PDA

View Full Version : List of broken mods?

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Another thread made me realize Defiance has had more than it's share of mods that don't do what they say they are supposed to - in fact sometimes they do the exact opposite.

My question is, do we have an updated list anywhere of which mods have glitches, or just don't work? If not, please comment to this thread with any known issues and then maybe a list can start to compile itself.

For instance - I believe the Splash Muzzle (Minimum Damage) does nothing to change stats but I'm not sure if that's because the mod is broken or if it's a typo.

xxxxmingoxxxx
05-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Ihave a clan thats been awhere of this for awhile now were not sure what doing it . how to know if it will is easy pick gun to mod pick attach mod before you do anything else scoll down with right toggel look at damage numbers if there red putting ANY mod on will lower damage of gun as much as 900 on sniper and 600 on lmgand ars even upgrading mods will do it not all guns but alot . it pays to look at gun damage before matrix so you know. you can take mods off gun goes back up in damage . weve passed around gun and mod some player could mod with no neg effect but most players it would lower damage . it happens withall guns the support desk said they were aware of it no work around.the more i asked clan to check the more it became clear this happing alot . when putting mods on unless you scoll down to look you dont notice . I hope this helps . really lookbefore you hit start

K Ron Spliffs
05-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Another thread made me realize Defiance has had more than it's share of mods that don't do what they say they are supposed to - in fact sometimes they do the exact opposite.

My question is, do we have an updated list anywhere of which mods have glitches, or just don't work? If not, please comment to this thread with any known issues and then maybe a list can start to compile itself.

For instance - I believe the Splash Muzzle (Minimum Damage) does nothing to change stats but I'm not sure if that's because the mod is broken or if it's a typo.

Pretty sure there is a BMG mod that doesn't work also. Think it is a DMG/sec mod, tried putting one on a 1 DMG sec tele spanner, and it went up to 3 DMG sec... made it worse then no mod, and it was a T4. lol...

Not sure about the MIN damage mods, but I know a lot of people don't believe in the full damage radius. Only because there is no change to the stats. Kinda like there are 2 circles, blast radius(range) and full damage radius(fall off).

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 01:07 PM
BUMP.
Mods are hard to get and then they don't work? This is important stuff and a lot of them have not worked since day 1. I just don't want the dev's to forget all about it with the overhyped impending F2P doom and all.

Big Jack Shepard
05-29-2014, 01:17 PM
The reload mods on bmgs don't seem to work.

ConcreteSnake
05-29-2014, 01:21 PM
BMG fusion conductor was x1.15 dmg charge or something which made you burn up the mag faster, but I just check one and its been fixed to be x0.85 dmg charge. Minimum dmg barrels only affect the min dmg number which some weapons don't display...also they fixed some cluster type weapons dmg card like the ground pounders and swarm cannons. They didn't change numbers with mods and dmg bonuses but a recent patch has fixed this even tho it wasn't noted in patch notes

ConcreteSnake
05-29-2014, 01:24 PM
The reload mods on bmgs don't seem to work.

the reload time is always 0.5 for the animation but the mods and/or quartermaster speeds up how fast the clip/percentage reloads so they do work, just doesn't change the card number because that's for animation. Bmgs are one of the only gun types that can melee without interrupting the reload process

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 01:25 PM
I want to say something is wrong with the Tachyon Laced Extender - sniper barrel? It might be fixed, not sure.

dramaQkarri
05-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Here's a list of all available mods, if you're like me and need a memory jog...

http://www.defiancedata.com/mods.php