PDA

View Full Version : Cheat?

Tallon
05-23-2014, 09:54 PM
just got done putting down some volge at Iron Demon and shortly after saw a guy level his pistols and lmg's a couple notches, and his assault rifles from 15 to 20. Don't know how this is possible... took me awhile to level my stuff up. He was ego 1280. Maybe it is possible, but I wasn't the only one to notice and he sure logged out quick when a couple people were checking him out. Anybody else been able to level their weapons that quick?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-23-2014, 10:06 PM
cant speak for assaults cuz i been at 20 for ages, but i can tell you i was leveling sniper rifles 3-4 levels per monolith from level 8 to about 15-16. after that, it was about one level per monolith. if you can get a lot of crits, with the new damage system it is possible to level very quickly

ConcreteSnake
05-23-2014, 10:06 PM
When you have a boosted ego, yes. I started a new took and leveled my ARs from 1-5 in about 4 clips. The thing is they didn't change the XP requirement for skills but guns do a butt load more damage at higher egos or when boosted.

Chump Norris
05-23-2014, 10:13 PM
The ego codes give you some skill upgrades. I dont remember how many you get but maybe he had some of those saved.

Tallon
05-23-2014, 10:13 PM
I guess I can see it if it was a monolith, maybe... (I guess I worked way too hard to level my guns pre patch's), but after a few volge? Doesn't seem right, but then again, can't remember this game ever being "right".

The ego codes give you some skill upgrades. I dont remember how many you get but maybe he had some of those saved.
maybe, but I was higher than 1280 when I leveled my gear to 20, (with all the codes) and had to work hard at it too.

Not saying he was cheating, just saying I don't know if he was or wasn't.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-23-2014, 10:19 PM
I guess I can see it if it was a monolith, maybe... (I guess I worked way too hard to level my guns pre patch's), but after a few volge? Doesn't seem right, but then again, can't remember this game ever being "right".

its possible after a few volge. its like snake said, the old system you needed X number of points of damage to increase a level, and you did X amount of damage each shot. but now, your gun that used to do 200 damage does 3000 damage per shot, while the skill level still only requires X amount of damage to advance.

Ashlocke
05-23-2014, 11:07 PM
This is what happens when the Devs inflate only SOME things in the game and not everything. Weapons do 10x the damage they used to, Mobs now take 1000x the damage they used to, but skills still only need the original XP to level up and since weapon XP is basically "damage done = XP gained", compounded by your EGO going up and down like a yoyo depending on who is near you which changes your damage output, and so this is the end result.

Atticus Batman
05-24-2014, 02:25 AM

This could be it. If you leave those skill upgrades in claims then you can claim them at a later time so you don't have to grind forever for the last couple of levels.

Logain
05-24-2014, 07:24 AM

This is probably what happened as I had a bunch of ARs level from entered in EGO codes from the initial launch and it was about 4 or 5 if I remember correctly.