PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to the unintellectuals who enjoy glitching public co-op maps

OttawaREDBLACKS
05-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I hope everyone first of all understands that issue, personally there are better things to worry about then this. However my issue is those who decide to do this with people who aren't their friends. There are some people who actually enjoy playing co-ops out there. Some of them actually get annoyed me personally I just don't enjoy knowing that there are people who play the game that are idiots. For example I'll bring up commander cronkite in the xbox 360 na region there was one individual who managed to tell just about every single player on the server (pretty obvious who it was).

So next time want to do a speed run please atleast have the courtesy to ask because you might find someone who will go out of there way to get you in trouble. Or maybe just instead play with your buddies. To a CM I am still amazed how there are major flaws like this that still go under the radar.

Olaf
05-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Sir,

wat are you referring too? the only way to get a glitch/exploit fixed around here/anywhere is to publicly disclose it for lots of people to fully abuse before trion realise its something they should really look at fixing.

Ill start:

Soleptor Boss Fight
--

Just after entering the final cutscene before fighting the boss, be prepared for the cutscene to end and then sprint through the 'invisible' door before it renders, kill yourself and extract. You will now be standing where varus is, looking down at your fellow minions fighting the hulkers.

Atticus Batman
05-28-2014, 02:34 PM
there is a thread about the glitches in xbox bug reports. The cheaters/exploiters jumped down the throat of the thread creator for report a glitch when it is EVERYONE'S right to cheat/exploit if they want to. Trion staff ultimately ignored it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?157897-Fix-Co-Op-exploiting.

rebtattoo
05-28-2014, 02:36 PM
"Proper use of game mechanics"

ConcreteSnake
05-28-2014, 02:41 PM
"working as intended"

OttawaREDBLACKS
05-28-2014, 02:45 PM
then there is the hulkers that use permacloak similar to what happens in pvp in soleptor. It is obvious that there are plenty of people doing this but after a year of people explaining whats wrong I'll let trion decide. What matters here is player etiquette, similar things include t-bagging random people, lock breaking etc... If someone wanted to they could show a step to step tutorial and still nothing new will happen immediately. Anyone remember how slow the patcher was at the start of the game and the black screen of redo all the patches.

Overtkill21
05-28-2014, 02:54 PM
I think this is more a case of etiquette. Fine if you wish to run through the map with your buddies of a like mind.

It is simply not OK to do it in a public match with randoms. Spawning all of the mobs ahead so that they can slog through them - minus one or two players to boot? Complete horse crap.

I absolutely despise this trolling behavior.

I think the next time this happens I will just find a safe spot, set my controller down and surf the net - let them get to the end and then just wait till the runner(s) quits, times out, or rages.

They can't boot me. LOL

Should be entertaining!

konstantinov
05-28-2014, 03:44 PM
I think this is more a case of etiquette. Fine if you wish to run through the map with your buddies of a like mind.

It is simply not OK to do it in a public match with randoms. Spawning all of the mobs ahead so that they can slog through them - minus one or two players to boot? Complete horse crap.

I absolutely despise this trolling behavior.

I think the next time this happens I will just find a safe spot, set my controller down and surf the net - let them get to the end and then just wait till the runner(s) quits, times out, or rages.

They can't boot me. LOL

Should be entertaining!

Technically they can boot you to finish the co op. I don't agree with your response to the situation. I see where you're coming from but it seems like your solution is more of a temper tantrum than anything.

Atticus Batman
05-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Technically they can boot you to finish the co op. I don't agree with your response to the situation. I see where you're coming from but it seems like your solution is more of a temper tantrum than anything.

konstantinov is right. Even though you aren't booted from the map, you are booted from the group. The blue circle only takes the group into account, so if the whole group is there then they can go into the boss, and since you are not in the group, you may get thrown back into the main world with no points.

Overtkill21
05-28-2014, 04:08 PM

Seems like folks who do this have zero concern for other people and their time. Why should I consider theirs?

LOL at temper tantrum - versus those that cheat at a game that is so very easy. Ok.

LMAO.

ConcreteSnake
05-28-2014, 04:10 PM
konstantinov is right. Even though you aren't booted from the map, you are booted from the group. The blue circle only takes the group into account, so if the whole group is there then they can go into the boss, and since you are not in the group, you may get thrown back into the main world with no points.

actually if you are not in the group, you can walk in the blue circle and activate it and it pulls everyone in the co op map with you. I kicked somebody hoping they were out of the map, then got magically pulled into the dekuso fight, works both ways. If blue circle is activated everyone goes in wheather or not you are in the group or whomever activates it.

Overtkill21
05-28-2014, 04:10 PM

True, I think it would just auto place me into the boss though. It placed a player in the boss with us the other night when he was stuck in a wall and we booted him.

Overtkill21
05-28-2014, 04:11 PM
actually if you are not in the group, you can walk in the blue circle and activate it and it pulls everyone in the co op map with you. I kicked somebody hoping they were out of the map, then got magically pulled into the dekuso fight.

Jinx... LOL

Atticus Batman
05-28-2014, 04:12 PM
actually if you are not in the group, you can walk in the blue circle and activate it and it pulls everyone in the co op map with you. I kicked somebody hoping they were out of the map, then got magically pulled into the dekuso fight, works both ways. If blue circle is activated everyone goes in wheather or not you are in the group or whomever activates it.

Houdini strikes again!

konstantinov
05-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Seems like folks who do this have zero concern for other people and their time. Why should I consider theirs?

LOL at temper tantrum - versus those that cheat at a game that is so very easy. Ok.

LMAO.

My best suggestion is to group up with 3 other people who have the same interest as you when doing the expert co op rather than queueing up solo and expecting that everyone will share your opinion.

I fail to see how doing a speed run is cheating? Care to enlighten me on that? If it so easy as you say then you should be able to kill all the mobs and keep pace.

jackdaws_1999
05-28-2014, 06:50 PM
This is definately a matter of etiquette. I do occasionally run speed runs through various maps, not because they are hard, but because I got back from work late, and have a limited amount of time to run the map and get my dailies done. However, I always ask if there are randoms in the room.

There is a legitimate reason to "glitch" certain maps, for instance the soleptor example (and Dekuso... but then EVERYONE knows about dekuso), there is a Houdini Glitch regarding the Hulkers. On the xbox 360, we regularly cannot see nor damage the hulkers without the use of sludges and ground pounders (soon the be "fixed"). If you cannot see, nor shoot, the hulkers, it matters NOT HOW good you are, you will fail. I have been in a soleptor map that the lead up took 10 mins killing EVERYTHING, but the final boss fight took 3 hours... no restarts, no downs, just No Hulkers (and no-one had a ground pounder on that occasion).

Oh, and have you tried to kill dekuso without Ground Pounders? If you fail and restart, there is a 50/50 chance that the enemies are already waiting for you... Houdini'd... and unkillable... so unless we can kill dekuso Fast, its a fail as it get exponentionally harder each time. I joined a co-op not two days ago, three level 5000+ guys had tried and retried to kill dekuso about 20 times... it was NOT a pretty picture... We managed to kill him by Hook and Crook that time, but only just.

Once Trion "Fix" Houdini, 99% of people who do "glitch" through, will stop and just fight through. Besides, until houdini is perma fixed, its a "Work-around" not a "Glitch".

However, again I say, I never glitch a map, or insta-kill dekuso unless all involved agree. If someone wants to try and run the map fully, I do. The enemies are not hard, just spongey. The AI isnt smart, if they were, they wouldnt need to be spongey.

Etiquette is Important when playing Co-Op or PvP, some people just have no manners. Blame them, not us.

drackiller
05-29-2014, 12:50 AM
Well i only did my first Expert yesterday and i need to do the rest for the pursuit and...NO, i don`t know any glitchs, so i would appreciate that people tell me of these things if i`m there with them.