PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to defiance. Can I get a tl;dr of updates?

GigglesHadaka
05-21-2014, 06:25 PM
I pre-ordered Defiance when it first was available but wasn't happy with alot of things. I told myself i'd come back in a month and well I never did. Can someone give me a tl;dr of new things?
You don't have to tell me every quest that came out but are there new world events/minigames?
Anything I should know?
Thanks so much!

Adanedar
05-21-2014, 06:38 PM
This will answer most of your questions:

http://www.defiancedata.com/

Synther
05-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Login and spend 20 minutes figuring it out for yourself.

GigglesHadaka
05-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Login and spend 20 minutes figuring it out for yourself.
Thank you. You're So helpful. Really. Give this man a reward.

TheOz
05-21-2014, 07:48 PM
To syntherhttp://37.media.tumblr.com/f3f20c572bea2f97bf9bac8843bbdc5b/tumblr_mmho3bfDzC1rlqxudo1_250.gif

To OP things added in the last year
Dark Matter Arkfalls
2 new public events - Incursions And Sieges
new enemies Volge & Infected( ie zombies )
melee weapon - swords
new weapon class - charge weapons
4 season 1 missions - 1 season 2 mission
New arena missions
New selectible difficulties for co-op and arena
2 new vendors
2 new currencies one that allows you upgrade items ego rating
nanos have specific purposes now
stim and spikes that enhance you and your team mates abilities
Characters and items become more powerful as their ego level raises
Complete game enemy scaling - enemies become thougher and increase in number based on ego levels of and number of arkhunters in the area
tier 4 & 5 mods

** I probably forgot stuff so this list won't be perfect

GigglesHadaka
05-21-2014, 08:19 PM
To syntherhttp://37.media.tumblr.com/f3f20c572bea2f97bf9bac8843bbdc5b/tumblr_mmho3bfDzC1rlqxudo1_250.gif

Thanks buddy! So...Where are all the players? What does everyone do for fun because missions seems like they're solo now ):

PseudoCool
05-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Don't forget the changes to grenades and the stim/spike upgrades.

Speaking of this, where do you go to upgrade your weapon from say purple to orange? When I use the loadout-salvage matrix, it only allows me to upgrade the level by 100, but not the classification. Any help would be appreciated.

Deunan
05-22-2014, 10:41 AM
The Patch Notes capture most of the significant changes in game content and mechanics and is probably the quickest most comprehensive read you can get for a basic understanding of what's changed and what's new. The community blog articles for the DLC's also are informative.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Don't forget the changes to grenades and the stim/spike upgrades.

Speaking of this, where do you go to upgrade your weapon from say purple to orange? When I use the loadout-salvage matrix, it only allows me to upgrade the level by 100, but not the classification. Any help would be appreciated.This function doesn't go live til 6-4-14.

PseudoCool
05-22-2014, 01:20 PM
This function doesn't go live til 6-4-14.

For those of us who left around DLC 2, there's already a change to the grenades and they've added the stims and spikes to the loadouts. Those where not around for DLC 2.

TheOz
05-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks buddy! So...Where are all the players? What does everyone do for fun because missions seems like they're solo now ):

A LOT of people have left the game but, since the game is a year old that is not unheard of.
There are also a lot more instanced events so that empties the open world more.
Arkfalls, Incursions, Sieges and Vendor rep events are what people mainly do open world this is mainly where people will be.
Since most people have completed the story missions and you get better reward from Arkfalls, Incursions, etc., most people don't do story missions anymore.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Thank you. You're So helpful. Really. Give this man a reward.Or give yourself your own damned reward for being too lazy to put the game in and see whats changed.

I know, I know. Why bother when you can come here and ask. I won't divulge the games mysteries to you. You'll just have to log in and find them for yourself.

And, so you know. Yes, I am trolling you. I will troll anyone that makes these types of posts in the future or as long as I deem it entertains me.

No need to respond, it will just tempt me to mock you again.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:04 PM
I will troll anyone that makes these types of posts in the future or as long as I deem it entertains me.

Why? Your attitude is uncalled for. Not happy with you right now. I'm going to have to troll you for being a troll. You do realize other regular forum users are gonna call you out on the attitude, right? I don't see why we can't point a person in the direction of information. Anyway in future I'm referring everyone to this thread, as all the proper info has already been posted here.

Oh wait, did you want to chase everyone else off your game?

Copperpot
05-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Why? Your attitude is uncalled for. Not happy with you right now. I'm going to have to troll you for being a troll. You do realize other regular forum users are gonna call you out on the attitude, right? I don't see why we can't point a person in the direction of information. Anyway in future I'm referring everyone to this thread, as all the proper info has already been posted here.

Oh wait, did you want to chase everyone else off your game?

Sorry Drama but I agree with Reb. I mean doesn't it take the same amount of time to play the game for a bit?

Edit: They could also search the forums or the game website or just the internet and find the answer to their question.

Noble_One
05-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Sorry Drama but I agree with Reb. I mean doesn't it take the same amount of time to play the game for a bit?

Edit: They could also search the forums or the game website or just the internet and find the answer to their question.

yea drama i agree with copper and reb. the amount of time it would take to for replies this person could have easily gone to patch notes and read them and/or just simply log into the game and play it. granted rebs and syn's reply could come off as trollish but the OPs could come off as laziness to others.

in short a lot has changed so it would prolly be best to log into the game or read the patch notes to get up to speed. good luck in the land of Paradise.

Etaew
05-22-2014, 02:28 PM
This will answer most of your questions:

http://www.defiancedata.com/

Thanks for the link, I have started writing a Returning to Defiance guide which lists changes.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=195

Anyone have any suggestions for sections I haven't included?

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Meh. You returning player HATERS all sound like elitists to me and I am ashamed by association. I see no need to be rudely trolling. Just refer them to the patch notes, or better yet, DON'T HELP. Ignore posts you don't like. Get over it. I don't have a problem helping people a little bit and if you want to rudely chase what you think is "lazy" off the forums and help to further splinter the player base, go ahead and be surly. And rude, and act like elitist jerks so the new players can all say "Aha, we were right! Look at the elitists!"

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the link, I have started writing a Returning to Defiance guide which lists changes.

Thank you, for being a gentleman.

alienstookmybeer
05-22-2014, 02:50 PM

Nice Etaew!

I would suggest adding a section about mods with epic and legendary mods now being available at vendors, and also the Salvage Matrix improvement to use Add a Mod to replace one single mod (players that have been gone a while might be expecting the stupid old system where you had to remove every mod on a gun before you could add a new one).

Noble_One
05-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Meh. You returning player HATERS all sound like elitists to me and I am ashamed by association. I see no need to be rudely trolling. Just refer them to the patch notes, or better yet, DON'T HELP. Ignore posts you don't like. Get over it. I don't have a problem helping people a little bit and if you want to rudely chase what you think is "lazy" off the forums and help to further splinter the player base, go ahead and be surly. And rude, and act like elitist jerks so the new players can all say "Aha, we were right! Look at the elitists!"

seriously..... youre making a mountain out of a mole hill >.>.... calm down

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:56 PM
seriously..... youre making a mountain out of a mole hill >.>.... calm down

No, I'm taking issue with piss poor attitudes that I find offensive. Think what you want. I'm plenty calm. Also quite capable of reading someone the riot act without actually being that mad. These are my words. Please do not tell me what to do. Ever.

Etaew
05-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Nice Etaew!

I would suggest adding a section about mods with epic and legendary mods now being available at vendors, and also the Salvage Matrix improvement to use Add a Mod to replace one single mod (players that have been gone a while might be expecting the stupid old system where you had to remove every mod on a gun before you could add a new one).

Thanks, added a placeholder section for that.

Synther
05-22-2014, 05:11 PM
About two or three of these ridiculous posts show up every week. People act like it's a major life decision that they need advice on before installing/updating the game and just logging in to try it out. If your hard drive is so piss poor small that you can't afford the paltry amount of space that Defiance takes up, then you should go through and delete your pr0n and kitten pictures first. And if your bemoaning the time it takes to update, I can only recommend moving out of a third world country where your internet is faster because guess what? If you get advice that tells you to login and update the game, it ain't going to be any faster then either.

PseudoCool
05-22-2014, 05:14 PM
I'll even address this in this thread with a repost from another thread :) Enjoy!

I can see one thing hasn't changed in my absence from the forums and game as well : Trolls. And what's worse, people trolling just for the pure joy of trolling so they can be trolls and troll on other trolls that are asking to be trolled for being... *scratches head*

Here's a novel concept; Maybe, just maybe.. this community should put on their big boy and girl pants and be a bit more helpful to new or returning players. I can't speak for ya'll, but I know before I even BUY a game, I generally check out the forums and see what the community is like first, as well as developer interaction and things of that nature. That's on the rare event that I didn't test it. One thing I've seen repeatedly ruin games, is the reputation of the community. WoW is a great example for that.. if you want to go play with spoiled kids in their mega-armor who love to name call on open chat channels, then WoW's the place for you.

Perhaps, Defiance should set the standard anew with a more welcoming community of helpful and polite gamers (ya know, back like we used to have back before anyone could buy a gaming rig from the internet) so that this game actually doesn't die out from the community and it's lack of manners.

*shrugs* hey. just my two cents.

Copperpot
05-22-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm home now, so let's all have a drink and welcome all back to the game. Cheers!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp17ypx2AZ1r0sut0o1_400.gif

GigglesHadaka
05-23-2014, 12:41 AM
No need to respond, it will just tempt me to mock you again.

I Imagine you tipping a fedora trying to keep it balanced on your inflated sense of self as you twirl while walking away. fuh fuh fuh ******.

drackiller
05-23-2014, 02:29 AM
This thread is funny. LOL

Noble_One
05-23-2014, 02:36 AM
No, I'm taking issue with piss poor attitudes that I find offensive. Think what you want. I'm plenty calm. Also quite capable of reading someone the riot act without actually being that mad. These are my words. Please do not tell me what to do. Ever.

lol omg..... people these days... well at least you live up to your name. so sad /shrug what can you do though. have fun im out.

drackiller
05-23-2014, 07:39 AM

I like your attitude in general, and i don`t care if your right or wrong :), but i just love you know.

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 09:44 AM
I like your attitude in general, and i don`t care if your right or wrong :), but i just love you know.

bwahahahaha, thx!

Ironically me N Reb are PSN friends. Talked to him last night, all good, no grudgy crap. People have bad days, ya know? Trion frustration makes us all act crazy. And I just love a good dose of righteous indignation - not to be confused with DRAMA. They are not the same thing but to some who think less deeply they appear to be.

Anyway, thanks for your support!

rebtattoo
05-23-2014, 11:20 AM
My apologies to the Op and anyone else in the thread I offended.

Bad day. No excuses.

Welcome back if you decide to. Some changes were good while others were terrible.

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 11:46 AM
My apologies to the Op and anyone else in the thread I offended.

Bad day. No excuses.

Welcome back if you decide to. Some changes were good while others were terrible.

You're AWESOME REB! :mad::D
[frownsmile]

drackiller
05-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Well, i`m in bad day, typing slow , trying not to say shtacko...

I some what agree with some of the posters...

If they want to know the state of the game, why just not play the game and see for them selves !?

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Well, i`m in bad day, typing slow , trying not to say shtacko...

I some what agree with some of the posters...

If they want to know the state of the game, why just not play the game and see for them selves !?

We all know a lot has changed and it can be very confusing. Besides, now Etaew has made a nice concise list on his website of the changes so people can just refer returning players to that. And if a player comes here for help someone will help. It doesn't have to be you. How would you like to be attacked for asking a question like that? Also forums are not very search-friendly IMHO so info is hard to find. I'm here every day during the week, sometimes weekend too so just ignore posts you don't like. OP was not asking for opinions on the legitimacy of his post...

Or are you trolling me? Meh and LOL.

drackiller
05-24-2014, 09:48 AM
We all know a lot has changed and it can be very confusing. Besides, now Etaew has made a nice concise list on his website of the changes so people can just refer returning players to that. And if a player comes here for help someone will help. It doesn't have to be you. How would you like to be attacked for asking a question like that? Also forums are not very search-friendly IMHO so info is hard to find. I'm here every day during the week, sometimes weekend too so just ignore posts you don't like. OP was not asking for opinions on the legitimacy of his post...

Or are you trolling me? Meh and LOL.

No, i never troll anyone, at least not intencionally ;)
I was having a bad day yesterday and today i`m paying the price for that :)

I`ve been saying for years that i should stop drinking so much and i never listen to my self.

Saboteur 6
06-02-2014, 05:11 AM
I was about to post a similar thread but figured I'd just pose my question here. I left before DLC 1 hit so I imagine a lot has changed. My question is, since I don't plan on purchasing any DLC, has the game gone "pay to win" in that critical weapon systems / upgrades / buffs are now locked behind paywalls? I bought this game at retail and played it for several months but lost interest.

Etaew
06-02-2014, 05:18 AM
In my opinion the DLC's don't make the game pay to win, but in some sense the Defiance Store does, being able to open as many lockboxes as you want, purchase end-game currency to upgrade the rarity of your weapons and purchase lockboxes with legendary weapons in them.

But these can also be viewed as convenience as it is just a higher rate of what we can earn in game.

One DLC that may have some impact was Gunslinger, with the locking of several perks which increase damage from certain nano-effects or decrease damage dealt to you from certain nano-effects.

Roez
06-02-2014, 06:18 AM
F2P games always have the discussion of whether convenience or not is unfair competition. Objectively, those who shell out money will have much less time spent and, on average, still have much better gear. All else equal, that's the money benefit.

The question comes down to individual choice after that, and whether someone wants to play under those terms. The terms vary by game.

Since there are a ton of people who love free, in my experience, F2P game forums are usually full of people saying convenience is nothing and grinding is OK. It's a stark difference from the typical gamers just five years ago, when people loathed grind.

GigglesHadaka
06-04-2014, 04:13 PM
hah. reminded why i stopped playing. Got on steam realizing today it went free to play, maybe it wont be a ghost town. Go on to find server is down. Was this game made by EA?

Etaew
06-04-2014, 04:22 PM
hah. reminded why i stopped playing. Got on steam realizing today it went free to play, maybe it wont be a ghost town. Go on to find server is down. Was this game made by EA?

It's a lesson that everyone should learn, never expect to play on a patch day, there will always be issues and delays in the majority of games :)