PDA

View Full Version : chat and scoreboards unresponsive

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-23-2014, 12:19 PM
i have been having a problem with the chat box and scoreboards for a couple of weeks now:

1. i hit left on the d-pad to open chat, then i can scroll up or down through the chat, but the L1/L2 become unresponsive, as does the circle button for closing the chat. i cant open inventory or map, and it ususally takes several minutes, or a game reset, for the problem to be fixed

2. i finish an event and the score/reward screen pops up. i can scroll up and down though the score tiers to see where i placed, but i the X and O buttons are unresponsive for continuing or closing the scoreboard. this again takes several minutes, or a game reset, to remedy.

i have tried 4 different controllers thinking it the original one just wassnt being recognized, but it is the same with all of them.

anyone else have this issue?

CM Kiwibird
05-23-2014, 12:21 PM

I'm also interested in this. Post here if you're also having this issue. :o

dramaQkarri
05-23-2014, 12:28 PM
i have been having a problem with the chat box and scoreboards for a couple of weeks now:

1. i hit left on the d-pad to open chat, then i can scroll up or down through the chat, but the L1/L2 become unresponsive, as does the circle button for closing the chat. i cant open inventory or map, and it ususally takes several minutes, or a game reset, for the problem to be fixed

2. i finish an event and the score/reward screen pops up. i can scroll up and down though the score tiers to see where i placed, but i the X and O buttons are unresponsive for continuing or closing the scoreboard. this again takes several minutes, or a game reset, to remedy.

i have tried 4 different controllers thinking it the original one just wassnt being recognized, but it is the same with all of them.

1. I get this one very rarely and chalk it up to lag (from my experience it's a laggy kind of thing - not a programmer!). It happens when I've been connected a very long time and usually doesn't take long for me to DC after that happens. Similar issue at vendors sometimes.

2. No, never ever had that happen.

My first thought would be controller but you said you tried other ones. Have you tried using a different USB port or always the same one? Do the USB ports on PS3 go bad? Have you tried hardwire controller connection to different USB ports as opposed to wireless connection startup? Have you made sure nothing else in the house is using internet at the time (PC/phone/iPad)? I have a few friends whose mics start getting all lagged out if someone in the house is streaming or downloading.

That's all I can think of to try.

SurudoiKen
05-23-2014, 12:28 PM
I'm also interested in this. Post here if you're also having this issue. :o

I have this issue on the 360. I will open clan chat...scroll and try to back out but it won't. It sort of freezes up on it and if I am lucky it gets better or I have to reset the game. Same thing for the scoreboard...I am afraid of it freezing on me so I usually just press b to back out and go about with my normal routine.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-23-2014, 01:44 PM
1. I get this one very rarely and chalk it up to lag (from my experience it's a laggy kind of thing - not a programmer!). It happens when I've been connected a very long time and usually doesn't take long for me to DC after that happens. Similar issue at vendors sometimes.

2. No, never ever had that happen.

My first thought would be controller but you said you tried other ones. Have you tried using a different USB port or always the same one? Do the USB ports on PS3 go bad? Have you tried hardwire controller connection to different USB ports as opposed to wireless connection startup? Have you made sure nothing else in the house is using internet at the time (PC/phone/iPad)? I have a few friends whose mics start getting all lagged out if someone in the house is streaming or downloading.

That's all I can think of to try.

ive tried wired, wireless, all 4 usb ports... i even tried the playstation remote control... and i still get this quite often, most commonly after sieges and incursions

rebtattoo
05-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Puddy - Ed has this happen to him quite often also. sometimes to the point he has to leave the game and come back in.