Odessa
05-27-2014, 08:31 AM
*cringes* Epic Fail Mod Hoard?

ConcreteSnake
05-27-2014, 08:32 AM
Biggest waste of 100 rep, especially when the max per week you can earn is 95

Combo Breaker
05-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Already made a post like this. It sucks. Started buying the weapon one since it seems more like a fun gamble.

bigguy
05-27-2014, 08:44 AM
What do you get from that weapon kit?

ConcreteSnake
05-27-2014, 08:47 AM
What do you get from that weapon kit?

I got a green weapon and 4 green mods that did not match the synergy of the gun I got.

mes77
05-27-2014, 08:50 AM
wow its shocking that stuff geared for starter/low ego players is actually geared for starter/low ego players.

dramaQkarri
05-27-2014, 08:52 AM
wow its shocking that stuff geared for starter/low ego players is actually geared for starter/low ego players.

So the Paradise Vendor is for low level players? Funny how The Company failed to mention that. I thought anyone could buy stuff there.

We asked for the EPIC MOD HOARD to be put back into the Paradise Vendor and this is what we got instead. I guess I'll continue to sit on my pile of extra rep.

Big Jack Shepard
05-27-2014, 08:53 AM
I got a green weapon and 4 green mods that did not match the synergy of the gun I got.Yeah, that is HIGH-larious.

I got this pretty new blue gun that is incompatible with the four mods I just received.

!!!YAY!!!

Pandur
05-27-2014, 08:53 AM

A rep where the weekly is associated with 5000+ expert maps has stuff targeted at low ego/starter players ?. Mmmmmmmmkkkay.

ConcreteSnake
05-27-2014, 08:55 AM
Except we were told "paradise is the new legendary vendor and it would look weird to have the epic (purple) mod horde in there, but we've got plans to add stuff to spend your rep on"

aaaand I guess I missed where it says that stuff in that box was geared towards low ego entry level players, must've missed it looking at all those ego 5000 weapons and legendary mods that require you to play expert co op maps....my bad

Big Jack Shepard
05-27-2014, 08:57 AM
A rep where the weekly is associated with 5000+ expert maps has stuff targeted at low ego/starter players ?. Mmmmmmmmkkkay.
lol and lol some smores.

mes77
05-27-2014, 09:01 AM
So the Paradise Vendor is for low level players? Funny how The Company failed to mention that. I thought anyone could buy stuff there.

We asked for the EPIC MOD HOARD to be put back into the Paradise Vendor and this is what we got instead. I guess I'll continue to sit on my pile of extra rep.

well i vaguely remember the trion folks mentioning something along the lines of putting those in the vendor so low ego players would have something to do with the paradise rep points. How many C- cores do those boxes cost again? oh yeah none. Maybe they should put those in and we can go back to sub 5000 players jumping into expert co-op maps. I personnally enjoyed the " its not fair I'm ego 300 and I can hold my own on expert" posts

dramaQkarri
05-27-2014, 09:05 AM
well i vaguely remember the trion folks mentioning something along the lines of putting those in the vendor so low ego players would have something to do with the paradise rep points. How many C- cores do those boxes cost again? oh yeah none. Maybe they should put those in and we can go back to sub 5000 players jumping into expert co-op maps. I personnally enjoyed the " its not fair I'm ego 300 and I can hold my own on expert" posts

Oh OK now I get where you were going.

Here's an idea for low ego players to use their Paradise reputation: SELL ME YOUR CORES - meaning buy me the OJ mods I need, and believe me I'll pay well for it. Name your price. I'll be at Iron Demon tonight no later than 7 PM central. PS3 NA

mes77
05-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Oh OK now I get where you were going.

Here's an idea for low ego players to use their Paradise reputation: SELL ME YOUR CORES - meaning buy me the OJ mods I need, and believe me I'll pay well for it. Name your price. I'll be at Iron Demon tonight no later than 7 PM central. PS3 NA

Sounds fine until you get too the part were some high ego player actually has to carry these low ego's through a co-op map, And just off hand how many cores do you get for the paradise daily? Oh yeah none.

Aftershock
05-27-2014, 09:19 AM
another thing to add to this would be that they said they took out the epic mod hoard box because it was a "LEGENDARY VENDOR" and that it would be weird for purples to be in a "LEGENDARY VENDOR" well how is green and blue any better?:confused:

Deunan
05-27-2014, 09:19 AM
well i vaguely remember the trion folks mentioning something along the lines of putting those in the vendor so low ego players would have something to do with the paradise rep points.Unless someone from Trion contacted you privately about this it never happened. In point of fact during the last Livestream Broadcast session for Defiance Trick said that they removed the Epic Mod Hoard lock boxes from the Paradise vendor because it seemed odd to have Epic items in an all Legendary vendor so you are completely incorrect in your false recollections of what Trion's position was regarding lock boxes in the Paradise Vendor. Trick also said that the vendor was too crowed. So their solution to removing one item that seemed odd to them because its rewards were too low a rarity compared to the rest of the items and the vendor was too crowded with items was to add twice as many items that reward even worse rarity items the overwhelming majority of the time? Care to take another try?

dramaQkarri
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Unless someone from Trion contacted you privately about this it never happened. In point of fact during the last Livestream Broadcast session for Defiance Trick said that they removed the Epic Mod Hoard lock boxes from the Paradise vendor because it seemed odd to have Epic items in an all Legendary vendor so you are completely incorrect in your false recollections of what Trion's position was regarding lock boxes in the Paradise Vendor. Trick also said that the vendor was too crowed. So their solution to removing one item that seemed odd to them because its rewards were too low a rarity compared to the rest of the items and the vendor was too crowded with items was to add twice as many items that reward even worse rarity items the overwhelming majority of the time? Care to take another try?

*ahem* shameless cash grab? total incompetence? a pack of lies?

Oh do tell, why did they do this?

richardkrainium
05-27-2014, 02:50 PM
heres the part everyone is missing about the full syn mod hoard. sure you usually get green mods from it but there is a chance to get t4s from it...and oh ya....synergy catylist injectors are coming out of these boxes. just food for thought

Atticus Batman
05-27-2014, 02:54 PM
FIrst of all when theose boxes were in game months ago, we all learned back then they give out low end crap, heck the mod ones even gave out white mods. They put them in the store for cash but never made their gear better. Now they are back in game. They put them in the paradise vendor so people had something to buy with all their saved up rep points without having to use cores. So they were added just to give the rep hoarders something to buy, plain and simple.

The high end stuff in Paradise and Chimera require cores, so any "GOOD" stuff they add in there will also require cores. Either spend the rep points in hopes of something, or just ignore them and save the points, it's that simple.

taco man 67
05-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Cool story here.

Four yellow mods.

End of story.the mods are green plz get a new tv

jackdaws_1999
05-28-2014, 12:44 AM
the mods are green plz get a new tv

Maybe he got Yellow mods... like a super teir above orange... maybe his colour is not set up right on his tv or its set up for dvds not gaming.... either way, you got the idea :P

Because Grenades.

taco man 67
05-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Maybe he got Yellow mods... like a super teir above orange... maybe his colour is not set up right on his tv or its set up for dvds not gaming.... either way, you got the idea :P

Because Grenades.if a bear farts in the woods. does it smell?

jackdaws_1999
05-28-2014, 01:09 AM
if a bear farts in the woods. does it smell?

Depends if your down wind of it mr Taco... also depends on what the bear ate the night before... if it was a thai Green Curry with asparagus, then HELLS YES... down wind or up wind you will smell that motha...

I speak from experience.