PDA

View Full Version : For Trions eyes + players with knowledge about upcoming new features

Dracula Hellsing
05-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Seriously, it's only a couple of weeks away until the 4th June F2P option and new features due to Season 2 being aired, but Trion hasn't released any major new info, as far as I am aware of.

Does anybody have any links, or news, about where the new landmass is, new content, missions etc.
I've heard conflicting reports about it being based in D.C, Texas, Vegas, Yosemite(with huge trees) and Trions only words I have read are "the inevitable land expansion".

duction
05-22-2014, 04:50 AM
What I'd like to know is, are we getting all the new patch and content on the xbox and ps3 on June 4th like the pc and having the free to play option on July 15th like stated or are we getting nothing until July?

Etaew
05-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Seriously, it's only a couple of weeks away until the 4th June F2P option and new features due to Season 2 being aired, but Trion hasn't released any major new info, as far as I am aware of.

Does anybody have any links, or news, about where the new landmass is, new content, missions etc.
I've heard conflicting reports about it being based in D.C, Texas, Vegas, Yosemite(with huge trees) and Trions only words I have read are "the inevitable land expansion".

They haven't said anything about it yet, nor did I expect them to until the 11th hour.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 06:47 AM
What I'd like to know is, are we getting all the new patch and content on the xbox and ps3 on June 4th like the pc and having the free to play option on July 15th like stated or are we getting nothing until July?

Somewhere on a thread I believe Scapes said the new content would hit all platforms on June 4th. But F2P is not starting until July for PS3 & Xbox.

N3gativeCr33p
05-22-2014, 07:05 AM
They haven't said anything about it yet, nor did I expect them to until the 11th hour.

My bet is on the 13th hour. That's when we will hear something.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 07:08 AM
My bet is on the 13th hour. That's when we will hear something.

Yeah, watch for info from IGN instead.

N3gativeCr33p
05-22-2014, 07:10 AM
Yeah, watch for info from IGN instead.

... or YouTube...

duction
05-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Somewhere on a thread I believe Scapes said the new content would hit all platforms on June 4th. But F2P is not starting until July for PS3 & Xbox.

Yay 13 days and counting then!

CRIXDA
05-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I am not so happy about the "new content" that I don't know squat about.
I have become numb about the F2P. "Scapes said".
all new content.
WHAT NEW CONTENT????????
tell me, WHAT NEW CONTENT?????
normally, when We are going to get something new - someone is peacocking up and down crowing "new map area! new map area!". have you heard anything saying that We will have that on the 4th?
and I swear, if this "bold new area to explore" like the intrepid men of old is only the Fort Defiance Area.... I will projectile vomit split pea soup all over my Wal-Mart Dinosaur Pajamas.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I am not so happy about the "new content" that I don't know squat about.
I have become numb about the F2P. "Scapes said".
all new content.
WHAT NEW CONTENT????????
tell me, WHAT NEW CONTENT?????
normally, when We are going to get something new - someone is peacocking up and down crowing "new map area! new map area!". have you heard anything saying that We will have that on the 4th?
and I swear, if this "bold new area to explore" like the intrepid men of old is only the Fort Defiance Area.... I will projectile vomit split pea soup all over my Wal-Mart Dinosaur Pajamas.

Me too. There was a non-productive thread joking that it was Fort Defiance and it was closed by The Team. Sooooooo, if it turns out to be Fort Defiance I'm driving to SF.

Tsort
05-22-2014, 08:39 AM
(...) I will projectile vomit split pea soup all over my Wal-Mart Dinosaur Pajamas.
Too much production. Generic puke on everyday clothes will suffice.

DIS
05-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Well I got an e-mail about the Cradle to the Grave stuff the day after it went live and about 24 1/2 hours after I had completed it. So, don't expect much and don't expect to be informed about it until AFTER it happens.

Iceberg
05-22-2014, 09:12 AM
... or YouTube...

or twitter....

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-22-2014, 09:20 AM
The only thing of heard from watching the May 15th live stream is that the map expansion will be about the size of Marin . That is what trick said , I don't think they call him trick for nothing , there Is 2 possibilities in that name .

PhantasieTrion
05-22-2014, 09:25 AM

Hi Duction

Defiance goes F2P for PC only on June 4 (meaning the cost of the client is free).

The content that goes along with it (for example, the loadout quick change (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160058-Loadout-quick-change-wheel)) will go live on June 4 for all platforms and all regions (PC, XBox and PS3).

Put another way - from a gameplay/content standpoint, there will be parity amongst all platforms.
From a cost standpoint, PC will be free on June 4, and the goal is for consoles to go free on July 15.

On June 4th you should expect a longer downtime window, likely in the 4 hour range. There will be a client patch, along with the usual server side updates.

The PS3 patches are in certification right now, incidentally.

More details on F2P can be found here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157689-Defiance-Free-to-Play-Arrives-June-4!) and here (www.defiance.com/en/game/overview/free-to-play/).

I hope this helps.

duction
05-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks buddy :)

ConcreteSnake
05-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Hi Duction

Defiance goes F2P for PC only on June 4 (meaning the cost of the client is free).

The content that goes along with it (for example, the loadout quick change (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160058-Loadout-quick-change-wheel)) will go live on June 4 for all platforms and all regions (PC, XBox and PS3).

Put another way - from a gameplay/content standpoint, there will be parity amongst all platforms.
From a cost standpoint, PC will be free on June 4, and the goal is for consoles to go free on July 15.

On June 4th you should expect a longer downtime window, likely in the 4 hour range. There will be a client patch, along with the usual server side updates.

The PS3 patches are in certification right now, incidentally.

More details on F2P can be found here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157689-Defiance-Free-to-Play-Arrives-June-4!) and here (www.defiance.com/en/game/overview/free-to-play/).

I hope this helps.

you sir/ma'am are a god amongst devs that communicate. My new favorite employee....employee of the month maybe?

drackiller
05-22-2014, 09:40 AM
you sir/ma'am are a god amongst devs that communicate. My new favorite employee....employee of the month maybe?

Yup , PhantasieTrion is being very helpful. Let`s hope he keeps coming here.

drackiller
05-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Well I got an e-mail about the Cradle to the Grave stuff the day after it went live and about 24 1/2 hours after I had completed it. So, don't expect much and don't expect to be informed about it until AFTER it happens.

Me too, lol.
Among the lines of other illustrious posters in this thread i`ll go for the 25th hour ;)

N3gativeCr33p
05-22-2014, 10:22 AM
or twitter....

... or Facebook... :)

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 11:26 AM
he new land mass was briefly discussed during the live stream or as an answer to one of the questions.

It will be roughly the size of Marin. That's all they would disclose. There is reference to it somewhere in a thread. Too ****in' lazy to find it myself.

Omnifarious Xji
05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
he new land mass was briefly discussed during the live stream or as an answer to one of the questions.

It will be roughly the size of Marin. That's all they would disclose. There is reference to it somewhere in a thread. Too ****in' lazy to find it myself.

Wait, isn't Marin the bottom half of the map? (It's been like 8 months since i last played, lol.) If so, then that seems like a pretty substantial update, no?

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Wait, isn't Marin the bottom half of the map? (It's been like 8 months since i last played, lol.) If so, then that seems like a pretty substantial update, no?Marin sets between Madera and Saulsalito.

Odessa
05-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Wait, isn't Marin the bottom half of the map? (It's been like 8 months since i last played, lol.) If so, then that seems like a pretty substantial update, no?

Here's a basic map of the area from the Defiance Data site (http://www.defiancedata.com/map.php?id=3).

CRIXDA
05-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Awwwww ......come on Tsort. Everybody loves jammies with the feet in them and the zipper that starts at the foot and comes all of the way up to the neck. EVERYBODY!!!

Erm...what's next?
Yeah! The new features! Quick loadout change sure will be nice. And more landmass. Anyone feel up to giving some details here because I don't even know where to look for them?
And they will all launch on the fourth together.