PDA

View Full Version : Dark Matter Disguise workaround!

Market
05-27-2014, 02:36 PM
I entered this Conflict Site today with it already in progress. As is common, the instance stopped progressing at the Northeastern section of the base. I was in the instance with two other people, one of which left the area shortly after it stopped working. The other stuck around while I tried using Decoy to pop through walls to get it to advance. There were no other enemies in the area and I was able to advance all the way to the Northwest side of the base where the final fight occurs. The objective icon had also vanished.

Here's where this gets interesting. The other player tells me he's going to leave the area and reenter, just to see if this would get things moving. I keep at it for a minute trying to find a hidden sniper then decide to follow the other player. We both headed out to the bridge leading into the base and return. As we got into the instance, we see the friendly Dark Matter Enforcer, who had been motionless on the upper floor of the Northeast building, start to move. I believe this Enforcer is the lynchpin for this bug. Once he started moving, the other two friendly DM's started moving as well, right through the previously closed door! We were able to follow them and advance through the mission as it was intended to progress!

The short of it: If you undertake the Dark Matter Disguise mission and it locks up, get everyone in the area to leave. Returning to the instance, you should find the three Dark Matter NPC's to be unfrozen. This will allow you to progress through the mission as normal.

A huge thanks goes out to Leos Klein, without whom I never would have noticed this! (Yes, I was given permission to use his character name ;) )

PhantasieTrion
05-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Thanks Market. I will pass the details and a link to this thread onto QA. We should be able to get someone to look into this, and look at the logs for errors specific to that instance.

ConcreteSnake
05-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks Market. I will pass the details and a link to this thread onto QA. We should be able to get someone to look into this, and look at the logs for errors specific to that instance.

you are the best! On the forums late to boot! Man give this guy a raise.

PhantasieTrion
05-28-2014, 10:15 AM
One of our designers just let me know he has a fix on his local workstation for this. It will likely get submitted to QA today, and should go out with F2P.

Deunan
05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
As we got into the instance, we see the friendly Dark Matter Enforcer, who had been motionless on the upper floor of the Northeast building, start to move. I believe this Enforcer is the lynchpin for this bug. Once he started moving, the other two friendly DM's started moving as well, right through the previously closed door! We were able to follow them and advance through the mission as it was intended to progress!I came to the conflict site after it had already progressed past the point where he stops moving. I ran up to the players waiting at the force field and I noticed I only saw two of the undercover agents and ran back to the one that wasn't moving. When I got to him he started moving so maybe the introduction of an additional player to the conflict site can also trigger his movement? I guess the bottom line is you have to get him moving again.

Market
05-28-2014, 01:18 PM
I came to the conflict site after it had already progressed past the point where he stops moving. I ran up to the players waiting at the force field and I noticed I only saw two of the undercover agents and ran back to the one that wasn't moving. When I got to him he started moving so maybe the introduction of an additional player to the conflict site can also trigger his movement? I guess the bottom line is you have to get him moving again.

I attempted to melee him a few times... as well as another obscene gesture... I was working out, yeah, that's it... squats, ya know... ;) Obviously, since he's a friendly, this did nothing to change his position. However, as I said, once we moved out of the area and came back, he just started moving again and regrouped with the other DM NPC's, continuing the mission. I'm guessing you're right about the introduction of another person, and that the bottom line is that Enforcer getting stuck would be the root of the problem.

One of our designers just let me know he has a fix on his local workstation for this. It will likely get submitted to QA today, and should go out with F2P.

Awesome! Very glad to hear that!

Just out of my own self-absorbed curiosity, was my speculation correct? Did this lead to the fix or was it already discovered before I started this thread? Honestly, the reason I ask isn't for personal gratification... I like to have ammunition against people who say that you guys don't listen to us. ;)

Deunan
05-28-2014, 01:56 PM
I didn't do anything to the unmoving undercover agent other than run up to him. Apparently my proximity was all it took to get him moving. I never had this problem (other than that one time) but I'll be glad if it's fixed.

TotallyADefianceDev
05-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the info in here, ladies and gents - it was very helpful! I am pretty sure I've got this one taken care of, as of the next patch.

Market
05-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info in here, ladies and gents - it was very helpful! I am pretty sure I've got this one taken care of, as of the next patch.

You're very welcome! Thanks for tracking this down, it was a thorn in the sides of quite a few people! Especially when the site comes up in Contracts! ;)