PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Events

Overtkill21
05-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi Trion,

With Free-To-Play arriving next week I wonder if you've thought at all about the value of weekend events.

No, not loot boost weekends, which in my opinion are not going to drive anyone to play.

I'm talking REAL events that give players a reason to pick up Defiance on the weekends. Things like:

Double Caeruleum Cores weekend (hopefully you'd announce a week or two in advance so we could save our weekly contract)

Increased Arkforge Drop Rate Weekend

Reduced Price Arkforge Weekend

Half Price Vendor Rep Weekend

Seriously Trion - weekend events can help to make a F2P Defiance into something bigger and better.

Any chance this is being worked on?

ConcreteSnake
05-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Those seem to be too good for Trion, but the one event they used to have was the Dodge Challenger/Charger Weekend with special races, paradise rep, and special cars....not the best but hey it was something. I'm kind of bored of the loot boost weekends and would actually like something to do. Maybe a hellbug/scrapper weekend where particular arkfalls never stopped, just constant arkfalls raining from the sky.

rebtattoo
05-28-2014, 10:04 AM
I want my Stormship Troopers scenario at the Bathhouse!

Starting at 7pm Friday and lasting until 5am Monday.

Devote a single shard on each platform.

Neverending hellbugs! Rewards at different score plateaus. Die and auto extract and score reverts to 0.

Carnage!

Deunan
05-28-2014, 10:07 AM
I want my Stormship Troopers scenario at the Bathhouse!You mean Starship Troopers.

rebtattoo
05-28-2014, 10:11 AM
You mean Starship Troopers.Yeah...Thanks..This....http://i.imgur.com/jNIjitn.jpg

dramaQkarri
05-28-2014, 10:15 AM
So loot boost weekend then. That's what I'm expecting. Getting my farming tools all honed up.

rebtattoo
05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
So loot boost weekend then. That's what I'm expecting. Getting my farming tools all honed up.Ugh.

I may be alone in this, as I don't need salvage or scrip. All a loot boost weekend does for me is ensures more discos and hard freezes....Meh

dramaQkarri
05-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Ugh.

I may be alone in this, as I don't need salvage or scrip. All a loot boost weekend does for me is ensures more discos and hard freezes....Meh

Yes, dc city BUT there is never enough salvage and scrip. I'm a piggy like that.

PhantasieTrion
Trick and I actually discussed new events like this last week! There were some good ideas tossed around. I'm sure we can let you guys in on them once things slow down a bit post F2P.

N3gativeCr33p
Hi Trion,

With Free-To-Play arriving next week I wonder if you've thought at all about the value of weekend events.

No, not loot boost weekends, which in my opinion are not going to drive anyone to play.

I'm talking REAL events that give players a reason to pick up Defiance on the weekends. Things like:

Double Caeruleum Cores weekend (hopefully you'd announce a week or two in advance so we could save our weekly contract)

Increased Arkforge Drop Rate Weekend

Reduced Price Arkforge Weekend

Half Price Vendor Rep Weekend

Seriously Trion - weekend events can help to make a F2P Defiance into something bigger and better.

Any chance this is being worked on?

This... x 1000.

Well said, kind sir!

rebtattoo
05-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Yes, dc city BUT there is never enough salvage and scrip. I'm a piggy like that.Salvage does nothing for me anymore. All slots are open.

I'm only looking for 3 things in game. 2 of which I'll have in less than 2 weeks. The 3rd, unless I get it with the fantastic RnG, I'll not get it

Cores and Forge are the new "need" currencies, and these can't be obtained with a loot boost weekend.

dramaQkarri
05-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Trick and I actually discussed new events like this last week! There were some good ideas tossed around. I'm sure we can let you guys in on them once things slow down a bit post F2P.

Now you know we have no patience! Can we expect any kind of info this week, or any special event or rewards this coming weekend?

rebtattoo
05-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Now you know we have no patience! Can we expect any kind of info this week, or any special event or rewards this coming weekend?Of course not. F2P doesn't drop til next week on PC, and another month and a half on consoles.

Big patch drops on the 4th. They're gonna need the month and a half to continue fixing things that are currently broken and also the new stuff that breaks with the patch.

Then, they'll do your loot boost weekend, or hell, maybe even week to compensate for all the broken stuff.

C'mon Drama. You've played the game long enough to know the routines of The Company. ;)

Odessa
05-28-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm actually hoping for some tie ins with the DLC when F2P comes into effect. Daily Events like Sword kills in PvP. I'd definitely LOVE another vehicle weekend simply because my lower characters are missing some of the cars I love.

Reb, I'm with you as far as salvage. I believe I have well over 6 million.

CantstopthesignalMal
05-28-2014, 10:41 AM
They could take a lesson from MASS EFFECT 3 and institute WEEKEND community based challenges, with targeted rewards (ex. community must kill x number of VOLGE VICERA during the weekend period). The same goal based system/mechanism already in game for tracking kills (ie 5000 kills with a snpier, etc.) could be used to track the overall community kills, plus serve as the checkbox to provide rewards (ego, etc.).

dramaQkarri
05-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Salvage does nothing for me anymore. All slots are open.

I'm only looking for 3 things in game. 2 of which I'll have in less than 2 weeks. The 3rd, unless I get it with the fantastic RnG, I'll not get it

Cores and Forge are the new "need" currencies, and these can't be obtained with a loot boost weekend.

Ah, but forge can be obtained with keycodes, which in turn can be obtained with salvage AND scrip combined. I'm busy hoarding forge these days. Think of it that way and loot boost weekend does serve a purpose!

Stupid cores, yeah. I gotta drag some low ego players thru the expert co-ops for their cores, after then collect 10 I can then pay them handsomely to buy the Paradise vendor mods I need for my Boomslang. See, they don't need the cores for their vendor weapon at least, so if I can get them to buy me the mods...then I don't have to wait 4 more weeks to get them myself!

Atticus Batman
05-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Seeing as loot boosts are no longer on the boost screen, but scrip and salvage boosts are, I would say loot boost weekend may be endangered and we will now get salvage or scrip boost weekends.

ConcreteSnake
05-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Seeing as loot boosts are no longer on the boost screen, but scrip and salvage boosts are, I would say loot boost weekend may be endangered and we will now get salvage or scrip boost weekends.

we can hope for score boost weekend

PhantasieTrion
05-28-2014, 09:39 PM
Now you know we have no patience! Can we expect any kind of info this week, or any special event or rewards this coming weekend?

Hi Drama

We are pretty busy right now with F2P, so there wont be any information this week about it.
We do not have any special event planned this weekend either :( Sorry.

stefb42
05-29-2014, 07:19 AM
How about some weekends of the things in our favour you 'fixed' like returning wm drops to what they once were, oranges at infected sieges and incursions, double keycodes, massively increased scrip drops etc, basically all the stuff we liked that was promptly fixed. They'd make great bonus weekends

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Hi Drama

We are pretty busy right now with F2P, so there wont be any information this week about it.
We do not have any special event planned this weekend either :( Sorry.

I was only yanking your chain!!

Just read the post about next week's Season 2 episode with Stahma so that has me all excited now - you are OFF THE HOOK! ;)

Overtkill21
05-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear that there is thought on Weekend Events.

Remember Trion - K.I.S.S.

The easier to implement ideas should be done quickly, once F2P goes live new players will need a reason to put Defiance in their disc trays on the weekends as soon as the first weekend.

Setting an expectation of "cool weekend stuff" will expand the reach of the F2P offering as well.

While I certainly understand the need to vet, program, and quality check any Weekend Event ideas - remember that the clock is ticking and sooner than you think even the best Weekend Events will be too little, too late.

Quebra Regra
05-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Here's yer weekend event:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160848-47-RONIN-Event-sign-in-thread-(for-June-7th-XBL-NA)

:)

Overtkill21
06-06-2014, 07:40 AM
So it's the weekend...

The FIRST one of F2P - an ideal opportunity for SOMETHING.

In fact some might argue that NOT doing something this weekend would be paramount to wishing failure on your new F2P endeavor...not me of course, but some.