PDA

View Full Version : To the dev team. Just throwing it out there...

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 11:58 AM
May make some enemies with this position, but, oh well.

Weapons that are upgraded to Legendary rarity should become UNTRADEABLE.

My 2 cents

Odessa
05-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Curious about the reasons behind it. I am not sure what my stance is on it. I usually give/trade weapons with friends who are looking for them, which would make it a lot easier. Is it because of the cost dropping since the rarity is a little easier to get?

drackiller
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
May make some enemies with this position, but, oh well.

Weapons that are upgraded to Legendary rarity should become UNTRADEABLE.

My 2 cents
I have no problem with that because the ones that i`ll upgrade will be for my personal use. I`m not going to buy arkforge to upgrade them so it will take some time and efforth to upgrade all the weapons that i want.
And if was going to buy AF, i wouldn`t sell the weapons afterwards for scrip, would be a big waste of real money.

But no objections to your proposal Reb :)

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
The trade game on PS3 has all but died as it is. Introducing "unicorns" into it would obliterate it altogether, in my opinion.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure either. On one hand, if they are still tradeable and we all go nuts upping our epics to legendary, pretty soon no one will be buying anyway cuz we'll all have our own handmade unicorns. On the other hand, if they become untradeable and we all go nuts upping our epics to legendary, pretty soon no one will be buying anyway cuz we'll all have our own handmade unicorns. Yes....end result is the same.

In other words, no matter how you slice it, it's probably going to kill off the gun trading market (or almost kill it) and we'll all be hunting for mods only.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure either. On one hand, if they are still tradeable and we all go nuts upping our epics to legendary, pretty soon no one will be buying anyway cuz we'll all have our own handmade unicorns. On the other hand, if they become untradeable and we all go nuts upping our epics to legendary, pretty soon no one will be buying anyway cuz we'll all have our own handmade unicorns. Yes....end result is the same.

In other words, no matter how you slice it, it's probably going to kill off the gun trading market (or almost kill it) and we'll all be hunting for mods only.There is this way of looking at it...LOL

Reckon, either way, the trade game in Defiance is about to meet it's maker{several times removed and replaced}. Kind of a shame. Met a lot of good ppl trading.

Odessa
05-22-2014, 12:19 PM
I am not into the whole buying/trading/selling bit but have been dabbling to get a weapon or mod here and there. Usually it's by throwing someone in front of me to help. I can say that trying to find the specific weapons that I want has been quite frustrating. I have been saving everything for a decent weapon, but because I'm not a wheeler and dealer it's a matter of *maybe* getting one weapon then spending months to save up for the other. Saving a few million in scrip and make my own weapon would definitely be a blessing. I imagine driving down the cost is sucky for some, but for the people who want something really shiny but don't have the means to get 8 million scrip it's a welcome trade off.

Drama does have a point, though. Either way the in game trading is going to take a hit. I'm guessing the causal players will be the ones that profit from it the most. Less time searching for a weapon and saving cash means more time to play.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
There is this way of looking at it...LOL

Reckon, either way, the trade game in Defiance is about to meet it's maker{several times removed and replaced}. Kind of a shame. Met a lot of good ppl trading.

Ah, there's still going to be mod trading. I'm not really much of a trader so I guess this doesn't bug me a whole lot but I know others that are REALLY into trading so for them it will suck. Mostly my "trading" is charity work. Or introducing one big trader friend to another - brokering I guess? Except brokers get paid...hmmmmm... I think I've messed it all up for myself. Oh well.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-22-2014, 12:51 PM
a major factor in almost every mmo i have ever played has been some kind of economy. trion has been slowly killing that aspect of defiance off for about 8 months now. we have 5 types of currency in this game - scrip, ark salvage, keys, ark forge, and cores - but only one that can be traded or used between players. it would be like handing you a bunch of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters, and telling you that you can spend the pennies anywhere, but you can only use the others to buy stuff from me. now they are taking away the market for trade between players, and giving us the ability to get what we are looking for solely from them in the form of upgrades, lockboxes, and random drops. add to the fact that for impatient players, there is instant gratification through the bit store, and you can easily see the direction that everything in this game is gearing towards.