PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still wearing the same outfit they started with?

Krovar
04-03-2013, 03:52 AM
my ego level is 308.. still wearing my survivalist outfit. Sure I've unlocked other outfits from the standard missions that everyone else will unlock too. So far.. They're all pretty bogus looking. Now either i haven't traveled far enough yet or just haven't explored as far as i thought i have. But i haven't found a single place where i can purchase a new outfit... Is this really the case? Because if that's true well to be quite honest.. that is pretty frigon lame dude.

Beyond the outfit issue.. the land is small.. like tiny.. Giant and impassible high hills to create the illusion of a large world.. I don't mind the occasional dead halt from accidentally ramming a tree stump with my quad. It's Whatever. What's really going to piss me off is if i find out that the land outside the boundary is accessible for a small fee of 10.99

So alongside what seems so far to me to be a predetermined clothing line i can never change (unless I cough up the extra cash).. landlocked into a monster skate park with killer ramps bro. I guess I'm kinda let down. Different side quests with literally the same quest narrative lmfao. A lot of people need me cause I'm reckless and my side kick can't stop jerking people off to get me missions.

Am I having fun.. Sure, how could i not? I just bought a new game I've never played before that allows me to fight giant aliens with a ton of people in one spot.

Maybe I'm going a little over the top. But years of being burned over and over again by multiple mmo's will to that to a person. Still it could very well be too early to tell and I do hope more changes come to this game that bring out the full worth of 60 dollars. Because as of right now. its only 30

Mike JezZ
04-03-2013, 03:53 AM
I wear the Iron Man preorder outfit.

iMogwai
04-03-2013, 03:53 AM
I used that green lawkeeper outfit thingie for a while when I got it, but I still prefer my old Outlaw outfit. Not sure if the problem is that the new outfits are dull, or that the starter outfits are too badass.

Auxilare
04-03-2013, 03:54 AM
Im using the sheriff uniform..

Senel
04-03-2013, 04:00 AM
I'm wearing the pre-order iron demon outfit, i have several other outfits i've unlocked but i prefer this one so far. Also most of those giant hills you can drive up, i do it all the time they make excellent shortcuts & i love the epic jumps. The world is a decent size the reason why it works for being smaller is that the content inside this area is so varied it makes everything seem denser inside of vast empty plains of idle monsters in some MMOs.

Krovar
04-03-2013, 04:03 AM
I used that green lawkeeper outfit thingie for a while when I got it, but I still prefer my old Outlaw outfit. Not sure if the problem is that the new outfits are dull, or that the starter outfits are too badass.

Interesting point.
You would think the follow up armors would in fact be More bad ***. The further I've gone and each set I unlocked always just made me feel less bad *** haha.

Dinova
04-03-2013, 04:05 AM
In the beta they had a few outfits that were pretty nice.

I unlocked a few, but still using the starter-commando (err, soldier?) outfit.

I do see quite alot people with that iron man alike armor, pretty nice to see.

Senel
04-03-2013, 04:08 AM
In the beta they had a few outfits that were pretty nice.

I unlocked a few, but still using the starter-commando (err, soldier?) outfit.

I do see quite alot people with that iron man alike armor, pretty nice to see.

Yeah i used beta bits to purchase some of the clothes they offered in the store i found a lot of them looked pretty cool however it's kinda pricey like $15-20 for a full outfit.

Krovar
04-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Hey guys.. I leveled up some more. Still wearing the same old stinky clothes since the day i started. People are starting to ask questions.. Like "What is that smell?" and "Hey, weren't you wearing that yesterday?" Yet to find an in game shop that sells clothes for scrip.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6337/stinkyclothes.jpg

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 09:19 PM
i have a diff outfit for each loadout.. irsa for the ranged stuff, outlaw for the closeup, DD pre order for the big boom stuff...

Ins4neN1ghtmare
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
My armor has Orange Eyeballs on the side, I'm quiet fond of it :)

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey guys.. I leveled up some more. Still wearing the same old stinky clothes since the day i started. People are starting to ask questions.. Like "What is that smell?" and "Hey, weren't you wearing that yesterday?" Yet to find an in game shop that sells clothes for scrip.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6337/stinkyclothes.jpg
hit the CTRL > space > SHOP > Outfits

terkwashere
04-03-2013, 09:44 PM
No, I bought the Mountain Tracker outfit because it was my favorite outfit from Beta and I was going to buy it no matter what. I had set aside some money to buy some bits at launch for that express purpose.

I was just hoping to have more bits left over than I ended up with o.O

Katosu
04-03-2013, 09:44 PM
I am using the SPD Heavy Trooper outfit right now. I love the look of it, and it really goes well with the character personality I'm thinking of for him. Not only that, it matches my playstyle perfectly (Heavy, bulky, tankey.)

Originally, I was using the Ark Infiltrator outfit, which I loved the design of but was quite apathetic about the color of it.

I really wish I knew what SPD stood for. ><

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 09:45 PM
No, I bought the Mountain Tracker outfit because it was my favorite outfit from Beta and I was going to buy it no matter what. I had set aside some money to buy some bits at launch for that express purpose.

I was just hoping to have more bits left over than I ended up with o.O

That is a segzy if not snuggly outfit for sure npnp ~!

Ins4neN1ghtmare
04-03-2013, 09:45 PM
OK i lied, they aren't eyes, just thought they were. But yeah, it's the Ark infilitrator outfit.

iMogwai
04-03-2013, 11:18 PM

I think you missed the part where he said "for scrip".

KodiakX
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Just got an armor set that looks identical to the digital deluxe armor from a pursuit making me laugh at all the people who bought it.

RelativeBlue
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Yup! Survivalist. Nothing beats that backpack.

iMogwai
04-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Just got an armor set that looks identical to the digital deluxe armor from a pursuit making me laugh at all the people who bought it.

Heh, well, the DE never said anything about it being an exclusive armour.

Bluegobln
04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm honestly amazed you haven't been able to get ANY outfits yet that you liked more than that. Its ok, but really mate? Nothing else appeals to you?

I'm at a loss on the item shop thing. The very first vendor in the game has hats / helmets...

Do your main missions, that's the main mechanic for unlocking more outfits, I have half a dozen already. You can also do the special missions with the TV show characters to get their outfits (which are def cool too).

Drandorion
04-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I wear the Iron Man preorder outfit.

Is this a real thing? Can I get a screenshot pls.

ainokeato
04-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I am using the combination of the pre-order headgear (the sun glasses) with the Law keeper uniform on my female soldier. =) I can say I love watching that backside.

Munx
04-03-2013, 11:54 PM
<3 Harmony Preacher

I did use my starter outfit for a long time though.

Krovar
04-04-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm honestly amazed you haven't been able to get ANY outfits yet that you liked more than that. Its ok, but really mate? Nothing else appeals to you?

I'm at a loss on the item shop thing. The very first vendor in the game has hats / helmets...

Do your main missions, that's the main mechanic for unlocking more outfits, I have half a dozen already. You can also do the special missions with the TV show characters to get their outfits (which are def cool too).

yeah... i bought all those hats.. Only vendor that sells them too as far as i know.. yet there's no outfits to purchase anywhere. I also have half a dozen outfits as well from the main missions.. They're all pretty basic and not that cool looking (imo) so far. The only mildly decent outfit I've unlocked was the peacekeeper.

I'm just really surprised that this MMO isn't offering the ability to buy outfits with in game money and I'm even more surprised that no one is asking the same question I am.. Where's all the outfits?

Mikeloeven
04-04-2013, 01:12 AM
thats odd i redeemed my preorder bonuses and never got any outfits XD

ericcorven77
04-04-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm wearing my Arkhunter Infiltrator suit...kinda looks like a humanized version of General Grevious imho.

satsunada
04-04-2013, 01:30 AM
EDIT: Found it, eww.. well.. not like I have a choice, my character is not available for some reason.

Blackwolfe
04-04-2013, 01:34 AM

Or... you just press F5 > Outfits, much faster ;) I never use space in the menus, no need since they added hotkeys for some of the menus on f1 and onwards.

ExpiredLifetime
04-04-2013, 01:45 AM
I spent the longest time in my default and the veteran headgear, until I got the set that has the gas mask. That went on instantly, and I noticed that one of the cheaper cash shop sets matched extremely well with it. That's what I'll probably be sticking with for a very, very long time.

Otis Spunks
04-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Still waiting on a decent outfit to unlock to replace my outlander outfit. Id get the spd armor if I didnt have to buy the $20 bit pack just to get it, that and the helmet still isn't available.

Warkaiser
04-04-2013, 02:03 AM
yeah... i bought all those hats.. Only vendor that sells them too as far as i know.. yet there's no outfits to purchase anywhere. I also have half a dozen outfits as well from the main missions.. They're all pretty basic and not that cool looking (imo) so far. The only mildly decent outfit I've unlocked was the peacekeeper.

I'm just really surprised that this MMO isn't offering the ability to buy outfits with in game money and I'm even more surprised that no one is asking the same question I am.. Where's all the outfits?

Theyre not sold in shops, you earn them through not only missions but also completing Pursuits. Look through your list of Pursuits and you can see which ones give you outfits and you can aim for those.

ExpiredLifetime
04-04-2013, 02:08 AM
Theyre not sold in shops, you earn them through not only missions but also completing Pursuits. Look through your list of Pursuits and you can see which ones give you outfits and you can aim for those.
Ohshi- pursuits give outfits? Totally going to have to dig through those and see if there's anything else I like.

square
04-04-2013, 02:11 AM
Ohshi- pursuits give outfits? Totally going to have to dig through those and see if there's anything else I like.

for some reason it doesn't show the outfit, just the helmet

Ohwut
04-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Mountaineer outfit is best outfit I'm sorry. ^^

Noupoi
04-04-2013, 02:31 AM
<3 Harmony Preacher

I did use my starter outfit for a long time though.

+1 to that. Goes great with the Nomad sunglasses too!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19588807/Images/Defiance.exe_2013-04-04-09-29-43-912.bmp

M00N
04-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Using a machinist armor from shop and a pursuit reward helmet

DAnNyDiStRUghT
04-04-2013, 02:41 AM
I think I'll be rocking the default Underworld Outlaw outfit with no headgear for a while. The default outfits for their other respective archetypes are, meh.

Xevier77
04-04-2013, 02:45 AM
I am running the outlander shades and the ER armor from the first set of missions. I think it looks awsome with the shades. I have yet to see anything else that appeals to me yet, but i havent got into the pursuits yet either. Just found out about the contracts today.

ANTI
04-04-2013, 02:45 AM
1008(click on the thumbnail)
some hot day 2 sexy right there
do pursuits if you can't handle the noob fugliness, or just pick outlaw and you'll look good from the start especially if you role a female

M00N
04-04-2013, 02:56 AM
I think but dont quote me on this but pursuits only show helmets in pic/text but also give body costumes i know i got a really cool one from a pursuit gona post pics when i get home :)

Blackwolfe
04-04-2013, 03:40 AM
1008(click on the thumbnail)
some hot day 2 sexy right there
do pursuits if you can't handle the noob fugliness, or just pick outlaw and you'll look good from the start especially if you role a female

Its the one you get from the mission just before taking down the Monolith right? Dont remember the name of the mission. I agree, its one of the cooler ones.