PDA

View Full Version : Why so many 5000+ bad players ?

Calranthe
05-23-2014, 03:04 AM
By bad I do not mean evil, I mean bad at the game.

I am only Ego 3300 at the moment, run around quite happily with my wife she is 2600 ego doing daily missions now and then a 5000 ego player joins bumping the site up to 10 and 4750 boost for us, all is great as long as he is on his A game, has good equipment and knows how to use it. These area joy to fight with.

But more often a 5000+ player will join the site and act like it is his first day on defiance, both me and wife get higher score do more damage and regularly have the mission take twice as long at least with ramped up enemies which we are killing faster than him.

Sadly it is not a rare occurance.

cary2010haha
05-23-2014, 03:16 AM
5000 ego/ pro

and scale still have bug, my ego 800 chara 's saw do over 8000 damage pre crit(unmodded) when I have buff to 4750 ego

Critical Errors
05-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Not everyone is a gaming god like you and your SO. Some people played this game because it did not require the intense concentration and quick reflexes of a normal shooter game. And just because you may be a gaming guru, does not mean that the entire community will be. Take your remarkable skills and take up the slack yourself instead of complaining about the casual players.

Pandur
05-23-2014, 03:52 AM

I am only Ego 3300 at the moment, run around quite happily with my wife she is 2600 ego doing daily missions now and then a 5000 ego player joins bumping the site up to 10 and 4750 boost for us, all is great as long as he is on his A game, has good equipment and knows how to use it. These area joy to fight with.

But more often a 5000+ player will join the site and act like it is his first day on defiance, both me and wife get higher score do more damage and regularly have the mission take twice as long at least with ramped up enemies which we are killing faster than him.

You sure they're not just leveling some weapons.
I still need 2 levels of BMG and 10 of infector. I usually switch to my A loadout if it's TL10 but sometimes i don't feel like it.
I want to get done with the boringness that are infectors and bmgs and T10 is a good place to get them up :P

Besides scratch the 5000+ in the thread title, there's good people and not so good people, everyone has the same right to play though.

duction
05-23-2014, 03:55 AM
Scaling is still Wierd, ego 5000 take way more dmg etc

Calranthe
05-23-2014, 04:05 AM
Not everyone is a gaming god like you and your SO. Some people played this game because it did not require the intense concentration and quick reflexes of a normal shooter game. And just because you may be a gaming guru, does not mean that the entire community will be. Take your remarkable skills and take up the slack yourself instead of complaining about the casual players.

Okay I am in no way a gaming god or pro, both me and my wife are casual players, she is because she has premature arthritis in both hands plus muscle damage to play for more than short amounts of time is very tiring for her, me I play a lot of games but never go the min/max stuff, just because I think about my weapons and equipment, read up on tactics and learn from others.

My wife with her slow reaction time and my none purple/gold loadouts should not be outdamaging a 5000 player who comes in and makes the mission harder.

Gale Klarnm
05-23-2014, 05:14 AM
Okay I am in no way a gaming god or pro, both me and my wife are casual players, she is because she has premature arthritis in both hands plus muscle damage to play for more than short amounts of time is very tiring for her, me I play a lot of games but never go the min/max stuff, just because I think about my weapons and equipment, read up on tactics and learn from others.

My wife with her slow reaction time and my none purple/gold loadouts should not be outdamaging a 5000 player who comes in and makes the mission harder.

This is true, just had a daily last go about 15 minutes too long because some 53xx guy showed up with his amazing blue volge rifle. This would have been semi tolerable before the scaling mechanic went in, but not how the game is now.

duction
05-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Maybe you are being trolled lol

Fuzzy
05-23-2014, 05:24 AM

Hey,

for one, it's darn easy to get to level 5.000 now.
Leveling weapons up is really easy, getting XP level ups too.
They threw Echelon requirement out of Ego evolution and made most of the missions easier.
A few months ago, level 5.000 showed something for me. It showed how much of the game you played. But now, it doesn't anymore.

To what you are asking: You may have more score than the other 5k guy, but that doesn't mean you outdamage him. Score is in no way your damage output, sadly. That's why we need damage back on the scoreboards. You could get first while only using a BMG to heal :P
It takes longer, because the enemies are a lot harder, even for someone with the right equipment. Lot of 5k players might not even know which nano to use. I often switch between fire/bio or electrical/bio depending on the enemies.
What I experienced is also that enemies like to shoot at the one doing the highest damage, which in some cases is me and I have to dodge a lot, resulting in me not being able to shoot at all. It's just dodging all the time.
The problem with TL10 is that enemies are double spawning, no matter how many people there are. Double spawned enemies and a lot harder, that's why a mission might take twice as long when not a lof of people are there.

BJWyler
05-23-2014, 05:42 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. I know there is a certain mentality of gamer in our vast community that simply cannot understand the concept that one does not always feel the need to be "good" or "get better" at a game to enjoy it. Some people enjoy playing games just to play them at whatever ability they have. It is a foreign concept to some gamers that there is a vast majority of the community that does not care one whit about skill or their epeen.

TheOz
05-23-2014, 05:47 AM
. . . both me and wife get higher score do more damage and regularly have the mission take twice as long at least with ramped up enemies which we are killing faster than him.

Bad Luck on your side. Whenever I play with 5Ks I rarely have issues of them not pulling their weight. It is the converse that is nearly always true. When that happens the players tend to be under 1k so it is to be expected that they will struggle. Once players have put in the time to reach your level they should be able to compete considering scaled damage.

That being said . . . since this game released I have constantly had a 'Best' loadout, and I rarely use it because it gets boring. I spend much of my time mastering weapons and experimenting with different weapons and loadouts. If I didn't I would have stopped playing a long time ago. If things go sideways, all I have to do is go back to my killer loadout.

rydda
05-23-2014, 06:01 AM

A low ego weapon puts more bullets in to a tl10 npc then a higher ego its the bug.
Lower ego will add up more dmg. Cause it takes more bullets to kill them, higher ego take them out faster, the longer you keep that tl10 npc alive you will all ways put more dmg to them. Let the npc charge there shields you will see whats wrong with it.

wait im worng he most have hold his fire so you guys would get the points.

Festival
05-23-2014, 06:16 AM
I think I usually pull my weight...but I've certainly found myself not doing so when I'm leveling some of the crappier weapon lines. If things are going really badly, I start feeling guilty and switch to a "real" loadout...but otherwise them's the breaks.

XPac
05-23-2014, 06:41 AM
I think I usually pull my weight...but I've certainly found myself not doing so when I'm leveling some of the crappier weapon lines. If things are going really badly, I start feeling guilty and switch to a "real" loadout...but otherwise them's the breaks.

Yeah, I sometimes feel semi-guilty when I'm trying to level up with a crappy weapon and I know I'm not necessarily pulling my weight. But what can ya do? I'm sure everyone's been there.

Jack Horrigan
05-23-2014, 06:45 AM
I love being the 5000+guy and manning up. I whip out my sludge RL so the low ego guys maybe see how armor works but also help remove it. Then I Rambo hardcore. I am most certainly not the best, but in general I'm good at games. Skill level varies and high ego with the new scaling punishes lower skill as much or more so than it rewards good skill. I'm also one of those people that loved the more casual, layed back approach to ego the game had before scaling. Sadly, its here to stay.... Heres hoping you get better luck with random 5k+!

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 06:58 AM
Proud to see everyone not taking offense to the OP's question - it's legit and there's no way to ask it without sounding...not so nice. But, we know you don't mean it that way.

There's a lot of reasons 5K+ may seem like suckage but most of us do slack sometimes. Levelling weapons (for instance I'm about to run around with a rocket launcher all the time to get that done), fear of DC so hiding in a corner until an event is finished (as long as I'm not griefing by hanging around - if my help is needed I don't lurk), etc.

I also like to let lower levels go ahead and get the kill shot if I'm at some event or contract and we're the only two people there - especially in Mt. Tam. So I slack off when the red dots are about to die. I remember how hard it is to get a shot in edgewise when a high level is mowing everything down.

At any rate my skill is medium I suppose, can hold my own pretty much anywhere except PVP...

drackiller
05-23-2014, 07:10 AM
Proud to see everyone not taking offense to the OP's question - it's legit and there's no way to ask it without sounding...not so nice. But, we know you don't mean it that way.

There's a lot of reasons 5K+ may seem like suckage but most of us do slack sometimes. Levelling weapons (for instance I'm about to run around with a rocket launcher all the time to get that done), fear of DC so hiding in a corner until an event is finished (as long as I'm not griefing by hanging around - if my help is needed I don't lurk), etc.

I also like to let lower levels go ahead and get the kill shot if I'm at some event or contract and we're the only two people there - especially in Mt. Tam. So I slack off when the red dots are about to die. I remember how hard it is to get a shot in edgewise when a high level is mowing everything down.

At any rate my skill is medium I suppose, can hold my own pretty much anywhere except PVP...

This here.
No matter how bad a 5K player is...
I sometimes pause my killing spree to allow low lvl player get their kick momment.

I have my weapons at max level, i don`t really care to score at the threshold and beyond.

drackiller
05-23-2014, 07:11 AM

I wasn`t going to...
...but i have: you seem to be one of those...

BJWyler
05-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I sometimes feel semi-guilty when I'm trying to level up with a crappy weapon and I know I'm not necessarily pulling my weight. But what can ya do? I'm sure everyone's been there.

I did it by hitting up Major Arkfalls. Less of an issue there, and geez - the rate at which I polished off BMGs (level 17-20), Rocket Launchers (level 5-20), Detonators (level 5-20), and Combat and Pump shotties (levels 18-20), it was one of the few highlights I had with the scaling system. Only took a few hours all tolled to level up everything over a week or so.

XPac
05-23-2014, 09:01 AM
I did it by hitting up Major Arkfalls. Less of an issue there, and geez - the rate at which I polished off BMGs (level 17-20), Rocket Launchers (level 5-20), Detonators (level 5-20), and Combat and Pump shotties (levels 18-20), it was one of the few highlights I had with the scaling system. Only took a few hours all tolled to level up everything over a week or so.

Yeah, I'm in the process of leveling up by BMG's and Rocket Launchers now, and it's going a lot faster. That's a nice plus to the current system. Prior to the new patch, it took me so long to get anywhere with the freaking rocket launcher that I sort of gave up even trying.

eaglepowers
05-23-2014, 09:06 AM
The new scaling system is screwy. I ran expert coop last night w/ my 700 and my 5200 ego toons. Both w/ different groups of 5k+ and I got 1st w/ my 700ego and 3rd w/ my 5200. My 700 score would've landed me 1st place in both events.

700 is using all blue weapons and my 5200 has an all oj load out. Go figure? I started sending him out for cores at ego 300 and he's scored 1st at least 5x now and hardly last.

So 5k+ don't feel so bad, you can be griefed by low egos. Like mentioned above when the group kills too fast the scores goes down.

700 struggles to compete when running w/ a fast killing group.

Seizan
05-23-2014, 09:13 AM
It becomes a chore when you feel the need to land on top of every scoreboard. Sometimes people just want to take it easy during those expert co-op missions, especially considering they can get extremely repetitive.

Nowadays, when I actually feel like playing, I challenge myself to not only score 1st place in expert co-op but also have 0 downs and the most revives. It's really not that difficult once your ego is high enough and you have decent gear. Of course, you have to play strategically as well.

Odessa
05-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Hey,

for one, it's darn easy to get to level 5.000 now.
Leveling weapons up is really easy, getting XP level ups too.
They threw Echelon requirement out of Ego evolution and made most of the missions easier.
A few months ago, level 5.000 showed something for me. It showed how much of the game you played. But now, it doesn't anymore.

To what you are asking: You may have more score than the other 5k guy, but that doesn't mean you outdamage him. Score is in no way your damage output, sadly. That's why we need damage back on the scoreboards. You could get first while only using a BMG to heal :P
It takes longer, because the enemies are a lot harder, even for someone with the right equipment. Lot of 5k players might not even know which nano to use. I often switch between fire/bio or electrical/bio depending on the enemies.
What I experienced is also that enemies like to shoot at the one doing the highest damage, which in some cases is me and I have to dodge a lot, resulting in me not being able to shoot at all. It's just dodging all the time.
The problem with TL10 is that enemies are double spawning, no matter how many people there are. Double spawned enemies and a lot harder, that's why a mission might take twice as long when not a lof of people are there.

I can get a higher score than my higher level friends when hopping on any of my other toons for this reason. While I am laying into them with my SMG with bio they are taking them out with pure damage. The score shows me as being on top, but I know for a fact that my damage was half of theirs. It's something people who start judging based on numbers need to keep in mind. They REALLY need to put the damage numbers in there...

Leveling up weapons is definitely another reason. Most people left the weapons they hated to use alone. Now they're working on the last of them for various pursuits. I had to borrow sniper rifles and rocket launchers since I never use them, which also meant I was working with whatever I could find instead of a beastly weapon. I have been forcing myself to work on the most annoying ones for my lower toons, just so I'm not stuck at a high TL with a loadout that gets me killed. I was in it for the long haul for my high toon to get to where she is. My lower toon has only been in play since DL5, and even then only a few hours here and there. He's already over the 2K mark with at least 3 weapons leveled to 20. This is with ONLY doing up to Sniper Ridge in terms of story and *maybe* 4/6 pursuits done.

OP: EGO 5K simply means they finished enough pursuits and engaged in enough open world events to get there. Skill is not involved in the final product. It's the amount of time it takes.

konstantinov
05-23-2014, 09:36 AM
I just want to kill sh!t.

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 09:40 AM

The washroom is down the hall, first door on the left.

diogenes
05-23-2014, 10:51 AM
It becomes a chore when you feel the need to land on top of every scoreboard. Sometimes people just want to take it easy during those expert co-op missions, especially considering they can get extremely repetitive.

+1.

I'm a "First/Second Weeker" that stopped playing in September 2013 (about 7 months ago) just after the first DLC dropped. Prior to DLC 1 I'd maxed my ego (5,000) and completed all of the Pursuits. After DLC 1 came out it took a few weeks to finish the DLC Pursuits and then doing things around Paradise became very "wash, rinse, repeat". But mostly, I got tired of scrolling through my growing list of ego 5,000 weapons anytime I wanted to find something (since sorting by "Level" didn't stratify ego 5,000 weapons).

I've been back for a couple of weeks and am still getting used to things, including the following:

1. My 800 or so orange and purple pre-patch weapons were practically worthless vs. current weapons because of the missing rolls.
2. Self-revive rolls are actually desirable (at least, according to what I've gathered from catching up on the forums!?)
3. My old clan has fragmented to the four winds.
4. Oranges RNG like rain in Seattle, even if they still mostly suck.
5. [Insert event]s are easier, if I want them to be.
6. [Insert event]s can be harder, if I want them to be.

Even though I haven't been back very long, I'll probably max out my ego again in a few weeks, and then hopefully Season 2 content will be here.

I'm what would probably be characterized as a casual/stress-relief gamer. I have a busy life outside of Defiance and try to jump on to relieve stress at the end of the day, which essentially means that I could care less if I'm at the top of a leaderboard.

So, to end my essay response to the OP's original question, I'm going to be one of those ego 5,000+s running around Paradise trying to complete Pursuits but not really seeking to buff my standing in the leaderboards, since that's not what I find enjoyable about this game. Quite frankly, I have the most fun now when I'm just reviving others and playing in a support capacity.

In any event, I like that Defiance can accommodate veteran FPS players (like, perhaps, the OP) and other types of players (such as RPGing yours truly).

QuickStirr
05-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Maybe you are being trolled lol

And this is why there grief between both low and high ego. High EGO cry when a low ego ruins there WM, and Low EGO cry when High EGO trolls there conflict site. It's fair game and as far as i know i only see most of the high ego trying to ban the low ego for these kinda things. Just leave us alone there no need for high ego to feel dominate over a video game.

*This comment is not referred to you but the general high ego population that think they are gods of the game*

TheOz
05-23-2014, 11:27 AM
i just want to kill sh!t.

Don't kill Chet!
http://horrorhomework.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/chet-weird-science.jpg

p.s. - hail Hydra!

MAMGRIZZLY
05-23-2014, 11:34 AM

Just did my RL's after finishing BMG's (not as brutal as it used to be). Put on a Bonfire &Sludge RL and go to every DM Arkfall, also used on Hulkers in Explosions101& Soleptor Excavation. Just remember the Ammo spikes &stand near Ammo boxes.

@the OP, I'm just over 5400. I have a loadout for leveling a weapon class or rolling/mastering a paticular weapon. Then I have a Kick Arse class for when there's any trouble. I also have a rarely used 700 toon that I used this weekend. I came in 1st& 2nd in 5 Arkfalls& 1st-5th in numerous Incursions depending on how many roadside emergencies I did. I think is due to the huge Damage Buff that is applied to my weapons when I get bumped up to 4750. I don't get those DMG #'s on my 5400 toon.

@Kon Can you make the Defiance t-shirts please!

Festival
05-23-2014, 11:40 AM

Well...this is Defiance: NGE. So bring ammo...lots and lots of ammo.

Deunan
05-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Score is in no way your damage output, sadly.This. It's unfortunate how uninformed most players are about what score means in relation to damage and contribution to the event so that they constantly look at score as a gage for performance. On top of that the OP is talking about events where they were there first which makes it even more meaningless because the other player is only being scored on part of the mission. I get queued into co-op maps where a bunch of 1000-3000 EGO players are already at the boss and have simply been waiting for a fourth because they have previously been wiping. My score compared to theirs at the end of the mission isn't even remotely indicative of where my performance stands in comparison

Ashlocke
05-23-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it's not so much that folks are bad, but rather that they no longer care.

drackiller
05-23-2014, 12:48 PM
And this is why there grief between both low and high ego. High EGO cry when a low ego ruins there WM, and Low EGO cry when High EGO trolls there conflict site. It's fair game and as far as i know i only see most of the high ego trying to ban the low ego for these kinda things. Just leave us alone there no need for high ego to feel dominate over a video game.

*This comment is not referred to you but the general high ego population that think they are gods of the game*

Remarks a part, you are assuming that all high EGO are the same..we are not. The same as low level ego are not the same.

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Remarks a part, you are assuming that all high EGO are the same..we are not. The same as low level ego are not the same.

I know he doesn't really think that cuz he's said so. Just like any part of life tho, you meet some good and some bad people but for some reason we remember the bad easier.

rydda
05-23-2014, 07:28 PM
This here.
No matter how bad a 5K player is...
I sometimes pause my killing spree to allow low lvl player get their kick momment.

I have my weapons at max level, i don`t really care to score at the threshold and beyond.

I would do the same thing I most of the time take the nano shields off the so the low guy can kill them.

konstantinov
05-23-2014, 07:31 PM
I would do the same thing I most of the time take the nano shields off the so the low guy can kill them.

I kill everything as fast as possible. It doesn't matter what it is or who's there. When it comes to daily conflict sites you're welcome to stay or tag and run but don't sit there afk while I complete it. For the chimera daily I usually speed run them so it's either keep up or get left behind.

Overtkill21
05-23-2014, 07:40 PM
I'd like to know why so many of my fellow High EGO players feel the need to run through an Expert CoOp map instead of facing the enemy hordes?

But I suppose, if EGO were a measure of skill I know a few players who should be EGO 1 million+ already.

What a buncha...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/06/27/88/062788b1820dd3155461ab229dce468e.jpg

konstantinov
05-23-2014, 07:44 PM
I'd like to know why so many of my fellow High EGO players feel the need to run through an Expert CoOp map instead of facing the enemy hordes?

But I suppose, if EGO were a measure of skill I know a few players who should be EGO 1 million+ already.

What a buncha...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/06/27/88/062788b1820dd3155461ab229dce468e.jpg

What's the point of killing all of the mobs?

TheOz
05-23-2014, 07:56 PM
I'd like to know why so many of my fellow High EGO players feel the need to run through an Expert CoOp map instead of facing the enemy hordes?. . .

I prefer to face them but, I can see why one would run through them. Other than cores the rest of the rewards can be earned more efficiently elsewhere.

Had a question about scaling in Expert co-ops. I have been getting put into co-ops as the fourth after they have started a lot lately and they have ALL been with 3 from the same clan. Each time we seemed to beat it very fast, not doing a speed run. Do the enemies weaken when someone leaves and NOT get stronger when someone fills the slot? Are clans going in as 4, having 1 drop to scale it down, then have them rejoin only to have me join to thwart their clamate's return?

Never mind, it is probably coincidence.

konstantinov
05-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I prefer to face them but, I can see why one would run through them. Other than cores the rest of the rewards can be earned more efficiently elsewhere.

Had a question about scaling in Expert co-ops. I have been getting put into co-ops as the fourth after they have started a lot lately and they have ALL been with 3 from the same clan. Each time we seemed to beat it very fast, not doing a speed run. Do the enemies weaken when someone leaves and NOT get stronger when someone fills the slot? Are clans going in as 4, having 1 drop to scale it down, then have them rejoin only to have me join to thwart their clamate's return?

Never mind, it is probably coincidence.

You were in the expert daily with me today.

TheOz
05-23-2014, 08:14 PM
You were in the expert daily with me today.

That I was. I didn't realize you guys were sprinting when I joined late. I was at the initial spawn point alone with about 40 pissed off and confused enemies looking for something to shoot. After I killed about 3/4 of them I saw how far away you guys were so I starting running and bunny hopping past everyone I could so I wouldn't delay starting the boss. Only when I got to the boss did I think, "Maybe I should have swapped to my Blur loadout."

konstantinov
05-23-2014, 08:22 PM
That I was. I didn't realize you guys were sprinting when I joined late. I was at the initial spawn point alone with about 40 pissed off and confused enemies looking for something to shoot. After I killed about 3/4 of them I saw how far away you guys were so I starting running and bunny hopping past everyone I could so I wouldn't delay starting the boss. Only when I got to the boss did I think, "Maybe I should have swapped to my Blur loadout."

You didn't by chance see the 100+ angry mobs trying to run the train on me did you?

Deunan
05-23-2014, 08:27 PM
....Only when I got to the boss did I think, "Maybe I should have swapped to my Blur loadout."

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1290449/picard-facepalm-o.gif

Overtkill21
05-23-2014, 08:32 PM
What's the point of killing all of the mobs?

Score, Keys, Arforge, Salvage, playing the game...

Better question - what would be the point behind running off, setting off all of the double spawn enemies, and leaving them for the players you failed to let in on the whole "let's cheat ourselves out of loot" scheme??

Sounds a whole lot like trolling to me.

You want to "play" the game like that - find four other "players" and NEVER do it with randoms. That would be the correct course of action for "arkhunters" like that.

konstantinov
05-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Score, Keys, Arforge, Salvage, playing the game...

Better question - what would be the point behind running off, setting off all of the double spawn enemies, and leaving them for the players you failed to let in on the whole "let's cheat ourselves out of loot" scheme??

You want to "play" the game like that - find four other "players" and NEVER do it with randoms. That would be the correct course of action for "arkhunters" like that.

We went in with 4 and Puddy disconnected. He joined when we were about to the end.

Score- irrelevant.
Keys- let's face it co ops don't reward you with nearly enough for the time spent killing everything.
Arkforge- I think you get 10 regardless of score
Playing the game- It's still the same co op from a year ago, you're not missing anything you haven't seen a million other times.

The whole cheating ourselves out of loot thing is odd. Let me put it this way. We were doing a speed run because we're about to roll our co ops to the next level for the clan.

So before you pass judgement so quickly Alyn, get the facts first. If you don't believe me ask Duncan. But being as pessimistic as you are it doesn't really matter.

If you queue up solo and you end up in a group with 3 clan mates and they've already run through the map, noone is forcing you to stay. If you don't like the way someone is playing, leave. I've done it myself. But to say we were just trolling is a pretty snobbish assumption. Honestly it's a video game, I'll play it as I want to. If something like that is enough to piss you off, well sir you might take this game too seriously.

TheOz
05-23-2014, 08:55 PM
You didn't by chance see the 100+ angry mobs trying to run the train on me did you?

I think I blocked that vision from my memory.

TheOz
05-23-2014, 08:56 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1290449/picard-facepalm-o.gif

I couldn't describe my feeling at that point any better.

Overtkill21
05-23-2014, 09:07 PM
We went in with 4 and Puddy disconnected. He joined when we were about to the end.

Score- irrelevant.
Keys- let's face it co ops don't reward you with nearly enough for the time spent killing everything.
Arkforge- I think you get 10 regardless of score
Playing the game- It's still the same co op from a year ago, you're not missing anything you haven't seen a million other times.

The whole cheating ourselves out of loot thing is odd. Let me put it this way. We were doing a speed run because we're about to roll our co ops to the next level for the clan.

So before you pass judgement so quickly Alyn, get the facts first. If you don't believe me ask Duncan. But being as pessimistic as you are it doesn't really matter.

If you queue up solo and you end up in a group with 3 clan mates and they've already run through the map, noone is forcing you to stay. If you don't like the way someone is playing, leave. I've done it myself. But to say we were just trolling is a pretty snobbish assumption. Honestly it's a video game, I'll play it as I want to. If something like that is enough to piss you off, well sir you might take this game too seriously.

I wasn't talking about you. I don't believe you were in the match I was referring to. I started a match fresh and two players decided to run off. No one disconnected in the match I am referring to. And yes, I do call it trolling when they spawn all of the enemies and leave them for unsuspecting players. That is clearly trolling.

If you don't have enough clan mates that want to run the map that way then tough you don't run it that way. You don't just engage some unsuspecting player in your little game.

I honestly don't care how anyone feels about the rewards, and you can run the map like that, or any way you want, but the minute you involve a random player you play right. Period.

konstantinov
05-23-2014, 09:11 PM
I wasn't talking about you. I don't believe you were in the match I was referring to. But yes, I do call it trolling when you spawn all of the enemies and leave them for unsuspecting players. That is clearly trolling.

I agree with you there. My mistake Alyn. I thought you were saying I was trolling.

TheOz
05-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Score, Keys, Arforge, Salvage,
If you are trying for the most efficient resource farming playing Expert co-ops for what you listed is not the best. An active and organized clan can facilitate shard jumping to the end of Dark Matter Arkfalls and you can match, if not exceed, rewards for co-ops in well under 10 minutes.

playing the game...
Yea, running past everyone is definitely not 'playing' the game. But . . . After you fend off a tough mob only to have a duplicate version of a five minute slog suddenly standing in front of you, I understand it

Kon wasn't. It was obvious to me once I caught them and saw them all from the same clan and all using blur what happened.
They were speed running, their 4th dropped and I filled slot.

I agree. Kon and his clanmates tried that, but DCs on Defiance can happen anytime as we all know.

Overtkill21
05-23-2014, 09:28 PM
If you are trying for the most efficient resource farming playing Expert co-ops for what you listed is not the best. An active and organized clan can facilitate shard jumping to the end of Dark Matter Arkfalls and you can match, if not exceed, rewards for co-ops in well under 10 minutes.

Yea, running past everyone is definitely not 'playing' the game. But . . . After you fend off a tough mob only to have a duplicate version of a five minute slog suddenly standing in front of you, I understand it

Kon wasn't. It was obvious to me once I caught them and saw them all from the same clan and all using blur what happened.
They were speed running, their 4th dropped and I filled slot.

I agree. Kon and his clanmates tried that, but DCs on Defiance can happen anytime as we all know.

I apologize, I wasn't actually referencing him but an entirely separate incident I had just endured. I came into the map fresh. Two players decided, after we had already spent time killing the first two or three mob spots that they would run off and attempt to jump the map forward. They only succeeded in making sure every mob was active as me and the other player attempted to slog through 100's of 99ers. Then I disconnected due to the ridiculous double mob spawn, times three that they had awoken.

Then I posted. :)

TheOz
05-23-2014, 09:36 PM
I apologize, I wasn't actually referencing him but an entirely separate incident I had just endured. I came into the map fresh. Two players decided, after we had already spent time killing the first two or three mob spots that they would run off and attempt to jump the map forward. They only succeeded in making sure every mob was active as me and the other player attempted to slog through 100's of 99ers. Then I disconnected due to the ridiculous double mob spawn, times three that they had awoken.

Then I posted. :)

Had a guy in a co-op a week back that did that. He kept trying to sprint passed all enemies only to spawn them and then be downed. Made our lives way harder than it had to be. The other 2 players and I worked well together and we eventually stopped reviving the guy. Ironically he was the highest ego player in the session.

Atticus Batman
05-24-2014, 02:50 AM

That sucks, but here's a suggestion. Once you realize how far ahead EVERYONE is, just wipe and extract. You should be thrown up by them. Atleast it worked last time i did that a month or so a go.

HeatherQc
05-25-2014, 09:40 AM
It isn't the player that are bad. It's the game since the DLP 5 is bad. Before that dumb patch everyone was enjoying game and having fun in group. After patch it's better to play alone now. For a so call MMO Trion knew how to kill it.

Big Jack Shepard
05-25-2014, 11:28 AM
That sucks, but here's a suggestion. Once you realize how far ahead EVERYONE is, just wipe and extract. You should be thrown up by them. Atleast it worked last time i did that a month or so a go.
That doesn't always work.

Deirachel
05-26-2014, 12:37 AM
I don't have a problem with speed-running the Expert Co-ops, but I do have a problem with not asking first. It takes, maybe, a minute to type in "Speed Run?" even without a keyboard. Maybe I want to get all the loot cause I'm low on ark salvage or scrip (and the expert Co-ops have a MUCH higher rate of blue/purple drop/min than in any other event, in my experience. On average, I have to clear out space in my inventory at least twice per full run, going in with ~20 slots open. No other events, run for the same amount of time, do I have to do that.)

We were doing a speed run because we're about to roll our co ops to the next level for the clan.

But, this doesn't make sense, either. You get more XP for killing all the mobs, moving the clan's bar faster.

otonagamer
05-26-2014, 07:29 AM
I see no point of speed running expert coop. Expert coop is good source for loot including epic. We should do speed killing instead of speed running.

TheOz
05-26-2014, 07:46 AM
i just want to kill sh!t.

Don't kill Chet!
http://horrorhomework.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/chet-weird-science.jpg

p.s. - hail Hydra!

Man nobody got this reference . . . Damn!

Maybe it just wasn't funny. . . Damn! Damn!

N3gativeCr33p
05-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Man nobody got this reference . . . Damn!

Maybe it just wasn't funny. . . Damn! Damn!

Weird Science.

konstantinov
05-26-2014, 10:57 AM
I don't have a problem with speed-running the Expert Co-ops, but I do have a problem with not asking first. It takes, maybe, a minute to type in "Speed Run?" even without a keyboard. Maybe I want to get all the loot cause I'm low on ark salvage or scrip (and the expert Co-ops have a MUCH higher rate of blue/purple drop/min than in any other event, in my experience. On average, I have to clear out space in my inventory at least twice per full run, going in with ~20 slots open. No other events, run for the same amount of time, do I have to do that.)

But, this doesn't make sense, either. You get more XP for killing all the mobs, moving the clan's bar faster.

So spending an hour plus clearing out an instance when you can speed run the same one probably 10 times in the same amount of time would be more beneficial how? In the end, we ended up speed running regular co ops because it gave the same amount of clan xp. So I'm going to have to disagree with you here.