PDA

View Full Version : 360 Crashes today?

belindashort
05-26-2014, 01:37 PM
My boyfriend and I have been playing for a couple days and he is experiencing an issue where the game keeps crashing out over and over. I don't know if there is a server update page, so this may not be the right place to ask, but is this something that commonly happens? He had to abandon a mission because every time he entered the building, it crashed out of the game. We've experienced no issues until now, but last night he was playing when the server reset.

Griffix8
05-26-2014, 01:44 PM
My boyfriend and I have been playing for a couple days and he is experiencing an issue where the game keeps crashing out over and over. I don't know if there is a server update page, so this may not be the right place to ask, but is this something that commonly happens? He had to abandon a mission because every time he entered the building, it crashed out of the game. We've experienced no issues until now, but last night he was playing when the server reset.
Getting the Critical Error and/or a Hard Freezing is sadly a common occurrence with players. It mainly happens in events like the War Master and Arkfalls.

belindashort
05-26-2014, 01:48 PM
Strange. He got through 7/8 of the mission last night before the server reboot (Into the Depths), and he figured he'd have to do the last leg of the mission over. Today it started him in front of the building (3/4 through), but the issue is actually that the game crashes over and over no matter what he does with his toon now, even after abandoning the mission. Its like that character is bugged. He started another toon and he seems to be having no issues. :/ Is that toon just dead?

Benaiah
05-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Try erasing your cache. Also try restarting your xbox.

Traxx
05-26-2014, 01:51 PM
The PS3 crashes (Disconnects) about every 10 to 15 minutes on an active day. Other times you can play for up to 30 minutes.

belindashort
05-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Try erasing your cache. Also try restarting your xbox.

Restarted the box a couple times, and even stopped downloading the patches on the other xbox. I'll do the cache next, thanks. It seems like its just that one character. He made a new one, no issues.

ETA- I'm a website admin and I literally tell people to clear their cache probably 100 times a night if not more with support emails. I know any time there is a profile issue on Xbox they always tell you to clear your cache three times. Its pretty funny.

The PS3 crashes (Disconnects) about every 10 to 15 minutes on an active day. Other times you can play for up to 30 minutes.

I got kicked every few hours last night when I played, but I assumed that was due to high traffic. Nothing as bad as every 30 mins though, that sounds painful.

I'm on the xbox360 btw, that's why I put that in my title, sorry.

belindashort
05-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Damn, I guess its just fubar'd. Switched back to the other character and it didn't work. Guess we're starting over.

Vonna
05-26-2014, 02:40 PM
No, there has definitely been somethig wrong since last night. I have experienced a huge spike in the critical errors personally, as have several clanmates and lots of folks asking about it in zone. This is definitely a huge problem these past 24 hours.

belindashort
05-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks. I wanted to know if it was common or just me. We figured out the issue was actually with his second loadout. He can play that toon as long as he doesn't boot his second load out, it just automatically logs him off. Bizarre.

jschmuck33
05-26-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm on the xbox360 btw, that's why I put that in my title, sorry.

I don't know about others but I read that as you had crashed 360 times. Haha.

I had some issues last night too, I got disconnected around 10pm (central time) and couldn't get back on, and I'm even on PC which tends to be much more stable.

TremerChrist
05-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Thanks. I wanted to know if it was common or just me. We figured out the issue was actually with his second loadout. He can play that toon as long as he doesn't boot his second load out, it just automatically logs him off. Bizarre.

What's in his loadout? What perks and items?

belindashort
05-26-2014, 09:24 PM
What's in his loadout? What perks and items?

He has been able to change them and delete them, but if he goes to that loadout slot equipped, it crashes. He was able to make changes to it.

I don't know about others but I read that as you had crashed 360 times. Haha.

I had some issues last night too, I got disconnected around 10pm (central time) and couldn't get back on, and I'm even on PC which tends to be much more stable.

Sorry I wasn't specific.

Today we were kicked out of 3 separate major arkfalls/ interiors from loading and they disappeared (time ran out). I managed to finish one, but he missed three due to getting booted/kicked off. I was actually kicked from the server 7 times in a row when I played earlier and just quit.

brianho25
06-01-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm the one having the problem and now it has spread to my loadout 2. If I have either loadout 1 or 2 active and try to play the game, it will crash out with critical error servers are unavailable. But I know that's not the real issue because if I have loadout 3 equipped, the game plays just fine.

It seems like the crash happens when the game is going to interact with something in the loadout. If I just hang out or drive around, it will crash out within about a minute (I assume it pings the loadout periodically for some information and craps out when it does). But I can get the game to crash immediately if I do something like reload ammo at an ammo crate. As soon as the interaction (hold X to make the circle) completes, the game crashes.

Atticus Batman
06-01-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm the one having the problem and now it has spread to my loadout 2. If I have either loadout 1 or 2 active and try to play the game, it will crash out with critical error servers are unavailable. But I know that's not the real issue because if I have loadout 3 equipped, the game plays just fine.

It seems like the crash happens when the game is going to interact with something in the loadout. If I just hang out or drive around, it will crash out within about a minute (I assume it pings the loadout periodically for some information and craps out when it does). But I can get the game to crash immediately if I do something like reload ammo at an ammo crate. As soon as the interaction (hold X to make the circle) completes, the game crashes.

Brining up your menu, go into settings, then support desk. I suggest you submit a ticket and a bug report on it.

Btw it does help some, if you keep atleast 1 gig free on the hard drive. But believe me, the issues are there for most, if not, everyone. All we can do is submit bug reports when it happens, and hope they can eventually find a common issue to fix.

I was playing early this morning and clanmates were getting server errors, timeouts and disconnects even with just 5 or 6 people around. So there are definitely server issues happening.

PhantasieTrion
06-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi Brian

We have various loadout big fixes coming with the a patch on June 4th. Without being able to reproduce your bug locally to see exactly why its crashing, its possible it will be fixed after June 4th.

I'll still pass this bug onto QA to see if we can reproduce it.

Could you confirm though, since this statement is somewhat ambiguous:

... it will crash out with critical error servers are unavailable ...

If you get a "Critical Error" and are returned to the patcher then you lost connection for some reason. However your client did not crash (although the server may have).

If your XBox freezes, and will not accept input, then the game client crashed.

Your post seems to indicate you are getting both. Could you clarify what happens when you do this?

But I can get the game to crash immediately if I do something like reload ammo at an ammo crate. As soon as the interaction (hold X to make the circle) completes, the game crashes.

@Batman: Re Xbox stability this morning

Yes - We had issues around 7:30 AM PST/10:30AM EST, and they should have been fixed around 8:15AM PST/11:15AM EST

Thanks!

Atticus Batman
06-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi Brian

We have various loadout big fixes coming with the a patch on June 4th. Without being able to reproduce your bug locally to see exactly why its crashing, its possible it will be fixed after June 4th.

I'll still pass this bug onto QA to see if we can reproduce it.

{snip}

@Batman: Re Xbox stability this morning

Yes - We had issues around 7:30 AM PST/10:30AM EST, and they should have been fixed around 8:15AM PST/11:15AM EST

Thanks!

Thank you Phantasy, for helping Brin, for telling us some of the loadout isses are getting fixes in a couple days, and for fixing this morning's issues.

brianho25
06-01-2014, 07:32 PM
To Atticus,

Yeah. I submitted a ticket in the game, I submitted a ticket on the support website, I made a thread in the Xbox 360 bug forum, and I made this post here. :) I tried to cover all the bases I could.

To PhantasieTrion,

Here is exactly what is happening. If I have Loadout 1 or 2 active and try to reload, shoot, or do anything else that would affect the loadout, the game freezes for a second and then goes back to the title screen with "Critical The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later." So, yes, I get disconnected for some reason. But the reason does not appear to be a network problem. It appears to be a problem related to those loadouts sending or receiving data from the server and not liking the result because if I have loadout 3 active, the game runs perfectly fine.

I'm really concerned about this though because it seems to have "spread" from loadout 1 (which was intially having the problem for the past week) to loadout 2 (just started today). And now it seems I can't even access those loadouts long enough to unequip items from them so I can sell them. While I'm in the loadout screen trying to swap out items from those loadouts, the game freezes and goes back to the title screen with the critical error message.

I would love a way to be able to completely delete a loadout as it would make selling items a lot easier without having to go through each one individually. And...maybe it would fix this problem if I could just "start over" with loadouts.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I hope this gets resolved with the June 4 update or sooner. I'm really enjoying this game, but the weird errors are a bit discouraging. And I'm worried I'll get locked out altogether if I get to a point where I have no loadouts that don't cause a disconnect.

brianho25
06-01-2014, 07:48 PM
You mention June 4. I know that's the day the PC version goes free-to-play. I should note that my troubles are on the Xbox360 version.

Atticus Batman
06-01-2014, 07:50 PM
You mention June 4. I know that's the day the PC version goes free-to-play. I should note that my troubles are on the Xbox360 version.

The patch is supposed to be released for all 3 systems on June fourth. It just won't go free on console until July, blame console certification for that. From my understanding, all us vets are supposed to get our month of Patron Status on June fourth as well.

YellowTM
06-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Sounds like the same problem I've been bug reporting for almost a year just in its infancy still.

my game would do quick freeze critical error disconnects too. It never stopped now its predictable. Any major event with more then like 25people and I'm flirting with disaster.

The game client seems to lock up not allowing for weapon switch, reload, fire, etc. But movement, voice, and text are unaffected. I can watch players move, type, and speak in real time. I be seen moving, typing, and talking in real time. All game spawn continues but walks in place taking no damage. After a few minutes ranging from 2 to 5 it'll toss the critical error disconnect.

All ports forwarded, including the non standard Xbox ones. Solid connection (proof in my girlfriend doesn't suffer from the loss of connections at events.)

hopefully the disconnects do get fixed because it'd be nice yo actually play the game not just log in again and again.

brianho25
06-11-2014, 05:34 AM
The new patches seem to have fixed this problem for me. Now that you can unequip items from a loadout, I was able to empty out the loadouts that were causing crashes for me. I put new stuff into loadout 1 and played using it without issue for a couple hours. Yay!