PDA

View Full Version : List of things to do before F2P

Kibblehouse
05-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Are there things I should be doing, or not doing leading up to F2P?

For example should I be burning all my scrap and keys on Lockboxes now before FTP, Or save them to use after FTP?

Upgrade stuff now? Wait?

If it dosent matter, great. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing any opportunities.

And please, don't respond with "scrap all your stuff and leave the game is dead" there are plenty of those threads, we dont need another one.

Lucent
05-28-2014, 07:30 AM
The only time it was ever worth blowing through everything was if you were in a clip with key boost when it would give you 2 keys for the price of 1 and it only cost salvage.
I think that as far as we know, there's nothing major happening that is going to render your scrip or keys useless, so use them as you see fit. I would save Arkforge between now and then to have a bigger pool to upgrade rarity.

Kibblehouse
05-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Just the kind of answer I was looking for, thanks!

Knuckleheads may now chime in with lower quality and/or amusing replies if they wish.

bigguy
05-28-2014, 07:40 AM
I think if you have something you are going to upgrade to orange knowing you will keep it afterwards then upgrade it to max ego now it will cost less arkforge than if you do it afterwards.

dramaQkarri
05-28-2014, 07:45 AM
I think if you have something you are going to upgrade to orange knowing you will keep it afterwards then upgrade it to max ego now it will cost less arkforge than if you do it afterwards.

Good point. I've been inspecting any epic weapons I get more than I used to, and have three so far that I'm considering turning OJ. They're already at my ego level so I hadn't really considered your point bigguy.

Other than that I'm trying to sell off what I really honestly know I'll never use.

Kibblehouse
05-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Just curious, whats it going to cost in Arkforge to convert a weapon to OJ? Assuming it will forever be out of my price range, but I'd like to know just for giggles.

bigguy
05-28-2014, 07:53 AM
to convert from purple to orange will be 500 arkforge.

Overtkill21
05-28-2014, 08:02 AM
I've been prepping for next week by:

1. Hording my Arkforge - currently at 3500+

2. Paying close attention to ALL Blue and Purple weapons that I am interested in – for me this is Faction Weapons and a few others – I am only keeping the best of the best and all others…

3. Selling great Blue and Purple weapons to fellow Arkhunters – business is pretty good – unlike for Oranges or anything else.

Deunan
05-28-2014, 02:06 PM
I think if you have something you are going to upgrade to orange knowing you will keep it afterwards then upgrade it to max ego now it will cost less arkforge than if you do it afterwards.While this is true, it doesn't have to be done by any particular calendar date. It just has to be done before upgrading the rarity.

MoreHedzthanHydra
05-28-2014, 02:39 PM
make a mule, claim the 1028 grenades and stims from your claims, go sell them = profit :)

Atticus Batman
05-28-2014, 03:24 PM
make a mule, claim the 1028 grenades and stims from your claims, go sell them = profit :)

I claimed and sold all my guns so I get scrip for them, even if it is from the Vendor. I have over 1 mill salvage so I have plenty of that. lol

Shadow Andreas
05-28-2014, 03:34 PM
I claimed and sold all my guns so I get scrip for them, even if it is from the Vendor. I have over 1 mill salvage so I have plenty of that. lol

I think I'm sitting around 4+ mill in salvage and almost 2 mill in scrip.....and I don't sell things to players very often (except mods when I have what someone needs).

Atticus Batman
05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
I think I'm sitting around 4+ mill in salvage and almost 2 mill in scrip.....and I don't sell things to players very often (except mods when I have what someone needs).

That is why I sold all my guns except oj to vendors. Unfortunately I do have several ojs I will never use though, and very few want to buy ego 5k gear.

Shadow Andreas
05-28-2014, 03:43 PM
That is why I sold all my guns except oj to vendors. Unfortunately I do have several ojs I will never use though, and very few want to buy ego 5k gear.

When I finally decide that I'm never going to use an OJ I have.....I sell it to the vendor.....it frees up inventory space and I don't have to worry about trading with people. Or I just give them away to people....even though the EGO is high on them.

drackiller
05-29-2014, 01:18 AM

There are more 5K players now that people may think. I`m keeping my OJs, maybe i`ll sell them to someone, maybe i´ll give them to someone, but selling them to the vendors looks like a waste to me, that`s why i`m not doing that.

Rokea
05-29-2014, 06:41 AM
I know I am going to get in as many ark falls as I can before the disconnects get worse and the game disc become the most expensive coaster Ive ever bought.

Ashlocke
05-29-2014, 10:38 PM
Since the free to play patch will come with a brand spanking new inventory cap of 300 items because the Devs claim that the poor server performance is due to large inventories on players and their solution rather than upgrading and dealing with it is to just put in a cap of 300. If you want to have more than 300, get them now as they will be grandfathered in.

EDIT:
Oh and be prepared to be thrown under the bus afterwards because when the horrendous lag arrives right along with the free to play patch the Devs won't know what else to do but to point at you and say that the lag is caused by folks having large inventories...

Seizan
05-30-2014, 04:49 AM
Collect/Save as much Ark Forge as possible!

Since bit store sales will become the #1 source of revenue after this game goes F2P (also keep in mind the upcoming weapon rarity upgrading system), I suspect that Ark Forge drop rate will be nerfed since it is the most valuable currency in the game.

In other words, don't waste your Ark Forge on leveling or re-rolling anything that isn't worth keeping. Save them for the near future.

Deunan
05-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Since bit store sales will become the #1 source of revenue after this game goes F2P (also keep in mind the upcoming weapon rarity upgrading system), I suspect that Ark Forge drop rate will be nerfed since it is the most valuable currency in the game.The only reason I don't think this will happen is because Ark Forge rates were raised when the company was openly accused in dozens of posts every day of being stingy with Arkforge rewards for this very reason, but with gear upgrades and mastery rerolls being the only Arkforge sinks in the game. When they increased the rewards they said something to the effect that it was being done because more Arkforge sinks were going to be introduced, e.g. rarity upgrades.

Overtkill21
05-30-2014, 12:29 PM
There are more 5K players now that people may think. I`m keeping my OJs, maybe i`ll sell them to someone, maybe i´ll give them to someone, but selling them to the vendors looks like a waste to me, that`s why i`m not doing that.

That is a good sentiment - but I have way too many at this point and they keep coming plus I can soon turn my growing collection of ridiculous Epics into even more oranges.

I literally have over 200 Orange Weapons. (384 Inventory Slots, 308 Filled and dropping. I would venture to say over 250 but with all the Epics and purple mods - probably best to leave it at over 200)

I've come to the point of saturation and now oranges mean so little to me I break them down when I need a bit of Ark Salvage, I give them away when someone I know needs one, and I sell them to vendors when I am in need of scrip.

And to be honest that is where every player is headed. What will that random Orange Drop be worth when you can take a hand chosen fantastic Epic and make it into an Orange that you want and will use?

1250 Ark Salvage, 3000 scrip, or absolutely nothing.

OrpheusXI
05-30-2014, 11:37 PM
If your into soloing anything, dont get uses to it once it goes f2p. i think once it goes f2p it will drive me out due to threat level being so high at the little arkfalls and just taking to much time compared to now. I hope I'm wrong though.