PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Quest Item's Rarity?

Deikon
05-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Sorry in advance (didn't find anything with forum search). Anyone know if we will be able to increase weapon rarity with the F2P update in June for our quest reward items, such as Diablo, Noland's AR, Gladiator, Nim's pistol, etc? Would be great if we could, I have been saving arkforge from lock boxes just in case.

Combo Breaker
05-30-2014, 06:31 AM
Everyone, including myself, has assumed that you could, but I haven't heard officially that we can. This is a good, needs clarification question.

PseudoCool
05-30-2014, 06:35 AM
I have to agree.. I've got 2 of the XAR (Nolans guns) with really good mastery bonuses that I'd like to make OJ's.

Etaew
05-30-2014, 06:38 AM
Yes, from all impressions I got (maybe even full answers but I don't have the transcript link for it atm), you can upgrade rarity of unique items from quests and extra life vendor etc.

N3gativeCr33p
05-30-2014, 06:56 AM
Yes, from all impressions I got (maybe even full answers but I don't have the transcript link for it atm), you can upgrade rarity of unique items from quests and extra life vendor etc.

This.

/10char

Overtkill21
05-30-2014, 08:32 AM
I believe this is the answer to this:

"7. How will unique weapons perform when upgraded by rarity, what bonus roll will they pull from?

When unique weapons are upgraded in rarity, they will pull from a list of bonus rolls identical to the base forms on those weapons."

This was an answer from TD via the CMs on the May 30 question thread.

Basically it means that an XAR would draw from the same Orange Roll Pool as a VBI AR, a Diablo would draw from the same Orange Roll Pool as a Tachmag Pulser, etc.

Now for the oranges with set, or static rolls, such as Warmaster Oranges and some other weapons, will ONLY be able to draw from the set rolls that exist - so a Purple Zagger when upgraded will ALWAYS get the 0.70 Reload orange roll - this was also confirmed.

Etaew
05-30-2014, 08:34 AM
I believe this is the answer to this:

Good job, now to work on making those questions searchable, I have ideas!

Overtkill21
05-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Good job, now to work on making those questions searchable, I have ideas!

It's all in the terminology sir, "unique weapon" aka "quest weapon" aka "named weapon" aka "that purple AR I got from that one Mission" - it would be fantastic if there were some sort of official lexicon that was widely accepted.

Combo Breaker
05-30-2014, 08:39 AM
It's all in the terminology sir, "unique weapon" aka "quest weapon" aka "named weapon" aka "that purple AR I got from that one Mission" - it would be fantastic if there were some sort of official lexicon that was widely accepted.

"My Stuff"

Solved.

Etaew
05-30-2014, 09:04 AM

That's what I've been trying to promote on DD, by using terms such as Conflict Sites, Challenges etc. I just never did implement "pre-rolled weapons" very well and it's something I need to address. The first step is to get the internal name for it, /wave Kiwi / Phantasie

N3gativeCr33p
05-30-2014, 11:23 AM

Iconic weaponry?

Etaew
05-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Iconic weaponry?

I think the term before the announcement for upgrades was "trash" or some other *'ed word.

Deikon
05-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks all for the answer(s). Its much appreciated!:cool: