PDA

View Full Version : Simple Warmaster Guide

Logain
05-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Simple Warmaster Guide:

I wanted to write a guide to help out in the hunt of the Warmaster. The goal of this guide is to promote more successful runs. So what is a successful run? The run is a success if the Warmaster is killed no matter what your score is. Why do we want to kill the Warmaster? So we have the opportunity to get some very cool and rare legendary weapons (Needlers, Breachers, and Springers among others) that only drop in kill as well as you receive an additional 15,000+ points to your score which mean more Keys, more Arkforge, and more loot.

So I wrote this guide not with individual score as the primary goal but a successful kill as the primary goal. However, if you follow the recommendations in this guide and with practice you will be able to pull your weight and score very well.

That said how do we go about defeating the Warmaster?

1. Get Organized. What does this mean? You need to organize groups ahead of time before the arkbreak is called down. One strategy can be seen here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160891-Simple-Warmaster-Guide/page8#78). Another is holding off killing the Volge upstairs until you have the ideal number of people for the instance. Or you need to be fast at inviting friends, clanmates and group members when you are inside the instance. If you need more people call for help from friends or your clan (or myself if you are on PC NA: IGN=Logain). You can invite friends from outside to join you via group but the limit is back to 24 people after patch 3.0.

There is less of an opportunity to zerg the Warmaster to death, so proper setup and technique is needed to defeat the WM.

2. Turn Team chat on. So you can talk with other people in the instance. (Esc -> Settings -> Chat.)

3. Turn Damage numbers on. So you can see how much damage you are doing. (I love it when my Wolfhound starts hitting for 130,000+ per shot) (Settings -> Gameplay -> Show Damage Numbers -> On.)

4. Agree beforehand to shoot one target crystal armor (either the WM's right arm (hanging) or the back). I currently recommend the back but it can be done with the arm.

5. Choose a high DPS weapon (like a VOT Pulser, Castithan Springer, VOT Tachmag Pulser, Hog Leg, Needler etc.) with either fire, radiation or bio nano close to your ego. SMGs benefit greatly with a falloff mod and I highly recommend it if you are space averse. However, a DMG barrel and staying within 20m of the WM will maximize your DMG output. Shoot your high DPS weapon until the crystal armor breaks.

6. For the other weapon choose a high Crit DPS weapon (like the VBI HP-6 Wolfhound or VBI HP-7 Wildcat) ideally with fire or radiation (to increase damage and group DPS) close to your ego. Although syphon will help you stay alive if you die a lot. A VBI SS-2 Ranger is also a high crit DPS weapon but suffers from having a limited ammo pool. So I recommend using the Wolfhound. Shoot your high Crit DPS weapon at the crit spot after the crystal armor breaks.

7. Perks: Choose Overcharge, Quick Charge and Killing Machine Perks. Also equip Blast Shield, and Sucker Punch (for back attack). Fortitude and Kill or Be Killed work well together. Choose the rest of your perks to keep you alive (Thick Skinned for example) but also focus on crit damage perks. Some examples: Nano damage increasing perks from (DLC5) can increase DPS for guns with that nano (i.e. Radiation Burns, Conflagration, Deadly Apparition etc.). Gunslinger works well shooting from the hip. Pumped Up and Kinetic Transfer is also very useful to recharge EGO power. Description of perks can be found here (http://www.defiancedata.com/abilities.php). The selection of perks that I use are in the next post.

8. Choose Damage spikes and Power stims unless your group needs more protection or ammo spikes. Or choose ablative armor stim to survive bombings during the bomb phase.

9. Use spikes liberally when the Warmaster is hanging from the wall, but do not be wasteful by covering an area with the same kind of spike that has already been put down. Cover another area of players with it, use a different spike (i.e. ammo or protection), or wait to use it the next time the Warmaster is hanging. That said do not hang out right by spikes as enemies can destroy them (here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160891-Simple-Warmaster-Guide/page13#126)).

10. When the Warmaster drops from its hanging phase is it important to switch to a Bio weapon or throw a Bio grenade to destroy the Armor Plates (small yellow shields) because it regenerates the Armor Plates every time it drops from the ceiling thus reducing damage dealt to it.

11. Still better to self revive/extract and run back as fast as possible. Only 3K points lost for dying (1K) and extracting (2K), which is not a lot compared to the 20,000+ points you are earning in a Warmaster run (plus another 10,000-15,000+ if you kill the Warmaster). Be strategic when you use your self revive to when you can jump back into the fray immediately and do damage (i.e. the hanging phase is one.)

12. Have Fun! and Happy Hunting!!!

Need help selecting a high DPS and high Crit DPS weapon?
Since EGO on weapons now matters it can be a daunting choice. Go download Dux’s DPS Calculator (www.bit.ly/DuxDPScalc) for help.

Why no Volge Weapons?
Low DPS compared to other guns (see here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156848-New-way-to-kill-the-warmaster...../page2&highlight=Calculator#16)) and Volge weapons tend not to damage the Warmaster’s crystal armor but splash on back damage. Thus not helping remove the armor first.

Why no BMGs?
Low DPS when used as a weapon. Not damaging the Warmaster when healing and all damage matters. When healing it is counter productive to the perk Kill or Be Killed thus lowering group DPS. Plus there is the VFX effect that can blind other players who are trying to shoot.

Why no detonators?
Lower DPS compared to other weapons and detonators do not damage the Warmaster’s crystal armor similarly to the Volge weapons.

What nano to use?
Good summary of Nano Effects are found at DefianceData (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15).
Need a good mixture of Fire, Radiation, and Bio in most kill groups.
- Radiation when proc'ed (indicated by little tick damage) increase all damage from everyone.
- Biological removes the armor plating more efficiently and when proc'ed all damage is increased to armor plating.
- Syphon when procs repairs your shields and increases health but suffers a damage deficit compared to other nanos. (So use only if you die a lot).
- Fire does more damage to health than all other nanos (+50%).
- Nano-Less does the third most damage to health after Fire and Radiation.
I recommend fire and radiation guns and a bio grenade.
TLDR: Use FIRE. If you don't have fire use Radiation. If not those two use Bio/Syphon/Nano-less. And equip a Bio Grenade.

Why Fire?!? I like Bio!?!
The Blue Crystal Armor of the Warmaster is HEALTH based. Much like the Crit Spot when exposed.

If you look at Nano Effects on Defiance Data in the previous question you will notice that Fire does 50% more damage than nano-less while Bio does 15% less than nano-less for a net result of 65% lower DMG if you are using a Bio Weapon compared to Fire.

Why a Wolfhound?!? I like my SMG!?!
If you just compare the base Wolfhound versus the base of the best SMGs out there (VOT Pulsers and VOT Tachmag Pulsers) the Wolfhound does 40% more damage per second! If you add in additional Crit Mult rolls for the Wolfhound that difference gets even Larger!

If you are using the best Bio SMG (like a VOT Pulser or Tachmag Pulser) to farm points by removing armor plates versus using a Fire Wolfhound you are ~65% less damage than a Wolfhound that does not have crit rolls! If you add crit rolls to the Wolfhound that difference gets larger.

TL/DR Use a Fire SMG for the Blue Crystal Armor and then Use a Fire Wolfhound when the Crit Spot is exposed and equip a bio grenade to remove armor plates.

But I score X all the time, why change?
Score no longer reflects how much damage is done. However, when you kill the Warmaster you get a bonus 10,000-15,000+ which means more loot (more keys, arkforge, etc.) plus a chance at a cool legendary weapon. Successful kills commonly have everyone in the top 20 with over 40,000 points because of the kill. So by adjusting your loadout and perks you can score more loot.

Fun fact: The maximum health of the Warmaster is 195,639,124. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173362-Defiance-2.207-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes) So to be pulling your own weight you need to be able to do approximately 9-10 Million in damage (assuming about 20 in your instance).

I suspect that the Warmaster's Crystal Armor is approximately 20M in health.

Practicing what I teach, my setup is in next post for those who care.

Feel free to share this thread. Short link is: www.bit.ly/SimpleWM (http://bit.ly/SimpleWM)

I hope this helps. Good luck all and happy Warmaster hunting!!!

Logain
05-29-2014, 07:39 AM
My Current Setup

Practicing what I preach:

Weapons:
1. Supreme Fire Spinal Tap VOT Tachmag Pulser with OJ Fire Rate and XP DMG roll full T4 Mods with ERR, PB, HCM, Stab Sight. Or if the group is struggling to strip away armor plates when I run out of bio grenades I hot swap to a Bio Plate Slicer Pulser DMG Rolls. Investigating the use of a Supreme Demon Hunter here. (Edit: I mostly run the Supreme Demon Hunter or a Supreme Blodddawn in this spot now).

2. Supreme Black Cat with XP crit roll and purple roll re-rolled to EGO on Reload with T4 ERR, Crit Barrel, Expanded Mag, Sight. Other good guns are Einstein (HP-A automatic Wolfhound) or Heresy. I have a GA one that I fire converted.

Shield:
Security Blanket
High Cap Shield with extra defense

Perks:
Overcharge (for more damage)
Kinetic Transfer (to recharge EGO power more quickly)
Killing Machine (increase overcharge duration)
Thick Skinned (to help keep me alive)
Pumped Up (to recharge my EGO power more quickly)
Sucker Punch (increase damage from behind)
Hunter's Stance (more crit while crouched)
Gunslinger (shoot Wolfhound from the hip to get crit bonus from perk)
Fortified Stance (to help keep me alive during hanging stage)
Conflagration (to do more damage from fire attacks)

Spike: Damage Spike (I selectively place DMG spike when needed in fight when others do not have their spike ready to go. Usually every other wall hang.)

Stim: Power Stim (to recharge Overcharge quickly)

Grenade: Bio Grenade. I throw the Bio grenade right in front of the lower non hanging arm right before the last round of bombs during the hang phase (usually the third set). If you see that the splash has effected the WM while hanging you placed in the correct spot. The Bio pool will always infects the WM when it jumps off the wall in this spot.

Rig: Nanophagus. More DMG.

Then by knowing the fight and where to shoot from and how to avoid the WM's attacks I manage to keep myself alive. I usually do really well considering my age, the age of my non-gaming laptop and my non-city internet connection.

====================

Why I like the Warmaster

I like(d) the Warmaster instance for several reasons:

1. It is difficult to kill. The Warmaster is a timed and maximum damage dealt instance. So in this battle, damage per second (DPS) means everything. It is the biggest, baddest creature in Defiance and is by far the biggest bullet sponge in the game.

2. It is unlike any other enemy in Defiance. The Warmaster was designed to attack multiple targets at once (the only enemy in Defiance who can do this (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2013/12/14/inside-trion-enter-the-warmaster/)). Also the detail in the Warmaster and the instance is visually pleasing.

3. It is the 1st End Game Experience in Defiance. How is it End Game? Well the designers made it difficult to kill with patch 1.5 by making EGO matter with the addition of threat level as well as player health increases and weapon damage increases. Ten 1,000 EGO players would make Warmaster a TL10. Would this group of 10 1,000 EGO level players have a chance to kill it? The answer is no. The way the designers now have it designed currently, there needs to be a significant number of high level players in the instance so that enough damage can be done. Meaning the developers mean for this instance to be part of the end game experience. The one exception is if there is only one person in the instance and the TL level is low enough and the person is skilled enough, they could kill it.

4. Coordination is needed to defeat the Warmaster. It is the only enemy in Defiance that can get away if not enough damage is dealt and is limited to certain number of people.* Because of this it takes teamwork to achieve the overall goal of defeating it.

5. Finally, I enjoy the challenge that the Warmaster provides. Which is why I decided to write this guide.

* With one of the later patches (3.0+) You can no longer bring in more than 24 people into a WM instance making it more important again to stick to strategy.

Keeper Riff
05-29-2014, 09:00 AM
[B][COLOR="black"][U]When the Warmaster drops from its hanging phase is it important to switch to a Bio weapon to destroy the Armor Plates (small yellow shields) because it regenerates the Armor Plates every time it drops reducing damage.Better tactics — throw a bio grenade when he drops. This way everyone shooting anything at him will damage his armor and it goes away very fast (1-2 seconds). This way you don't need a bio weapon, so you can use fire or no-nano for higher DPS. Once his shield breaks, don't bother with armor at all, because critical hits bypass armor.

Odessa
05-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Awesome guide, Logain! Perhaps mentioning the bonus of having people Prock. I usually use my Radiation Ultimag until I see points dropping, then switch to my Springer (which has Bio).

Better tactics — throw a bio grenade when he drops. This way everyone shooting anything at him will damage his armor and it goes away very fast (1-2 seconds). This way you don't need a bio weapon, so you can use fire or no-nano for higher DPS. Once his shield breaks, don't bother wit armor at all, because critical hits bypass armor.

I was told that the Bio grenades tend to glitch him so that he does the inverted hang/hangs inside of the wall. Can anyone confirm this? I usually equip Hatching Grenades and toss them when the other enemies appear.

Anthalus
05-29-2014, 09:26 AM
I always use Bio nades, as far as I am aware they cause no problems and his glitching is due to him standing too close to the wall when he leaps up. I may be wrong tho.

Deunan
05-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Once his shield breaks, don't bother with armor at all, because critical hits bypass armor.That's a good point keeping in mind that if the arm is the target the group would normally be better off continuing to remove the armor plates until both pieces (there are two) on the arm break. When the first arm piece breaks a lot of ammo unintentionally goes to the remaining armor piece (which also has been taking damage before that for the same reason). Often, eventually the second piece breaks as well. The group may as well get rid of it faster by taking down the plates so they get the benefit of a larger target area sooner.

Griffix8
05-29-2014, 09:48 AM
I thought SMG's and stuff aren't very good, Assault Rifles or Saws should be used instead...

Deunan
05-29-2014, 09:54 AM
I thought SMG's and stuff aren't very good, Assault Rifles or Saws should be used instead...It depends on the model, how it's modded and how the player plays. There are several SMG's that are very good provided that you compensate for their short falloff damage loss range by either using a Sustained Power Muzzle or staying close to the Warmaster. SMG's like the Pulsers are also very accurate from the hip making it easier to hit the Warmaster while moving to keep the targeted crystal armor piece acquired. Also not all Assault Rifles are good. There are DPS inferior ones that you want to avoid using against the Warmaster.

Logain
05-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Better tactics — throw a bio grenade when he drops. This way everyone shooting anything at him will damage his armor and it goes away very fast (1-2 seconds). This way you don't need a bio weapon, so you can use fire or no-nano for higher DPS. Once his shield breaks, don't bother with armor at all, because critical hits bypass armor.

Good idea will incorporate in the quick guide as soon as someone can confirm that it does not glitch WM out. Also will edit quick guide to mention crit shots bypassing armor plating.

Logain
05-29-2014, 10:07 AM
I thought SMG's and stuff aren't very good, Assault Rifles or Saws should be used instead...

SMGs with a Falloff mod are very good against WM. Will add in note about falloff mod.

KasperSheitup
05-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Quick and simple guide.
Thank you for making this.
Really appreciated.

Xaat Xuun
05-29-2014, 12:17 PM
going to sub this topic, so it's quick to find and able to share link to others

Logain
05-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Quick and simple guide.
Thank you for making this.
Really appreciated.

Thanks for the support.

going to sub this topic, so it's quick to find and able to share link to others

Feel free to share this thread. Short link is www.bit.ly/SimpleWM (http://www.bit.ly/SimpleWM)

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-29-2014, 12:36 PM
nice guide logain. my only suggestion would be to your spike section. i have been using ammo spikes in WM. it seems every person there drops a damage spike when the monkey climbs the wall, but you also spend a large amount of ammo at this time. i try to drop an ammo spike next to someone elses damage spike to help the group around that spike.

cuba 666
05-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Much, much better......bump it till the end of Defiance great guide my friend...

Infinity Eagle
05-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Great guide, now if we can only get the new players to read it. I wish we had a way to post it in game, because not all players go to the forums.

SymbolicGamer
05-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Terrible guide. Where's the BMG? How the jek am I supposed to kill him with my sword if no one is healing me? I can't do this all by myself. Well, maybe I could. I just need to break the locks before anyone else shows up. If I do that, the threat level should be lower.

maverick07
05-29-2014, 03:59 PM
nice guide logain. my only suggestion would be to your spike section. i have been using ammo spikes in WM. it seems every person there drops a damage spike when the monkey climbs the wall, but you also spend a large amount of ammo at this time. i try to drop an ammo spike next to someone elses damage spike to help the group around that spike.

I agree with this, I have been in a few WMs with bad spike usage costing us the fight, and having him barely escape. Ammo spikes can be a huge help not having to make those trips to the ammo crates.

Either way awesome guide Logain :)
Simple guide and very informative

Deunan
05-29-2014, 04:21 PM
nice guide logain. my only suggestion would be to your spike section. i have been using ammo spikes in WM. it seems every person there drops a damage spike when the monkey climbs the wall, but you also spend a large amount of ammo at this time. i try to drop an ammo spike next to someone elses damage spike to help the group around that spike.He did qualify the use of damage spikes by advising to use ammo or protection spikes if needed by the group and to not overlap your spike with others of the same kind but perhaps the wording is too subtle.

Logain
05-29-2014, 05:26 PM
@Maverick07 and @SxB_xPuddyTatx. I agree with both of you, and like Deunan said maybe I was too subtle in my word choice.

The target audience for this guide are newer players who might be joining the game in June. However, like you said the sharp move is to notice that the group is full of damage spikers and switch out to ammo and protection spikes.

maverick07
05-29-2014, 05:42 PM
@Maverick07 and @SxB_xPuddyTatx. I agree with both of you, and like Deunan said maybe I was too subtle in my word choice.

The target audience for this guide are newer players who might be joining the game in June. However, like you said the sharp move is to notice that the group is full of damage spikers and switch out to ammo and protection spikes.

No worries :) of course if everyone was running ammo spikes then we wouldn't have enough DPS lol. Damage spikes are still the primary spikes for a successful WM and you got that covered.

Darien
05-29-2014, 05:48 PM
7. Perks: Choose Overcharge, Quick Charge and Killing Machine Perks. Also equip Blast Shield, and Sucker Punch (for back attack). Fortitude and Kill or Be Killed work well together. Choose the rest of your perks to keep you alive but also focus on crit damage perks. Pumped Up is also very useful to recharge EGO power.

11. Still better to self revive/extract and run back as fast as possible. Only 3K points lost for dying, which is not a lot compared to the 100,000+ points you are earning in a Warmaster run (plus another 50,000+ if you kill the Warmaster).

If players are using Fire, Electric, or Radiation nano, they should equip Conflagration/Electrical Fire/Radiation burns if they have DLC 5. These are huge dps boosts.

You lose 1000 points for dying, and 2000 for extracting. This is an important distinction because the 1000 is lost regardless of how you get revived. Correctly listing when your points are deducted may help people to realize that they do not lose very much for extracting. You need to extract 25 times before you lose more than killing Warmaster is worth.

Deunan
05-29-2014, 06:54 PM
You need to extract 25 times before you lose more than killing Warmaster is worth.I don't think I could die that much in a full kill group even if I tried.

Odessa
05-30-2014, 08:15 AM
I wanted to give this a love bump since people will be going F2P on some platforms and this is a thread anyone who ventures here will appreciate.

Logain
05-30-2014, 01:27 PM
I wanted to give this a love bump since people will be going F2P on some platforms and this is a thread anyone who ventures here will appreciate.

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully people will use it over the weekend.

Skerrick
05-30-2014, 06:30 PM
I miss the old WM.

EGO should tell players to check the forums instead of breaking the locks.
Trion please fix the WM, there are so many good suggestions in the forums.

Logain
06-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Suggestions taken into consideration and changes made. Is there anything else that needs to be addressed considering keeping it simple?

Odessa
06-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Suggestions taken into consideration and changes made. Is there anything else that needs to be addressed considering keeping it simple?

I think we're still waiting on confirmation in regards to Bio being a problem. I hope someone can chime in with the benefits of Procking.

Deunan
06-03-2014, 11:04 PM
I think we're still waiting on confirmation in regards to Bio being a problem. I hope someone can chime in with the benefits of Procking.No official response but I don't think it's causing anything. Killed him three times in a row tonight and he was being pelted with bio grenades even after the crystal armor broke and he didn't glitch into the wall once. They're probably killing him at least a few more times tonight but I have RL stuff to do. Nothing to applaud though. Just zerging the warmaster. Crystal armor broke in about 30 seconds on the last one. :rolleyes:

Superman0X
06-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Thank you very much for this. I found this guide informative and helpful. I had a hard time getting clear information about some of this in game, and this helped to clarify it all in one nice post.

Xaat Xuun
06-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Darien View Post
You need to extract 25 times before you lose more than killing Warmaster is worth.I don't think I could die that much in a full kill group even if I tried.
the first time I logged in after 1.5, I had downed 18 .. thought I had the most downs but when I looked on the scoreboard , there was a player with 30, the next day I had at one time, I was down 30, "okay this time I'm probably the most down" .. saw two others, that were over 50.

I don't see that many downs any more, it was only the first few days.

Logain
06-06-2014, 04:48 AM
Free to play (F2P) bump.

Logain
06-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Updated point #10. "Defiance has stated that when the crystal armor is removed critical shots bypass the Armor Plates. However, this is not currently the case with Warmaster so Bio is still needed to to remove armor plates even after the crystal armor breaks."

I have noticed on several successful and unsuccessful runs that critical hits do not bypass the Warmaster's armor plates as of patch 2.005.

Atticus Batman
06-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I suggest fire nano once his crystal armor breaks.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15
•Burning enemies are more susceptible to health damage from all damage types

cuba 666
06-09-2014, 06:52 PM
This is what ppl need to look......this is a very accurate guide......pay attention....

Odessa
06-10-2014, 08:33 AM
I suggest fire nano once his crystal armor breaks.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15
•Burning enemies are more susceptible to health damage from all damage types

I just noticed that Radiation doesn't have any health damage listed. Whoops! I was using two radiation weapons. I'm guessing I'll have to revamp my second WM loadout to maximize the nano perks. I loathe switching in the middle since the animation was added.

Logain
06-10-2014, 08:58 AM
I just noticed that Radiation doesn't have any health damage listed.

I think that means that radiation gets no buff or hindrance when against health. So the the health bonus is 0% for radiation. Same with Nano-less, Bio, and Syphon. Radiation like Fire can still proc a damage increase to all weapons shooting it. Fire has a huge health damage bonus (+50%).

Keeper Riff
06-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I just noticed that Radiation doesn't have any health damage listed. Whoops! I was using two radiation weapons. I'm guessing I'll have to revamp my second WM loadout to maximize the nano perks. I loathe switching in the middle since the animation was added.Radiation still increases incoming damage when the effect is triggered, so both radiation and fire weapons needed.

Odessa
06-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Hmmm... I think I'll switch my secondary to fire then. I can proc with my Radiation Ultimag to get it going, then switch for more effectiveness. Thank you both for answering. :)

Deunan
06-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Bump to the top.

I know this is supposed to be a simple version of a Warmaster Guide but it might be helpful to talk about player tactics when the player becomes the focus of the Warmaster's physical attacks. Nilxain referred to this as "fixating" on a player character. As at the time his guide was only dealing with selecting the right arm of the Warmaster the tactic was simultaneously simple and extremely relevant to group DPS.

The player is supposed to run away in a circular direction that turns the right arm in towards the players which almost always means running in a clockwise direction. With players executing the proper tactics when the Warmaster fixated on them he would move with his right arm fairly static and exposed to players who only had to hang around near the center of the chamber and shoot the arm as he moved along the perimeter. (This is why well organized groups of players often stated the right arm was much easier to hit during ground phases.)

If players didn't exercise this simple tactic however, his arm movements would be more erratic as he would change directions and, in worst case scenarios, the player would run in a circular motion in the wrong direction causing his right arm to turn away from the group, sometimes very close to being flush to the wall, which temporarily nerfed group DPS until the Warmaster either fixated on another player or moved on to one of the other phases of his fighting pattern.

Dukhat
06-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Very nice, exactly what I needed.

Xaat Xuun
06-17-2014, 07:26 PM
I been getting a lot of white Wolfhounds . . recently a fire .. I think I'll see if get a decent mastery on it while it's white, and save it for later once I'm ego 4800. then up the rarity .. Good plan ? or no

and that's my bump for this topic ;)

samuelsinn
06-17-2014, 11:32 PM
can we get this stickyed ?
oh and bump for effect

Jambz
06-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Is the warmaster spawn random or does the event always spawn at a particular time and location?

lukeskyw
06-18-2014, 06:02 AM
Is the warmaster spawn random or does the event always spawn at a particular time and location?

I think major arkfall impact are 'semi random'. it always spawn on fix major arkfall point site and can happen twice in a row. But i think there can t be tWo warmaster's arkfalls at the same time on the map.

Logain
06-18-2014, 06:22 AM
Pretty much what lukeskyw said. The major arkfall impacts are semi random in predetermined places and I think only one is a available per map... But you can jump to your friends who are on a different map and the major arkfall impact might be in a different place.

Logain
06-18-2014, 06:23 AM
I been getting a lot of white Wolfhounds . . recently a fire .. I think I'll see if get a decent mastery on it while it's white, and save it for later once I'm ego 4800. then up the rarity .. Good plan ? or no

and that's my bump for this topic ;)

Thanks for the bump. And go for it. Let us know how the wolfhounds turn out.

Razoreddie
06-18-2014, 06:29 AM
I needed this guide. Badly. Many thanks to everyone that contributed advice and kudos to the OP. Contrary to what my wife claims...I can be trained!

Logain
06-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Thanks all for the input.

Tweaked some wording in the the Perks and Score sections.

samuelsinn
06-18-2014, 03:53 PM
why has this not been sickyed yet !!!

Xaat Xuun
06-18-2014, 08:45 PM
there are a few Warmaster guides out there already
one is in the sticky Great List of Forum Game Guides (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides),and in there you will find a link to New way to kill the warmaster..... (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156848-New-way-to-kill-the-warmaster.....) and a few post in there is a link to Warmaster Guide (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142543-Warmaster-Guide)
I'm sure if one does a search there can be even a few more found.
Even though I think guides should be listed in the Missions and Contracts (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?40-Missions-and-Contracts) , most players just look in & read the Gameplay Discussion. (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?3-General-Discussion)
there is enough (and at times too many) stickies there already, or have been, it's been good lately

for some reason, many people don't look in stickies, specially when there is a lot of 'em. Something about sticky shock and puppies ( or was it Pows) keeps players looking there

Razoreddie
06-19-2014, 09:14 AM
Just one question...and it's pretty newb, but when you say "don't break the locks" , what does that mean? I've been on a couple of these and always coming in sorta late. Thanks for answering what is probably an obvious answer but I 'd hate to get everyone pissed at me cause I was afraid to ask.

Deunan
06-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Just one question...and it's pretty newb, but when you say "don't break the locks" , what does that mean? I've been on a couple of these and always coming in sorta late. Thanks for answering what is probably an obvious answer but I 'd hate to get everyone pissed at me cause I was afraid to ask.The Warmaster is locked inside a stasis field. You free him so you can fight him by breaking four locks on the field generator. New players don't realize that the fight is on a countdown timer or that he requires a relatively huge amount of damage to kill. On top of that if you enter the chamber while he is locked down there is an objective message at the top of the screen that says break the locks and your EGO unit urges you to break them as well. It often results in players new to the content prematurely breaking the locks and freeing the Warmaster before there are enough experienced and properly equipped players in the chamber to kill him before the timer runs out. There are also players that simply don't have the patience to wait and will free him just to get whatever rewards they can get while other players are just trolls and do it to annoy and harass the other players.

Razoreddie
06-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Ah I see! Thanks for the reply Deunan. I get it now. Probably saved me from doing something dopey.

Logain
06-19-2014, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the input but honestly I don't think it deserves to be stickied. Guides that list other guides or larger over acrhing Defiance game or Defiance lore deserved to get stickied. This is just a small post in the grand scheme of things and may become irrelevant with the next patch (who know's). So I am ok with it as is at the moment.

Deunan
06-20-2014, 01:55 PM
I have noticed on several successful and unsuccessful runs that critical hits do not bypass the Warmaster's armor plates as of patch 2.005.Have you noticed any change in this over the last 6 patches? I didn't see anything in the patch notes. Also did you file a bug report or feedback report for this? They can't address it if they don't know about it.

Logain
06-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Have you noticed any change in this over the last 6 patches? I didn't see anything in the patch notes. Also did you file a bug report or feedback report for this? They can't address it if they don't know about it.

It was stated in the 1.509 patch notes (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159257-Patch-1.509-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes): "* Hitting enemies in their weak spots now avoids the regular damage reduction from Armor Plates."

I filed a bug report at one point. Not sure what came of it. I noticed this worked for regular enemies but did not work for Warmaster instances as of 2.007 (I have been traveling the last week an have not been able to test it out again).

I will test this sometime next week when I get back. I quick test is in a small doomed group of Warmaster where the plates still remain after reach drop, shoot WM with a Wolfhound and watch as the damage increases 10% for each armor plate that is removed.

Anyone else see this?

Xaat Xuun
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the bump. And go for it. Let us know how the wolfhounds turn out.
it's going slower then I thought, main one I'm working on is this one (http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/whtwolfproject001_zps3d765ed1.jpg). that was before it was mastered, and has since been rated up, this was the starting point, also didn't care for the master I got, so I had reset it. It was x1.03 Mag . . which gave me nothing.
have a couple others that have no Nano effects on them. I haven't had another fire nano one dropped since I decided to do this.
I should just wait till I upgrade the rarity before trying for a new/better Weapon Mastery Bonus, but that x1.03 only gave me + .43 to the Mag , it had to go

the best part, it's cheap to upping the ego level, just 6 more times then I'll take it to blue

Xaat Xuun
06-28-2014, 05:36 PM
bump post

well, just picked this up .. not great, and not going to stop me from my wolf project

. . . . . . . http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/darnit_zps7c45601b.jpg

Logain
06-29-2014, 07:43 AM
bump post

well, just picked this up .. not great, and not going to stop me from my wolf project

Nice grab, too bad that Wildcat does no have a single crit multiplier. But then again I have only pulled one Wildcat (blue with no crit rolls) and I have been buying Gunslinger boxes with my VBI rep the whole time. However, I just bought a blue double crit wolfhound (nanoless) with Machinist synergy at a vendor. First thought, holy cow... yes I will spend 2,514 scrip for that :)

Logain
06-29-2014, 08:00 AM
On another note has anyone else noticed that rewards weapons seem to be a little bit stronger and easier to aim? (ie the XAR or the Detu Ara or even the Chaos Reigns Wolfhound?)

You know the black circular recital wolfhound that you get from one of the early missions "Chaos Reigns" seen here:

I have held onto it because I liked the look and feel of it. I finally upgraded it to legendary:

because I felt like it was easier to aim than a standard wolfhound. Is it just me or have other people seen this as well?

Logain
07-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Weekend bump for new players. Updated guide for clarity.

UncleSpider77
07-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Just one question...and it's pretty newb, but when you say "don't break the locks" , what does that mean? I've been on a couple of these and always coming in sorta late. Thanks for answering what is probably an obvious answer but I 'd hate to get everyone pissed at me cause I was afraid to ask.

No this makes you awesome in my book. I won't just repeat what I'm sure will be quite a few answers, but thanks again for asking.

Strykewolf
07-05-2014, 05:02 PM
On another note has anyone else noticed that rewards weapons seem to be a little bit stronger and easier to aim? (ie the XAR or the Detu Ara or even the Chaos Reigns Wolfhound?)

You know the black circular recital wolfhound that you get from one of the early missions "Chaos Reigns" seen here:

I have held onto it because I liked the look and feel of it. I finally upgraded it to legendary:

because I felt like it was easier to aim than a standard wolfhound. Is it just me or have other people seen this as well?

The only thing wins have dropped for me is DLC stuff. As a newer F2P, useless to me. That said, I enjoy the fight and do the best that I can to help a win.

UncleSpider77
07-05-2014, 05:03 PM
And Thank you Logain for this informative thread. Cleared up a few misconceptions I had. Still waiting for answer on bio 'nades causing/not causing lag-out. I've always just figured they were on the no-no list, like bmgs.

Logain
07-05-2014, 10:55 PM
The only thing wins have dropped for me is DLC stuff. As a newer F2P, useless to me. That said, I enjoy the fight and do the best that I can to help a win.

Chaos Reigns is the first mission you complete after the intro section. The reward for completing that mission is a green wolfhound which I have upgraded.

As for Warmaster, for kills he only drops DLC2 weapons but with a higher score you get more keys, scrip, and arkforge etc. So with kills you get more of that stuff. And Arkforge is about to become more rare.

Logain
07-05-2014, 11:08 PM
And Thank you Logain for this informative thread. Cleared up a few misconceptions I had. Still waiting for answer on bio 'nades causing/not causing lag-out. I've always just figured they were on the no-no list, like bmgs.

After some self testing and watching people throw bio grenades, I think that they are ok to use. I still think the better strategy is to use a bio gun to quickly shoot off the armor plates. Then swap to a fire or radiation gun to do more damage when it procs. With that in mind the use of Shrill (radiation) and pyro grenades come in handy to proc those effects while the Warmaster is running on the ground. In fact a well placed Shrill grenade can effect the Warmaster while hanging.

In short I think bio grenades are ok.

I've seen WM flip out when Decoy is used. At least I suspect that but cannot prove it.

I've also think a lot of the lagging and disconnecting during WM is due to the number of people forming groups to try and zerg it to death (at least on PC, consoles probably have this issue and more).

UncleSpider77
07-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I've seen WM flip out when Decoy is used. At least I suspect that but cannot prove it.

I've also think a lot of the lagging and disconnecting during WM is due to the number of people forming groups to try and zerg it to death (at least on PC, consoles probably have this issue and more).

1.Ugh... decoy in a wm, why?

2. Yes this. Console definitely has more lag issues (that's a given). I understand waiting for some real dps to show but some folks are obsessed with getting like 40 people in there. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't ALWAYS among the players kicked so the server can handle it lol.
Thanks again!

Keeper Riff
07-06-2014, 12:50 AM
After some self testing and watching people throw bio grenades, I think that they are ok to use. I tried solo'ing him on PTS and he never glitched, be it bio nades, bio weapons or nothing bio at all.

I still think the better strategy is to use a bio gun to quickly shoot off the armor plates. Then swap to a fire or radiation gun to do more damage when it procs.The thing is you have to use two loadouts for this, as you'll need RAW DMG bio weapon, RAW DMG rad/fire weapon, Crit DMG Bio weapon, Crit DMG rad/fire weapon as opposed to just RAW DMG + Crit DMG + Bio nade in one loadout. Switching loadout with the new system can cause lag or death.

I've also think a lot of the lagging and disconnecting during WM is due to the number of people forming groups to try and zerg it to death (at least on PC, consoles probably have this issue and more).I was lagging out with only 15 people in the zone. I think it's more about overall server load rather than this particular instance.

1.Ugh... decoy in a wm, why?To quickly port behind his back when he's turning around, obviously. Drag some bombs away from a large group of players, etc.

UncleSpider77
07-06-2014, 02:16 AM
To quickly port behind his back when he's turning around, obviously. Drag some bombs away from a large group of players, etc.

Oh that makes sense, thanks.

Logain
07-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Been in a lot of PUG groups lately that have failed. Seem to get the crystal armor off but then fall behind when shooting at the exposed crit spot (i.e. the spot that is yellow).

I cannot stress enough how important point #6 is:

6. For the other weapon choose a high Crit DPS weapon (like the VBI HP-6 Wolfhound or VBI HP-7 Wildcat) ideally with radiation or fire (to increase damage and group DPS) close to your ego. Although syphon will help you stay alive if you die a lot. A VBI SS-2 Ranger is also a high crit DPS weapon but suffers from having a limited ammo pool. Shoot your high Crit DPS weapon at the cirt spot after the crystal armor breaks.

Please use one of three guns during the 2nd stage of Warmaster (i.e. when the crit spot is exposed):

1. VBI Wolfhound
2. VBI Wildcat (essentially the a super charged wolfhound if you own DLC4)
3. VBI Ranger

That's about it. The DPS is about double any SMG/AR/LMG out there. Practice with them they will become your friends. Happy Warmaster hunting!

Deunan
07-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Please use one of three guns during the 2nd stage of Warmaster (i.e. when the crit spot is exposed):

1. VBI Wolfhound
2. VBI Wildcat (essentially the a super charged wolfhound if you own DLC4)Critical damage per second is definitely an issue on PC NA. Weapon selection however is not the only thing that's relevant. I cannot emphasize enough how important damage increasing perks are:

Sucker Punch - +15% damage to the back
Gunslinger - +12% critical damage when firing from the hip (you should always be firing from the hip with a Wolfhound/Wildcat)
Kill or be Killed - +45% critical damage when your shields are empty - you should have a high capacity shield regardless but the effectiveness of this requires that you do not use a fast regenerating shield such as a Respark or Rebel

Hunter's Stance is a bit too situational for me to say it's a must have perk but it does give 9% critical damage when crouched so if you feel you can spare the perk slot it is something to consider.

If you have Arktech Revolution and are using a weapon with a radiation or incendiary nano-effect I would also recommend using the appropriate perk to increase that nano-type's damage by 15%. Those two nano-effects are also the only ones I would recommend after the crystal armor breaks. Incendiary in particular is a beast when combining it with Conflagration, Gunslinger and Sucker Punch for a total of 92% damage increase at all times and 137% whenever Kill or Be Killed kicks in.

Odessa
07-07-2014, 09:54 AM
I added those two additional Nano perks on my WM loadout.

Predator (Nano effects have a higher chance to trigger against enemies that are not in combat)

Insult to Injury (Nano effects have a higher chance to trigger on a critical hit)

For those who need to know the different Perks, Defiance Data EGO Grid (http://www.defiancedata.com/egogrid.php).

Xaat Xuun
07-07-2014, 12:59 PM
the description of 'Predator', would that work while WM is hanging ?, seems your both in combat the whole time, I was looking at that one, but it was the "not in combat" that turned me away from using it
I'm sure I have Insult to Injury, if not I need to check that.

drackiller
07-08-2014, 12:39 AM
I was going to ask if the critical percentages stacked from those perks but reading Deunan post i got my answer.

Logain
07-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Well the one good thing with the upcoming changes to Warmaster in patch 2.1 is that maybe people will use strategy instead of trying to zerg it to death.

Will update guide to accommodate the new Timers for the Warmaster instance.

TheOz
07-10-2014, 01:22 PM
@ 1

Logain
07-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Organizing a WM raid may actually be pretty simple. Arrange your groups beforehand (all you need to do is get your party full) and clear the trash. When the terminal opens, the leader from each party goes in. While it's not a guarantee, you have better odds of getting 4-6 people into the same instance that have an additional 12-18 people waiting to hit Go To Leader than 16-24 people all queuing up. It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

This is a great idea.

Logain
07-10-2014, 02:07 PM
BTW with the new timers in place you have to be very quick to get all your loot that has dropped on the upper level. It seems to go by very quickly to me.

Logain
07-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Weekend bump. Will have an updated version of the guide on Monday.

In the meantime, how goes the Warmaster hunting with timers?

Cavadus
07-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Pretty poorly. Haven't even gotten through his armor since the timer.

Bonehead
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Is the new version going to include busting in as fast as possible with bmg and canker as endorsed by Trion?

Edit;

Here is a new technique for breaking the locks before the timer runs out.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/2014-07-12_00003_zpseabec096.jpg

Heartlight
07-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Here is a new technique for breaking the locks before the timer runs out.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/2014-07-12_00003_zpseabec096.jpg

I can't tell ya how much this picture cracks me up, Mr. McWhoop. Every time. Pure comedy genius :)

Deunan
07-12-2014, 06:24 PM

3 Major Arkbreaks and 3 Warmaster kills under 3 different situations.

Logain
07-12-2014, 06:59 PM
3 Major Arkbreaks and 3 Warmaster kills under 3 different situations.

Awesome. Any common theme or trend for the 3 successes?

Bonehead
07-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Awesome. Any common theme or trend for the 3 successes?

Deunan on your friends list?

Deunan
07-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Awesome. Any common theme or trend for the 3 successes?Not really, but I am only going to mention the one that I think matters for this guide.

There weren't a lot of us outside, so we didn't group up first and send in leaders. We just queued in ungrouped, all got into the same instance and we didn't get queued into an already running instance. During the fight upstairs most of us jumped up to the mezzanine in an effort to leave the last Viscera standing to buy us some time to call in others but 2 or 3 kept shooting at the Viscera and eventually killed it before we could get more than 14 players inside. (Unfortunately everyone on my list was either offline, already inside, or in a co-op or PvP map.) This tactic is hardly fool proof but it does kind of put us back to where we were before 2.1. Now it's the last Viscera that is the equivalent to what the locks were before 2.1. It was actually Darien that first suggested this tactic in the General Discussion forums.

I think it's worth using this tactic because there are going to be situations where even if you have 24 players in 6 groups and send in the leaders as Atra suggested, you still may end up with situations where something like 3 leaders ending up in one instance and 3 ending up in another may happen so the extra time this may buy to get the rest of the team inside the same instance can be valuable.

We cracked the crystal armor on the back fairly early with ~4 minutes left on the timer. Players were coming in as we were fighting and we had at least 20 at the end. We did have some heavy hitters inside including Atra and Miss Teri and other reliable players whose names I recognized like Escalius, Ic3b3rg and HG Wells. I suspect that the group succeeded because we actually had enough 5000+ players and 4000+ players that know and use the proper loadouts and tactics and a very low amount of players that didn't which is in line with what I have said in the past, i.e. you don't need to zerg the Warmaster to win. You just need to get a decent number of players that employ the right tactics and loadouts (and that number is not 40 :p).

On a side note players are still managing to zerg the Warmaster. One of the kills was a zerg complete with a blinding amount of cold fire weapons firing on his back after the crystal armor broke along with the soothing blue glow of BMGs continuously spamming players. :rolleyes:

TripleSixSVK
07-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Score system need BIG FIX.

http://images.megaupload.cz/Score.png

Escyos
07-13-2014, 05:46 AM
You need a new revision for step 1.

It should be "STOP whining about the warmaster, things will happen the way you don't want them to go, no matter how hard you try. Granted you may have precious time to attempt a warmaster in a day but that does not excuse the use of name-calling or intimidation to other players. There is no rule that says a player has to wait for others to show up before breaking the locks, so stop pretending there is."

Logain
07-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Deunan on your friends list?

Ha! I will make that rule #13 :-)

Logain
07-13-2014, 10:56 AM

I agree with you.

Bonehead
07-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Ummm. This is the big scoring fix. It's been out for a while now. It used to be damage and now it's all kinds of stuffs!

Logain
07-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Updated guide. One good thing with the addition of timers is not only will it speed up the instance but it take more strategy to use the correct perks and weapons than just trying to zerg the Warmaster to death.

Xaat Xuun
07-16-2014, 03:00 PM
I have nothing to add at the moment . . hummm
maybe I could just

bump

Logain
07-22-2014, 05:48 AM
Warmaster health bars are coming! Hooray!

Market
07-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Warmaster health bars are coming! Hooray!

And they are awesome!! ;)

DeadEye68
07-22-2014, 05:54 AM
health bars are coming!

Can we get chocolate and peanuts ?

Logain
07-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Can we get chocolate and peanuts ?

How about milk chocolate and toffee?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/Small-heath-package.jpg

But seriously props to Etaew for bringing this up and helping spur it to life (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?167418-Warmaster-Armor-Health-Indicators&highlight=warmaster+health+bars).

And here it is in action on PTS (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?168378-2.105-to-PTS#9).

07-24-2014, 04:13 AM

No need for fix, please. WM is about score, not about kill. All the whiners that can't push a 300k+ score are just noob. Do it with people you know if you want to kill it. Otherwise it's about the AF farm.

with the addition of timers is not only will it speed up the instance but it take more strategy

The WM guide needs to be updated. Killing isn't the goal, scoring is. And you don't need to be 5.5k EGO to get a 300k score. If you don't know how, you don't know how to play WM.

I always lol at all those guys still using a Wolfhound in a PUG WM :) If you want to play with scrubs, go for score. You want to kill it, leave all the useless kiddies at home.

drackiller
07-24-2014, 07:44 AM
Any noob can score that high...but not all can or know how to kill it.

Logain
07-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Maybe there should be a scoring guide?

drackiller
07-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Maybe there should be a scoring guide?

I think that Jackdaws made one, but it`s missing from the boards ...LOL.

I don`t care anymore...

Logain
08-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Pre-weekend bump.

Does any PTS'ers know how the go to clan member function work for WM? Especially if you already have 24 in the instance. Or do you still need to do the group invite trick.

Logain
08-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Long weekend (at least for PC-NA) bump. I am still around though having become a new father my Defiance time is now greatly limited. If you find anything that I should add to the guide feel free to post.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

drackiller
08-31-2014, 09:37 AM
I am still around though having become a new father my Defiance time is now greatly limited.!

Congratulations !!! :)

Logain
09-03-2014, 01:14 PM
* Fun fact: The maximum health of the Warmaster is 195,639,124. Good hunting! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173362-Defiance-2.207-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes)

Cryptic Effect
09-13-2014, 01:30 AM
* Fun fact: The maximum health of the Warmaster is 195,639,124. Good hunting! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173362-Defiance-2.207-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes)

unfortunately it only takes 3-4 5000 or higher ego players to make his health reach that amount and on xbox 360 NA servers most people I have seen attempting to kill him are 3000 or lower which is very common and you can't get nearly enough people in that are 5000 or higher because most have moved on to other games. I only wish I could kill him at least once and my ego is 5236 so I am higher ego and not lower and have yet to kill him.

Also I see the back to be a better target when using the sucker punch perk to destroy crystal a little faster that's just my opinion.

SirServed
10-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Bumping for newer players that want to learn how to win this encounter.

satirized
10-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Bumping for newer players that want to learn how to win this encounter.

By using their eyes, ears and brains.

SirServed
10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
By using their eyes, ears and brains.
I don't want them to get the wrong idea and smash the Warmaster's fists with their character's brains. This guide does the heavy lifting.

satirized
10-15-2014, 05:02 PM
I don't want them to get the wrong idea and smash the Warmaster's fists with their character's brains. This guide does the heavy lifting.

I dont think smashing the WM with air does anything.

Logain
10-22-2014, 02:14 PM

Ha. And Bump again.

Tex_Arcana
10-22-2014, 03:22 PM

I always assumed I would be able to give it the Vir Cotto wave-off.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/145d52443e16809fc027ba3e22d700ea/tumblr_mzligrwJuz1qh1g19o4_250.gif
Thanks for this guide.
BIG help knowing what works.
*Ahem: Is a modded VOT Disruptor no good?

SirServed
10-22-2014, 03:29 PM
*Ahem: Is a modded VOT Disruptor no good?
The weapon's potential DPS may be inferior to that of a SMG. The projectiles spread as they travel, causing a potential DPS loss.

Snowclan
10-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Might be worth asking one of the mods to make this a sticky-post rather than committing Thread Necromancy every so often. Better yet would be to completely re-write the guide, get it up to date with the game as it stands now, and then PM Kiwi to see about getting it made into a stickypost.

It's a good guide. I have a quibble with it. There are no weapons that do zero damage to the Warmaster's crystal armor. It's not that a BMG, for example, does no damage. The problem with a BMG is that it does very poor single target damage, and should not be used in a damage race on a single target.

It might be worth mentioning that explosive weapons of any kind are a bad idea for the Warmaster. Most of them do rather poor damage per second. They hit for large amounts, but due to fire rate, magazine size, or ammo pool, their damage over a period of time works out to be rather low. They also have the disadvantage of having blinding visual effects. The Warmaster is a team effort, and if you are blinding the other players with the flash from your explosive weapons, they can't see to aim or to detect incoming fire from the Warmaster in time to dodge it. This is true of all of the Defiant Few and Volge weapons.

The Crimefighter actually does quite a bit of damage if you have the knack for aiming it. Sadly, I have watched a great many players who can't hit a moving target with it, nor can they figure how to arc their fire and hit the Warmaster's back when he's hanging from the roof. Those people not only do less damage than they would with a SMG, they also make it harder on everyone else with screen shake and blinding green flashes.

SirServed
10-22-2014, 03:39 PM
There are no weapons that do zero damage to the Warmaster's crystal armor.
I challenge you to damage the WM with a Charge Blade.

Snowclan
10-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Has nobody been able to land a shot on his hand? My bet is that his armor can be damaged with a blade, but the delivery system for that particular weapon makes it rather difficult to land a hit.

WanWhiteWolf
10-22-2014, 04:11 PM
I challenge you to damage the WM with a Charge Blade.

If the hand hit does not work you can do a trick.

Once he crushes the ground go next to him and you will be thrown at the wall.From there a blur jump might get a hit on his back.

OR

Wait above and jump on him as he passes beneath you. I don't like the odds of that ....

Snowclan
10-23-2014, 11:27 AM
I went and whapped his hand with my sword when he was firing that big beam of his. Damage was done. Challenge completed. Do I get a cookie?

SirServed
10-23-2014, 12:24 PM
I went and whapped his hand with my sword when he was firing that big beam of his. Damage was done. Challenge completed. Do I get a cookie?
You get a "Shame on you" for using a Charge Blade during the WM encounter. Did you notice how much damage it did?

Snowclan
10-23-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't think anyone actually noticed when I did it, so no complaints, and no, I was too busy making sure I didn't get fried and switching load-outs to really notice the damage.

Tex_Arcana
10-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Warmaster patch will include Valarian Steel for those who like hack and slash. ;)

Midnight
10-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Need a monofilament blade for the big monkey...

Tex_Arcana
10-24-2014, 12:29 AM

The EMC XAR-22 is damned accurate. That's all I know ;). And seems to shoot forever as well.
I'm still without DLC's, so it's been one of the best all-rounders I've seen so far.
I'm sure there's better; but for now: It serves well. I've been up-rating it for the time being.
Thinking about putting in a different nano than electrical...
I have the Detu Aru; but haven't tried it yet. Time to try it before I out ego it too much.
Didn't even THINK of keeping the Chaos Reigns 'Hound...ah well. I have more character slots to fool with.

Gurnolla
10-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Hi all

Fairly new to Defiance and still working on getting a WM kill.

I've done a number of WM attempts and would like to ask for some feedback.

Bio grenades: Bio grenades do not appear to have the same effect as the nano proc of similar name. The description describes it as a snare effect weapon. There seems to be some implication in forum posts that it has an additional effect similar to the weapon nano proc. I see no indication that this is the case.

When the WM is hanging you can shoot at the knuckles of the right hand (the hand he is hanging by) and get crit damage numbers. Is this of any significance? If he is recharging his armor or ability to do the spark attack, can his ability to charge be reduced by focusing attacks on the knuckle while he is hanging?

When he is hanging, people tend to group up to get a shot at his back and the attrition rate for the people who are close seems to be very high. With medium range weapons you can stay back far enough to have time to evade the sparks. DPS calculators assume you are staying alive.

Tia
Elsy, OMD

SirServed
10-24-2014, 02:16 AM
The Bio nano does 125% damage to armor plates. The Bio grenade does 100% damage to armor plates. The difference is that a Bio weapon has the damage attached to each shot, therefore you need to toss the grenade and shoot the target to see armor plates go down. In addition to the snare, its effect is that it reduces the damage that the affected enemy deals, this works as intended. The downside to Bio is that it doesn't do anything useful once the armor plates go down.

You won't get crit numbers often enough for it to be a viable strategy. You can stop the EMP attack one time during the whole fight when shooting the right arm, and it will only force a mechanic that the boss would normally use later to come into play sooner. Shooting the right arm isn't viable because the Sucker Punch perk exists. 15% extra damage done will always be greater than 0.

The close spots aren't for those with doubt as part of their strategy. You're only going to achieve maximum kill when you get in there and get some. Learn that the fight is very scripted. Know how the boss will move and respond to situations. Ablative Armor Stim whenever you can while he hangs, always deal with death from above as necessary. Sure, dodging a bomb can save your life and only cost you a second or two of DPS. Depending on your loadout, getting hit by a bomb can also restore 30% of your EGO power. Do what works.

EDIT: Don't be a Spike Humper. When you drop a spike or see one go down, GET AWAY FROM THE CENTER OF IT. Enemy units can attack and kill spikes. When you stand next to a spike and get hit by a bomb, the spike takes damage too. Spikes have a good effective range for those gaining their benefits, you don't need to hump them. I don't know how many times I've seen innocent spikes perish at the whims of a Spike Humper.

Tex_Arcana
10-24-2014, 12:25 PM
The Bio nano does 125% damage to armor plates. The Bio grenade does 100% damage to armor plates. The difference is that a Bio weapon has the damage attached to each shot, therefore you need to toss the grenade and shoot the target to see armor plates go down. In addition to the snare, its effect is that it reduces the damage that the affected enemy deals, this works as intended. The downside to Bio is that it doesn't do anything useful once the armor plates go down.

SirServed,
What my clan mate (Gurnolla and I are a Clan of two) REALLY wants to know is how/where the empirical evidence of bio grenades actually causing armour plate damage comes from?
Gurnolla is a data loving s.o.b. ;)
He's scratching his head on that so hard he's digging a furrow in his skull ;).

BlackTalons
10-24-2014, 12:40 PM

I think the initial blast of the Bio grenade does 125% damage vs plates.

Also, 25% less damage + speed reduction may not mean much, but they do give an extra edge to survive aginst powerful enemies, like Bombers or Viscera.

SirServed
10-24-2014, 12:55 PM
SirServed,
What my clan mate (Gurnolla and I are a Clan of two) REALLY wants to know is how/where the empirical evidence of bio grenades actually causing armour plate damage comes from?
Gurnolla is a data loving s.o.b. ;)
He's scratching his head on that so hard he's digging a furrow in his skull ;).
Trick mentioned it during a livestream a few months back.

I think the initial blast of the Bio grenade does 125% damage vs plates.

Also, 25% less damage + speed reduction may not mean much, but they do give an extra edge to survive aginst powerful enemies, like Bombers or Viscera.
I don't have issues with Bombers or Viscera. Radiation Needler and Jackpot Wildcat > Those guys. I'm actually more threatened by the standard burst shots vs. 10 Troopers.

Tex_Arcana
10-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Trick mentioned it during a livestream a few months back.

Ah Ok. Thanks.
Got my first WM kill yesterday morning: great group with only 5 or so that didn't know what was up.
We got them to stop shooting locks, and had a good group fire at the back at the start.
I picked up a Blue HP-6 with Assassin Synergy and have been keeping it up with my ego: Damn thing crits like a truck even as blue.
managed to empty the clip into WM as he went down: So much fun :)

mortaug
10-27-2014, 02:36 AM
So during the Extra Life yesterday I finally got into a Warmaster with people who had read this thread :).
We all grouped up at his back off the glass, waited for the locks to time out & blasted the poop out of him.
His armor went down just after he stood up & he went down for good in less than another minute.
YES! I was thinking, now we get to see an awesome cut scene like when you kill the boss in a Co-op map.
ERRR, NO?!?
Nothing
Nada just the listing of where you ranked.

C'mon the biggest bad guy in the game and NOTHING to commemorate it?????

Sorry just had to vent :/

Tex_Arcana
10-28-2014, 01:15 PM
So during the Extra Life yesterday I finally got into a Warmaster with people who had read this thread :).
We all grouped up at his back off the glass, waited for the locks to time out & blasted the poop out of him.
His armor went down just after he stood up & he went down for good in less than another minute.
YES! I was thinking, now we get to see an awesome cut scene like when you kill the boss in a Co-op map.
ERRR, NO?!?
Nothing
Nada just the listing of where you ranked.

C'mon the biggest bad guy in the game and NOTHING to commemorate it?????

Sorry just had to vent :/
I hear you on this.
Got my first WM "kill" last week, and until I checked the pursuit I did not know for sure if we had killed him.

SirServed
10-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Moving this back to page 1, carry on.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-29-2014, 06:41 PM
40 people with cankers and damage spikes = warmaster dead

SirServed
10-29-2014, 07:39 PM
40 people with cankers and damage spikes = warmaster dead
By your logic, 40 people with (insert weapon that's not a BMG) and Damage Spikes = WM dead. Not sure what the obsession is with inferior weapons at higher threat levels.

Tex_Arcana
11-04-2014, 10:43 AM
By your logic, 40 people with (insert weapon that's not a BMG) and Damage Spikes = WM dead. Not sure what the obsession is with inferior weapons at higher threat levels.
And good luck getting 40 people all on the same page in a single WM fight (at least from what I've seen).

WanWhiteWolf
11-04-2014, 11:01 AM
And good luck getting 40 people all on the same page in a single WM fight (at least from what I've seen).

It's not luck. You can simply use the invite + kick to get everyone in the same instance. If you have 5+ leaders that do this, you can invite 40 peoples before the newbs kill the volge and break the locks.

But 20 people with decent weapons and some WM experience can take him down. By decent weapons I don't mean cankers, rockets, detonator, BMGs ...etc.

On EU we beat him with 14 people but it was a close run.We also failed with around 30 people; but you couldn't see anything on the screen with 10-15 crimefighters around.

Obvious Obbe
11-04-2014, 11:17 AM
It's not luck. You can simply use the invite + kick to get everyone in the same instance. If you have 5+ leaders that do this, you can invite 40 peoples before the newbs kill the volge and break the locks.

But 20 people with decent weapons and some WM experience can take him down. By decent weapons I don't mean cankers, rockets, detonator, BMGs ...etc.

On EU we beat him with 14 people but it was a close run.We also failed with around 30 people; but you couldn't see anything on the screen with 10-15 crimefighters around.

Personally CFs dont lag me but BMG's in heal mode just kill my already low FPS resulting in much lower DPS as i can barely get a shot off with my Wolfy... I dont need a healer, if i die i was stupid and I dont worm around on the floor nor do i resurrect anyone on the floor... Just release and run back in!

Logain
11-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Personally CFs dont lag me but BMG's in heal mode just kill my already low FPS resulting in much lower DPS as i can barely get a shot off with my Wolfy... I dont need a healer, if i die i was stupid and I dont worm around on the floor nor do i resurrect anyone on the floor... Just release and run back in!

I thought this just happens to me. I wish there was away to turn down or to turn off that effect. Would really help out with FPS.

Tex_Arcana
11-09-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm calling this the EMC XAR-22 bump.

Logain
11-10-2014, 08:41 AM
The second loadout (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160891-Simple-Warmaster-Guide/page1&highlight=Warmaster+guide#2) I listed for the WM also works pretty well in killing Hulkers (for Hulker Hell). Happy hunting!

SirServed
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Keeping this on page 1.

Tex_Arcana
11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Today's bump in honor of the end of Boardwalk Empire.
(Yes. I will use any excuse)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/Boardwalk-Empire-660x330.jpg

Logain
11-16-2014, 05:36 PM
I have a theory I would like to try out sometime.

Imagine a raid group full of Wetwork (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=26) users.

Tex_Arcana
11-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Imagine a raid group full of Wetwork (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=26) users.
Hmmmm....

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02669/Tailor_carrying_hi_2669535b.jpg

Dixie Cougar
11-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Bump for those who still bother with him.

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 12:04 AM

I use Firewall (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=28).

I say make your Wetwork (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=26) army and add in a supplemental troop of Firewall (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=28) weilders to keep some health regen going.

Dixie Cougar
11-20-2014, 12:54 AM
I use Firewall (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=28).

I say make your Wetwork (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=26) army and add in a supplemental troop of Firewall (http://www.defiancedata.com/synergy.php?id=28) weilders to keep some health regen going.

Followed by Way of Change users with charge blades to... uh, provide revive points?

crazyged
11-20-2014, 01:53 AM
Dang, got some of the way of change, wetwork and firewall gear, but not a single mod!

Where exactly do you get those from - boxes?

SirServed
11-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Dang, got some of the way of change, wetwork and firewall gear, but not a single mod!

Wait, what?

crazyged
11-20-2014, 02:33 AM
Wait, what?

Did I stutter? :D

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 03:01 AM

Dang I hope you are joking! I do NOT want to call somebody who seems like they know what they are doing an idiot!!!

crazyged
11-20-2014, 03:03 AM
Dang I hope you are joking! I do NOT want to call somebody who seems like they know what they are doing an idiot!!!

Oh, you can call me an idiot - you won't be the first! :D

I just haven't been paying much attention to these!

I'm very much a seat of my pants kind of player - not much finesse...

I see things, I kill them - never really go into the nitty gritty of how I killed 'em! :D

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Oh, you can call me an idiot - you won't be the first! :D

I just haven't been paying much attention to these!

They are 3 piece BACKPACK synergy! As in 2 weapons and a shield.

Firewall

Firewall is a Weapons and Shield synergy.

Bonuses
•[1]: On shield break, restore health and shields for 5s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[2]: On shield break, repair 1 armor plate. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[3]: On shield break, +20% outgoing healing for 10s (Cooldown: 30s)

Wetwork

Wetwork is a Weapons and Shield synergy.

Bonuses
•[1]: On shield break, grant 15% damage for 5s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[2]: On shield break, gain 15% armor penetration for 5s. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[3]: +10% damage when shield is down.

The Way of Change

The Way of Change is a Weapons and Shield synergy.

Bonuses
•[1]: On melee kill, +30% crit multiplier for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
•[2]: On crit kill, +30% melee damage for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
•[3]: On armor break, 10 seconds blur effect. (Cooldown: 30 Seconds)

Hope that clears it up.

crazyged
11-20-2014, 03:12 AM
They are 3 piece BACKPACK synergy! As in 2 weapons and a shield.

Firewall

Firewall is a Weapons and Shield synergy.

Bonuses
•[1]: On shield break, restore health and shields for 5s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[2]: On shield break, repair 1 armor plate. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[3]: On shield break, +20% outgoing healing for 10s (Cooldown: 30s)

Wetwork

Wetwork is a Weapons and Shield synergy.

Bonuses
•[1]: On shield break, grant 15% damage for 5s to surrounding allies. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[2]: On shield break, gain 15% armor penetration for 5s. (Cooldown: 30s)
•[3]: +10% damage when shield is down.

The Way of Change

The Way of Change is a Weapons and Shield synergy.

Bonuses
•[1]: On melee kill, +30% crit multiplier for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
•[2]: On crit kill, +30% melee damage for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
•[3]: On armor break, 10 seconds blur effect. (Cooldown: 30 Seconds)

Hope that clears it up.

Well I knew that!

...straight after I read this...

Dixie Cougar
11-20-2014, 03:13 AM
Way of Change is doomed to be rubbish until they add a blade that has it (even then questionable, but still). Not too late for Thanksgiving, devs!

inb4 they make me regret vendoring all my EXL WoC stuff.

Xaat Xuun
11-20-2014, 03:39 AM
Way of Change is doomed to be rubbish until they add a blade that has it (even then questionable, but still). Not too late for Thanksgiving, devs!

I forgot who it was or which thread they posted it, but I'm sure it was on PTS section of the forums . . there was someone that did get a Blade with that synergy

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 04:39 AM

I forgot who it was or which thread they posted it, but I'm sure it was on PTS section of the forums . . there was someone that did get a Blade with that synergy

I believe it is possible to get a blade with one of those 3 synergies from the Corporate Espionage lockbox, where those synergies came from. Of course we all know how rare a blade is in T4s so good luck with it in the million dollar baby!

Xaat might even be right about somebody mentioning it, but I'd rather not search for that post. Sorry Dix! :p

Dixie Cougar
11-20-2014, 04:48 AM
I believe it is possible to get a blade with one of those 3 synergies from the Corporate Espionage lockbox, where those synergies came from. Of course we all know how rare a blade is in T4s so good luck with it in the million dollar baby!

Xaat might even be right about somebody mentioning it, but I'd rather not search for that post. Sorry Dix! :p

No worries, idle speculation on my part. I would like to be wrong when I tell new clanmates that just got some high rarity drop that entire weapon categories are non-viable (blades, charge weapons) or tantamount to griefing (BMGs).

Xaat Xuun
11-20-2014, 01:45 PM
No worries, idle speculation on my part. I would like to be wrong when I tell new clanmates that just got some high rarity drop that entire weapon categories are non-viable (blades, charge weapons) or tantamount to griefing (BMGs).
I found it

Had one drop on the PTS back when I was testing that Corporate Luckbox. Here ya go:

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/kershoc/Way-Of-Change-Blade_zpsd2e23a33.jpg

Dixie Cougar
11-20-2014, 02:20 PM
I found it

Nice. Think that's one thing keeping me off the PTS, I know I'll get all the good drops on there instead of on the live server haha.

Dixie Cougar
11-25-2014, 12:36 AM
aaaand bump

Tex_Arcana
11-26-2014, 12:20 PM
WTF is this doing on page 3? bump.

EMMA BLADE
11-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Major ArKfall (The Warmaster)

I want to start off by saying, if this is not the appropriate place for this post I do apologize. I want to thank you for a truly will written Warmaster Guide. No reflection on your wisdom and guidance to help other gamers.

Which brings me to the reason, why this post and a little background. I struggled with my conscience, about saying anything. So for my peace of mind and maybe others who feel the same way? I have played many PC games in the past, but this is the first On-line game. From the being I have truly enjoyed this game. The other day, I had called down a Major Arkfall, and ran into a conflict with another gamer. This gamer (Max EGO), from the being started barking out orders, telling people what to do, what weapons to use, and becoming frustrated when their orders weren’t followed.

I understand that winning is the object of the game. But is it not also the journey that matters. When I first came up against Nim, I had my butt kicked several times. I tried several times with no a vale, when I realized to try different strategize. It was the greatest joy, when I beat him. I have in the past play PC games and used cheats, but those victories were not as sweet.

Not everyone has a HIGH EGO, or the latest greatest weapons, some of us have to work our way up. Would it be fair to expect everyone to play this game their way, where’s the fun in that. You know that at the end of the day, is does not put food on the table or clothes on your back. This is a wonderful game, and I have met some interesting and great people from around the world. I come to this game to escape from the REAL world, if I wanted to be forced to play this their way, I should just delete this game and save some coins. But I won’t, there are too many wonderful gamers out there, which I have yet not met.

Sorry for the preaching, but all in all, your post was great and in the forum (not during game play). You have given gamers the choice for help. Thank You.

Emma Blade
“Virtus Et Honor”

Required information
11-27-2014, 09:28 AM
He/she just tryin to help you.
You're right, the journey matters, and there are a lot of angry and sometimes disrespectful high (or low)-EGO players in major arkfalls ! But the fact is: Killing WM need a good teamwork (good guns, good strategy etc), so when you shoot randomly without paying attention to what experienced players said, the journey doesn't matters anymore.
Don't blame them, they are just tired to see the same thing every single time because a lot of players dont have a "team spirit". Just like when ppl waste the ego boost in dark matter arkfalls, or when they take the cerberus in 101 without waiting their teammates, or... you know.

EMMA BLADE
11-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Well, 'REQUIRED INFORMATION", your right about one thing. It does take good teamwork, but should "EXPERIENCED PLAYERS" rule the game? Did you not start off as a novice yourself, and find your way? I have read many posts from the so called "Experienced Players" not liking the fact of F2P gamers. I have also notice this within the game. All I'm saying is that this is a game for everyone, let them learn as I did, and not be bullied. I know you have come across some of those Experienced Player who are so totally obsessed with the game, it makes it not fun to play. Sometimes "Help" is not always wanted, but when asked it is great.
Yes, it is frustrating at times when someone new to the game does something dumb. But, remember when we did the same thing. But it is not fair to say just newbies, some of the experienced player also. And how can someone gain experience if we lead the way. The greatest experiences are our failures. In closing this is only a game, don't take it to seriously.

Obvious Obbe
11-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Well, 'REQUIRED INFORMATION", your right about one thing. It does take good teamwork, but should "EXPERIENCED PLAYERS" rule the game? Did you not start off as a novice yourself, and find your way? I have read many posts from the so called "Experienced Players" not liking the fact of F2P gamers. I have also notice this within the game. All I'm saying is that this is a game for everyone, let them learn as I did, and not be bullied. I know you have come across some of those Experienced Player who are so totally obsessed with the game, it makes it not fun to play. Sometimes "Help" is not always wanted, but when asked it is great.
Yes, it is frustrating at times when someone new to the game does something dumb. But, remember when we did the same thing. But it is not fair to say just newbies, some of the experienced player also. And how can someone gain experience if we lead the way. The greatest experiences are our failures. In closing this is only a game, don't take it to seriously.
Points very much taken but can you also see it from the POV of the experienced player who gets his EGO reduced because low EGO players were complaining they couldnt compete, now you are talking about the mother of all conflicts in defiance and you want everyone still to be patient!? you dont just stumble into a major arkfall, its not a secret it isnt easy to beat the monkey. When im new somehwere i look around and listen to others, what you suggest is you can just walk in, tell everyone to take a break from their month long struggle for that 1 spejsul drop so you can... take your time... sorry but i'm getting fed up with this EGO bashing of late!

I spent my time for it, i didnt want to be tossed into coop maps with sub 100 ego scrubs that cant hit the friggin ESC button to skip the annoying cutscenes if their lives depended on them, i sure as shjtako didnt ask to be tuned down ego wise just to make it even more of a chore to run scrubs through, specially as it is a must! There is another thread about some whiney guy who spent 6 months to get to 3.4k ego how high levels passing through an area completely ruins his day... guess what, i went through that aswel to get to my 5K+. I just started a new toon on the NA server, and guess what, 3.2k ego in less than 2 weeks and with moderate play time spent between NA and EU servers.

Scrubs need to check themselfes ffs, tired of this.

EMMA BLADE
11-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Obvious Obbe, Really, "Scribs need to check themselfes ffs". point taken! Sorry for your woes.

Required information
11-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Well, 'REQUIRED INFORMATION", your right about one thing. It does take good teamwork, but should "EXPERIENCED PLAYERS" rule the game? Did you not start off as a novice yourself, and find your way?
That's exactly why I/we try to help new players, because now we know how it works.
You can try some things by yourself, of course, but don't blame the one who "barking out orders, telling people what to do, what weapons to use" because... nah, just don't. It's like saying "go **** yourself" to a free hug.
- and because you'll probably do the exact same thing in a couple of weeks/months/years !

SirServed
11-27-2014, 03:14 PM
The Warmaster once he's buffed up fully at TL10 has over 196 million health. Each player pulling their weight must deal 8.16 million damage to the boss AFTER breaking the crystal armor before the timer runs out. Can you deal that much damage in 6 minutes? With random PUGs it's more like 4-5 minutes.

What would possess a far from the highest EGO player to waltz up to the most DPS intensive fight in the game and expect to win? So you go and ignore the guy barking orders and you guys lose by far. Do you level your character and come back later or do you go straight to the next one that pops?

Most players don't understand what it takes to beat him. They don't want to cooperate or be told what to do, even if it will help them win. They also go to every Arkbreak possible with no care in the world about actually winning because it rewards them for losing. That's the gravity of the situation. You may feel that someone attempting to tell you how to win is bullying, but we've seen the result of not trying for almost a year now. We min/max our characters to get him down and the dead weight players hold us back (even some max EGO players are dead weight during that fight). The most common reason (I've been given) that they're still dead weight at 5900 is because no one told them how to do the fight, go figure.

EMMA BLADE
11-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Well, All I have to say is you WIN. If your feeling are so strongly about this game and your involvement to the betterment of the weaker players, then have your game. One thing I HATE most are individuals who make comments like "It's like saying "go **** yourself" to a free hug. That is one thing I have never said in my life nor even inflicted on a person. Last thing I wanted to do was to have battle of wits with an unarmed person. LAST POST. Good Luck with your treatment.

SirServed
11-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Well, All I have to say is you WIN. If your feeling are so strongly about this game and your involvement to the betterment of the weaker players, then have your game. One thing I HATE most are individuals who make comments like "It's like saying "go **** yourself" to a free hug. That is one thing I have never said in my life nor even inflicted on a person. Last thing I wanted to do was to have battle of wits with an unarmed person. LAST POST. Good Luck with your treatment.
^ I stated how it is and the reaction is extreme. I don't bark orders at others because I'm past that phase. I just show up and do my part, even if I know we're going to lose. Complaining is easy, so I only help people that are interested in listening.

Tex_Arcana
11-30-2014, 03:57 PM
^ I stated how it is and the reaction is extreme. I don't bark orders at others because I'm past that phase. I just show up and do my part, even if I know we're going to lose. Complaining is easy, so I only help people that are interested in listening.
For the Interested...bump.

Lubber
12-01-2014, 08:47 AM
There are some permanent noobs in real life, even grown-ups, that just don't wish to learn anything new even if new knowledge make their life easier. It may be because of many different reasons. It's all about headology, I guess. So what should we expect from children in the Internet?
As I've already stated somewhere at this forum, that there is no need for such a guide (though I appreciate the effort), because those, who want to know will find the way without it and those who don't - will not read it.
There are two ways to beat WarMonkey - bring good team with you or join with a team at event site that you may trust they know what they are doing (my way was second, thanks for Red Thugs that do runs on PC/EU). And this is the only guide for WM that may be.

PS. I just wish there would be sign at event site that indicate if that is "run for fun" or "run for kill". For me such an indicator is the presence of more than 10 members of one of the clans that I do respect.

crazyged
12-01-2014, 08:56 AM
There are some permanent noobs in real life, even grown-ups, that just don't wish to learn anything new even if new knowledge make their life easier. It may be because of many different reasons. It's all about headology, I guess. So what should we expect from children in the Internet?
As I've already stated somewhere at this forum, that there is no need for such a guide (though I appreciate the effort), because those, who want to know will find the way without it and those who don't - will not read it.
There are two ways to beat WarMonkey - bring good team with you or join with a team at event site that you may trust they know what they are doing (my way was second, thanks for Red Thugs that do runs on PC/EU). And this is the only guide for WM that may be.

PS. I just wish there would be sign at event site that indicate if that is "run for fun" or "run for kill". For me such an indicator is the presence of more than 10 members of one of the clans that I do respect.

Yup, complaining about WM doesn't accomplish anything - just be smart about it.

We've shown time and time again that the monkey is very beatable. Just think of him as the holy grail of bosses and when you beat him, you'll be joining the ranks of past and present victors...

'nuff said.

konstantinov
12-01-2014, 09:23 AM
The Warmaster once he's buffed up fully at TL10 has over 196 million health. Each player pulling their weight must deal 8.16 million damage to the boss AFTER breaking the crystal armor before the timer runs out. Can you deal that much damage in 6 minutes? With random PUGs it's more like 4-5 minutes.

What would possess a far from the highest EGO player to waltz up to the most DPS intensive fight in the game and expect to win? So you go and ignore the guy barking orders and you guys lose by far. Do you level your character and come back later or do you go straight to the next one that pops?

Most players don't understand what it takes to beat him. They don't want to cooperate or be told what to do, even if it will help them win. They also go to every Arkbreak possible with no care in the world about actually winning because it rewards them for losing. That's the gravity of the situation. You may feel that someone attempting to tell you how to win is bullying, but we've seen the result of not trying for almost a year now. We min/max our characters to get him down and the dead weight players hold us back (even some max EGO players are dead weight during that fight). The most common reason (I've been given) that they're still dead weight at 5900 is because no one told them how to do the fight, go figure.

A guide is great for those that want to learn. time and time again, people have shown that they do not want to learn or have the capacity for learning. I think it boils down to people having little to no situational awareness. They get so tunnel visioned in on loot that they just ignore anything else.

It is required to have high egos with the proper load outs and weapons to kill the WM. it's not optional right now. So why would people help the same people spamming zone chat "Need help WM". When they aren't going to listen or learn about the encounter?

This isn't directed at you sirserved, I'm just reinforcing your point.

We the minority know how to kill the WM and can do it fairly easily but having 10+ others in there being dead weight makes the fight much more difficult.

I say all of this as they are facts. A lot of people will disagree but the truth hurts. It doesn't matter if you're being boosted to 4750. I for one have stopped doing the WM not because of noobs but due to the useless point of killing him.

Xaat Xuun
12-08-2014, 08:02 AM
http://ascii.textfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bump2.jpg

Tex_Arcana
12-08-2014, 09:53 AM
http://ascii.textfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bump2.jpg

Solid reasoning mini-bump.

Xaat Xuun
12-20-2014, 04:40 AM
Up-see daisy

Tex_Arcana
12-21-2014, 01:24 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4726524/rocket-launch-o.gif

Lrrzg
12-21-2014, 01:35 PM

This. I've been in four WM instances today. Each time I looked first at which clans were heavily represented in the room.

Two were strong clan supported. I guessed we'd win/get close and both times we did get close.

Two were a mixed bunch of people. I guessed doomed before we started. Then the infectors and BMGs lit up Someone almost sobbed his wish over chat for closed instances. Then the uselesness began...

Lubber's post is nailed on.

Tex_Arcana
12-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Spell to bump it up found.

Dixie Cougar
01-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Bump against all those failmasters.

BenXFrank
01-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Bump... Because start reading... New Players.... ~_~

TheStigsCousin
01-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Bump... Because start reading... New Players.... ~_~

Sad thing is, I think the majority of new players don't know these forums exist :(

Logain
01-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Updated Nano section for clarity.... But just in case:

TLDR: Use FIRE. If you don't have fire use Radiation. If not those two use Bio/Syphon/Nano-less. And equip a Bio Grenade.

Keeper Riff
01-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Recently I noticed it's very difficult to make the nano grenade affect WM. He needs to dip his face into the puddle (when he rolls forward or falls from the ceiling) for grenade's nano effect to kick in. When the grenade explodes under his feet or arms, nothing happens. And my fire-nano Wolfhound stopped setting him on fire at all. What gives?

Azimov
01-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Warmaster armor firmware update 137.14 features improved resistance to nano effects. ;)

Logain
01-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Recently I noticed it's very difficult to make the nano grenade affert WM. He needs to dip his face into the puddle (when he rolls forward or falls from the ceiling) for grenade's nano effect to kick in. When the grenade explodes under his feet or arms, nothing happens. And my fire-nano Wolfhound stopped setting him on fire at all. What gives?

These are good questions... I have noticed that if I toss the bio grenade right under his hand right before he jumps off the wall it seems to get him every single time. So I have not noticed the dipping the face into the puddle effect.

As far as the Fire Nano ticking... I am not sure. It could be that someone else has already set him on fire and thus cannot be set on fire by you as well. So you don not see the tick marks but hopefully still see the damage boost. I have also noticed that only one tick mark is seen at a time... so if he is Bio'd you don't see him in flames until after the Bio ticking is complete.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Xn xN7x
01-15-2015, 11:12 AM
+1 for the post. More people need to learn these things. That is why us the Freemason clan on xbox NA server are able to beat him so easy.

Keeper Riff
01-17-2015, 10:24 AM
So I have not noticed the dipping the face into the puddle effect.Maybe it's not his face, maybe it's his back actually when he's rolling as it's his vulnerable spot too, same as arms.

Logain
01-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Maybe it's not his face, maybe it's his back actually when he's rolling as it's his vulnerable spot too, same as arms.

I always thought it was the splash that got him infected in one of his crystal armors not just walking over the puddle so this jibes with what you said.

Tex_Arcana
01-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Warmonkey nemesis found.
Pistol has epic crit.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fsvFBirBkA8/UJStfGpAiTI/AAAAAAAAAA0/G1QWvY9My90/s400/Funny+Monkey++Hands+Up.jpg

Altras
01-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Bumpage for the original Warmaster Guide.

Logain
01-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Bumpage for the original Warmaster Guide.

Thanks for the bump but I can't claim that. Nilxain's guide I think is the original guide. Though they have not been online in over a year.

Volodja Uljanov
01-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Must...keep...it...visible...bump.

Logain
03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
For those that need a visual guide: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?206359-The-quot-WARMASTER-Survival-quot-Guide

Chris Robet
03-14-2015, 10:31 PM
The goat is ramming this guide to the top.

Dixie Cougar
12-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Bump for Christmas WM.

Logain
12-16-2015, 06:35 PM
How to do more Abominable Warmasters in the same amount of time?

Kill WM faster by following tips in this thread.

Dysmach
12-17-2015, 05:24 AM
I was never bothered by BMGs until I experienced how harmful they are. Failed a WM earlier by just a few pixels. Could have been wiped easily if not for the 3-4 BMGs running around, ignoring people asking them to use bullets.

SirServed
12-17-2015, 01:37 PM
This is what my WM Loadout looks like. I got to a point where I stopped caring to revert them so I just do everything mono Fire related with it now. Since it's designed to maximize DPS, it's actually better than any Fire loadout I could have previously used.

http://i.imgur.com/gA38kqk.jpg

NullWolf
12-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Failed a WM earlier by just a few pixels. Could have been wiped easily if not for the 3-4 BMGs running around, ignoring people asking them to use bullets.

And thats the reason im so glad the xmas WM doesn't have a time limit stuck on him.

Tend to go in with my Dancing Lady and BHF tachmag with the 3x dmg rolls but I've discovered Tombstone is quite good for the job too. While it loses some overall damage due to bio nano it very well makes up for it with the 294 mag, its increased range, and the syn

Dixie Cougar
12-22-2015, 04:06 PM
This is what my WM Loadout looks like. I got to a point where I stopped caring to revert them so I just do everything mono Fire related with it now. Since it's designed to maximize DPS, it's actually better than any Fire loadout I could have previously used.

http://i.imgur.com/gA38kqk.jpg

Wait, intimidation works on the WM? When does he count as flinching?

SirServed
12-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Wait, intimidation works on the WM? When does he count as flinching?
It doesn't, I'm just too lazy to switch it in and out depending on circumstances. If I ever end up playing Expeditions as mono Fire, this perk set is what people are going to see when they inspect me.

#yolomors

Logain
12-23-2015, 08:10 AM
It doesn't, I'm just too lazy to switch it in and out depending on circumstances. If I ever end up playing Expeditions as mono Fire, this perk set is what people are going to see when they inspect me.

#yolomors

Expo: Blackcat over Devil Advocate? Crit DPS over Range?

SirServed
12-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Expo: Blackcat over Devil Advocate? Crit DPS over Range?
Perk Set ≠ Weapon Set. It's tedious to switch perks for a 2 minute fight. There are situations in which I do use my Black Cat over the Advocate, but I'm not sure that I'm allowed to tell anyone outside the clan...

Dixie Cougar
12-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Perk Set ≠ Weapon Set. It's tedious to switch perks for a 2 minute fight. There are situations in which I do use my Black Cat over the Advocate, but I'm not sure that I'm allowed to tell anyone outside the clan...

We use the cat for shooting rats in Broleptor Rektscavation. It's purrfect for when they need to die right meow.

r1p
12-23-2015, 06:02 PM

I heard Tom Cruise say the same thing.

Logain
12-30-2015, 07:10 AM
I heard Tom Cruise say the same thing.

Chuckle.... Last week bump.

Logain
12-31-2015, 08:45 AM
Since pictures are worth a thousand words and there seem to people who would like pics to be shown. I will demonstrate using pictures.

I called up an Abominable Warmaster so I could control the environment (i.e. no other people influencing damage being dealt).

I bought a plain no nano VOT Blaster from a vendor seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/7h0wozY.png

My loadout I used was simple and I removed DLC perks:

http://i.imgur.com/x86Ok9z.png

I shot the WM in the back using the no nano VOT Blaster and got 3905 DMG being dealt:

http://i.imgur.com/vThEj3k.png

I added a Fire Converter to the VOT Blaster (which should decrease the Card Damage from 7382 to (0.9 x 7382) to ~ 6643.8. Card shows 6644 so that checks out:

http://i.imgur.com/puOjqiC.png

Now if the Warmaster Blue Armor Crystal is health based then the damage done by fire converted Blaster should be 3905 x 0.9 x 1.5 = 5271.75.

So lets see what we got:

http://i.imgur.com/4IkUB0e.png

We got exactly 5272. Which checks out.

Thus proving without a doubt that the Warmaster Blue Crystal is indeed Health Based.

So take home point use Fire nano on crystal armor as well because it is health based.

Happy New Year! Defiance and All That.

Logain
04-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Bump for Armistice event and holiday Warmaster.

Claydough
04-05-2016, 08:22 PM

LOL

#topsecretconsortiumstrats

Wonka
05-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Guides / tutorials like this one, also loaded with tons of good tips in comments, should be included somewhere in the forum so all of us with little or no experience to WM can get better results from the beginning.

Good hunting!

WhiteStrike
05-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Guides / tutorials like this one, also loaded with tons of good tips in comments, should be included somewhere in the forum so all of us with little or no experience to WM can get better results from the beginning.

Good hunting!

And yet another necro.

Sevrin
05-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Given what I have seen in War Masters lately, Logain's guide might be a good one to bump up once in a while. But agreed that generally it's best to let the dead rest in peace.

xXxDSMer
05-29-2016, 02:10 PM
This thread should be a sticky somewhere.

One bone though:

- Nano-Less does the second most damage to health after Fire (followed soon after Radiation and Biological).

with DLC5, radiation out does nanoless by 5%:
(numbers just as an example, not actual weapon damage numbers!)
And for simplicity's sake this is assuming someone's removed the armor plates from the target.

100 nanoless dmg = 100 dmg done
100*0.90 (10% penalty for having a nano) = 90dmg
90*1.1667=105.003... call it 105... radiation weapon with radiation burns would be doing 105 dmg when the same nanoless weapon would be doing 100 dmg

and that's with DLC5 perks actually active... gotta swap loadouts around after everytime the character select screen is seen. Even if the player was just in game and crit out - still gotta swap loadouts around to re-activate DLC5 perks: whether it's conflagration, radiaton burns & gamma rays, deadly apparition & bloodsucker, corrosion, live wire.... all of 'em (even the ones I can't remember off top my head lol)

konstantinov
05-29-2016, 02:28 PM
We need stickies for relevant things so people don't necro. That's providing people can read dates.

Logain
05-29-2016, 05:29 PM
One bone though:

with DLC5, radiation out does nanoless by 5%:

Fixed. I blame it on the many revisions over the last 2 years.

Though in defense I had this right after listing nano-less:

I recommend fire and radiation guns and a bio grenade.

Happy Warmaster hunting!

slobyboi
12-24-2016, 11:39 PM
the only set up i use for war master is supreme Galactic Guardian with 2.8 crit(with t5 crit barrel) and my devils advocate so your always getting very good damage

Omega Maximus
12-24-2016, 11:51 PM
Since pictures are worth a thousand words and there seem to people who would like pics to be shown. I will demonstrate using pictures.

I called up an Abominable Warmaster so I could control the environment (i.e. no other people influencing damage being dealt).

I bought a plain no nano VOT Blaster from a vendor seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/7h0wozY.png

My loadout I used was simple and I removed DLC perks:

http://i.imgur.com/x86Ok9z.png

I shot the WM in the back using the no nano VOT Blaster and got 3905 DMG being dealt:

http://i.imgur.com/vThEj3k.png

I added a Fire Converter to the VOT Blaster (which should decrease the Card Damage from 7382 to (0.9 x 7382) to ~ 6643.8. Card shows 6644 so that checks out:

http://i.imgur.com/puOjqiC.png

Now if the Warmaster Blue Armor Crystal is health based then the damage done by fire converted Blaster should be 3905 x 0.9 x 1.5 = 5271.75.

So lets see what we got:

http://i.imgur.com/4IkUB0e.png

We got exactly 5272. Which checks out.

Thus proving without a doubt that the Warmaster Blue Crystal is indeed Health Based.

So take home point use Fire nano on crystal armor as well because it is health based.

Happy New Year! Defiance and All That.

very nicely done! And I do concur the blue crystal armor is indeed health based, so fire nano weapons are the best for use on both armor and after you strip it off use a high crit pistol with fire nano.