PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions regarding my return to Defiance.

Omnifarious Xji
05-27-2014, 01:08 PM
So, I'll make this short and sweet. It's been about a year since Defiance launched, and I heard tales of new stuff coming with season 2 of the show airing on the 4th, (June) so I'm going to return, and see if the game is any better after a year of patching/content updates.

First off, I've got 16 gigs of info on my hard drive, (I haven't played in like 7 months, before any of the DLCs came out, last mission I played was the T.V. tie in where that one Irath came from Defiance after being freed from jail, and I had to fight off those elite soliders) delete and start over? Or will the old data not interfere with the new patches?

Secondly, out of all of the new content, where and what vendors/places can I find new guns/vehicles? (If I do not own any of the DLCs. Which of the DLC weapons/vehicles will I be allowed to use?)

Thirdly, when the game goes free to play, where will the DLC stand on this? Will it too be free? Or will it still cost money?

And last but not least, any "YOU MUST KNOW!" info come around during DLCs 1-whatever you're on now? Any specific events? Any map changes? (I'm aware of the supposed new map expansion coming.) Anything major happen with our main characters living in the bay area like Von Bauch? (spelling check?)

N3gativeCr33p
05-27-2014, 01:14 PM
My first suggestion would be to delete all of the old patches and re-download the newest one, just to save yourself a huge headache.

3rdpig
05-27-2014, 01:40 PM
The DLCs are not free, but it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually get incorporated into the main game a while after it goes F2P and Trion realizes that no one will pay for them anymore.

dramaQkarri
05-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Pretty much all right here:

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=195

Omnifarious Xji
05-27-2014, 03:53 PM
So, is it normal for it to be patching for 3 hours straight?

Odessa
05-27-2014, 03:56 PM
I want to say mine took 45 minutes when all was said and done. I patched, finally got into game and there were no textures. I backed out and when I went back in I had to reinstall the game. Definitely not three hours, though.

Atticus Batman
05-27-2014, 08:21 PM
I want to say mine took 45 minutes when all was said and done. I patched, finally got into game and there were no textures. I backed out and when I went back in I had to reinstall the game. Definitely not three hours, though.

It does take 3 hours for some, depending on their connection and how fast the download speed is in the crap patcher.

Btw Omnifarious, you should also look at this link. But keep in mind they have now officially stated it will cost 500 Arkforge to upgrade epics to legendaries.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?158061-May-2-Livestream-Answers&p=1480284#post1480284