PDA

View Full Version : The Dawn Patrol Presents "The 47 Ronin"!

CRIXDA
05-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Hone Your Blades.
Calm Your Minds.
Allow Your Spirits And Your Inner Selves To Reach A State Of Serenity.
Now, Get Ready......

Close Your Eyes.
Inhale.
Exhale.
Open Your Eyes.

On June 7th, At 9 a.m. EST On The XBL NA Server, The Dawn Patrol Will Be Hosting a Very Special Event.
Behind The Shandu Consulate, We Will Gather.
The 47 Ronin.
A Samurai Charge, A Charge To Glory.
No Deathmarch......... Swords And Blades Only.
Wear Your Best 7th Legion Outfit If You Have It.

The 47 Ronin Event Will Last For Three Hours.
The First 47 "Ronin" Who Check In Will Be Logged In And Must Go All Three Hours To Be Entered Into A Drawing To Receive Legendary Weapons And Scrip Prizes.
No Guns Allowed, Just Blades.

This Is The Return Of Season Two And The Return Of Defiance Events.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be One Of The 47 Ronin?
Come And Meet Us On June 7th....... And Let Us Find Out.

rebtattoo
05-23-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm in!

****, I'm on PS3.......And, never bring a knife to a gun fight.....

Have fun, guys!

Griffix8
05-23-2014, 06:02 PM
I may not make it. It'll probably be too early for me but we'll see....

CRIXDA
05-23-2014, 06:10 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/wJZYADBOl5ULm/giphy.gif

GRIFF!!! YOUR KILLIN' ME! LITERALLY!

Griffix8
05-23-2014, 06:16 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/wJZYADBOl5ULm/giphy.gif

GRIFF!!! YOUR KILLIN' ME! LITERALLY!
Can't help it. I have to look after my Grandma in the morning since she got knee surgery. Even if I did get the day off I would just sleep in.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-23-2014, 10:23 PM
good luck with your event!!! if this was on ps3, your rules would read:

The 47 Ronin Event Will Last For Three Hours.
The First 47 "Ronin" Who Check In Will Be Logged In And Must Go As much of 3 hours that discos and crit outs will allow To Be Entered Into A Drawing To Receive Legendary Weapons And Scrip Prizes.

Fiox
05-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm in!

****, I'm on PS3.......And, never bring a knife to a gun fight.....

Have fun, guys!

I always bring a sword to a gun fight XD

Odessa
05-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Argh! I need to do my PvPs that day. Hmmm. I'm gonna tag this just to remind myself... since it sounds like death and dismemberment time.

CRIXDA
05-24-2014, 05:11 AM
It is a blast, Odessa.
Quebra and I sort of did this one night : we were right down the road from San Quentin after an the Kenn Farm Part of the Madera Incursion ended. We had been dueling and laughing and I looked over the ridge to the southeast and saw the roads and things and I told Q that we ought to go over the hill with swords drawn and "dispose of this brigand scum below". I may have said Bandits or something, I don't remember - We were talking about Usagi Yojimbo the Samurai Rabbit and how he and his Ronin friends would travel and do things.
So, out came the blades and down we went.
The Blades worked extremely well.
Before We knew it, our 2 turned into 8 or 9 blade-weilding Arkhunters carving a swath of razor-edged fury all of the way to gates of San Quentin.
And then I sadly had to go.
With at the very least 47 blades, there shouldn't be many challenges for us except maybe a Hellbug Hellion or a Monolith because we honestly "Gillette-d" (damn, that's a brand new word, Gillette'd. Like Gillette the Razor company but past tense I suppose) through Volge Viscera and Hellbug Monarchs and threat level wasn't a big deal.
So, I am excited for this.
Atticus Batmin just called it "a chance to hear Crixda and the guys to get drnuk and make fools of themselves."
I believe that Bats said that. We always have fun during these.
Are you going to make it?

PseudoCool
05-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Sounds like fun.. perhaps someone will do the same some day on the NA/PC server instead of the typical death march. Hopefully you'll put up a video or thread with some pics at least so we see how ya'll do and who the winners are :) (big hint)

ArkHunter Z
05-24-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm in. Time to put together a nice melee build. I'll even throw in some legendary weapons for the prize pool.

Talvaris
05-24-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm down for this. This sounds like a lot of fun and a good chance to really be a samurai. Can also donate a few legendary items for this as well. To get the items send a message to gamertag WAG61283

Odessa
05-24-2014, 09:32 AM
It is a blast, Odessa.
Quebra and I sort of did this one night : we were right down the road from San Quentin after an the Kenn Farm Part of the Madera Incursion ended. We had been dueling and laughing and I looked over the ridge to the southeast and saw the roads and things and I told Q that we ought to go over the hill with swords drawn and "dispose of this brigand scum below". I may have said Bandits or something, I don't remember - We were talking about Usagi Yojimbo the Samurai Rabbit and how he and his Ronin friends would travel and do things.
So, out came the blades and down we went.
The Blades worked extremely well.
Before We knew it, our 2 turned into 8 or 9 blade-weilding Arkhunters carving a swath of razor-edged fury all of the way to gates of San Quentin.
And then I sadly had to go.
With at the very least 47 blades, there shouldn't be many challenges for us except maybe a Hellbug Hellion or a Monolith because we honestly "Gillette-d" (damn, that's a brand new word, Gillette'd. Like Gillette the Razor company but past tense I suppose) through Volge Viscera and Hellbug Monarchs and threat level wasn't a big deal.
So, I am excited for this.
Atticus Batmin just called it "a chance to hear Crixda and the guys to get drnuk and make fools of themselves."
I believe that Bats said that. We always have fun during these.
Are you going to make it?

Color me impressed... you got QR to swap out his Grind Fragger? Props! *grins*

Deirachel
05-24-2014, 09:43 AM
I'll be there.... doing a XBL chat at the same time, I assume?

(Oh, and charge blades count too right?)

CRIXDA
05-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Sure Did, Odessa!

For those who don't know who Usagi Yojimbo is :

http://mayorparaleercomics.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/usagi00.jpg

The Rabbit in the front is Usagi.
I envision all of us like that, a bunch of different colors and shapes and sizes all coming at someone with fury and fire.

Dierachel, bring that charge blade on!

Fangs too!

Atticus Batman
05-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Sure Did, Odessa!

For those who don't know who Usagi Yojimbo is :

http://mayorparaleercomics.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/usagi00.jpg

The Rabbit in the front is Usagi.
I envision all of us like that, a bunch of different colors and shapes and sizes all coming at someone with fury and fire.

Dierachel, bring that charge blade on!

Fangs too!

He met the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0767638/

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-2-24-the-big-brawl-part-2-leonardo-vs-miyamoto-usagi-yojimbo-tmnt-2003.jpg

{EDIT} By the way Crix, I found a pic of us from a few weeks ago! Here it is!

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj615/Silverager1969/BatmanandUsagiYojimbo.jpg

Smiit
05-24-2014, 03:25 PM
So its like dueling or something? Im interested.

ArkHunter Z
05-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Its not so much dueling, but just a tidal wave of blade wielding maniacs, coming down hard on some Votan, Mutant, 99er, Dark Matter , and Hellbug a s s e s with a fury never before seen in Paradise.

Just sayin.

Griffix8
05-24-2014, 03:58 PM
So its like dueling or something? Im interested.
More of a samurai deathmarch from how I understand it.

CRIXDA
05-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Batmin, that is one of the coolest things that I have seen.
Awesome find!

And yes sir, Smitty - It is a "Samurai Charge" which is kind of like a Death March. But the....Death Marches are so '013.
Besides, since the Incursions, who REALLY Death Marches anymore, Hmmmmm?
So we wanted to give it a remix in our own special way and make it kind of fun and cool.
Heck yes, We can duel during breaks and mess around too - we need like 100 duels, right?
Let's get this Ginsu Festival blowin' up huge and have a blast, leave some hellbug sushi quiverin' all over the place and literally cut the firegrass from Madera all the way to the Dogpatch.
(Or somethin').

ArkHunter Z
05-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for adding to the fun. Dawn Patrol appreciates all participants.

ArkHunter Z
05-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks for adding to the fun. Dawn Patrol appreciates all participants.

I meant to quote Talvaris, thanks dude.

CRIXDA
05-25-2014, 11:15 AM
keep on bumpin this, Xboxers.
We need mad participation and excitement.
if Defiance is stale and boring to you, then you make it UN-stale and UN-boring.
I just turned 5000 after playing 14 months and I never took a break from Defiance, fun and cool activities with other people will bring things back to life for you.
bump
bump
bump
50 pts to Gryfyndor

EternalRain
05-25-2014, 11:25 AM
good luck with everyone looking like the generic survivalist lol....

Griffix8
05-25-2014, 11:35 AM
good luck with everyone looking like the generic survivalist lol....
Its the principle that counts. People without 7th Legion can go. Just use a sword of some sort.

EternalRain
05-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Its the principle that counts. People without 7th Legion can go. Just use a sword of some sort.

Swords will still look like shotguns....Good Luck in any case.

Jack Horrigan
05-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Ok, wasn't going to say anything. I hate samurai, don't have 7th legion (or any DLC), and find the Dawn Patrol regular forum posters to be a bit pretentious but what the heck. I'm in. Can I use my old prepatch brutal frc shotty with melee nano and melee dmg mastery? I won't shoot it, I swear! Not even sure if I can use a sword but I don't have one.

Griffix8
05-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Ok, wasn't going to say anything. I hate samurai, don't have 7th legion (or any DLC), and find the Dawn Patrol regular forum posters to be a bit pretentious but what the heck. I'm in. Can I use my old prepatch brutal frc shotty with melee nano and melee dmg mastery? I won't shoot it, I swear! Not even sure if I can use a sword but I don't have one.
You can use the Castithan workaround and buy a really cheap charge blade, the charge blades count. You apparently don't need the dlc to use one. I could be wrong though....

Bentu
05-25-2014, 04:30 PM

Yeah I'm pretentious and wtf of it!!!!!!!!!!

tandrisa
05-25-2014, 04:43 PM
anything that promotes clan unity deserves a bump

Griffix8
05-25-2014, 05:05 PM
anything that promotes clan unity deserves a bump
Its not just for the clan. Its for anyone. We're just gonna host it, anyone can jump in if they want.

tandrisa
05-25-2014, 05:13 PM
yea but it still brings the clan into it so its always cool to see that, its nice to go to a darkfall and see all those blue clan member arrows

CRIXDA
05-25-2014, 07:38 PM
We are "pretentious"?
Honestly?
I will say this: I am a total f-up. I flip-flop on stuff and I am mad sometimes but most of the time I am a supportive community member who is rediculously silly.
Pretentious? Not me.
I am just needing more shock treatments and prescription pain killers.
Just have fun and don't be serious - You can't around here or people will make your head explode liike that guy in the movie "Scanners".

Jack Horrigan
05-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Super props for the scanners reference. I'm sure someone will post a gif... I do almost always agree with you guys. Thats why I'd like to meet and play at least this once. But you never answered my question about swords. Can I use/borrow one and if not is my best melee weapon an acceptable substitute?
Also bump for my approval.

Griffix8
05-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Super props for the scanners reference. I'm sure someone will post a gif... I do almost always agree with you guys. Thats why I'd like to meet and play at least this once. But you never answered my question about swords. Can I use/borrow one and if not is my best melee weapon an acceptable substitute?
I have an extra sword you can have. What's your EGO? It may be a bit low of a level for you but still....
Dunno about the second part though.

ArkHunter Z
05-25-2014, 10:00 PM
I have an extra sword you can have. What's your EGO? It may be a bit low of a level for you but still....
Dunno about the second part though.

Swords cannot be traded, unfortunately. Just bring some of whatever you wanna use and have a good time.

ArkHunter Z
05-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Bump Bump Bump.

#becausegrenades

Battle5Star
05-26-2014, 12:11 AM
I would jump in, this sounds fun, just my baby ego NA character doesn’t have a sword yet. :o

Deirachel
05-26-2014, 12:53 AM

What time do you play? If you send me a freind request, and I'm on, we can run the first or second Thorn Liro arena so you can get the rep needed to just buy a sword. (Same to you Battlestar.... or anyone else that needs it. Just put in your friend request 47 Samurai, and I'll know)

Atticus Batman
05-26-2014, 03:04 AM
What time do you play? If you send me a freind request, and I'm on, we can run the first or second Thorn Liro arena so you can get the rep needed to just buy a sword. (Same to you Battlestar.... or anyone else that needs it. Just put in your friend request 47 Samurai, and I'll know)

this right here. Except my friends list is always full so I am afraid a message will have to do. I am usually on from 7pm Pst to 2am Pst. Sorry I do not know all that GMT stuff people want me to use to list times, so you will have to look it up yourselves.

All you have to do, is have a friend with Dlc 1, go into the arenas and drag you in, and you will earn the rep as well. Yu will get 25 rep everytime that you gold an arena. You will also get some of the thorne liro achievements for doing the arenas even though you do not own the Dlc.

Bentu
05-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Re the Thorn arenas, you can get a sword for just completing them all, but if you want a pretty coloured on yes grind for rep, it doesn't take long.

Jack Horrigan
05-26-2014, 06:06 AM

Next time I'm on I'll send a friend request. I hate the swords and have no desire to have one but this does sound like a fun social event, and I've been playing this game lone wolf since my buddy stopped playing...

N3gativeCr33p
05-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Re the Thorn arenas, you can get a sword for just completing them all, but if you want a pretty coloured on yes grind for rep, it doesn't take long.

And in my case, I got a pretty colored sword from my Extra Life fundraising last year. :)

Mr666
05-26-2014, 07:43 AM
The L3gion will aid you and we will bring the alliance clans too

Mudturtle Jones
05-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Crix, I'll try to be there. Depends on my work schedule, but I've always wanted to be part of:

a tidal wave of blade wielding maniacs.

CRIXDA
05-26-2014, 05:03 PM
See?
Now THIS is what I am talking about.
Thank You Mr. 666 and all of the alliance! Thank You everyone for stepping up so far!
It is so Uber-Important for us to do community events like this, to bring as many of us together as possible because basically - we are all that we have.
JUNE 7TH AT 9 A.M. BEHIND SHANDU CONSULATE
The Swords are fun, especially with a horde of psychos chop chop chopping up everything!
Let's do it!
It'll be like "back in the day", Mudturtle!

ArkHunter Z
05-26-2014, 06:58 PM

Not sure if its intentional, but u have Detective Chimp as your forum avatar pic... I have every issue of Shadowpact from DC. He is awesome. And mostly drunk. HA! DC Nation for life! Suck it Crixda! (He's one of those snotty Marvel fans that I love to hate. But he is a Clan Founder so mostly I just talk **** when he's not in the chat party. Wait....did I just say that on the forums??? Yup.)

Maybe me and Crix need to have a duel to settle the DC vs. MARVEL beef. Sword style. Hmmmmmmm....

ArkHunter Z
05-26-2014, 07:00 PM
If I totally derail this thread, then its #becausegrenades

CRIXDA
05-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Nothing like a rediculous univerise with poorly invented origins to enjoy, eh Z?
The only one that makes sense is Batman for God's sake and he is just a regular guy!
Look, when it comes down to it (and Pink will back this).....

http://infiniteammodotnet.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/make-mine-marvel.jpg?w=640

And now, back to.....

http://scriptshadow.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/savage-47-ronin-24886-1920x1080.jpg

Yep!

ArkHunter Z
05-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Well, honestly....the reason DC is referred to as the distinguished competition...is actually because someone over at Stan Lee's house coined the phrase as a dig against the "other" guys.

I do truly believe that its fitting now more than ever, as the mature stories being told (by a lot of former "marvels" in the industry...ironic...?) and being told well...DC has something Marvel doesn't.

#finally stories than make sense and are very well "told" and not just re-told.

;)

Atticus Batman
05-27-2014, 01:29 AM

Bentu, in order to get the sword for completing the arenas, you need to own Dlc1 and you need to get silver on all of the arenas.

But anybody who does NOT own the DLC can join a friend in the arenas, earn the thorne liro rep and buy a better blade than the crappy green one that Dlc1 owners are given for getting silver on all dlc1 arenas.

Jack Horrigan
05-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Thanks Atticus. Finally a full answer. Now I just need to get someone to let me into those thorn arenas...
Now does anyone know how many arenas I'll need?

drackiller
05-27-2014, 02:00 AM
Thanks Atticus. Finally a full answer. Now I just need to get someone to let me into those thorn arenas...
Now does anyone know how many arenas I'll need?
A lot, you need to do many many repeats to get enough rep to buy the sword.

Atticus Batman
05-27-2014, 02:15 AM
Nothing like a rediculous univerise with poorly invented origins to enjoy, eh Z?
The only one that makes sense is Batman for God's sake and he is just a regular guy!
Look, when it comes down to it (and Pink will back this).....

http://infiniteammodotnet.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/make-mine-marvel.jpg?w=640

And now, back to.....

http://scriptshadow.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/savage-47-ronin-24886-1920x1080.jpg

Yep!

Really? You mean because anybody can survive enough gamma radiation to kill an elephant, or survive space radiation melting their body, like the Hulk and Victor Von Doom, respectively? Sure Crix, sure. Anyway, no matter how you look at it, we can find some kind of similarity between Marvel and Dc, wether it's dc/marvel counterparts or similiar gadgets.

Let me start
DC: Marvel:
Green Arrow Hawkeye
Batman Punisher
Doctor Fate The Watcher
Green Lantern Silver Surfer
Darkseid Incredible Hulk
Doom Red Hulk

There are some for you. Now we basicly have 2 choices:

1: Team up like these 2
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/215/3/2/Spiderman_and_Batman_final_by_Rustyoldtown.jpg

2: fight, like these 2

http://avagidenavlanir.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/dcvsmarvel_03_10.jpg

We all know I am DEFINITELY Dc nation, but I do see the point of some Marvel. So I say we follow Batman and Spiderman's lead and get along. Besides isn't it more important that we all kill shtako with our blades?!

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/151/7/2/samurai_batman___close_ups_by_yusepe-d51t08w.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/167/6/0/Commish__Psylocke_by_johnnyrocwell.jpg

Jack Horrigan
05-27-2014, 04:11 AM
Lmao, I love comic book fights! The best part is when Marvel nerds mention "reality" or "believable". Dude, they both make no sense. Batman is the best comic character, no one disputes this, DC wins. Sorry Crixda... Also I definately need to see that movie. I like Keanu, plus I just got around to finally watching Kill Bill vol2. I'm actually getting amped for this idea, but I still haven't got any help getting a sword...

N3gativeCr33p
05-27-2014, 06:12 AM
I honestly don't see what all this debate is about... because let's face it - both companies have good characters in their comics, and both have crappy characters in their comics. End of story. :)

drackiller
05-27-2014, 06:17 AM
I like Manga too :)

Shadow Andreas
05-27-2014, 08:11 AM
Really? You mean because anybody can survive enough gamma radiation to kill an elephant, or survive space radiation melting their body, like the Hulk and Victor Von Doom, respectively? Sure Crix, sure. Anyway, no matter how you look at it, we can find some kind of similarity between Marvel and Dc, wether it's dc/marvel counterparts or similiar gadgets.

Let me start
DC: Marvel:
Green Arrow Hawkeye
Batman Punisher
Doctor Fate The Watcher
Green Lantern Silver Surfer
Darkseid Incredible Hulk
Doom Red Hulk

There are some for you. Now we basicly have 2 choices:

1: Team up like these 2
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/215/3/2/Spiderman_and_Batman_final_by_Rustyoldtown.jpg

2: fight, like these 2

http://avagidenavlanir.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/dcvsmarvel_03_10.jpg

We all know I am DEFINITELY Dc nation, but I do see the point of some Marvel. So I say we follow Batman and Spiderman's lead and get along. Besides isn't it more important that we all kill shtako with our blades?!

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/151/7/2/samurai_batman___close_ups_by_yusepe-d51t08w.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/167/6/0/Commish__Psylocke_by_johnnyrocwell.jpg

LOVE the Psylocke pic!!!!

Zugo
05-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Sounds fun, I'll be there.

FYI, Charge blades also drop from T4 boxes if you don't have the Castithan DLC. That's where I got mine.

Jack Horrigan
05-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Ok, good times. Back on topic, I got enough rep to get a sword... Even if it is blue.
More importantly BUMP

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 11:23 AM

You will be flogged with a wet ramen noodle as punishment for missing the event! :P

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Ok, good times. Back on topic, I got enough rep to get a sword... Even if it is blue.
More importantly BUMP

I have the Chimer Fang, but at a lower ego. Point being, I'll likely grand a few THORN arenas to grab a new levld orhange charge blade. I'd hold out for at least a purp Jack. Look for me.

Odessa
05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
I believe the Chimera Fang is stronger, but I haven't checked to see if you can level them up like other weapons. Can you?

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 11:47 AM
To add to the bounty, I'll throw in 500k scrip, and a 4222 ego OJ FRC SCATTERGUN (poop shoes nano, and monster mag/dmg rolls).

That said, the 47 RONIN event is not about the bounty... it's about ark hunters putting aside their petty differences for 3 hours to strike fear into the hearts and minds of the denizens of Paradise, with honor and steel!

We'll shake the pillars of Heaven, and perhaps even the TRION servers.

To stay anchored in the same shard throughout the event, we'll stay in area chat, and link via sub groups of Shinsengumi (subgroups, "ICHIBON", "ONI", "TENGU", "KIRIN", "USAGI", "SOHEI", "YAKUZA", "KENSAI", etc. are already in the process of forming.).

Embrace the bushido code, draw your blade, or stand aside and cower as we pass...

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 11:49 AM
I believe the Chimera Fang is stronger, but I haven't checked to see if you can level them up like other weapons. Can you?

my understanding is that the Chimera Fang was no different than a standard OJ charge blade of the same level, except in appearance. The chimera weapons from the goals have been sadly underwhelming and not unique. I could level it, but I'm hoarding arkforge like an ancient dragon. ;)

Odessa
05-27-2014, 11:54 AM
my understanding is that the Chimera Fang was no different than a standard OJ charge blade of the same level, except in appearance. The chimera weapons from the goals have been sadly underwhelming and not unique. I could level it, but I'm hoarding arkforge like an ancient dragon. ;)

I can't recall offhand, but is this the one that won't show any color/hue unless you do a charge attack? I love my purple colored one and didn't want to waste getting another on a weapon that you couldn't see it on.

I really do think it's stronger as far as damage, but the look doesn't make me do an "Oooh! Shiny!" I've been hoarding arkforge too, but am hesitant to level anything. I keep hoping to get a decent replacement. :D

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Argh! I need to do my PvPs that day. Hmmm. I'm gonna tag this just to remind myself... since it sounds like death and dismemberment time.

I'd consider it the highest of honors if you would deign to join us... at least for part of it.

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Color me impressed... you got QR to swap out his Grind Fragger? Props! *grins*

It's a rare day when I put "THE REGULATOR" aside for a blade in the open world, but it was a great day. I was amazed at how many other players stopped what they were doing, and pulled swords to join the fray.

For the record, I always speed run the easy coops with a sword. :)

Odessa
05-27-2014, 12:00 PM
It's a rare day when I put "THE REGULATOR" aside for a blade in the open world, but it was a great day. I was amazed at how many other players stopped what they were doing, and pulled swords to join the fray.

For the record, I always speed run the easy coops with a sword. :)

HA! I do too! For one, it's the loadout that has Blur on it. Sword and Stingray FTW!

ME: HIIIIII YAAAAA! *charged attack*
Group: Really? On Piercer?
Me: HIIIII YAAAAA! *three more times*
Piercer: You CANNOT... STOP... THE EMC. *dies*
Me: *gloats*

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah I'm pretentious and wtf of it!!!!!!!!!!

I think we have our first duel contestants... I'll take on the winner! "chicken dinner"! :)

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 12:02 PM
I would jump in, this sounds fun, just my baby ego NA character doesn’t have a sword yet. :o

The THORN LIRO awaits! :)

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 12:04 PM

props out for answering the rally cry!

RONIN FTW!

N3gativeCr33p
05-27-2014, 12:18 PM
We'll shake the pillars of Heaven, and perhaps even the TRION servers.

Great reference, sir!

http://squishystudios.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

Griffix8
05-27-2014, 12:44 PM
You will be flogged with a wet ramen noodle as punishment for missing the event! :P
Oh no, what ever shall I do?

No promises but I'll TRY to make it, gotta see if someone can cover for me in order to get online but its likely I'll miss it.

N3gativeCr33p
05-27-2014, 12:48 PM
No promises but I'll TRY to make it, gotta see if someone can cover for me in order to get online but its likely I'll miss it.

That makes two of us... I have stuff to take care of this weekend, just hoping that I can have a few hours early Saturday morning to play ninja battle with the rest of Dawn Patrol before I have to leave the house.

Shadow Andreas
05-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I will definitely try to make it for some/most of this.....but I do have IRL responsibilities to take care of.

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Oh no, what ever shall I do?

If you can't you can't, if you show up for 10 minutes, that's good too. I'm just giving you some @!#&^ for general amusement purposes :)

it's all good "birdshot" :P

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Great reference, sir!

http://squishystudios.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

it's sad how many of us own and have memorized that movie... don't get Crixda started ;)

Griffix8
05-27-2014, 01:00 PM
it's sad how many of us own and have memorized that movie... don't get Crixda started ;)
Even I know that movie and its way past my time.

If you can't you can't, if you show up for 10 minutes, that's good too. I'm just giving you some @!#&^ for general amusement purposes :)

it's all good "birdshot" :P
I'm so gonna find an OJ Syphon birdshot, call it Little Chupy and shoot you with it....I'll probably lose the duel but no matter!

N3gativeCr33p
05-27-2014, 01:13 PM

It's a classic! (IMHO)

I own a copy of it on DVD, and I've memorized many of the lines from it... still don't think it's sad. :)

ArkHunter Z
05-27-2014, 01:39 PM
It's a classic! (IMHO)

I own a copy of it on DVD, and I've memorized many of the lines from it... still don't think it's sad. :)

Its available on Netflix right now...!
I'll recommend it highly. 5 samurai blades out of 5.

Lillith Valerian
05-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Marvel vs. DC feuds are inane, and despite leaning toward Marvel more often then not, I've never had a predilection for such things. It's impossible to categorically define any one character or title as superior to another. Calm down, nerds.

Boom is releasing an ongoing comic book series that's a direct sequel to the movie, and it's releasing next month. It may end up being worth while, and has some interesting possible film implications.

http://www.slashfilm.com/big-trouble-in-little-china-comic-sequel/

I have boots identical to the ones Gracie is wearing in that poster. They're my favs.

CantstopthesignalMal
05-27-2014, 07:20 PM
all I need to know, is this event open to NINJAS?
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU1OTQwNzUyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTI0NzU2NA@@._ V1_SY1023_CR27,0,630,1023_AL_.jpg

Atticus Batman
05-27-2014, 07:49 PM
all I need to know, is this event open to NINJAS?
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU1OTQwNzUyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTI0NzU2NA@@._ V1_SY1023_CR27,0,630,1023_AL_.jpg

It's open to all that show up on Xbox NA.

I will of course be there for atleast a little while as well.

CRIXDA
05-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Brutal. I didn't get to see the pic from you, cantstopthesignalMal.
And Batmin, yes - the Psylocke pic was amazing too.
"No Horsesh!t, Wang."

I am very glad that this event is picking up steam and excitement, a lot of smaller clans and independents are picking up the buzz ingame. I am spreading the word during Warmaster events and also in Zone chat.
Don't forget - we will be dueling a bunch : we need 100 so this will be a great time to get them in because there will be tons of dance partners!
Make sure we spread the word, comic book nerds! There might be a random cool exclusive comic book giveaway! Ask Arkhunter Z, I have some primo swag: all in acid-free bags, sleeves and backing boards. The same crap that "The Library of Congress" uses to preserve their dookie.
Cool?
Feel the love?
Taste the STEEL!
47 RONIN!

Jack Horrigan
05-28-2014, 01:02 AM
Bump for support. I got a couple legendaries to get rid of and I'd HATE to just junk em.

ArkHunter Z
05-28-2014, 04:43 AM
Brutal. I didn't get to see the pic from you, cantstopthesignalMal.
And Batmin, yes - the Psylocke pic was amazing too.
"No Horsesh!t, Wang."

I am very glad that this event is picking up steam and excitement, a lot of smaller clans and independents are picking up the buzz ingame. I am spreading the word during Warmaster events and also in Zone chat.
Don't forget - we will be dueling a bunch : we need 100 so this will be a great time to get them in because there will be tons of dance partners!
Make sure we spread the word, comic book nerds! There might be a random cool exclusive comic book giveaway! Ask Arkhunter Z, I have some primo swag: all in acid-free bags, sleeves and backing boards. The same crap that "The Library of Congress" uses to preserve their dookie.
Cool?
Feel the love?
Taste the STEEL!
47 RONIN!

Yes, Crixda has swag. And a Damn fine collection of comics as well. I'm ready to slice n dice and duel my way through the hills of Madera.

#47robin #dawnpatrol #ninjaswag

N3gativeCr33p
05-28-2014, 05:11 AM
"No Horsesh!t, Wang."

"Nothing or double, Jack."

CRIXDA
05-28-2014, 06:37 AM
"Nothing or double, Jack."

I can't go with the obvious, CR33P3R.

http://www.wingkong.net/media/chars/chu/chu.jpg

"What the hell is Gracie Law doing here....?"

Anyway, back to 47 Ronin business:
Keep beating the bushes, Arkhunters. Let's see if we can get a hundred sword-weilding maniacs on June 7th! It should increase the odds for something VERY VERY COOL!!!

ArkHunter Z
05-28-2014, 08:56 AM
I can't go with the obvious, CR33P3R.

http://www.wingkong.net/media/chars/chu/chu.jpg

"What the hell is Gracie Law doing here....?"

Anyway, back to 47 Ronin business:
Keep beating the bushes, Arkhunters. Let's see if we can get a hundred sword-weilding maniacs on June 7th! It should increase the odds for something VERY VERY COOL!!!

2 questions:

1. Should we start a sign up thread?
2. Is Sake a required beverage for this event?

PhantasieTrion
05-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Good day Ark-Samurai

This sounds like a great idea!

Crix and I talked, and Trion will toss in some prizes as well.

Each person who signs up here on the forums (I saw someone suggest a sign-up thread, good idea) and is confirmed attending the event will be entered in a draw.

After the event we will randomly choose a winner(s) who will get 47 (+3) Arkforge.

For each additional multiple of 47 samurai who attend, we will add an additional Arkforge prize. So spread the word - the more samurai the more prizes.

As Crix posted, the event is open to all!

I'll do my best to show up, and I'll let people around the office know (6AM PST (9AM EST) is early for us western warriors). Trick said he will try and make it as well.

Shadow Andreas
05-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Good day Ark-Samurai

Each person who signs up here on the forums (I saw someone suggest a sign-up thread, good idea) and is confirmed attending the event will be entered in a draw.

After the event we will randomly choose a winner(s) who will get 47 (+3) Arkforge.

For each additional multiple of 47 samurai who attend, we will add an additional Arkforge prize. So spread the word - the more samurai the more prizes.

I'll do my best to show up, and I'll let people around the office know (6AM PST (9AM EST) is early for us western warriors). Trick said he will try and make it as well.

Thanks Phantasie, the DAWN PATROL appreciates your support! I too am a "western warrior" and play almost every morning but also realize that it is not easy to do. Hope to see some of you in game come Saturday!!!!

N3gativeCr33p
05-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Good day Ark-Samurai

Consider my blade sharpened... good stuff!

Lillith Valerian
05-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Did anybody read this?

http://time.com/121287/daredevil-charlie-cox/

David Goddard dropping out was a blow to the potential tone of the series, and now this is apparently a thing that is happening. I'm not a regular reader, but I don't see it. He must have a potential that I'm missing...

CantstopthesignalMal
05-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Good day Ark-Samurai

Domo arrigato PhantasieTrion sama-san!

A bowl of breakfast ramen for you:
http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/3pDnRM4vl1BJe1V_Y6f7DA/l.jpg

any word on KIWI, SCAPES attending?

Jack Horrigan
05-28-2014, 12:50 PM
I was already excited. Now I almost don't need my morning pick me up today!!! Consider me officially signed up and if anyone didn't catch it before I'm giving out a couple of Oranges. Now if someone wants you to help me get the rep for the orange sword....

Griffix8
05-28-2014, 01:06 PM
I was already excited. Now I almost don't need my morning pick me up today!!! Consider me officially signed up and if anyone didn't catch it before I'm giving out a couple of Oranges. Now if someone wants you to help me get the rep for the orange sword....
I can help you. When are you on?

Lucent
05-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Ok, I'm going to try to be there!! I think I might have a weekend conflict, but I definitely want to join in!!

Please fix our sedge hat pigtails before then....! :P

Griffix8
05-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Now the question remains...Where is the sign up sheet?

Bentu
05-28-2014, 01:17 PM
2 questions:

1. Should we start a sign up thread?
2. Is Sake a required beverage for this event?

Odessa
05-28-2014, 01:53 PM
( snip )
Please fix our sedge hat pigtails before then....! :P

Iknowright?

MoreHedzthanHydra
05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
I can help you. When are you on?

I'd like to join that party. I also need a few more liro rep to get a fresh OJ sword before the event.

Aftershock
05-28-2014, 02:45 PM
sign me up:cool:

GT: Nveontrix

CantstopthesignalMal
05-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Can we get a sign-up sticky?

Griffix8
05-28-2014, 02:49 PM
I'd like to join that party. I also need a few more liro rep to get a fresh OJ sword before the event.
If I find you in game I can help you. I need bolt sniper kills and that Yuke Arena is waitin'....

Consider me signed up as well.

MoreHedzthanHydra
05-28-2014, 02:55 PM
If I find you in game I can help you. I need bolt sniper kills and that Yuke Arena is waitin'....

Consider me signed up as well.

Don't worry, I'll find you for the Yuke arena this eve if you are around. It's a shame you can't use the lightning rifle for your sniper kills.... ;)

Griffix8
05-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Don't worry, I'll find you for the Yuke arena this eve if you are around. It's a shame you can't use the lightning rifle for your sniper kills.... ;)
*Sad face* I know...Ugh I just don't wanna pay 10 bucks to use a single gun....-__-:

Atticus Batman
05-28-2014, 03:03 PM
I will be there. But I am sure, that's known by now! LOL Btw I am now OFFICALLY decked out in my Samurai gear for it! <---- Check my Av!

CRIXDA
05-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Check this out....?
Well Well Well.
It always is amazing when the community blows up and we come together for the sake of having fun!
I have talked to Arkhunter Z and We are going to post another 47 Ronin sign up thread perhaps if there isn't one...

Jack Horrigan
05-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Sweet, since this seems to have the approval of the powers that be can we get a sticky signup thread? Also, I'm in game now chilling at the light house. If someone could do me a favor and swipe their VIP card so I can sneak in I'm gonna get the rep for an orange sword tonight.

ArkHunter Z
05-29-2014, 04:59 AM
Bump. Sign up in the sticky thread!

Bentu
05-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Would someone be kind enough to post a sword melee perk build or point me in the right direction please.

Quebra Regra
05-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Would someone be kind enough to post a sword melee perk build or point me in the right direction please.

I'm by no means an authority, but I run with some of this:
BLUR
hyperactive
endurance runner
second wind
sonic strike
bloodlust
nothing to lose
escape artist
toughness
cellular armor
regeneration

I'm bring a backup weapon to break armor. I'm also considering a NINJA melee build around CLOAK. I wish I was clearer on how the flinching mechanic works for Intimidation.

Griffix8
05-29-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm bring a backup weapon to break armor. I'm also considering a NINJA melee build around CLOAK. I wish I was clearer on how the flinching mechanic works for Intimidation.
No guns, just blades.

MoreHedzthanHydra
05-29-2014, 11:45 AM
No guns, just blades.

I'm o.k. if a few folks (especially anyone who does not have a blade), ct as BMG medics. I will be doing some armor busting with my secondary when necessary, switching back to the sword when the armour is down.... unless I get a poop-shoes blade mod before then. :P

Griffix8
05-29-2014, 11:55 AM
If someone doesn't have a blade then getting one for them wouldn't be hard if they just asked. It'd be cheating to use guns. If everyone who signs up jumps on then we're going to have so many swords running around that we won't have to worry about breaking armor, they enemy will already be dead.

If someone gets downed then they have a ton of other players around that's going to pick them up.

Quebra Regra
05-29-2014, 12:27 PM
If someone doesn't have a blade then getting one for them wouldn't be hard if they just asked. It'd be cheating to use guns. If everyone who signs up jumps on then we're going to have so many swords running around that we won't have to worry about breaking armor, they enemy will already be dead.

If someone gets downed then they have a ton of other players around that's going to pick them up.

Wait I thought we were sposta tea-bag them when they go down!?!?!
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/stephen-colbert-popcorn-gif1.gif

Atticus Batman
05-29-2014, 04:27 PM

If someone gets downed then they have a ton of other players around that's going to pick them up.First, you can not trade swords, so they have to earn therir own. Second if you want to go take on the san Quentin Hulker at Tl ten with your sword by yourself to show us that you NEVER need a gun, then be my guest. Btw here's a history lesson for you. MOST smart Samurai ALWAYS had a crossbow with them for good measure. Since we do not have bows, we should be smart enough to have a gun equipped. Besides if we use a gun and break armor then the stuff will die easier.

Griffix8
05-29-2014, 04:49 PM
First, you can not trade swords, so they have to earn therir own. Second if you want to go take on the san Quentin Hulker at Tl ten with your sword by yourself to show us that you NEVER need a gun, then be my guest. Btw here's a history lesson for you. MOST smart Samurai ALWAYS had a crossbow with them for good measure. Since we do not have bows, we should be smart enough to have a gun equipped. Besides if we use a gun and break armor then the stuff will die easier.
First, someone pointed that out already hence why I said I'll help them get one instead. Second I'm just stating, Crix wanted just swords and no guns

I'm not stupid, I realize that enemies will be tough at threat level 10 and yes I do know that breaking the armor will help. Going in guns blazing is like going into that No Cloak Shadow War with Cloak anyways.

Atticus Batman
05-29-2014, 04:51 PM
First, someone pointed that out already hence why I said I'll help them get one instead. Second I'm just stating, Crix wanted just swords and no guns

I'm not stupid, I realize that enemies will be tough at threat level 10 and yes I do know that breaking the armor will help. Going in guns blazing is like going into that No Cloak Shadow War with Cloak anyways.

Crix also said Healers are fine. They will NOT have swords. And Crix is smart enough to know we will sometimes need a gun or grenade to take out the armor.

Btw I didn't do that bad excuse of a Shadow War, because I knew it would just be OC detonators spawn killing. Like they normally are with that clan.

Griffix8
05-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Just saying, all that was said was no guns.

Atticus Batman
05-29-2014, 06:21 PM

Problem with that is in order to insure NO guns, you would have to make everyone unequip their guns. Since my melee spec is built around the 7th leg unity, you are NOT gimping my syn by having me remove the gun. Even if I choose not to fire it, it is here to stay.

N3gativeCr33p
05-30-2014, 05:11 AM

Well... I only have one OJ Extra Life sword, so I need something to use as a secondary weapon.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/pitxlol/faces/2csi87k.gif

ArkHunter Z
05-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Bump! Sign up with your XBL gamertag and in game name in the sticky thread to make sure your entered for prizes and Legendary gear!

#47ronin

Shadow Andreas
05-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Well... I only have one OJ Extra Life sword, so I need something to use as a secondary weapon.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/pitxlol/faces/2csi87k.gif

I'm backing with my BMG in the secondary slot.

Atticus Batman
05-30-2014, 05:00 PM

Get me a Bmg with Unity syn then I may replace my gun with that, but otherwise the gun stays! :p

Quebra Regra
05-31-2014, 05:03 AM

We will be using swords! We'll also bring a ration of common sense.

No cloak shadow war is for whiny "no cloak" babies... pretty silly when you consider all the other exploits. Just one persons exploit preference against another.

The point of the 47 ronin event is to use swords, this does not mean that we will not heal, etc. Those who were there know we have done this before. Bring your sword, be happy and don't get hung up on "rules".

I'm not a huge fan of hard-fast arbitrary rules... try translating my name sometime.

B4Ugo
05-31-2014, 06:14 AM
Dawn patrol has done it again!

In honor of your 47 ronin The Tsk Tsk clan will be sponsoring a pre-free RONIN BLADE TSUNAMI EPIC EVENT!!!!

All weekend long The Tsk Tsk clan will slice our way through paradise in an EPIC EVENT
We will give out Epic and LEGENDARY PRIZES!!
Ronin weekend challenge if you can defeat Tsk Tsk clan leader SHADOWWIND in a sword duel win a LEGENDARY RBTEW PRIZE PACK!!!! are you up to the challenge?!!

If you do not have your blade yet Tsk Tsk leaders will go thru Liro or 7th arenas to help you earn your blade!!!

This is a PS3 NA event all weekend long 5-31-2014 until ??we decide to stop the chop??

Come join the fun as we slice up paradise!!

Atticus Batman
05-31-2014, 03:42 PM
We will be using swords! We'll also bring a ration of common sense.

No cloak shadow war is for whiny "no cloak" babies... pretty silly when you consider all the other exploits. Just one persons exploit preference against another.

The point of the 47 ronin event is to use swords, this does not mean that we will not heal, etc. Those who were there know we have done this before. Bring your sword, be happy and don't get hung up on "rules".

I'm not a huge fan of hard-fast arbitrary rules... try translating my name sometime.

Search Que's name and you find he has a love of gasmasks in all games that have one!

This pic look familiar Que?
http://d34ymitoc1pg7m.cloudfront.net/bf4/soldier/xlarge/ch-engineer-31b3446f.png

Btw love the dogtag! Lol

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/bl-cdn/cdnprefix/e1ab4b50b914d07a93944b01a035072c00b51044/public/profile/warsaw/gamedata/dogtags/xlarge/advanced272.png

N3gativeCr33p
06-02-2014, 06:37 AM

I might do the same, seeing as how I still need to level up my BMG skill higher.

MurdError23
06-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Hey there Dawn Patrol. This is Ri7ua1z 23 from PC-NA clan United Legions. Since i heard rumor of your sword event, i've been inspired to suggest getting a PC-NA interclan event going, and have suggested it to our leader, Leviticus. I did give credit to Dawn Patrol for the idea, and i'd be stoked if you guys would be okay with us doing this! we did a dry run with just 10-15 clannies the other night, from erep camp to bug'n'chug, and it was total genius. mad props to you evil geniouses on xbox, hella fun!!

Quebra Regra
06-27-2014, 09:25 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I loved the event. I really wish we had started at the Erep camp and slashed up some muties!

it's a really fun concept if you get enough slashers to act as a school of hungry piranha! I've never seen a Volge Viscera go down so quick!

N3gativeCr33p
06-27-2014, 09:28 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I loved the event. I really wish we had started at the Erep camp and slashed up some muties!

it's a really fun concept if you get enough slashers to act as a school of hungry piranha! I've never seen a Volge Viscera go down so quick!

I totally agree... one of the more entertaining Defiance events that I've ever been a part of!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/KurtClapping_zpse86c6e1c.gif

CRIXDA
06-27-2014, 09:36 AM
heck yes! make it happen!

Cyborg Superman
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
i'll be there

Shadow Andreas
06-27-2014, 10:46 AM
heck yes! make it happen!

As CRIXDA has given his blessing....I do the same. Anyone that wants to do an event that we have done....I'll always say "GO FOR IT!!!", the key is to have fun within the community. Happy hunting on the PC!!!!