PDA

View Full Version : To group or not to group?

Copperpot
05-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Sometimes I am playing solo and enjoying myself. I'm working a pursuit or side mission and a group invite pops up. I ignore it because I am doing my own thing. I check clan chat or zone chat to make sure noone is calling out for help. Invite pops up again, and again. Finally I group up. I say whats up? Dude says hold on I gotta do something. Come on man!

Do you ignore group invites? Do you pester people with group invites when they ignore it? If it's a WM invite do you post it in clan chat?

Odessa
05-23-2014, 11:21 AM
I *try* not to ignore group invites from people I know, but I have learned not to accept unless I know what it's for. I'm like you, running around to do the daily missions without a TL10 looming overhead. If I am not in battle I'll toss out a question mark in clan to the person sending it. I prefer that people toss out requests in clan chat so that I know what I'm being invited for. There's nothing worse than almost finishing an annoying daily and being pulled into a WM when you aren't even equipped for it.

TheOz
05-23-2014, 11:44 AM
I always take random invites, you never know when you might find another person to play with.

If I'm busy or about to finish an event I will ask clan/friends what is up first otherwise I will always join.

rebtattoo
05-23-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm usually already grouped with clan members.

*EDIT*

I do send out invites if in a WM that is sparse. Never offended when it's declined though. I know how much ppl hate the event now.

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 11:53 AM
I readily group with certain people but not always - lately I've been trying to finish pistol kills so getting that done makes me queue up for Military Academy to avoid interruptions. I've been getting more than my share of WM invites from friends lately (aren't we all). I'm not resenting them for it but sometimes GEEZ! The trouble is usually when one is in WM, I'll have 10 more in there so an invite from everyone, one by one. Most don't pester me though and they know I'm just not wanting WM.

Copperpot
05-23-2014, 12:49 PM
I think I'm going to ask before accepting invites unless it's my clan leader. But he's usually courteous enough to call out a reason first anyways. I just hate it when I interrupt what I'm doing and don't know why. I'll make sure I explain what my invites are for also so I'm practicing what I preach.

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah people usually say in clan chat when they're at WM to see if anyone wants in. I say so too when I'm at whatever event, DM arkfalls, etc. My trouble is I have friends in all kinds of clans so it's hard to know why I'm getting invites - except when I get several friends inviting me all at once.

Riz
05-24-2014, 02:37 AM
I used to accept group-invites at all times from the people i know. Nowadays i dont. Before you know it you find you azz at a WM or a coop you did hours ago, no thanks. Dont wanna 'cash out' on my current activity and miss the finish.

Atticus Batman
05-24-2014, 02:58 AM
Yeah people usually say in clan chat when they're at WM to see if anyone wants in. I say so too when I'm at whatever event, DM arkfalls, etc. My trouble is I have friends in all kinds of clans so it's hard to know why I'm getting invites - except when I get several friends inviting me all at once.

I used to accept group-invites at all times from the people i know. Nowadays i dont. Before you know it you find you azz at a WM or a coop you did hours ago, no thanks. Dont wanna 'cash out' on my current activity and miss the finish.

I agree with both of these.

Your friends would have to send you a message to let you know why they invited you since they may be in a different shard so zone chat wouldn't work, and I don't know about other systems, but on Xbox, Defiance's private chat doesn't always work, and clan chat can still be buggy at times.

There is also the fact that doing the same thing you JUST did without realizing it until you jump to the friend can be annoying. So can accepting the invite and going to the lower ego friend just to realize they are in a conflict site by themselves and I just screwed them by making it a tl 6 or higher, depending on how much lower, than my 52xx, they are.