PDA

View Full Version : can we get a draft of the june 4th patch/update notes?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-24-2014, 07:40 AM
i know its a couple weeks away, and you may not have complete patch notes, but can we at least get a draft of what you know for sure will be included on june 4th? it would be nice to have time for the community to see whats in store for them, and ask questions with more than 24 hours to expect a response.

rebtattoo
05-24-2014, 09:20 AM
As much as I agree, sadly I don't think it'll happen.

I think they delay the release of the notes purposefully so we don't have time to bombard them with questions before it drops.

Etaew
05-24-2014, 09:29 AM
I think we should potentially include a birdcall to the kiwi creature for a draft set of notes before the May 30 livestream, so that we can ask them appropriate questions a week before release.

rebtattoo
05-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I think we should potentially include a birdcall to the kiwi creature for a draft set of notes before the May 30 livestream, so that we can ask them appropriate questions a week before release.Sounds like a good idea, man.

Whippy
05-24-2014, 11:11 AM
+1 to getting draft notes

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-24-2014, 11:16 AM
I think we should potentially include a birdcall to the kiwi creature for a draft set of notes before the May 30 livestream, so that we can ask them appropriate questions a week before release.

wheres Bone when you need him, lol

CM Kiwibird
05-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Well, we'll need to check with the team, but with all the changes that are coming that does seem like a good plan. :o

konstantinov
05-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Well, we'll need to check with the team, but with all the changes that are coming that does seem like a good plan. :o

amen sista

PhantasieTrion
05-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys

Skip to the bottom for the answer, or read the steps below if you're interested in how we generate Patch Notes.
Patch notes go through quite a few stages:

The life of a patch note starts with an individual developer. They fix a bug, and send out a "Release Note" on that bug to QA. Should the bug be a public facing issue, they include a Community/Patch Note description. This is often in a very rough format, wont use standard terminology and isnt fact checked.
QA verifies the reproduction steps on the bug confirming that it was fixed. If it was, the description is transferred into a rough Patch Notes word document.
We have the added complication of server patches vs client patches. We have full control over Server patches. Client patches need certification by Sony/MS. This takes time. This means a bug may be fixed but may not be going out right away. We need to make sure that our Patch notes reflect this.
Note: Patch notes get added and removed frequently from this word document - for instance - we may have to do a hotfix for a certain bug, and that bug has other fixes it is dependent on - we need to go through and make sure we get the corresponding Patch Notes removed from patch 1.5YY and into 1.5XX.
If it is a client patch, certification on consoles may reveal bugs that we missed (and changed patch notes)
Regression testing may change the Patch Notes.
Once we get close to a release, the build is locked to dev changes and as we get closer to release, it is locked for general bug fixes (meaning they are handled on a case to case basis, depending on severity).
Once we have locked the Patch Notes, we do a pass on them checking accuracy, terminology, etc. Various people have input on this.
Once we have a final pass of the Patch Notes, Trick, Scapes, Morganna, myself and a few others have a meeting and review every note individually - we discuss each one, analyzing them from a Community aspect, playing devils advocate, making sure we aren't assuming something that the Community may not, etc etc. (We recently added this in an attempt to improve our patch notes for you).
We need to localize the final notes in German/French.

So what does this tl;dr block mean? We haven't done a final review of the F2P patch notes yet, so I would be nervous about posting them because of misscommuncation - I would hate to see an improperly written patch note cause further forum issues.

That said, I'll send Morgana an email (though I'm sure she will have read this before Monday :) ) to see (no promises) if we can do a quick pass on the current notes and get them out mid next week for you. If we do this, please treat as such - not final.

Sound good?

(I've simplified alot of the above too, alot of the sections above are more detailed)

** Edit - took me a long time to write this up and Kiwi posted in the mean time:

Good idea! Lets give it a shot!

rebtattoo
05-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Hi Guys

Skip to the bottom for the answer, or read the steps below if you're interested in how we generate Patch Notes.

The life of a patch note starts with an individual developer. They fix a bug, and send out a "Release Note" on that bug to QA. Should the bug be a public facing issue, they include a Community/Patch Note description. This is often in a very rough format, wont use standard terminology and isnt fact checked.
QA verifies the reproduction steps on the bug confirming that it was fixed. If it was, the description is transferred into a rough Patch Notes word document.
We have the added complication of server patches vs client patches. We have full control over Server patches. Client patches need certification by Sony/MS. This takes time. This means a bug may be fixed but may not be going out right away. We need to make sure that our Patch notes reflect this.
Note: Patch notes get added and removed frequently from this word document - for instance - we may have to do a hotfix for a certain bug, and that bug has other fixes it is dependent on - we need to go through and make sure we get the corresponding Patch Notes removed from patch 1.5YY and into 1.5XX.
If it is a client patch, certification on consoles may result in new bugs (and changed patch notes)
Regression testing may change the Patch Notes.
Once we get close to a release, the build is locked to dev changes and as we get closer to release, it is locked for general bug fixes (meaning they are handled on a case to case basis, depending on severity).
Once we have locked the Patch Notes, we do a pass on them checking accuracy, terminology, etc. Various people have input on this.
Once we have a final pass of the Patch Notes, Trick, Scapes, Morganna, myself and a few others have a meeting and review every note individually - we discuss each one, analyzing them from a Community aspect, playing devils advocate, making sure we aren't assuming something that the Community may not, etc etc. (We recently added this in an attempt to improve our patch notes for you).
We need to localize the final notes in German/French.

So what does this tl;dr block mean? We haven't done a final review of the F2P patch notes yet, so I would be nervous about posting them because of misscommuncation - I would hate to see an improperly written patch note cause further forum issues.

That said, I'll send Morganna an email (though I'm sure she will have read this before Monday :) ) to see (no promises) if we can do a quick pass on the current notes and get them out mid next week for you. If we do this, please treat as such - not final.

Sound good?

(I've simplified alot of the above too, alot of the sections above are more detailed)

** Edit - took me a long time to write this up and Kiwi posted in the mean time:

Good idea! Lets give it a shot!This sounds bloody fantastic! And, very much appreciated!

Market
05-24-2014, 12:11 PM
This sounds bloody fantastic! And, very much appreciated!

Seconded! ;)

Etaew
05-24-2014, 12:16 PM
That said, I'll send Morganna an email (though I'm sure she will have read this before Monday :) ) to see (no promises) if we can do a quick pass on the current notes and get them out mid next week for you. If we do this, please treat as such - not final.

Thanks for the explanation of what goes into the patch notes :)

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-24-2014, 04:00 PM
thank you for the very informative reply phantasie. thats all i really wanted was a draft of some of the bigger things. we dont need a ton of detail (although it would be nice).

i appreciate the response from you and kiwi both!!!

CRIXDA
05-24-2014, 04:25 PM
http://images.45cat.com/aldo-nova-fantasy-portrait-3-s.jpg

FREAKIN' PHANTASIE coming through huge again!

HeatherQc
05-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Trion is better to fix the annoying bullet sponge enemies. I'm getting tired to wasting bullets and lots of time to kill the overflow spawn of enemies. They should play there game so they would understand what we are experimenting. I prefer to play alone now since it's freaking annoying to play with my friends with this broken threat level and bullet sponge enemies.

DSW
05-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi Guys

If it is a client patch, certification on consoles may result in new bugs (and changed patch notes)

i definitely want to read more about that certification process now.

PhantasieTrion
05-24-2014, 08:45 PM
i definitely want to read more about that certification process now.

Re-reading that, I did not mean to say that certification would cause bugs. Rather, certification could reveal bugs.

Either way - when I get some time - I can give you all more insight into how the certification process works, if you're interested.

Wi7cher
05-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Hi Guys

Wow, communication is getting better and better! It remembers me at the beginning of Defiance. At that time the communication was awesome! Thanks for sharing these info and keep up your good work!

KasperSheitup
05-25-2014, 02:24 AM
I'm amazed by this thread.
Actually actively working with the players to maybe sort out some kinks and quirks before release.
Pretty awesome,

Phantasie has to be the best Defiance dev in a long time :)

KasperSheitup
05-25-2014, 02:25 AM
Re-reading that, I did not mean to say that certification would cause bugs. Rather, certification could reveal bugs.

Either way - when I get some time - I can give you all more insight into how the certification process works, if you're interested.

PLEASE. We are. Very much.
Thank you.

DSW
05-25-2014, 04:18 AM

thanks for clarification and yes, i'm interested in it.

3rdpig
05-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Wow, I love the new communication, thanks Phantasie and Kiwi.

I have three questions after reading about the certification process. And I mean them sincerely, I'm not just giving you guys a hard time.

1. Since the last several patches have broken many things, at what point is the current certification process failing? Because it's pretty apparent that it is failing at some point.

2. Since Trion is short handed, can player interaction in the cert process improve it so that future patches avoid some of the problems?

3. Where do I sign up? The game has become boring to me, but attempting to help fix future patches would spark new interest. I'm PC-NA and I've been a self employed IT person for 17 years.

konstantinov
05-25-2014, 09:56 AM

I have three questions after reading about the certification process. And I mean them sincerely, I'm not just giving you guys a hard time.

1. Since the last several patches have broken many things, at what point is the current certification process failing? Because it's pretty apparent that it is failing at some point.

2. Since Trion is short handed, can player interaction in the cert process improve it so that future patches avoid some of the problems?

3. Where do I sign up? The game has become boring to me, but attempting to help fix future patches would spark new interest. I'm PC-NA and I've been a self employed IT person for 17 years.

^ This...........

CRIXDA
05-25-2014, 11:10 AM
someone stopped me from throwin' some roundhouse kicks in here.
ya'll had best speak up for Kiwi!
NO body puts Kiwi Babe in the corner.

PhantasieTrion
05-25-2014, 11:37 AM
ya'll had best speak up for Kiwi!

Agreed :)
Kiwi and I talk all the time - so just because I post something, there's a good chance the information originated from another team member!

drackiller
05-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Agreed :)
Kiwi and I talk all the time - so just because I post something, there's a good chance the information originated from another team member!
I like it, i like it alot. Keep on this open line and let us be more involved in the works.
Kiwi is doing an amazing job, she started this new age and she`s been tireless. Scapes is also doing a great job and even Trick as been showing up in the forum lately to clarify certain matters.
And you Phatasie are also doing an amazing job , openly discussing this things with the players.

Note that i personally don`t understand the technical stuff but i appreciate the interaction and i`m only writing in this thread to thank you all for your work.

DSW
05-25-2014, 12:43 PM
I like it, i like it alot. Keep on this open line and let us be more involved in the works.
Kiwi is doing an amazing job, she started this new age and she`s been tireless. Scapes is also doing a great job and even Trick as been showing up in the forum lately to clarify certain matters.
And you Phatasie are also doing an amazing job , openly discussing this things with the players.

Note that i personally don`t understand the technical stuff but i appreciate the interaction and i`m only writing in this thread to thank you all for your work.
while i understand tech talk (i'm IT person too:), i don't understand why it took more than a year to finally get a team of people who would answer our questions. It's more of rhetorical question though because i doubt someone with knowledge would ever answer it.

jackdaws_1999
05-25-2014, 01:22 PM
It would be awesome if we could help test things on the xbox servers too, maybe have a third region called "brokdead stuff" where we can log on and test stuff for you? I know I have asked for this in the past, but there are definately things on console that are not seen on pc due to limited resources of the system (not a flame on consoles, I develop for console so trust me, its limited).

Loving the input btw, would love to actively help you guys out. As a fully qualified test engineer and developer (indie) I appreciate the need for more hands make lighter work (and need more communication), so would love to help out a brotha from another production motha...

Kiwi and the whole cm team are top notch peeps, we may not see eye to eye, but we loves y'all. Dev team, you have been quiet for a long time, nice to see you coming out of the batcave with steamed glasses and coffee stained shirts, we hope to hear more from you in the future... we even hope Trick posts more... if he can find the time... in his busy schedule of playing on livestreams... and shouting "let them eat cake" out of his office door. Im joking of course, I know he's busy, would be nice to get his input on changes though, even just a short line on why certain things got decided on... not fixes, just changes, we know why fixes get done.. thats just obvious... because grenades...

drackiller
05-27-2014, 01:20 AM
Bumping for interest :)

PhantasieTrion
05-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Hi 3rdPig

Sometime after F2P, I'll post a more detailed description of how certification (and client patches) work with Defiance.
So this is just a quick response for now: The Certification phase (console only) for PS3/XBox is not as vigorous as a Gold Master/Release/Final certification. Mostly, it involves tech checks - proper security, version-ing, trophies, network access, etc, etc.

I'll ignore the assumption about being short handed.

When I say "Cert" I'm referring to the actual certification by Microsoft or Sony for release on their console, since they control the distribution of the client executable. This certification happens after the game goes through our own internal QA. So this isn't something that the player base could really have interaction in.

But I think you are more referring to general stability, crashes or gameplay bugs.

You're obviously aware, but we do have our Public Test Servers (PTS). Many of you have asked why we don't use this more often. There are reasons but - again - I'd like to give you a proper response to this, rather then a quick one now. I will in the future.

There were other posts asking about the equivalent of PTS on consoles. This isn't really feasible. For example, to do this on XBox we would need to create a new Title/SKU - each release would need to go through a longer certification before it could go live. Sharing patch data bewteen the game and this PTS SKU would be very tricky (if at all possible).
Also - one of the points of PTS is that we can quickly iterate on changes and push out new patches to the community to test/fix them. I sure you can see that having a week (or even more) turn around just to get through certification, plus the prep (~1 week) to get the build ready for Cert somewhat negates its effectiveness.

(These are just a few of the reasons, there are many others)

Where do I sign up? The game has become boring to me, but attempting to help fix future patches would spark new interest. I'm PC-NA and I've been a self employed IT person for 17 years.

Good to see another IT person! :)

I like the idea of both improving our PTS, and making use of the vast knowledge about the game we have here on the forums. (I mean that, I'm really surprised by how much some of you know)
However, one of the challenges in something like this is QA is not as easy as most people think. A description of a bug with no real reproduction steps means you are spending valuable engineering time trying to figure out how it happens.
The QA challenge is (not just) understanding what the problems is, but coming up with (only the) detailed steps that exactly reproduce the problem. This is difficult in games, and even more so in an MMO with many, many different variables.
Once reproduced, the steps get supplied to the engineer. They fix that problem. QA does the exact same steps again to confirm it no longer happens. (simplified, and being in IT you get this, I'm explaining for everyone).

But I'm sure there is a middle ground where PTS reports could be used as a basis for bugs generated by QA (we do this behind the scenes sometimes anyway, using the forums as a starting point for bugs)

I know I'm not giving you a definitive answer - we are all pretty busy with F2P coming up so this isn't something I could organize or commit to now. But I would like to explore it more when things slow down.

Sound good?

PhantasieTrion
05-27-2014, 10:51 PM
(not a flame on consoles, I develop for console so trust me, its limited).

As a fully qualified test engineer and developer (indie) I appreciate the need for more hands make lighter work

Hi Jackdaws

Post some details, if you can, about your indie project in the off topic section - I'd love to hear about them!

I'm working on my own indie/side project game at home in XNA on the 360/PC. It will likely never see the light of day since since, but maybe one day Ill get it up on the XBox Marketplace.

3rdpig
05-28-2014, 09:17 AM
I know I'm not giving you a definitive answer - we are all pretty busy with F2P coming up so this isn't something I could organize or commit to now. But I would like to explore it more when things slow down.

Sound good?

Thanks for the response, I wasn't expecting a definitive answer, specially not this close to a major update. And my mentioning that the process is breaking down or that Trion is short handed wasn't meant as an insult, just as a player observation, one that I suspect is commonly held.

I've used the PTS server in the past and posted issues. I stopped for reasons I won't go into, but I'm more than willing to begin again. While I've had no experience with consoles and my game experience is that of a gamer, I've got boatloads of experience in solving software issues of other kinds and I expect the process is similar. So when it's up again I'll dive in, along with many others I'm sure, and we'll see if we all can't improve the process and take some load off you guys.

Thanks again!

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-28-2014, 10:58 AM
even though i am very excited to learn about the cert process, and even more excited by this independent testing team that is forming, i havent seen anything about the OP since the e-mail was sent to Morgana. is there an update?

CantstopthesignalMal
05-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Trion is better to fix the annoying bullet sponge enemies. I'm getting tired to wasting bullets and lots of time to kill the overflow spawn of enemies. They should play there game so they would understand what we are experimenting. I prefer to play alone now since it's freaking annoying to play with my friends with this broken threat level and bullet sponge enemies.

Agreed that there are still some issues. To level the playing field to some small degree, try using BIO nano weapons with the associated armor breaking perk equipped. Focus on headshotting those with heads as critical hits bypass armor.

Mad ups to Phantasie for defining the process. :)

CantstopthesignalMal
05-28-2014, 11:11 AM
while i understand tech talk (i'm IT person too:), i don't understand why it took more than a year to finally get a team of people who would answer our questions. It's more of rhetorical question though because i doubt someone with knowledge would ever answer it.

I bet I can answer this, as it's the bane of my existence... MANAGEMENT (or lack thereof). :(

CantstopthesignalMal
05-28-2014, 11:12 AM

Amen and halleluiah!

CM Kiwibird
05-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Is there an update?

We're working on getting it sorted! :o

rebtattoo
05-28-2014, 11:29 AM
6 days and counting...

I refer to my first post of this thread, unfortunately.

Whippy
05-28-2014, 11:31 AM
This thread is absolutely fantastic. For once instead of people continuously slating each other and the dev's, everyone is polite, helpful and willing to work together to make this fantastic game even better. This game had potential from day 1 and maybe now, we are beginning to see that potential come to fruition.

Skullsuku
05-28-2014, 12:11 PM
HeatherQc b glad that u don't pay for bullets. Yet

PhantasieTrion
05-28-2014, 09:42 PM
even though i am very excited to learn about the cert process, and even more excited by this independent testing team that is forming, i havent seen anything about the OP since the e-mail was sent to Morgana. is there an update?

Morgana just emailed me earlier - she is about 3/4 of the way through the rough notes and needs to finalize a few more things tomorrow, then she should be able to post them! Sorry for this taking a bit longer, I forgot Monday was a holiday when I originally posted this!

Clarity Page
05-29-2014, 05:54 AM
Morgana just emailed me earlier - she is about 3/4 of the way through the rough notes and needs to finalize a few more things tomorrow, then she should be able to post them! Sorry for this taking a bit longer, I forgot Monday was a holiday when I originally posted this!

Thanks, good to hear, also thanks to Morgana. I think we are all eager to see what the update brings

Rokea
05-29-2014, 07:18 AM
6 days and counting...

I refer to my first post of this thread, unfortunately.
Till more disconnects abound

Market
05-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Morgana rocks!! Tentative patch notes are up and what I'm seeing so far is awesome!!

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160912-Patch-1.600-Draft-Notes!&p=1505212&viewfull=1#post1505212

CM Kiwibird
05-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Morgana rocks!! Tentative patch notes are up and what I'm seeing so far is awesome!!

JUST YOU WAIT. It gets better. I'm super excited for the full patch notes! :o

Quebra Regra
05-29-2014, 02:26 PM

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160912-Patch-1.600-Draft-Notes!&p=1505212&viewfull=1#post1505212

NICE! looks like awesomeness. :)

Quebra Regra
05-29-2014, 02:27 PM

I'm diggin what's in there now.

Care to dangle a tidbit? :)

Tell me it's nano blade mods, and bald headz?

Xervez
05-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Rough version of patch notes are up, this caught my eye

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER
* Competitive multiplayer damage reduction is now capped so that no combination of perks, shields, stims, or anything else can reduce incoming damage by more than 95%. PvE damage reduction is unchanged. We will monitor the amount, and adjust as needed!

what exactly does this mean?

is their now a cap on how much damage reduction you can get?

and if there is what is it because 95% damage reduction is still really way too high in competitive multiplayer.

The most Damage Reduction you should beable to get in total should be around 50-60% give or take from everything, anything more would be too much... in competitive multiplayer.

The percentage of total damage reduction definitely should be discussed for competitive multiplayer...

other then that the rough patch notes look good...

For ex.

OJ 7th Legion Shield with a nano resist = 80% damage reduction on that nano

add in the nano resist perk = 15% damage resist on that nano

add in cellular armor = 6% damage resist overall (non stacking with rear guard)

add in rear guard = 15% damage resist back overall (non stacking with cellular armor)

We currently have that formula, so right now with one of those shields you can get a 100% damage reduction from that nano.

Does the new change bring the overall reduction down to only 95% or lower please explain in detail...

Market
05-29-2014, 02:51 PM

You're such a tease ;)

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Teasing+bird_c43057_4860098.gif (http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Teasing+bird_c43057_4860098.gif)

CM Kiwibird
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
You're such a tease ;)

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Teasing+bird_c43057_4860098.gif (http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Teasing+bird_c43057_4860098.gif)

Trust me, it will be worth the wait! :o

Quebra Regra
05-29-2014, 02:55 PM
You're such a tease ;)

OMG, that gif! That bird is a troll! :)

Odessa
05-29-2014, 03:37 PM
"CO-OP MAPS
* Explosions 101: Dekuso will now go through all his stages when dealt massive damage. "

OMG... :(( I loathe this map. Longest trek and when you are in with Dekuso you have NO cover to regain your shield/armor. I'm thinking this is going to be a skip on Expert for me from now on. *sigh* If they have the weapons and perks to take him down I don't see why we HAVE to go through scripted stages.

Clarity Page
05-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Trust me, it will be worth the wait! :o
Ok you have got me hooked now, It sounds really good, is it free strawberry icecream for all defiance players?

Shadow Andreas
05-29-2014, 04:08 PM
is it free strawberry icecream for all defiance players?

Nope....Samoa GS cookies!!!!! :)

CM Kiwibird
05-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Ok you have got me hooked now, It sounds really good, is it free strawberry icecream for all defiance players?

Goodness no! Not everyone likes strawberries. Keep an eye on the patch notes and on the dev tracker! Updates will be posted there. :o

Atticus Batman
05-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Nope....Samoa GS cookies!!!!! :)

I want those! I'd gladly pay you on Furfle day for a Samoa today!

Atticus Batman
05-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Goodness no! Not everyone likes strawberries. Keep an eye on the patch notes and on the dev tracker! Updates will be posted there. :o

No strawberry for Birdy?! Odd birdy!

Lucent
05-29-2014, 04:16 PM
I am loving what there is in the 1.600 patch notes.
Very very pleased.

Market
05-29-2014, 07:19 PM

You have my on the edge of my seat! A week isn't long to wait, but it's going to feel like it! :p

If not strawberry ice cream, how about pineapple milkshakes?!?!

PhantasieTrion
05-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Glad to see some positive feedback on the patch notes!

Market
05-29-2014, 11:53 PM

I won't speak for everyone, but I'm glad to see so much communication from the Defiance team. It really feels like our voices are getting heard around here and that alone has me pretty stoked. ;)

duction
05-30-2014, 12:13 AM
It's good to see you guys respond and listen as the player base who use the forum are your regular players.

drackiller
05-30-2014, 04:35 AM

We are glad to see good feedback and good work. :)

N3gativeCr33p
05-30-2014, 05:43 AM

Amazing what a little communication will accomplish, eh? ;)

Deunan
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Once we have a final pass of the Patch Notes, Trick, Scapes, Morganna, myself and a few others have a meeting and review every note individually - we discuss each one, analyzing them from a Community aspect, playing devils advocate, making sure we aren't assuming something that the Community may not, etc etc. (We recently added this in an attempt to improve our patch notes for you).I'd like to know when this practice was implemented in relation to the Defiance Team's failure to notify the community of the very substantive change in the reward and claims section mechanics for daily and weekly rewards (i.e. removing the ability to accumulate them in claims on a going forward basis).

If it was implemented before that change then you guys clearly need to work harder and more conscientiously in this regard because it's common sense that that change should have been disclosed conspicuously whenever that change went live. If it was implemented after that happened then let it serve as a reminder to you of the total lack of common sense that governed disclosures prior to this practice and inspire you to do better in the future.

CM Kiwibird
06-10-2014, 12:43 PM
It looks like this was already referenced within a different thread. Here is the response:

This methodology is the same for design changes as well. Unfortunately, this change did not have a note paired with it which is why it didn't make it to our public patch notes. It was not an attempt to be stealthy as that only serves to antagonize our community and that isn't what we want. We've since improved our patch note review process to specifically address the issue of missing changes in patch notes. This was a legacy issue from the previous methodology and for that we sincerely apologize.

This was, unfortunately, a legacy issue from the previous methodology.

Bonehead
06-10-2014, 12:48 PM
It looks like this was already referenced within a different thread. Here is the response:

This was, unfortunately, a legacy issue from the previous methodology.

I didn't like that methodology much.

Scapes
06-10-2014, 12:49 PM
I didn't like that methodology much.

Neither did we as it caused unnecessary friction between the game and its players. The new system involves a lot more pairs of eyeballs from different teams.

Market
06-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Neither did we as it caused unnecessary friction between the game and its players. The new system involves a lot more pairs of eyeballs from different teams.

It shows. It's also very refreshing and greatly appreciated! There's even been a few things recently that made wonder if you guys get any sleep! ;)

Holy Bahamut3
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM

Still mistakes happen from time to time, and at least you guys can admit them and move forward. That's why we like you. http://media.tumblr.com/b821c2dc523df78037d0b8735ff64213/tumblr_inline_n4lnzeMZqq1qz581w.gif

Bonehead
06-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Still mistakes happen from time to time, and at least you guys can admit them and move forward. That's why we like you. http://media.tumblr.com/b821c2dc523df78037d0b8735ff64213/tumblr_inline_n4lnzeMZqq1qz581w.gif

It really is. Even if we get answers we don't like at least we feel like we get to be in the conversation.

Holy Bahamut3
06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
It really is. Even if we get answers we don't like at least we feel like we get to be in the conversation.
Exactly. It was like talking to a boulder before.