PDA

View Full Version : [Flame] Auto Aim should Not be in the game... just saying.

jackdaws_1999
05-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Believe me when I say this, I didnt mean for the title to be in rhyme, thats just a by product.

Also please note this is in noway directed at people who use auto aim, or aim assist, its aimed at the settings options NOT working as "intended".

Onto the issue.

I hate auto aim. I appreciate that some people need it, leave it as an option then. But Please, If I turn it off, please turn it Off.

It takes 0 skill to use auto aim weapons (#cough# infectors #cough# bmgs), as such I like to use weapons that require some finesse, guns that require forethought and planning, guns that make you feel badass when you pull off that awesome shot. Nothing ruins my sence of self gratification of getting that kill shot quite like seeing my Bullets Bend Towards the enemy....

Im No Bendy Bullet Person! If I miss, good, I should aim better... I dont want my bendy bullets to make up for MY lack of skill.... come to think of it, why even have it that I fire, just let me watch a cut scene of me walking around with enemies bowing down to my awesomeness... Bendy Bullets Indeed...

As such, I dont want to have turned off auto aim, and then find that even with it turned off, its "assisting" me.... Its like when I get hit by a shield spanner.... your not assisting me, get that thing off of me...

Come to think of it, I would like to get the option to refuse BMGs... as in if someone tries to heal me, due to settings, they cant. If it means I die... good, I shouldnt have sucked so much in the first place.

Now I appreciate some people "love" to use auto aim, good, they can keep it. I dont want it, I dont want anything to do with it. Sure, its an elitest view, but I dont want MY game messed up due to someone else feeling auto aim is neccassary. If I turn it Off, I want it OFF.

I would love to see the Aim Assist - Off option actually remove ALL AIM ASSIST. Maybe make it a sliding scale, off - Mild - Medium - Full - and finally Total Noob... where it moves you in the direction of the nearest explosive barrel, then detonates it killing yourself and all nearby... you know, like it is now.. with assists turned off...

Grrrrr grrrr argh grrrr argh grrrrrrrrrrr....

I feel better now, thankyou for your time, come again.

OttawaREDBLACKS
05-27-2014, 04:27 PM
aka the female gentialia factor that this game seems to have. unfortunately trion still almost a year later hasn't learned what balance is.

cary2010haha
05-27-2014, 05:26 PM
:P many non-PC shooter game have aim assist, even cod.

and infector is too weak, even it have auto aim.

shield spanner, i love it, you just need to max up your DR to 85%+, and you will love someone shielding you in expert.

Ashlocke
05-27-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm no expert on this, far from it, but in my experience aim assist only moves your cross hairs (and you along with it) to a target. I've never seen it affect projectiles once they've left the barrel, I.E. "bendy bullets". That's not to say it's not happening to you, only that I've never experienced that when I had it on.

As for the aim assist feature itself, I used it at first, then I really got tired of it forcing my perspective straight up into the sky, apparently it really REALLY wanted me to shoot down orbiting arks or something. I turned it off and have been happy ever since, and have never seen any after effects happen indicating that it was still active in some way.

In it's current state it really hinders me more than anything.

If I could have a pie in the sky wish for how aim assist could be changed to actually make me want to use it, the feature would do several things when active:

1) it would turn off the headache inducing camera shake (which the currently existing disable screen shake option doesn't want to turn off)

2) Disable every freaking visually obscuring graphical effect the game wants to shove at my face in order so that I can actually *SEE* the darn target I want to shoot at with my sniper rifle. (this alone would make it a worthwhile feature)

3) It shuts EGO up.

Pandur
05-28-2014, 12:41 AM
Hmmm on PC the aim assist "feature", as with every other game that has it, is much more of a hindrance than any help.
Might be different for consoles, i dunno.

As for the true auto aim weapons as the BMGs or Infectors, the trade of for them is extreme mediocre damage compared to the standard weapons.

AlexzanderThor
05-28-2014, 12:50 AM
It's actually very helpful on console, but only on certain game (IE. Battlefield, CoD, Halo).

jackdaws_1999
05-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Hmmm on PC the aim assist "feature", as with every other game that has it, is much more of a hindrance than any help.
Might be different for consoles, i dunno.

As for the true auto aim weapons as the BMGs or Infectors, the trade of for them is extreme mediocre damage compared to the standard weapons.

You obviously havent played pvp on xbox 360.... Cankers are rife, and anyone who isnt insane will admit they are OP... next time your killed by one in tdm, and you respawn straight away... yeah, your gonna die again 9 times out of 10 (if its a "good" canker). Combine the OP damage cankers can do with firing from cloak and NOT showing up on radar, nor leaving cloak, and you get why some people may not like them much.

Regarding Aim Assist in the options, the problem I am having is that it does NOT turn off, even if you have set it at the main menu... I agree its a hinderance for most. However, some need it, my wife for example, has recently had a cornea transplant, and has Kerotocornus, as such it helps her aim, even though she can barely see the screen let alone enemies... However, me... it doesnt help... it annoys me....

Shield spanners do not protect me, they simply glitch my game and I end up with a perma golf bubble.. its annoying, it causes my game no end of trouble, and often I end up with Multiple Golf Balls on the same toon... only fixable by logging off. But thats a conversation for another topic.

The real issue is not that people can have aim assist, or that there are auto aim guns in the game (shouldnt be allowed in pvp, but then Im a fan off the idea of class based pvp), its that If you turn it off, it should be totally off, not partially off some of the time.

I have submitted tickets about it, the responce was always the same.... "No Comment... and heres how to report feedback"... super annoying and missing the point. Off should be Off... not on... off... as in 0, not 1... or No instead of Yes.... or Stop instead of Go...

Whatever peoples preferences, skill levels, game play choices are... Off Should Mean Off!

Pandur
05-28-2014, 01:16 AM
You obviously havent played pvp on xbox 360.... Cankers are rife, and anyone who isnt insane will admit they are OP... next time your killed by one in tdm, and you respawn straight away... yeah, your gonna die again 9 times out of 10 (if its a "good" canker). Combine the OP damage cankers can do with firing from cloak and NOT showing up on radar, nor leaving cloak, and you get why some people may not like them much.

Regarding Aim Assist in the options, the problem I am having is that it does NOT turn off, even if you have set it at the main menu... I agree its a hinderance for most. However, some need it, my wife for example, has recently had a cornea transplant, and has Kerotocornus, as such it helps her aim, even though she can barely see the screen let alone enemies... However, me... it doesnt help... it annoys me....

Shield spanners do not protect me, they simply glitch my game and I end up with a perma golf bubble.. its annoying, it causes my game no end of trouble, and often I end up with Multiple Golf Balls on the same toon... only fixable by logging off. But thats a conversation for another topic.

The real issue is not that people can have aim assist, or that there are auto aim guns in the game (shouldnt be allowed in pvp, but then Im a fan off the idea of class based pvp), its that If you turn it off, it should be totally off, not partially off some of the time.

I have submitted tickets about it, the responce was always the same.... "No Comment... and heres how to report feedback"... super annoying and missing the point. Off should be Off... not on... off... as in 0, not 1... or No instead of Yes.... or Stop instead of Go...

Whatever peoples preferences, skill levels, game play choices are... Off Should Mean Off!

Nah i haven't played on the XBox lol. On PC EU i only saw a few Canker users, but with all the one shotting,cloaking and blurring going on they never managed to dot me up enough to die.

For it not turning off i fully agree it does seem to work on PC though, at least i think it does.

jackdaws_1999
05-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Nah i haven't played on the XBox lol. On PC EU i only saw a few Canker users, but with all the one shotting,cloaking and blurring going on they never managed to dot me up enough to die.

For it not turning off i fully agree it does seem to work on PC though, at least i think it does.

Be glad you havent experienced it... its one of the singular most annoying things that pvp has for me...

anyway, if its working as intended on pc... why have you borked the xbox 360 version trion... wait... I know this one... its because... starts with a "Gre..... nah...."... nope I lost it... maybe someone else can remember the exact phrase...

drackiller
05-28-2014, 03:36 AM
Every time i login i go check if auto aim is off, if it`s not i`ll put it off again.

Jack Horrigan
05-28-2014, 04:25 AM
I agree with almost everything you say jackdaws, except for the shield spanner stuff. Is it just your avatar that makes me feel like you are always yelling at me?!

Critical Errors
05-28-2014, 04:46 AM
Aim assist is built-in on Xbox, and for good reason. Not everyone has fantastic hand/eye coordination:p
You can turn it off in Defiance, but that is just half of it. You also need to disable it through the preference menu on the dashboard.

Even so, with assist on, it does not hold the reticule to target. The assist function only helps to acquire a target when going to ADS. That's why so many 360 quick shot sniper videos are on the webs. :p