PDA

View Full Version : How do i gain reputation with factions?

Graylen
04-03-2013, 04:24 AM
In the Stats menu under factions, it lists 5 factions that all say "unknown" but I've noticed that some stores require me to have Echelon reputation? ( may be wrong )

I have no idea how to go about getting any rep for any of the factions.

Dinova
04-03-2013, 04:26 AM
1 of the vendor machines that in beta was just outside the 'accesable' border was selling 1 item that needed reputation, no idea where to get it from. Further on the island i see a few more. No idea where to get it from :D

Keverettusps
04-03-2013, 04:26 AM
It may have something to do with side missions or even those quest that pop up in certain areas.

Anarchy59
04-03-2013, 04:27 AM
I believe at a certain ego level you will unlock faction missions of which you can gain reputation for doing :)

Jammylambo
04-03-2013, 04:27 AM
dont quote me on this but im sure i read somewhere faction growth is disabled at this current period of time.

Graylen
04-03-2013, 04:33 AM
dont quote me on this but im sure i read somewhere faction growth is disabled at this current period of time.

Hmm :/ the game was released right? this isn't open beta or pre-release? seems a bit odd.. The game overall seems quite unfinished.

X Connorz X
04-03-2013, 04:37 AM
In the Stats menu under factions, it lists 5 factions that all say "unknown" but I've noticed that some stores require me to have Echelon reputation? ( may be wrong )

I have no idea how to go about getting any rep for any of the factions.

To get more rep in a faction you have to complete their challenges. You unlock their challenges either by doing a mission or getting to a certain EGO level (I can't remember which one). To check the challenges or to see if you have unlocked them you have to go onto the pursuits and then push RB (XBOX) to scroll along. If you are on a different platform to an Xbox just push the button that you normally use to get from the inventory to the salvage matrix. If you cannot scroll along then it is probably locked.

Brezick
04-03-2013, 04:42 AM
at EGO 250, you unlock Contracts, which can be found in the same option as your Pursuits. Doing these contracts increases your reputation with that faction.

There are dialy and weekly contracts, from participating in arkfalls to simply killing 100 raiders.

J_matt
04-03-2013, 05:32 AM
you have to do certain contracts or objectives for the factions you can see what ones are avialable just have to hit r1 i think when ur on the pursuits menu

Mikeloeven
04-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Well thats the bad thing about DLC it allows games to be released before they are finished for full price than milk customers for more cash to get the full game. its like the olden days of shareware but more devious

Bozzinator
04-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Well thats the bad thing about DLC it allows games to be released before they are finished for full price than milk customers for more cash to get the full game. its like the olden days of shareware but more devious

FYI-The DLC for Defiance will be free!

J_matt
04-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I know a lot of the smaller dlc's will be free but u buy 5 expansion pack in the seaon pass which isn't free

TrooperSmurf
04-08-2013, 09:38 AM
i have done one or more missions that effect my faction rep message pops up to speak with the clan representative but cant find a rep to talk to,

Taaltos
04-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Here's a ton of answers to DLC questions.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3000-Defiance-Season-Pass-Official

Technodude
04-08-2013, 09:41 AM
FYI-The DLC for Defiance will be free!

You mean some parts of DLC will be free. For rest like races, weapons..armors or vehicles etc you will have to pay.

Mikeloeven
04-16-2013, 03:51 AM
i can understand making some weapons armor and vehicles pay only however i think playable races should be included as they are kinda a big deal in terms of storyline and it kinda takes away from a game when you have nothing but humans and one other race as 90% of the population. its an mmo it would be one thing if we had a set of 4-5 races to begin with and some rare species were added later as bonuses i would not have an issue but there is no excuse for this from a game where you start out with only 2 choices. completely inexcusable. it's like saying welcome to a new mmo you have humans and half-lings but we havent finished the game so the other races come out later. by the way .... you gotta pay extra for the dwarves and elves when we finish them.

Technodude
04-16-2013, 03:53 AM
i can understand making some weapons armor and vehicles pay only however i think playable races should be included as they are kinda a big deal in terms of storyline and it kinda takes away from a game when you have nothing but humans and one other race as 90% of the population. its an mmo it would be like saying welcome to a new mmo you have humans and half-lings but you gotta pay extra for dwarves and elves

The new races have nothing to do with storyline. If you roll ant alt with new race nothing will change in the game in terms of content. You will be doing exactly the same things that you did on your first character.

Beats
04-16-2013, 03:54 AM
i can understand making some weapons armor and vehicles pay only however i think playable races should be included as they are kinda a big deal in terms of storyline and it kinda takes away from a game when you have nothing but humans and one other race as 90% of the population. its an mmo it would be like saying welcome to a new mmo you have humans and half-lings but you gotta pay extra for dwarves and elves

DnD online did that, and so do/have other mmos. Don't forget I am sure a decent number of players who are planning to play this for any serious duration have already got a season pass. Also, you talk about bland looks but say there should be weapons that are pay only? nope.

Mikeloeven
04-16-2013, 03:55 AM
doesn't matter it still seems like were getting an incomplete game for a very high price noone makes an RPG with only 1-2 playable races unless it is required in terms of storyline like mass effect where you have to be a human for the context to make sense. this is a game about a large group of aliens crash landing on earth and it really makes no sense from a storyline point of view not to have these races as starting characters. it truly shocks me when people defend corporate greed in the gaming world. and it is only the large companies that pull this crap with nickle and diming their customers. when have you ever ever seen an Indy game charge more than 35-40 dollars. and in many ways the content is superior in quality and quantity. look at minecraft a Indy game released for under 30 yet making millions and millions solely on it;s content and frequent free updates. so if indy developers can make millions charging low costs for software it should be far easier for a large corporation to offer a FULL game and a REASONABLE cost. i would rather wait a few months and pay a one time cost for the complete content and than see an expansion come out much later than get early access to a partial game and pay extra fees for the content that should be included. @Beats. when did i ever mention bland looks ???? i simply said that the population realisticly would be a mix of all the different aliens from the onset and the arbitrart limitation of base playable characters makes no sense. i am not asking for free pimp armor i am asking for basic bare minimum of a reasonably sized character selection. i could care less if they were wearing armor or a loin cloth.

Technodude
04-16-2013, 03:58 AM
doesn't matter it still seems like were getting an incomplete game for a very high price noone makes an RPG with only 1-2 playable races unless it is required in terms of storyline like mass effect where you have to be a human for the context to make sense. this is a game about a large group of aliens crash landing on earth and it really makes no sense from a storyline point of view not to have these races as starting characters. it truly shocks me when people defend corporate greed in the gaming world.

Because races are just cosmetic. Like i said in last post, in game your race means nothing. You won't have a different storyline or species specific content.

In my opinion people who are going to unlock everything on one character wouldn't even bother with new races. it is too much work to start all over again just for take sake of a new race.

Mikeloeven
04-16-2013, 04:09 AM
tbh when a new race pack is released if it is only cosmetic i think the companies should be required to issue players a onetime race change option. since the previous selection was based on incomplete information and content

Mikeloeven
04-16-2013, 04:14 AM
OK i am sorry but i am having a hard time talking to you people and really if you can toss out hundreds of dollars on a single game for extra dlc than you must be in that elitist 1% you hear about on the news. it is not defensible to charge this much for a game in any logical mind the fact your arguing with me proves that your either too rich to care or brainwashed by the fact that this is the new normal and it is sickening.

GOOD DAY SIR !
(log's out slamming the door)

Technodude
04-16-2013, 04:16 AM
OK i am sorry but i am having a hard time talking to you people and really if you can toss out hundreds of dollars on a single game for extra dlc than you must be in that elitist 1% you hear about on the news. it is not defensible to charge this much for a game in any logical mind the fact your arguing with me proves that your either too rich to care or brainwashed by the fact that this is the new normal and it is sickening.

GOOD DAY SIR !
(log's out slamming the door)

hehe you are assuming that all of us are going to spend money on DLC. I for instance will not. However i will spend few bucks here and there on inventory and maybe new costume down the line.

All content in DLC is open for everyone except for the new races, outfits, weapons etc.

And honestly i don't give a damn about all these things. Story progression is all i care for and you don't need a DLC for that.

chrismeyer34
04-16-2013, 04:52 AM

actually you can start gaining rep at ego 250...im familiar with 1 of the factions...you earn rep by doing contracts, you have daily and weekly contracts to complete and some of those are really easy, such as completing a co op map or gathering stuff from a particular enemy

chrismeyer34
04-16-2013, 04:55 AM
To get more rep in a faction you have to complete their challenges. You unlock their challenges either by doing a mission or getting to a certain EGO level (I can't remember which one). To check the challenges or to see if you have unlocked them you have to go onto the pursuits and then push RB (XBOX) to scroll along. If you are on a different platform to an Xbox just push the button that you normally use to get from the inventory to the salvage matrix. If you cannot scroll along then it is probably locked.

you open contracts at ego 250, it was like 500 in beta, but they reduced it to 250, thank god lol