on it, making players pay money to be able to play a game is not going to work if you can't even keep the player base you have, the loyal hardcore fans who have stayed from day 1,

I hope i get some form of "we get your point and will take it under advisement" but LOL time has taught me better,

~Grimace

Whippy
05-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Lucky for you, people in our clan haven't even cashed out properly when being dced and lost everything.

Grimace
05-21-2014, 01:24 AM
Sadly, it doesn't say anything, i just noticed i had keycodes when i logged back in, if others aren't getting anything it's worse than i thought,

duction
05-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Never had that problem.

Sliverbaer
05-21-2014, 05:37 AM
Never had that problem.

I had that problem on PS3.

Now I don't have that problem since I now play on PC.

(Finally caught up and surpassed to the EGO I was on PS3. Still have to do sniper kills, ugh.)

Kibblehouse
05-21-2014, 07:19 AM
"after having spent myself over $1000(not including season pass and release price of the game) on this game"

Really?? Is that normal? I mean I know theres a store and people use it. I've probably spent 100-150 on the game myself, but $1000?? Trying not to judge, but I am curious how many people spend at that level?

dramaQkarri
05-21-2014, 07:26 AM
And here we were waiting for whaling season to begin on June 4th, and it turns out it's already started!

Deunan
05-21-2014, 11:49 AM
and secondary to my point wouldn't it make more sense if the threat levels were set to an average? like total ego divided by players and then the threat calculated to the closest 1000 (maybe 500) ego?You would never get above TL 6 using a formula like that.