PDA

View Full Version : Been gone a LONG time, Q's

Dave3d
05-22-2014, 01:35 PM
I came back for Gunslinger dlc, then left.
So, has the game gotten any new REAL content?
Like, more areas of the map, or new locations opened up?

Or is it just the same old new missions with changed outfits?

Thanks.

Dave

konstantinov
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM
I came back for Gunslinger dlc, then left.
So, has the game gotten any new REAL content?
Like, more areas of the map, or new locations opened up?

Or is it just the same old new missions with changed outfits?

Thanks.

Dave

This seems to be a trend but there's another post explaining a lot.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160145-Coming-back-to-defiance.-Can-I-get-a-tl-dr-of-updates

TheOz
05-22-2014, 01:49 PM
This seems to be a trend . . .

With the show coming back soon, it should continue.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Or, I know it might be a stretch....

**Put the game in and see for yourself!**

I know, I know. It's much easier to have others do the work for you.

**This is a canned response.

Smiit
05-22-2014, 01:58 PM
If you do get back on prepare to be downed immediatley by volge humping you in front of iron demon ranch. Quite fun if you ask me.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:00 PM

***this canned response is gonna get you in trouble! LOL

Seriously, a LOT has changed. Read the post kon sent the link to above. All this has been discussed. Someone should sticky that other thread.

rebtattoo
05-22-2014, 02:01 PM
***this canned response is gonna get you in trouble! LOL

Seriously, a LOT has changed. Read the post kon sent the link to above. All this has been discussed. Someone should sticky that other thread.Trouble Shrmuble!

I have found my path and it is to troll these types of posts!

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Trouble Shrmuble!

I have found my path and it is to troll these types of posts!

No. Just. No.

Dave3d
05-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Yup, so no real 'new' content.

I played up to the Gunslinger, then got bored with everything being the same missions, with different names, and different enemy outfits, in the same areas.

Seems that has not changed at all.

Thanks.

dramaQkarri
05-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Yup, so no real 'new' content.

I played up to the Gunslinger, then got bored with everything being the same missions, with different names, and different enemy outfits, in the same areas.

Seems that has not changed at all.

Thanks.

That about sums it up.

Copperpot
05-22-2014, 02:12 PM

I thought the same thing. Sorry OP but if you were really interested wouldn't you just plug and play? Come on man.

PseudoCool
05-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I can see one thing hasn't changed in my absence from the forums and game as well : Trolls. And what's worse, people trolling just for the pure joy of trolling so they can be trolls and troll on other trolls that are asking to be trolled for being... *scratches head*

Here's a novel concept; Maybe, just maybe.. this community should put on their big boy and girl pants and be a bit more helpful to new or returning players. I can't speak for ya'll, but I know before I even BUY a game, I generally check out the forums and see what the community is like first, as well as developer interaction and things of that nature. That's on the rare event that I didn't test it. One thing I've seen repeatedly ruin games, is the reputation of the community. WoW is a great example for that.. if you want to go play with spoiled kids in their mega-armor who love to name call on open chat channels, then WoW's the place for you.

Perhaps, Defiance should set the standard anew with a more welcoming community of helpful and polite gamers (ya know, back like we used to have back before anyone could buy a gaming rig from the internet) so that this game actually doesn't die out from the community and it's lack of manners.

*shrugs* hey. just my two cents.

Synther
05-22-2014, 05:15 PM
I can see one thing hasn't changed in my absence from the forums and game as well : Trolls. And what's worse, people trolling just for the pure joy of trolling so they can be trolls and troll on other trolls that are asking to be trolled for being... *scratches head*

Here's a novel concept; Maybe, just maybe.. this community should put on their big boy and girl pants and be a bit more helpful to new or returning players. I can't speak for ya'll, but I know before I even BUY a game, I generally check out the forums and see what the community is like first, as well as developer interaction and things of that nature. That's on the rare event that I didn't test it. One thing I've seen repeatedly ruin games, is the reputation of the community. WoW is a great example for that.. if you want to go play with spoiled kids in their mega-armor who love to name call on open chat channels, then WoW's the place for you.

Perhaps, Defiance should set the standard anew with a more welcoming community of helpful and polite gamers (ya know, back like we used to have back before anyone could buy a gaming rig from the internet) so that this game actually doesn't die out from the community and it's lack of manners.

*shrugs* hey. just my two cents.

You do realize that less than 3% of any game's population even ever bothers going to the forums, right?

PseudoCool
05-22-2014, 05:17 PM
You do realize that less than 3% of any game's population even ever bothers going to the forums, right?

You do realize that giving such a shallow number is indicative of someone who's never actually done a forum population survey right? We've had that discussion on these very forums before however, so please.. in the words of the Stormtroopers.. This is not the thread your looking for, move along...

Synther
05-22-2014, 05:23 PM
You do realize that giving such a shallow number is indicative of someone who's never actually done a forum population survey right? We've had that discussion on these very forums before however, so please.. in the words of the Stormtroopers.. This is not the thread your looking for, move along...

A forum survey is not a survey of the game's population. To think otherwise says a lot about one's intelligence. If you take a survey of people in the forums, you should be getting 80% to 95% stating that they actually play the game. That's not to say that a poll of the people in the game are actually using the forums. In otherwords (and I'll say this in words that most here might understand): Duh...it don't work that way.

PseudoCool
05-22-2014, 05:57 PM
In the words of Pepe' Le'Pew.. 'Le Sigh

I just got back, so I'll refrain from saying what I normally would to someone who's completely missed the concept that was originally remarked upon. Have a great evening!

Copperpot
05-22-2014, 06:19 PM
We can all chillax now my friends. Welcome back to the game, Cheers!

http://media.giphy.com/media/sPZdjmGJxJWaA/giphy.gif