PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the unfortunate harassment of new players

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Yes I know this is a wall of text, and for those of you that read it all - thank you.

Last night I played for awhile as my new avatar, Jayne Says. Obviously, Iím not a new player but found myself treated as such only because of my toonís low ego level. Itís a sad state of affairs to find out that another player I had previous thought of as respectable turned out to be someone who would harass me simply because of my ego level.

This event was a direct demonstration to me that the great divide between new and veteran players is even more vast than I previously thought. I didnít expect it Ė call me naÔve but my friends are just not vindictive. However, I am now fully aware of what it feels like to be the victim of an unprovoked attack. This causes potential harm to the game atmosphere and believe much of this negative attitude is a direct result of recent (and future Ė i.e. F2P) gameplay changes. Defiance has become a very hostile environment.

My clan will not tolerate this type of griefing, but I realize there are some that might. I wish things were different and while I understand a veteranís frustrations and how that creates a negative attitude towards new players, I will not tolerate or condone the type of behavior related in this occurrence. Neither will my clan and most of my friends in other clans. And I hope this will serve as food for thought for those who will read this tale. We are all people and deserve at least some respect.

So hereís what happened:

I was playing as one of my alts, Jayne Solo and I went to a major dark matter arkfall. Although I was doing alright, I was inevitably downed during the Monolith boss fight. While I was down, a high level veteran stopped by to tea bag* me. I would have tolerated a tea bag and revive, but instead this player tea bagged and ran off. I was trying but unable to see who the tea bagger was. Not surprisingly, someone else then revived me. While itís fine to ignore downed player, a tea bag-and-run-away is a direct acknowledgement that the offender not only noticed the downed player, but needed to rub it in and satisfy some desire to harass. Absolutely rude and uncalled for. I was pretty irked.

After the arkfall ended, I asked who the **** was that did it. The person confessed and laughed about it. Most likely they thought I was some stupid overly-bold new player. I firmly explained that Iím not a noob but a day one and beta player. All to no avail. This person maintained their position and continued arguing, even though a number of my friends as well as other attending veterans objected. I explained that I have no problem with being tea bagged, but the drill is tea bag and THEN revive - all in good fun. I told them my high-level avatar's name and was called a liar by some - accused of buying my toon on ebay, etc. I also objected to the harassment of new players in general. I will not excuse the harshness of my own argument either. All I can say is you do not want to get into a war of words with me.

I think this type of attitude and action is objectionable and unfortunate. And surprising. Again, call me naÔve. It might even be the sort of thing that would get a new player to quit and never return. I was absolutely harsh in my criticism to the offender, but that is how I am Ė guns blazing. Donít mess with me if you canít take the heat. Apparently this player is serious about griefing or weeding out. Or something. Horrible attitude to have and Iím hoping the player base can pull together and stop this sort of thing. NOW.

My point is multi-faceted:

1) Donít think that just because a player has a low ego that they are a ďnoobĒ.
2) Realize that just because someone is new to the game does not mean they have no skill. Time will tell so cut some slack.
3) If you ruin your reputation by engaging in bad behavior, you did that to yourself.
4) Whatever the state of the game may be, the worst thing we can do is take our frustrations out on each other.
5) Be careful out there. You never know who youíre going to meet.

I donít expect The Company to fix this great divide, but I DO expect the player base to not give in to copping an attitude and engaging in bad behavior. We got here first but that does not make it ďoursĒ. Educate, initiate friendships, encourage new players to visit the forums as well as defiancedata.com (thanks to Etaew!). Yes, itís a game, letís keep it the source of entertainment that it was meant to be.

My clan and my friends do not buy in to the ďelitistĒ attitude that us ďoriginal ganstaísĒ are the end all be all. For those players that do engage in this bad behavior, let this post serve as notice you WILL be remembered. We WILL NOT tolerate it or accept it. And my clan will protect our new members as needed. Itís a game; itís up to us to make it fun. If you act like jerk, well shame on you. I sincerely doubt your RL is problem-free and a lot of that is often a direct result of attitude. My mother used to tell me if youíre having a problem with everyone, it might just be you that has the problem.

As for the offending player, I have only one question: Do you believe me NOW? (see signature).

Do I want an apology? No. I would wish you to rethink your position and change your ways. Is this really the kind of person you are and want to be?

Preachy post? Yeah. But I donít put up with much here or IRL.

*If you donít know the term tea bag, ask in game or google it. Iím not going to risk a ban by explaining it here.

EternalRain
05-25-2014, 09:00 AM
It seems like you are taking what happened too personally. At a darkfall, it is really difficult to focus in on someone and read their IGN/GT. Not only that, but everyone has the same generic survivalist skin, and their ego level is not displayed in their title. This makes it almost impossible to tell if someone is a "Noob" or "Veteran".

Also, everyone is tea-bagged at one point or another in this game...If you were the ONLY one getting bagged in the history of the game, then yea, that is cause for concern....But seeing as how at least several hundred people are bagged per day...I wouldn't take it so seriously...

If I were you, id take pity on people who have to do that to others to be happy. That person probably lives a less than mediocre life, and has to take it out on other people in a game. Grow some thick skin dude.

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 09:09 AM
It seems like you are taking what happened too personally. At a darkfall, it is really difficult to focus in on someone and read their IGN/GT. Not only that, but everyone has the same generic survivalist skin, and their ego level is not displayed in their title. This makes it almost impossible to tell if someone is a "Noob" or "Veteran".

Also, everyone is tea-bagged at one point or another in this game...If you were the ONLY one getting bagged in the history of the game, then yea, that is cause for concern....But seeing as how at least several hundred people are bagged per day...I wouldn't take it so seriously...

If I were you, id take pity on people who have to do that to others to be happy. That person probably lives a less than mediocre life, and has to take it out on other people in a game. Grow some thick skin dude.

You missed the point - which was in regards to the attitude in zone chat after the incident, as well as my belief that if I was on my high ego toon I would not have been treated that way. This is an example of something that happened to me personally, yes, but brings to light the divide between new vs. veteran players and I think it sucks.

I appreciate your input (not really) and I do have a very thick skin.

I question if you actually read my whole post, since you missed the point by about a mile. Not very fair to skim and comment...

And stop assuming everyone here is a dude. I'm not.

Copperpot
05-25-2014, 09:11 AM
I agree that harassment of low EGO players is crappy and in my clan we go out of our way to help them. We give them weapons and help them out in co-op, etc. But, what happened to you doesn't really seem like harassment. It sounds like some dooshy player being an idiot. How could he have really planned that out? And if he did who cares? Harassment is more like selling crappy weapons to someone for more than its worth or verbally abusing them in chat. But even then you could just mute someone. It sounds like the real problem you had with this person came in the argument afterwards.

EDIT: I see your clarification now. It definitely sounds like this player needs an attitude adjustment. Maybe he/she has clanmates who can explain it to him.

EternalRain
05-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Are you taking extra offense to this due to your gender? Im not being sexist. But it seems like you actually instigated the whole argument by drawing attention to the act through zone chat.

Just let the little things go..As this is just a little thing.

Like I said before...You took something so minor, and made a big deal out of it. And now you're angry that people disrespected you through zone chat. Im sure they all thought since you were a low ego, that you were fair game to harass (sarcasm). What I really think happened, is that you opened up a troll argument in zone, and all that crap followed.

If you bait people in zone, prepare for the typewritten sh*t storm that will follow. Its not their fault, its yours.

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 09:15 AM
I agree that harassment of low EGO players is crappy and in my clan we go out of our way to help them. We give them weapons and help them out in co-op, etc. But, what happened to you doesn't really seem like harassment. It sounds like some dooshy player being an idiot. How could he have really planned that out? And if he did who cares? Harassment is more like selling crappy weapons to someone for more than its worth or verbally abusing them in chat. But even then you could just mute someone. It sounds like the real problem you had with this person came in the argument afterwards.

Yes, exactly, it was the argument afterwards. I'm fine with nuts on my head now and again. But I believe he wouldn't have done it at all if I was on my high ego. It's the general attitude I take issue with. And no I don't believe he planned it, he saw me downed and left me to rot instead of reviving and it made me mad. So I called him out and he was a snot about it. Who it was, surprised me as well. Disappointed to find out he's a jerk.

My clan is the same, we try to help new players too. Thanks for your support.

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Are you taking extra offense to this due to your gender? Im not being sexist. But it seems like you actually instigated the whole argument by drawing attention to the act through zone chat.

Like I said before...You took something so minor, and made a big deal out of it. And now you're angry that people disrespected you through zone chat. Im sure they all thought since you were a low ego, that you were fair game to harass (sarcasm). What I really think happened, is that you opened up a troll argument in zone, and all that crap followed.

If you bait people in zone, prepare for the typewritten sh*t storm that will follow. Its not their fault, its yours.

You're still missing the point. Most players that were there came down on my side of things, he had no defense. IF I WAS ON MY HIGH EGO TOON IT WOULD HAVE GONE COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY.

Stop missing the point. Stop trying to discuss and derail by making it about "me". Seems like trolling at this point and I may have to put you on ignore.

As far as not being a dude, I'm just saying you seem to be blind to realizing everyone is not just like you.

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 09:20 AM

Since you seem dead set on missing the point, let me spell it out for your thick head that matches my thick skin:

My point is multi-faceted:
1) Don’t think that just because a player has a low ego that they are a “noob”.
2) Realize that just because someone is new to the game does not mean they have no skill. Time will tell so cut some slack.
3) If you ruin your reputation by engaging in bad behavior, you did that to yourself.
4) Whatever the state of the game may be, the worst thing we can do is take our frustrations out on each other.
5) Be careful out there. You never know who you’re going to meet.

3rdpig
05-25-2014, 09:23 AM
And on the other hand, there are veteran players, such as myself and a couple of friends of mine, when inside a low TL event with noobs will say to each other "let's not kill everything instantly, let's let the noobs get some kills and a feel for the game", so we heal and revive. Then those noobs come to the board and talk about how crappy high ego players are or how we're griefing them or not really trying.

The moral of the story is that jerks like that guy are everywhere, both in real life and in games. The trick is to minimize their effects on others while at the same time not letting them get under your skin. Sorry Drama, but you failed by letting that dbag seriously get under your skin. Which is a win for him.

EternalRain
05-25-2014, 09:24 AM
How did he know that you were a low ego toon? Unless you came out and said: "hey, don't tea bag me cuz im ego 100!" (which is also baiting)

The "drama" part in your forum name is quite on the money it seems.

I bet that even if you were on your ego 5000 toon, that you still would have gotten t-bagged...

Geeze....Seems like it doesn't take much to get you all worked up..

EternalRain
05-25-2014, 09:25 AM
And on the other hand, there are veteran players, such as myself and a couple of friends of mine, when inside a low TL event with noobs will say to each other "let's not kill everything instantly, let's let the noobs get some kills and a feel for the game", so we heal and revive. Then those noobs come to the board and talk about how crappy high ego players are or how we're griefing them or not really trying.

The moral of the story is that jerks like that guy are everywhere, both in real life and in games. The trick is to minimize their effects on others while at the same time not letting them get under your skin. Sorry Drama, but you failed by letting that dbag seriously get under your skin. Which is a win for him.

+1 10/characters

Almiel
05-25-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm an alpha/beta/day one player also. I have also recently started playing new toons. I haven't been harassed but I was tea-bagged for the first time at an arkfall the other day. I had a self revive so I just did that instead of giving him the satisfaction. The only reason I hadn't used it is I like to give people a chance to revive for either the points or the pursuit.

EternalRain is right in that they can't know your level based on the Generic Joe outfit, however I have recently starting using titles on my new toons that only day one users could possibly have (Iron Demon, Daredevil). Hopefully that will help. There are definitely ******-bags out there, I see it everyday in zone chat (I usually switch to a different tab so I don't have to read it).

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 09:27 AM

Nah, not really. If you had been there you would have seen he made a lot of veterans angry as well. An embarrassment to the community and his clan. I'm not going to allow a vet player to act elitist. As far as noob jerks? Well they'll hang themselves and likely vanish after a short visit to Defiance.

Agree, lots of jerks. And I like to help expose their true colors to the community.

I do that same, let noobs get the kill when I'm running contracts 'n stuff. So does my clan. We like to help.

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm an alpha/beta/day one player also. I have also recently started playing new toons. I haven't been harassed but I was tea-bagged for the first time at an arkfall the other day. I had a self revive so I just did that instead of giving him the satisfaction. The only reason I hadn't used it is I like to give people a chance to revive for either the points or the pursuit.

EternalRain is right in that they can't know your level based on the Generic Joe outfit, however I have recently starting using titles on my new toons that only day one users could possibly have (Iron Demon, Daredevil). Hopefully that will help. There are definitely ******-bags out there, I see it everyday in zone chat (I usually switch to a different tab so I don't have to read it).

I unfortunately didn't have a self-revive but I knew someone else would pick me up. That wasn't so much the issue - it's the attitude, not the event. I still maintain he would not have done the teabag and run crap to a high level player but maybe I'm wrong. If I'm wrong about that then I'd say he's an even bigger ****** than I thought originally.

Agree, it was when the guy saw me as a "noob" calling him out in zone chat after the arkfall that he adopted the elitism, called me a liar, etc.

Good idea on the title, I'm gonna put that up too.

Still, my main mission is to squelch this kind of bs by exposing the jerks in game.

konstantinov
05-25-2014, 10:00 AM
I plead the fifth.

dramaQkarri
05-25-2014, 10:13 AM
I plead the fifth.

You would, wouldn't you.:rolleyes:

Dracula Hellsing
05-25-2014, 11:06 AM
I agree 100% with the TC.
I have been playing on and off since it's arrival over a year ago.
I could never be bothered with most of the Pursuits, esp time trials, so it took a long long time to level up (until newer DLC, then ZOOOM ), then I also lost my original lv 3000 character, so I had to start again >.<
Yet there was an automatic assumption by "certain" players, that upon using a new character, I was a complete noob also.
Best advice for you, ignore the chat function, don't read any comments, and just enjoy the game.

drackiller
05-25-2014, 12:09 PM
I unfortunately didn't have a self-revive but I knew someone else would pick me up. That wasn't so much the issue - it's the attitude, not the event. I still maintain he would not have done the teabag and run crap to a high level player but maybe I'm wrong. If I'm wrong about that then I'd say he's an even bigger ****** than I thought originally.

Agree, it was when the guy saw me as a "noob" calling him out in zone chat after the arkfall that he adopted the elitism, called me a liar, etc.

Good idea on the title, I'm gonna put that up too.

Still, my main mission is to squelch this kind of bs by exposing the jerks in game.

When i`m playing i normally recognize players in new toons because their name also shows up. Not that really matters to me, i treat low ego players the same way as high ego.
But yeah, i recognize that this kind of things will start happening often.

Storm58
05-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Just wanted to throw this out there:

While the OP may have been deliberately tea bagged, it doesn't mean that every time someone thinks they have been tea bagged, that they have been deliberately tea bagged.

I play the game with my girlfriend on the couch. I can see her TV and she can see mine. Many times at populated events, we have tried to revive each other. What happens, due to proximity button pushing, lag, and just game "issues" is that one of us will try to revive the other and the revive cuts out or lags.

The end result is that the person doing the revive is kneeling and standing, over and over again without actually reviving them. In essence, a tea bag.

Deunan
05-25-2014, 12:17 PM
You get this kind of behavior on Xbox and Playstation all the time in any MMO or co-op shooter game that has PvP. The fact that it leaks into PvE shouldn't bother a player anymore than it does in PvP where it's accompanied by a lot of smack talk. If players can't grow thick skin and shrug it off then I'm sorry to say that they should avoid the whole genre. It's been that way for well over a decade. It's not going to change before something far more significant and relevant happens to change the lower aspects of human nature itself.

duction
05-25-2014, 12:32 PM
i always teabag people that are down, live with it.

repeat after me....

this is just a game, a teabag isnt real... nothing is dipping in your face in real life.. this is just a game...

jackdaws_1999
05-25-2014, 12:58 PM
As a "veteran" player and OLD school xboxer, I can definately tell you, it wasnt because you were low ego, its because the person that t-bagged you is 12 and has Massive Internet Balls.... MIBs are everywhere, keyboard warriors if you will. Its best not to feed the trolls, they just love it when someone responds.

I have to admit, on EU xbox, there seems to be less people using the old t-bag, you still get the hardliners (12 year olds... or people with the iq of a chicken fed on lead), but they generally get ignored.

Take it as a compliment, means you annoyed someone enough to warrent an outcry of their inner rage... you must be doing something right. Next time, follow them around, boost their threat levels (checking for innocents first obviously), and when the inevitable happens and they "have fallen over and I cant get up", kill all the enemies near them stop, look at them for a moment, then move on. Turn your back, walk away.... nothing ignites their inner troll more than being ignored :)

Then again, dont listen to me, I am a terrible person :D

Drama, we love you, we love the input you give, dont let the trolls have their way... ignore them, they hate that :)

Jack Horrigan
05-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Internet jerks will be jerks. Thats why I run lone wolf. Zone chat seems to only be made for 2 things, annoying trade requests and jerks to talk smack. I wouldn't let it bother you drama dude. By the way, I use "dude" "guy" and "man" as gender neutral terms. I don't care if its correct, its how I talk!

Lucent
05-25-2014, 02:43 PM
It sounds like it had 0% to do with being a low ego to begin with. No one can see your EGO level if you are a downed. If you already know they are going to be a jerk, why engage them by starting to bicker in Zone chat?

Synther
05-25-2014, 04:57 PM
My clan will not tolerate this type of griefing,

You make it sound like there is something you can do about it. There isn't and the griefers don't care about what you think. As for a war of words with you...you obviously failed in that endeavor as well or you wouldn't be on the forums being overly sensitive about something that happened in a video game. Deal with it and move on, there are much more important things in life to be concerned over.

AngryCaveman
05-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Next thing you know Trion will add a T-bag griefer selection to their in game submittion report section. Good thing Sony doesnt have that bad reputation system that microsoft is implenting. T-baggers = poor rep. http://forums.defiance.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.png

rydda
05-25-2014, 08:00 PM
I have a 2nd toon an no one knows I don't hold them to it they don't know till you tell them, some noobs have skill you for sure want to help them some are a lost cause your pick but grifing them not one of my things to do get to know them first then yes help or no send them on there way an all ways give a 2nd chance.

fix

EternalRain
05-25-2014, 08:53 PM
I have a 2nd toon an no one knows I don't hold them to it they don't know in till you tell them some noons have skill you for sure want to help them some are a lost cause you pick but grifing them not one of my things to do get to know them first then yes help or no send them on there way an all ways give a 2nd chance.

Ummmm....What?

3rdpig
05-25-2014, 09:00 PM
T-bagging isn't griefing, it's annoying and childish and some just think it's good fun.

I have to admit, while I've never t-bagged anyone, I'm pretty famous for shooting explosive barrels when people pass them which is also annoying and childish. Sorry, but it's just good fun and I'll revive them pronto if it downs them.

It's a game people, don't take it too seriously.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-25-2014, 09:10 PM
this thread made me laugh... not because of what happened to drama, but because i havent seen t-bagging this rampant in years. my first online console game was socom on the ps2, followed by the rest of the socom series. it was a TPS and t-bagging was everywhere in public rooms. i played on a tournament site that would ban proven baggers. when i started playing FPS games, t-bagging kinda disappeared. ive seen it rarely over the last few years, and never saw it much in defiance until just the last month or so. now it seems to be a huge deal to t-bag someone who you see laying on the ground. cant wait for f2p!!!

Riz
05-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Welcome to 2014, it's a tough world out there nowadays! Filled with stupids and ******bags. Certainly when people get to hide behind a virtual character in a virtual world all boundaries and 'normal' behaviour seem to be thrown out the window. It's cool, it's only a game and don't let them get under your skin. Grow a set and life with it, welcome to modern society.

Deirachel
05-26-2014, 01:43 AM
John Gabriel's GIFT

Person+Anonymity+Audience=Total F-wad.

drackiller
05-26-2014, 01:48 AM
I just remember a thing now, i`m old things comes slowly to my mind ;) , it`s a kids behavior that is largely incentivated by games like COD.
COD even as a challenge that consists in TBagging...

Pandur
05-26-2014, 02:00 AM
I know wrong game and somewhat different situation, but i always find this one fitting:

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/344

And no i doubt it had anything to do with your toons EGO level, it's just the usual social ineptness fueled by perceived anonymity.

Atticus Batman
05-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Only one who knows for sure if it was your leve is the dbag. But remember everyone, it is VERY easy to see a players level. IF you see the character name/gt, then all you have to do is inspect the player and there is the character's level. I use that if I have just revived a person 3 times in a row, to see if they are genuinely being downed because of my high-leveled presence increasing the threat level or if they are around my ego and just suck. If they are lower ego then I continue picking them up EVERY time. If they are above ego 4700 or so then, yes I will still pick them up, I just won't rush to get them up like I do low egos.

IF they are low ego then they deserve us to be mentors and help them, if it means our deaths. If they are high level and dying every 2 seconds, then they deserve pity, but not at the expense of my character's life.

Mia Faith
05-26-2014, 06:48 AM
nobody has ever bother me. I do keep to myself and only chat when calling for help and people come and help me. if i someone is acting like a jerk i just ingnore them and go to another place. Most people i meet are nice

TheOz
05-26-2014, 07:29 AM
I've always thought that Veteran players of an Online game should think of themselves as the Game's Ambassador.

They should be working on raising the game's health, this includes helping new, and 'newish' players like Mia. If they ask a question and you know the answer, answer them. So what if it is the 100th time since March '13 that you've been asked, how does synergy work, where can I buy vehicles or what does IDR stand for. It won't take long and being helpful won't hurt you.

Remember, this is an ONLINE game. If we drive away new players by being ******s, the game will empty out, and it will die without new people replacing the ones that leave. With F2P coming this will be way more important as it is, probably, the last chance for Defiance to survive.

Defiance already has enough technical issues that hinder its growth, it doesn't need its players working against it as well.

crazyged
05-26-2014, 09:28 AM
repeat after me....

this is just a game, a teabag isnt real... nothing is dipping in your face in real life.. this is just a game...

Hah, just a day or so ago, I was amused by an argument in chat - One player was complaining that another had run over them with their car... He got quite abusive about it. Um, really?

Copperpot
05-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Hah, just a day or so ago, I was amused by an argument in chat - One player was complaining that another had run over them with their car... He got quite abusive about it. Um, really?

seriously? I should look at zone chat more often. I rarely pay attention to it, but I don't really trade right now so it's kind of irrelevant.

Wander
05-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Complaining about getting T-Bagged in Zone chat.....you asked for it lol.

What did you THINK was going to happen? Most people would laugh and let it go, seems like ya got some anger issues :p

next time just laugh it off, trust me its way better then getting all bent out of shape about it. I laugh when it happens to me (almost everytime im down lol)

Wander
05-26-2014, 10:05 AM
How did he know that you were a low ego toon? Unless you came out and said: "hey, don't tea bag me cuz im ego 100!" (which is also baiting)

The "drama" part in your forum name is quite on the money it seems.

I bet that even if you were on your ego 5000 toon, that you still would have gotten t-bagged...

Geeze....Seems like it doesn't take much to get you all worked up..

This....

Your EGO didnt matter, the fact that you were down was the issue. Could be a great or bad player, it does not matter, the baggin would have happend.

Im seriously tempted to get my clan of 300+ to start doing this on the regular. :p

dramaQkarri
05-26-2014, 11:16 AM
For those of you telling me to "get a set" or "grow a thick skin" - well duh, already have those things or I wouldn't bring it to the forum. As far as those of you advising me to "ignore it" or "laugh it off", NO. I can take the criticism. I can take nuts on my neck too; we jokingly do it all the time and THEN pick people up. I'm not going to allow random hostility to be the normal behavior in this game. Jerks will be called out in zone chat. My real point is, to ask the rest of the veteran players to act like adults and offer guidance, not bullying. Here or IRL, I'm going to take a stance against that sort of thing. Helping a jerk get a bad reputation is something I will continue to enjoy doing.

******s like this guy, a high level person who once had my respect, need to be exposed as the ******s they really are. I'm not going to stop calling people out, it pleases me to do so. I made a whole bunch of people aware of this guy's true nature and I will never, ever stop.
=D and :p

dramaQkarri
05-26-2014, 11:18 AM

repeat after me....

Then I guess you know what I think of you. Glad you're not on PS3.

Again, nothing wrong with tbag, if you also revive. Otherwise your a t-bag ******.

dramaQkarri
05-26-2014, 11:21 AM
As a "veteran" player and OLD school xboxer, I can definately tell you, it wasnt because you were low ego, its because the person that t-bagged you is 12 and has Massive Internet Balls.... MIBs are everywhere, keyboard warriors if you will. Its best not to feed the trolls, they just love it when someone responds.

I have to admit, on EU xbox, there seems to be less people using the old t-bag, you still get the hardliners (12 year olds... or people with the iq of a chicken fed on lead), but they generally get ignored.

Take it as a compliment, means you annoyed someone enough to warrent an outcry of their inner rage... you must be doing something right. Next time, follow them around, boost their threat levels (checking for innocents first obviously), and when the inevitable happens and they "have fallen over and I cant get up", kill all the enemies near them stop, look at them for a moment, then move on. Turn your back, walk away.... nothing ignites their inner troll more than being ignored :)

Then again, dont listen to me, I am a terrible person :D

Drama, we love you, we love the input you give, dont let the trolls have their way... ignore them, they hate that :)

LOL trolls are our friends! Your reply makes me very happy, Jack.

I have a clan mate that plays good cop while I play bad cop calling people out. It works well on the zone chat trolls. I'm fine with my role in things.

I won't say I've never left people for dead either, if they drop in on me and screw up whatever it was I was trying to do, then yes I leave the worm sit. But random? No. I revive.

Wander
05-26-2014, 12:53 PM
this whole topic is just ridiculous, you all have way to much time on your hands

Agreed...getting t-bagged, at a 100+ person event, by someone compeltly random, for fun, in a game. Does it really deserve a topic? I mean we are gamers here most of us, t baggin is a staple in online gaming history here people!

belindashort
05-26-2014, 01:45 PM
My boyfriend and I just started playing this game yesterday, and we're still getting our footing. I ended up in an arkfall last night and I didn't have zone chat on and didn't realize I was doing something wrong until I had the chat on (they were waiting for more people to get there to kill the boss mob). I was just following the directions that were being given to me by the game.

I eventually saw the chat and stopped, but that didn't stop other people from doing the same thing. Without being in a clan or being able to chat its really hard to communicate and ask questions. I don't know anything about being 'tea-bagged' though now I'll probably be looking for it, lol. I've had a lot of experience with MMO's (EQ when it first came out, back in the day if that gives an idea of my age) and people being ******hats in general. I was glad that people revived me and I tried to revive people who are downed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but even high ego players are not ridiculously overpowered compared to newer toons, right? The more the merrier, I think, which is actually what I like about this game. We aren't busy fighting with each other, rather helping each other.

Deunan
05-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but even high ego players are not ridiculously overpowered compared to newer toons, right? The more the merrier, I think, which is actually what I like about this game. We aren't busy fighting with each other, rather helping each other.That all changed when they released Arktech Revolution. The game has significant vertical scaling based on your EGO rating (affects the amount of health you have) and the EGO rating of the gear that drops for you (affects damage for weapons and shield strength for shields). In an effort to allow all players to play together they also introduced what we call dynamic scaling. The system creates a Threat Level based on how many players are there and what their total EGO rating is. Lower EGO players (less than 4750 EGO) will get a temporary boost to the rating of their EGO and gear but it caps at 4750 and at Threat Level 10 mobs damage will scale as much as 1000 above that meaning you do significantly less damage than the high EGO players and it's considerably easier for mobs to kill you as well. This affects all areas and events except for co-op maps which are based on the difficulty setting you select for the map, and the conflict sites in Mt. Tam which are capped at a low threat level.

Synther
05-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Maybe change the name to DramaQQkari. I'm sure they just t-bagged you because it's hilarious to watch your pop the vein in your forehead over something so infinitesimally minor.

belindashort
05-26-2014, 09:36 PM
In an effort to allow all players to play together they also introduced what we call dynamic scaling. The system creates a Threat Level based on how many players are there and what their total EGO rating is.

I'm actually really enjoying the dynamic scaling. I've not run into much ******baggery yet as far as I know. Am I to assume that people using the chat are using USB keyboards on the xbox? This is my first xbox MMO, and its vastly different from 1. Old MMOs I have played and 2. Well, anything, I play on xbox. I'm an EDT junkie.

duction
05-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Oh well.....

Pandur
05-27-2014, 12:23 AM

repeat after me....

It's still pathetic behaviour, shrug.

Maida
05-27-2014, 02:52 AM
This is an issue because the game is in trouble. Trion wouldn't take a huge risk by changing the business model if the game was doing well. These kind of things discourage new players which means less money. If they don't make money then no game.

I was at the same arkfall and it was noticed by several people in my clan. The gamer had done it to others. It's easy to inspect nearby players to find low egos. It's also counter productive, if the problem with noobs is that they don't contribute then wasting time to t-bag someone when you could be shooting is just plain dumb.

drackiller
05-27-2014, 03:54 AM
This is an issue because the game is in trouble. Trion wouldn't take a huge risk by changing the business model if the game was doing well. These kind of things discourage new players which means less money. If they don't make money then no game.

I was at the same arkfall and it was noticed by several people in my clan. The gamer had done it to others. It's easy to inspect nearby players to find low egos. It's also counter productive, if the problem with noobs is that they don't contribute then wasting time to t-bag someone when you could be shooting is just plain dumb.

Wouldn`t be better to think that people are just stupid !? It has nothing to do with the game, it`s just a bad atittude.

CRIXDA
05-27-2014, 03:58 AM
Wow.
It saddens me that a high EGO dill-weed has caused this.
Drama; in some cases, I don't think that the EGO level matters in the least to the offending idiot. There is a guy on the XBL NA servers that I would personally choke if I could because he insulted my clanmates and myself in an expert co-op. EGO was not an issue at all, the guy is a total turd.

In my opinion, there is NO REASON to automatically treat a lower EGO player like they are some uneducated fool. Ask if they are having troubles, help them along or offer advice - sure. ********** is for jerks. It isn't necessary and if someone takes the time of of an important fight just to teabag you than they are an idiot.
Agree with me or not, it doesn't matter.
I have been here since day one and before during the beta - I haven't teabagged anyone because I leave that for the little Halo kids and the Call of Honor and Battle-Ghosts or whatever these silly arcade shooters they play. I have Warmasters to kill and Pursuits to finish and a Clan to support.

SirServed
05-27-2014, 12:50 PM
In my opinion, there is NO REASON to automatically treat a lower EGO player like they are some uneducated fool. Ask if they are having troubles, help them along or offer advice - sure.

Wouldn't that be what a clan is for? What happens when the clan leader is clueless? I myself coach others players but I sometimes ask myself why I bother when for every player I show the right way of doing things, there are ten more being misguided because they found some guy's Wall o' Text guild recruitment message appealing and he has no clue how to play the game. Personally, I believe clans should be harder to form or maintain by some means.

As for the tea bagging, it's not that big a deal. I've seen far worse verbal abuse happen without regard for EGO level. If you don't believe me, there's an ongoing thread about how a lot of 5000+ EGO players aren't worth the numbers used to define their rating. I guess math got hard when DLC5 hit.

yue
05-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Well not that my 2 cents was asked for but if it makes you feel any better I don't look at ego lvls ......... I just tbag . Yes I will pick you up . But tbag everyone . The ones I tbag the most are ppl I know . If you're just some random I'll give you a quick tbag then pick you up but if I know you I'll let them stay there for a min . Unless you're in a expert co-op map under 5k then you had better not go near any barrels

Odessa
05-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Wouldn't that be what a clan is for? What happens when the clan leader is clueless? I myself coach others players but I sometimes ask myself why I bother when for every player I show the right way of doing things, there are ten more being misguided because they found some guy's Wall o' Text guild recruitment message appealing and he has no clue how to play the game. Personally, I believe clans should be harder to form or maintain by some means.

As for the tea bagging, it's not that big a deal. I've seen far worse verbal abuse happen without regard for EGO level. If you don't believe me, there's an ongoing thread about how a lot of 5000+ EGO players aren't worth the numbers used to define their rating. I guess math got hard when DLC5 hit.

I actually am all for clans being more conscientious about helping new players with tips and keeping members up to par when someone's off the charts. The whole idea to me was having a group that would help you through. Sadly I've seen a few that collected players then moved on. When someone who is in a clan has to do a shout out in zone chat for help, there's something wrong.

The war of the EGOs seems to be bitter for both sides. I've seen more negative comments from <5K EGO players than higher. That thread aside, it kills me when people toss out the word 'elite' because they aren't at the same level EGO-wise. At 5K you have all perks open and should have a decent collection of hard hitting weapons. It took me that long to level all my weapons... and I'm still starting to collect my go to ones.

PS: The only time I look at someone's EGO is if they are doing something like breaking a lock in a WM or I enter a daily. New EGOs I will usually reach out to to give a tip or two, make sure to have the proper loadout for the TL10 I just created, etc...

Quebra Regra
05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
I didn't even bother to read the whole thread... no need.

Only a complete jibroni tea bags during PVE in a game where they in no way contributed to the downing of another player. ********** in general is dumb, but this is just plain the stupidest thing in existence.

My fav was the fool a while back who tea bagged me for over 3 minutes during the WM (shield bug days)... needless to say the WM got away. #pointless

dramaQkarri
05-27-2014, 01:07 PM

It wasn't so much the tea bag as the failure to revive and the argument that followed.

And as it turns out, the dude that done did it and I have several mutual friends, bumped into him last night at Coit just as I was about to sign off. Kinda funny actually watching him realize who I was LOL. He said he didn't do t-bag cuz of my low level, just did it. I believe that too - it's far too hard to get your POV at just the right angle to see info, let alone read stats. At any rate, no more sparring, I don't know if he's afraid of me or annoyed with me but am glad we're not going to remain mortal enemies.

There can only be ONE BATMAN.

Yeah I saw that other thread. We 5K's are overrated.

dramaQkarri
05-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Well not that my 2 cents was asked for but if it makes you feel any better I don't look at ego lvls ......... I just tbag . Yes I will pick you up . But tbag everyone . The ones I tbag the most are ppl I know . If you're just some random I'll give you a quick tbag then pick you up but if I know you I'll let them stay there for a min . Unless you're in a expert co-op map under 5k then you had better not go near any barrels

LOL I do all those things too, among friends. All fun and games. I actively TELL my friends to "go stand next to that barrel". Picked off a friend just yesterday as he drove the cerberus right next to a barrel in Explosions 101.

Only time I won't revive someone is in WM (especially a lockbreaker) and if someone wrecks an instance for me with TL and then dies. Sorry bud, please extract cuz you made it TL 10...not my problem.

At any rate, see my other post - fight is over, called a truce last night.

konstantinov
05-27-2014, 01:50 PM
It wasn't so much the tea bag as the failure to revive and the argument that followed.

And as it turns out, the dude that done did it and I have several mutual friends, bumped into him last night at Coit just as I was about to sign off. Kinda funny actually watching him realize who I was LOL. He said he didn't do t-bag cuz of my low level, just did it. I believe that too - it's far too hard to get your POV at just the right angle to see info, let alone read stats. At any rate, no more sparring, I don't know if he's afraid of me or annoyed with me but am glad we're not going to remain mortal enemies.

There can only be ONE BATMAN.

Yeah I saw that other thread. We 5K's are overrated.

I know who you're talking about now!

CantstopthesignalMal
05-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Wow.
It saddens me that a high EGO dill-weed has caused this.
Drama; in some cases, I don't think that the EGO level matters in the least to the offending idiot. There is a guy on the XBL NA servers that I would personally choke if I could because he insulted my clanmates and myself in an expert co-op. EGO was not an issue at all, the guy is a total turd.

In my opinion, there is NO REASON to automatically treat a lower EGO player like they are some uneducated fool. Ask if they are having troubles, help them along or offer advice - sure. ********** is for jerks. It isn't necessary and if someone takes the time of of an important fight just to teabag you than they are an idiot.
Agree with me or not, it doesn't matter.
I have been here since day one and before during the beta - I haven't teabagged anyone because I leave that for the little Halo kids and the Call of Honor and Battle-Ghosts or whatever these silly arcade shooters they play. I have Warmasters to kill and Pursuits to finish and a Clan to support.

Some will teabag in game (maybe in real life, who knows?) to make up for certain shortcomings in other areas. They mark themselves by their actions, it's very telling really.

Copperpot
05-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Is it just me or did some posts disappear on this thread? I've never had that happen. Did I get in trouble?

Noble_One
05-27-2014, 07:24 PM
man why is there so much hate on the consoles o.o? for all the time ive been playing ive never seen ONCE this amount on PCNA. granted to your post yeah it sux that some people treat others (regardless of ego) badly but sad to say it wont change (i present every shooter game.... good luck). yes when this game goes f2p and we get an influx there are going to be battles, its unavoidable. but just take to mind that YOU are not like that person and are better for it.

as playing slight devils advocate you also kinda slightly instigated the battle with him by calling the person out. it would have been better to just mutter "what a ****..." and move on. going out of your way and asking who T-bagged you was just pouring rocket fuel on the event.

but my $.02 is just be the better person (which you say youre doing by helping low egos) and just shake your head at others that decide to degrade themselves to others by griefing and other nonsense. as Alferd Pennyworth said best:

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men.... just wanna watch the world burn."

jackdaws_1999
05-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Is it just me or did some posts disappear on this thread? I've never had that happen. Did I get in trouble?

You are quite incorrect sir, it was a collective dream about snitches, how snitches like cake, and grenades.... I didnt raise points about grenades being borked, and we didnt have a whole offshoot about whether the cake was a lie, and trion didnt delete some posts made by various people, and they havent changed anything... and... and...

huh? De Ja Vu maybe.... Im sure I just saw that black cat walk past that door twice?