PDA

View Full Version : The Warmaster...

Jug
05-30-2014, 12:04 AM
I've just been wondering if ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE has been able to defeat the flipping warmaster since these stupid change's.

Market
05-30-2014, 12:10 AM
Yes, twice... out of approximately 30 attempts on PC-NA. The difficulty doesn't lie in the encounter as much as it does with the people involved not working as a team. I see tons of Volge weapons, Infectors, BMG's, Shotguns, Detonators, and Rocket Launchers in there, none of which are anywhere near effective for getting a win. Then there are people who deliberately break locks with a handful of people in the room, as well as those who crawl around waiting for a revive. I've nearly given up on this fight, it's just too frustrating for my tastes.

duction
05-30-2014, 12:15 AM
You guys need more communication and team work if you ain't beating him lol

Market
05-30-2014, 12:30 AM
You guys need more communication and team work if you ain't beating him lol

Indeed. There are a number of people who talk about the right tactics, gear, agree on a target, etc... but it doesn't seem to help much. Too many people ignore it and just do what they want rather than accepting the fact that a win requires certain gear and serious teamwork.

There are so many factors in play with the Warmaster, and none of them have to do with the Warmaster itself. The PC also has the free trial, so bear that in mind when looking forward to the consoles going F2P in July. You have my deepest sympathies ahead of time.

cmpowell
05-30-2014, 01:22 AM
beaten the WM plenty just not as much as we used to before. still, it's very possible even with some idiots using bmgs and bug guns

Arran
05-30-2014, 01:38 AM
War master dies 80% of the time on Xbox eu. Communication is key in getting all your friends in in time. Even the nubs have started listening and not breaking locks until all the main clans have made it in. We're getting there slowly, until f2p comes that is ;p

Xaat Xuun
05-30-2014, 01:50 AM
I haven't been in a winning WM fight, since the changes . . a couple close ones , that's about it

PC-NA & EU

Logain
05-30-2014, 04:15 AM
There seems to be a lot of newer players on PC NA lately. I just created a thread (http://www.bit.ly/SimpleWM) yesterday about a short and sweet Warmaster guide to provide a resource for players (new and old) to quickly reference. Hopefully it as well as communication during the instance will lead to more kills.

Whippy
05-30-2014, 04:19 AM
Xbox EU has killed many WM since the changes... Don't know what you are having a problem with :/

Ashlocke
05-30-2014, 04:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQQKQupK_w

Why did I put this video here?
Because it pretty much explains the Warmaster encounter.

You need the right random grouping of people to take him down. Your general run of the mill group of average folks aren't going to be able to do it.

Just like in the video, it just happened to be two professional fighters who happened to be at the right place at the right time that took down the gunman, if it was your average group of people they would have ended up on the news as several dead with more in serious condition at the hospital.

The problem isn't communication, or lack of zeal to defeat the Warmaster, it's simple numbers. Random numbers to be more to the point. The current incarnation of the Warmaster can be beaten, just like an armed robber can be taken down... Just not by average folks.

The bar is simply set too high.

drackiller
05-30-2014, 04:42 AM
We have defeated the big monkey in the last days but, it`s 1 in (insert number)...tries.

The problem is that the big hiters don`t want to waste anymore time with this. To my amaze, people are waiting for more players but they keep on going with the wrong loadouts, and there isn`t enough big hiters to care that much anymore.
I feel frustrated everytime i go to a WM chamber.

To us it`s even worst (PS3EU) , because we have people playing from several different nations, and many of them just don`t know how to speak english. Some of us try everything, sometimes it works, most of the times ...not.

Jug
05-31-2014, 12:55 AM
Thank you people for your response's and I've noticed that people in EU server's seem to have far better luck than those in NA server's (which are the server's I'm in). It seems like North America has a lot more a-hole's and idiot's and I'm not applying to everyone but the majority.

Burned In Effigy
05-31-2014, 02:06 AM
I was on a 20 or so monkey killing spree usually with the same people. Now its 3 xs in a row FAIL. Too many worms waiting to be rezzed. The usual issue like wrong loadout general ignorance and low/HGH ego bickering.

Festival
05-31-2014, 09:18 AM
Had a few wins...but not so often as before Defiance: NGE. Came oh-so-close just this morning (a bare sliver of health left)...two BMG-using idiots away from a win.

Maida
05-31-2014, 01:44 PM
I've had pretty regular success. I just hit 3k and I'm by no means a superstar, so it can be done. Most recently its when we get well over 40 people, which means probably only 24 are really doing anything the rest are using volge weapons and bmgs or just crawling around on the floor.

Anymore I only go in if invited by members of my clan since if one of us goes in we usually all go in and I know we will have a decent chance to kill the monkey.

On PS3 NA as Ziri

Mudturtle Jones
05-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Had a few wins...but not so often as before Defiance: NGE. Came oh-so-close just this morning (a bare sliver of health left)...two BMG-using idiots away from a win.

New measurement standard for Warmaster losses: BWI = BMG weilding idiot.