PDA

View Full Version : An idea about how to make Warmaster enjoyable for all(meaning no BMG or Lockbreakers)

Dracula Hellsing
05-22-2014, 04:42 AM
It won't work for any pre-existing Arkfall, but for a player who reaches a Major Arkfall which still needs 4 arkspikes, this is my idea:
Once you get there, lay down 1 spike, to keep the Maj Arkfall from disappearing, then go to chat, Zone, tell everybody and anybody about it, the location etc.

Once people turn up, start a chat function, asking people to remove all non essential weapons, explain nicely (without sarcastic or insulting words) about why shooting the locks is a bad idea, I mean come on, if someone calls you names, and then demands you don't do this, don't do that, are you going to listen, or get annoyed and then try to ruin their experience??

If some players only have BMG's or bad weapons, just give them something decent for free.

Have it so that by the time everyone understands their role, there are already 20+ players ready to start, then use the last 3 spikes, and work together to beat it.

Pandur
05-22-2014, 04:52 AM
I'm actually still not sure why Trion hasn't implemented optional private instances for the warmaster where randoms don't get joined in.

Dracula Hellsing
05-22-2014, 04:56 AM
I'm actually still not sure why Trion hasn't implemented optional private instances for the warmaster where randoms don't get joined in.

Isn't there a chance if they did that, people might only invite their friends, or certain clan people, meaning others, including noobs, would be left out of the experience all the time.

Pandur
05-22-2014, 04:59 AM
Isn't there a chance if they did that, people might only invite their friends, or certain clan people, meaning others, including noobs, would be left out of the experience all the time.

Well sure it would be kind of the point to bring only the people you want, hence why optional, random joining should still be in, it just shouldn't match with private instances.

Dracula Hellsing
05-22-2014, 05:07 AM
that could end up creating a split in the players though, making some feel they are superior to others, or never giving noobs a chance.
Every single player started off as a noob and made mistakes, it just takes time to learn from your mistakes.

Pandur
05-22-2014, 05:20 AM
that could end up creating a split in the players though, making some feel they are superior to others, or never giving noobs a chance.
Every single player started off as a noob and made mistakes, it just takes time to learn from your mistakes.

Sure but with the way defiance has turned an EGO 1000 just can't bring the numbers of an equally playing
5000+. It's a pure matter of numbers, not skill.

Also you can't do anything about griefers or people "that just want to level their weapon" without a recourse like kicking them out of the instance.

You can explain stuff a 1000 times there's always people that don't listen.
Best chance to win consitently is to eliminate the random part.

I appreciate the try to offer player made solution but i don't believe they will work most of the time.

K Ron Spliffs
05-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Easy fix, VOTE TO KICK. No more lock breakers.

Mandy
05-22-2014, 06:29 AM
It wouldn't help with people that open the locks on purpose.

SymbolicGamer
05-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Anything that requires cooperation from a large group of people shouldn't be in the game. Trion should have learned their lesson from those dumb Hellbug arkfalls. They need to protect the locks until a certain number of people enter the room.