PDA

View Full Version : Scapes !!! Xp mastery rolls ???

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
I seen a few posts about this already . I really want to know what is going to happen to our xp rolls like a x1.04 DMG on a purple weapon once we upgrade it to legendary ? Will the system turn it into a x1.05DMG ? Or will it just wipe it as if the gun never had a x1.04DMG & we have to roll it again & get something horrible like 10DMG from last shot in clip ? I would really like to know as many others in defiance do to .

Odessa
05-22-2014, 11:16 AM
I believe Trick answered it in THIS (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159608-What-happens-to-Mastery-roll-when-you-upgrade-the-rarity-of-your-weapon&p=1496551&viewfull=1#post1496551) post:

Hey folks,

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to verify the answer to your question before hopping in here.

When you upgrade the rarity of your weapon, you do not change your mastery bonus. It remains exactly how it is. (This includes if you have not yet mastered the weapon. The mastery bonus at that time is just hidden and undiscovered.)

If you want to try your hand at getting a new mastery on that upgraded rarity, you can reroll your mastery bonus and that new bonus will be pulled from the upgraded rarity rather than the original rarity. Thus you could go for broke and aim for that higher crit or damage bonus, but you could end up with a totally different bonus instead and need to roll again.

Though, you are protected from rolling the same bonus twice in a row. So your reroll will never result in exactly the same bonus you started with.

Cheers,

Trick Dempsey

Basically nothing changes. If you want to change to a higher DMG you have to reroll it and cross your fingers.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 11:18 AM
^^^This^^^

konstantinov
05-22-2014, 11:21 AM
reset it now since it's cheaper because it's based on the rarity.

cary2010haha
05-22-2014, 11:33 AM
reset it now since it's cheaper because it's based on the rarity.

you didn't understand. when you re-roll it at epic level, the mastery roll is epic level, it is just hidden and undiscovered. So you need upgrade it to OJ level first, then reset it for a OJ level mastery roll.

konstantinov
05-22-2014, 11:39 AM
you didn't understand. when you re-roll it at epic level, the mastery roll is epic level, it is just hidden and undiscovered. So you need upgrade it to OJ level first, then reset it for a OJ level mastery roll.

Or reset it now for like 12 arkforge instead of 75 because when you upgrade it to OJ then you can roll a Legendary mastery roll. What part of that don't you understand? Why spend 75 arkforge when you can spend less than half now?

K Ron Spliffs
05-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Or reset it now for like 12 arkforge instead of 75 because when you upgrade it to OJ then you can roll a Legendary mastery roll. What part of that don't you understand? Why spend 75 arkforge when you can spend less than half now?

Even if you reroll it as a purple, then upgrade to orange and fill xp, you will get a purple xp roll. Until you reset it as a legendary, you cant get a legendary xp roll.

cary2010haha
05-22-2014, 11:46 AM
you use 12 arkforge just roll a hidden roll in its level................

(This includes if you have not yet mastered the weapon. The mastery bonus at that time is just hidden and undiscovered.)

by TrickDempsey

Combo Breaker
05-22-2014, 11:52 AM
If it's purple it's 30 Arkforge to reset mastery. I will be keeping my 1.04 damage. Not that worried about the .01 I am missing.

cary2010haha
05-22-2014, 11:54 AM
If it's purple it's 30 Arkforge to reset mastery. I will be keeping my 1.04 damage. Not that worried about the .01 I am missing.

but OJ have some Unique roll (like X 1.25 range)

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the post Odessa . In tricks reply about not being able to get the same xp roll twice isn't true ,it is very broken & u can get the same xp roll multiple times . I rerolled my perferator well over 20 times untill I got x1.05 DMG , I get 75 recoil twice , 8 % ego duration 3 times , 10 crit to incoming targets twice , 1.15 mag twice & I rerolled my frontier saw over 12 times & got 8 DMG on next shot after kill twice & 10 crit to incoming twice after spending my last 75 ark forge & getting 75 recoil I asked the community what is better in their opinion 5 DMG or 75 recoil ? all went with 75 recoil . That helped me make my choice & stick with the recoil & save ark forge trying to get the x1.05DMG . Thanks again for the replies ladies & gents IGN : N3X1A : kush clan

konstantinov
05-22-2014, 12:12 PM
but OJ have some Unique roll (like X 1.25 range)

It's 1.15 range.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the post Odessa . In tricks reply about not being able to get the same xp roll twice isn't true ,it is very broken & u can get the same xp roll multiple times . I rerolled my perferator well over 20 times untill I got x1.05 DMG , I get 75 recoil twice , 8 % ego duration 3 times , 10 crit to incoming targets twice , 1.15 mag twice & I rerolled my frontier saw over 12 times & got 8 DMG on next shot after kill twice & 10 crit to incoming twice after spending my last 75 ark forge & getting 75 recoil I asked the community what is better in their opinion 5 DMG or 75 recoil ? all went with 75 recoil . That helped me make my choice & stick with the recoil & save ark forge trying to get the x1.05DMG . Thanks again for the replies ladies & gents IGN : N3X1A : kush clanWere these rolls done back to back? What I'm sure Trick meant was, you can't roll the same roll back to back. Of course you're going to have duplicates in the RnG scheme. There are only so many rolls to pick from.

alienstookmybeer
05-22-2014, 12:14 PM
nm, too slow to beat reb

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes very true . I'm pretty sure the 1.15 range is for bmgs & infectors , but the 10 straight crit & 10 crit to incoming targets are awesome rolls on the rite gun unique only for legendary ars , lmgs,& smgs but like combo breaker said for a 0.01 damage difference my rad double crit frontier saw will be keeping the 1.04 DMG

xKiLADELPHiAx
05-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Were these rolls done back to back? What I'm sure Trick meant was, you can't roll the same roll back to back. Of course you're going to have duplicates in the RnG scheme. There are only so many rolls to pick from.. No they weren't back to back , but it did go 8 ego duration ,10 crit to incoming , 8 ego duration . I do see what u are saying . It's just very frustrating spending all ur ark forge for the perfect roll . Then getting the same crap roll over & over, even if it wasn't in a row , but then again if we couldn't get the same roll multiple times everyone would have the perfect rolls.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 12:49 PM
. No they weren't back to back , but it did go 8 ego duration ,10 crit to incoming , 8 ego duration . I do see what u are saying . It's just very frustrating spending all ur ark forge for the perfect roll . Then getting the same crap roll over & over, even if it wasn't in a row , but then again if we couldn't get the same roll multiple times everyone would have the perfect rolls.This is just it.

I know someone on PS3na that has attempted over 40 times for the "perfect roll" on a zagger. Hasn't it it yet. RnG is RnG is RnG...Simple but frustrating.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 12:55 PM
This is just it.

I know someone on PS3na that has attempted over 40 times for the "perfect roll" on a zagger. Hasn't it it yet. RnG is RnG is RnG...Simple but frustrating.

yeah people are becoming superstitious about it and handing it to someone they feel is "lucky" for the reroll. pretty soon we're going to have an in-game temple I swear.