PDA

View Full Version : will upgrading shields gain armor plates?

YahootsMagoondi
05-29-2014, 08:06 AM
just like the title...apologies if answered elsewhere. i'm just afraid if the preset weapons like eec smg won't upgrade the set bonus, that shields won't gain the extra plate(s). appreciate any info.

Etaew
05-29-2014, 08:23 AM
When they are upgraded they should also upgrade the armor plates, if it does not that will be considered a bug.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
05-29-2014, 08:25 AM
orange extralifes!! I knew i shouldnt have sold or broken them down, i currently dont have any high cap shield at all except my purple extralifes!!

bigguy
05-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Im also interested in this. Im of the opinion that it wont upgrade the armor plates , I believe they only accounted for weapons gaining an extra roll and anything else wont work. Im also curious about the masteries , ive heard some people say that the mastery wont upgrade for instance a 1.04 damage mastery or 30% speed boost on an OJ.

YahootsMagoondi
05-29-2014, 08:42 AM
they confirmed that mastery and weapon bonuses, like the blur percent chance on eec smg, will not upgrade. so for example, your 1.04 dmg will stay and not bump to 1.05...that is more arkforge or live with it.

i hope you are correct etaew!

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 08:45 AM
they confirmed that mastery and weapon bonuses, like the blur percent chance on eec smg, will not upgrade. so for example, your 1.04 dmg will stay and not bump to 1.05...that is more arkforge or live with it.

i hope you are correct etaew!

But they also confirmed that once you make an epic into a legendary, if you reroll the mastery it would now be legendary mastery - such as 1.05. So it's not lost, just will cost you extra forge for the reroll. I'm sure in some cases rerolling won't be worth all that forge over and over again.

It stands to reason that we would also see 3 armor plates with it equipped, as that is part of the legendary shield normal setup.

Big Jack Shepard
05-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Will a Purple III DX become an Orange IV EX?

Can we upgrade to ARK?

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Will a Purple III DX become an Orange IV EX?

Can we upgrade to ARK?

Now THERE'S the big question!! I wonder...it should be doable at some ridiculous price but I'm betting not.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
05-29-2014, 09:08 AM
will base damage go up to orange status? Currently purples and blues have less damage then oranges but will it change with the rarity?

bigguy
05-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Bieber has a good question there , I would also like to know if the base damage will increase. I would also think that if you can increase the rarity of a shield then for example a purple 3dx would be an orange 3dx etc.

YahootsMagoondi
05-29-2014, 09:30 AM
i am guessing the shield naming will remain, but who knows. i know they are supposed to fix the capacity for the v shields since the iv has a possible dmg resistance (for purple it is iii with dmg resistance and iv should see cap increase). but it would make sense for a purple iii ex to become an orange iv ex. i doubt there will be an upgrade to ark, because that changes the shield bonus and if special weapon bonuses aren't upgrading i see no reason for there to be option for that on shields. again, i doubt we will know for sure until it drops.

as for weapon dmg, i would like to think the base stats will upgrade, but i fall back on what they have said about the mastery roll and wonder what will really happen. all i know for sure is we're going to have a lot of weird new hybrid ojs out there!