PDA

View Full Version : Living in Europe, gaming in USA

Nuesha
07-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Will it be possible to join a server in USA while living in Europe? As in Rift Game.

Kalbuir
07-29-2012, 06:30 AM
I think it's too early to tell BUT a strong indication here is how TRION did it in the past. In RIFT you can play on USA and EU servers freely which a lot of the players use regularly to meet up with old friends etc. What also helps is that TRION usually publishes their games themselves meaning that they don't have to rely on a publisher in EU and a separate one in the USA which as a result usually causes the server split.

Siantlark
07-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Another issue with this is that from what I can tell they want Defiance to be more FPS in mechanics than RPG. Playing on US servers from Europe will give you some lag issues which might inhibit your shooting skills and enjoyment.

Kalbuir
07-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Another issue with this is that from what I can tell they want Defiance to be more FPS in mechanics than RPG. Playing on US servers from Europe will give you some lag issues which might inhibit your shooting skills and enjoyment.

while true, that issue is also there for raiding in certain RPG MMO's where movement is key. Still think the point should be that the choose should be at the players side not at the companies side.

Jenbuu
07-29-2012, 04:25 PM
as a EU player who usually plays on US servers, The way netcode is written now a days the lag is minimal, and when you do get it you get used to the way your slight lag works

ive been playing on east coast servers and getting a 110 ping where getting on eu server are great if there in the uk at 20-40 but still if they are in western or central Europe they can be just as high as us servers

all depends on how good the servers are and how well the programs are made. If rift was anything to go by we should be fine.

Aaronjin
07-31-2012, 12:55 PM
i tried that foriegn server in rift once, transferred over and everyone talked in spanish or something, which was kinda cool but i got bored not knowing what everyone was saying and moved back to another server in teh US, it was "OK"

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 02:21 PM
a valid concern. a suspect that trion will remain consistent with what they have done in the past. of course, trion is great about getting features in if the demand is there :)