PDA

View Full Version : ventrilo vs teamspeak - which is more popular in defiance

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-22-2014, 04:42 PM
like the title says, im curious which is more widely used, and how it works with in game chat. do you need either to talk in game?

Deunan
05-22-2014, 06:19 PM
I don't know which is more popular but Ventrilo, TeamSpeak and Mumble are third party VOIP clients. They don't work with in game chat and are separate and apart from it. I don't know about Ventrilo, but TeamSpeak and Mumble can be setup to run with the game to allow for a feature called voice proximity, meaning that the sound of a player's voice will increase as you approach them and decrease when you move away from them which is useful for figuring out who is saying what and locating them.

Technically you don't need them to voice chat in the game but the in game VOIP is pretty primitive and poor quality compared to using a third party VOIP client which is why most PC clans prefer to use them. The reasons why players prefer one over the other often have to do with how easy it is to use them, especially from the admin side. My preferred client for gaming has been TeamSpeak.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-22-2014, 06:22 PM
cool. thanks for the info. installing defiance on pc before f2p starts, but wasnt sure what i was going to need for chat.