PDA

View Full Version : What Guns Do You Just NOT Use? Why?

Overtkill21
05-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi Arkhunters!

So I've been using a Sludge, A LOT lately. It has become my favorite go-to secondary weapon. It got me thinking about the fact that I never used to use it and there are other weapons that I never use for various reasons.

I wanted to reach out and see what the community is not using and why - I think this would be valuable information for the devs too!

So I currently avoid like the plague:

All Infectors other than the Canker or Invader (and their variants)

Spanner Protector - this still doesn't work as far as I know - broken weapon is an easy inclusion.

Blast Fragger - Recoil rolls on a single shot weapon. **Sigh** Like shouting at a wall sometimes.

FRC Magnum - Does anyone use this slow firing weak thing?

VOT Blast Rifle - I have never liked these, still don't...maybe you have to PvP to like them?

Every Single Guided Rocket Launcher - what a bunch of poop these launchers are. Rocket launchers get useful finally and still these things are just awful.

Charge Weapons - when they added these I thought they were awful, they've tweaked them and I still think they are just bottom of the barrel weapons. I was never a Surge Bolter user but I saw them being effective, however I avoid this weapon category - sloth-like fire rate for a relatively small damage reward.

So those are just some I came up with off the top of my head... I know there are others that I avoid...how about you?

konstantinov
05-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Hi Arkhunters!

So I've been using a Sludge, A LOT lately. It has become my favorite go-to secondary weapon. It got me thinking about the fact that I never used to use it and there are other weapons that I never use for various reasons.

I wanted to reach out and see what the community is not using and why - I think this would be valuable information for the devs too!

So I currently avoid like the plague:

All Infectors other than the Canker or Invader (and their variants)

Spanner Protector - this still doesn't work as far as I know - broken weapon is an easy inclusion.

Blast Fragger - Recoil rolls on a single shot weapon. **Sigh** Like shouting at a wall sometimes.

FRC Magnum - Does anyone use this slow firing weak thing?

VOT Blast Rifle - I have never liked these, still don't...maybe you have to PvP to like them?

Every Single Guided Rocket Launcher - what a bunch of poop these launchers are. Rocket launchers get useful finally and still these things are just awful.

Charge Weapons - when they added these I thought they were awful, they've tweaked them and I still think they are just bottom of the barrel weapons. I was never a Surge Bolter user but I saw them being effective, however I avoid this weapon category - sloth-like fire rate for a relatively small damage reward.

So those are just some I came up with off the top of my head... I know there are others that I avoid...how about you?

I agree with you with most of these.

Blast rifles use to be ridiculous in pvp preDLC 1. Surge bolters are ok, I have a bio one that I occasionally use.

Mudturtle Jones
05-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Since I maxed out all my weapon skills, I don't use any shotguns, infectors, or BMG's. Mostly I use a VOT pulser with fire nano and a Votan auto-bolter, both with Scavenger synergy. When the threat level gets high, I switch to an Thunder with Bio and a SMG with electricity. Lately, I've been working on the 5000 kills with pistols so I've been alternating between a Votan Mag Blaster (Scavenger) and the Gunslinger blaster with syphon. Can't remember the designation. Sometimes I switch to detonators or RLs just to blow stuff up.

Nefarious
05-30-2014, 01:11 PM
I agree with the Magnum being utterly worthless. Even if you land one with great rolls it still doesn't compare to other guns with average rolls. Its not fun to use either.

Yeah Infectors is a weird class. To many variants that don't stand out enough between each other. It really does come down to two. Im all for variety but imo some Infectors should just get cut from the game. To weird to balance.

Blast Fragger is lost in a world were the Zagger exist along with every other sawed off shot gun not named Courier.

I don't see a problem with Spanner Protectors. Although I haven't used them in all situations. From what I used it did seem to protect me quite a bit... been waiting to get a real good one.

Blast Rifle is one of those guns that's not good as is. Getting one with good rolls and is a Cannoneer is pretty cool. I want one with a monster mag size and fire nano. Closest thing to a flame thrower Ark Hunters would get.

Charge Weapons are good for the most part. Surge Bolter needs no explanation why. Lighting Rifle got a huge boost. Partical UltiMag always procs on a charge shot (shock nano for the win with this thing.). Surge Nano Shotgun always procs on a charge shot also. (A Bio nano version of this would be a stand out for PvP..but ya know why bother when you can use a Zagger or Big Boomer). The rest of the Charge guns are decent imo and nothing special, just good at what they do.

Rockets in the game can be beast with the right perks.

N3gativeCr33p
05-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Pretty much any sawed off shotgun... no idea why, but last that I can remember my sawed off skill was still stuck at 1.

Lucent
05-30-2014, 01:12 PM
I like your list.. I would add Birdshot Pump because I hate that gun.
And all sawed-offs except for Zagger and double-Courier-with-Preparedness.

Overtkill21
05-30-2014, 01:15 PM
I like your list.. I would add Birdshot Pump because I hate that gun.
And all sawed-offs except for Zagger and double-Courier-with-Preparedness.

Definitely deserves to be on there - stupid Birdshot - y'know for all those birds we shoot.

Odessa
05-30-2014, 01:17 PM
I believe we are on the same page as far as weapons.

1. Same about infectors. Cankers/Invader (WM version also) are the only two I'll use here and there.
2. Sawed Off: ONLY use Zagger, Grind Fragger. I leveled up on the Currier but haven't touched it since.
3. LMGs. I can't stand them. My personal comfort level needs something with less reload and kick.
4. ANYTHING burst fire. I want a full automatic whenever I can get it.
5. Bolt Action in general. Occasionally will try a Volge variant... but not for long.
6. Semi Auto: Splitshot only.
7. Pistols: I only use a select few. Ultimag, Wolfhound, Wildcat. Insta-sell everything else. (Kept some Volge but never use)
8: Never touched a Spanner Protector and doubt I ever will. It's a trolling weapon in my book.

Overtkill21
05-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Hey Trion! Why not make a Poll for us on here and take some of the complete garbage weapons out of the game?

It would help us all out - you have one less item populating the server and we have one less item in the loot table to clutter our chances at a good drop.

If you remove them just give anyone who has them in their inventory some amount of Arkforge and we'll call it even-steven.

Iceberg
05-30-2014, 01:25 PM
So I will just give you the list of guns I do use since that will be a shorter list.

Pistols: Wolfhound for crit spots and tagging hellions/proginators/matriarch for the over charged kill shot.

SMGS: VOT Techmag pulsar: Destroys most things in my path, usually having a fire nano.

LMGs: Thunders: For everything else, equipped with bio or electric nanos for armor plates and shield breaking.

Anything else and everything else not list is stuff I don't use cause I either don't like how it fires or the damage is horrible.

Zhedda
05-30-2014, 01:29 PM
I tend to avoid the following weapons unless I am working on my weapon skills: BMGs, bolt-action sniper rifles, detonators, infectors, light machine guns, pistols, pump shotguns, rocket launchers, and sawed-off shotguns. If I had to pick the one thing I avoid the most, it is non-combat shotguns.

Favorite two weapons ATM are Carbine SMG and a Lightning Rifle. I like semi-auto, burst, and charged weapons. Not a fan of full-auto, though I have a few pulsar SMGs for fights that warrant it.

PseudoCool
05-30-2014, 01:39 PM
I guess I'm a lot more open minded than some people.. but.. here's my list of NOT used weapons:

Bird shot pump - your kidding me right? Let's shoot ROCK SALT at scrappers and see how it goes.. blech

ANY of the "Guided" Rocket Launchers - can't stand em, lock on is atrocious, aim is off, and damage just doesn't add up to reload and lack of any accuracy.

PAS-12 - that goofy pistol that "spins up".. god.. can't stand it.

That's pretty much it though. I've found that the others are good weapons when used in the right situations. Ground pounders and various other AOE type weapons with blooming explosions are nice if you set up the perks for them, and work GREAT at Kenn Farm for the siege type events, I even enjoy the volge lightening rifle. Sure, it's a slow moving round, but with an assassin synergy it's devastating on everything EXCEPT volge. For some reason they really draw up aggro against em, like all the other volge weapons do.

It's really just situational for me.

Nefarious
05-30-2014, 01:39 PM
The game doesn't have a lot of garbage weapons or over powered ones.

Some guns that seem like garbage are not really garbage. They are just at one end of the scale.

Like the Blast Rifle in the AR class works as it does for the necessity of balance. The ARs go from strong and slow firing to fast and weak. The Blast Rifle is just at one end of the scale. Its balanced because its good at what its supposed to do.

Then we have a gun like the Magnum that's slow and weak. It fits no where on the scale for its weapon class. Its off the table and on the floor. Its crap.

Then we have a gun like the Zagger. It doesn't fit on the scale for its weapon class because its crap...it doesn't fit because its over powered. Its off the table and giving its own special shelf above all the others making them worthless in comparison.

The guns make up Defiance. There is no RPG elements. Players use guns interact with the world. Trion should make it more a priority to balance them.

spweasel
05-30-2014, 01:53 PM
I actually like Spanner Protectors, since they have pretty low charge costs with decent rolls. That makes them solid for racking up points in a Siege or doomed WM run.

For me, the big losers are Sniper Rifles. I think it's that ammo limit combined with being mostly useless from the hip that ruins them for me. Outside of a few select weapons with decent rolls, most are just vendor trash for me.

dramaQkarri
05-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Right now I'm annoying myself by finishing my weapon levels on 3 things I hate using: Bolt Action Snipers@17, Infectors@19, Rocket Launchers@19.

Other than that I can't stand charge weapons and things with burst fire.

Mostly I run my SMG variety of nano's with either BMG, Semi-Auto Sniper, or Detonator depending on the situation.

People keep mentioning the spanner protector - whether it's broken or not I don't know but I LOVE my similar-but-better Shield Spanner. 21 link range, fun on standard co-ops as I kill everything before you even got your gun aimed. And I hit that barrel next to you too. AND I get to make all my friends start yelling when I put it on healing, LOL.

Seizan
05-30-2014, 01:59 PM
FRC Birshot Pump. Because I haven't found a worthy bird opponent in the game yet. Get Big Bird in the game, and I will bring out the Birdshot.

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
05-30-2014, 02:02 PM
the problem with a suggestion like removing unused weapons is that we are dealing with trion. if you were to say the birdshot should be removed because you only use a grind fragger, the birdshot would stay, and the grind fragger will be nerfed with less damage or longer reload time to bring it "more in line with" the birdshot pump.

more in line with...

i wish i had a dollar for every time ive read that in the patch notes.

Odessa
05-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Birdshot pumps. *eye twitches* I still remember the time I pulled THREE of them. I couldn't give them away.

As for BMGs, I stick to the Stingray for maximum linkage when I want to damage multiple enemies at once. When running through regular maps in a group we will all speedrun with them. Spanner Trappers are great for slowing down enemies without the added pooshoe effect.

Overtkill21
05-30-2014, 02:27 PM
On April 2nd of last year, within 10 minutes of unwrapping the game and popping it in I got an Orange Birdshot Pump, Electric Nano, Machinist Synergy.

I didn't even know what the color meant but when I equipped it I got a Gold trophy.

That was the only time I have ever found a Birdshot pump useful.

drackiller
05-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Right now I'm annoying myself by finishing my weapon levels on 3 things I hate using: Bolt Action Snipers@17, Infectors@19, Rocket Launchers@19.

Other than that I can't stand charge weapons and things with burst fire.

Mostly I run my SMG variety of nano's with either BMG, Semi-Auto Sniper, or Detonator depending on the situation.

People keep mentioning the spanner protector - whether it's broken or not I don't know but I LOVE my similar-but-better Shield Spanner. 21 link range, fun on standard co-ops as I kill everything before you even got your gun aimed. And I hit that barrel next to you too. AND I get to make all my friends start yelling when I put it on healing, LOL.

Drama, Bolt-Action is easy now, go to Thorn Liro arenas and use a Vot Lightning Rifle. Because the charge is explosive you can kill lots of foes at a time. I did most of the kills in the first arena, the one that spawns lots of hellbugs and the other arena with lots of scrappers. It`s easy peasy :)
You can do 250 kills per arena more or less.

Jack Horrigan
05-31-2014, 05:32 AM
What's wrong with you guys?!? The Birdshot pump is my second favorite gun!! I do agree wholeheartedly about the sludge, keep it in my off hand all the time now.
Now that I'm maxed skill I don't use any snipers except my votan bolter with multiple accuracy rolls so I can hip fire it. I find guided rockets to be subpar. Although I have a shotgun fetish I don't like any sawed offs except the courier. I don't use any infectors.
I would be VERY opposed to removing any guns from the game. None are so weak as to be useless. All have fun, unique styles.

drackiller
05-31-2014, 06:02 AM
I would be VERY opposed to removing any guns from the game. None are so weak as to be useless. All have fun, unique styles.

Totally agree with you. Itīs user choice after all, if one don`t like it, donīt use it.

DSW
05-31-2014, 07:18 AM

have you seen anyone using particle ultimags, Haars and all charge shotties? because i don't.

cary2010haha
05-31-2014, 09:21 AM
infector is super weak..................in PVP and PVE(score & damage)

Stewart2410
05-31-2014, 10:16 AM
Drama, Bolt-Action is easy now, go to Thorn Liro arenas and use a Vot Lightning Rifle. Because the charge is explosive you can kill lots of foes at a time. I did most of the kills in the first arena, the one that spawns lots of hellbugs and the other arena with lots of scrappers. It`s easy peasy :)
You can do 250 kills per arena more or less.

Great idea. Thanks for that info.

Overtkill21
05-31-2014, 10:30 AM
Great idea. Thanks for that info.

That's what I did as well - best place to get the kills. Round 3 and Round 5 of Yuke Liro Arena have TONS of hellbugs and you can also hip shoot them with the VOT Volge Lightning Rifle fairly easily. I let them bunch up around corners and then blasted the floor. I was done with 5000 kills in no time flat.

(Pistols? Use VOT Blaster and the same spot! Way fast too!)

Nefarious
05-31-2014, 10:43 AM
infector is super weak..................in PVP and PVE(score & damage)

I don't believe they are super weak. For sure it comes down to the Canker and the Invader and the rest are 3rd rate in comparison. But they are auto hit weapons. Have to keep that in mind. So the idea of sacrificing things on Infectors since they have auto hit cabilities only makes sense. You can strafe and hop around and still hit targets. Equipping an Infector gains the benefit of using a weapon that grants more mobility. Cant be super strong and auto hit.

And Infectors are not weak in PvP. Its been proven they're not. Its just that PvP has sifted through the choices players use. Infectors are still good, but it comes down to why use an Infector anymore when you can use a Zagger that grants perm cloak and Big Boomer combination.

Stewart2410
05-31-2014, 10:47 AM
That's what I did as well - best place to get the kills. Round 3 and Round 5 of Yuke Liro Arena have TONS of hellbugs and you can also hip shoot them with the VOT Volge Lightning Rifle fairly easily. I let them bunch up around corners and then blasted the floor. I was done with 5000 kills in no time flat.

(Pistols? Use VOT Blaster and the same spot! Way fast too!)

Wish it were that easy to get 5000 bolt action when I completed it last year on Xbox. That pursuit took forever.

Odessa
06-02-2014, 10:49 AM
What's wrong with you guys?!? The Birdshot pump is my second favorite gun!! I do agree wholeheartedly about the sludge, keep it in my off hand all the time now.
Now that I'm maxed skill I don't use any snipers except my votan bolter with multiple accuracy rolls so I can hip fire it. I find guided rockets to be subpar. Although I have a shotgun fetish I don't like any sawed offs except the courier. I don't use any infectors.

Ironically it was suggested that I use the birdshot to level up my weapon skill on my lower character. I tried and it's still painfully slow on the relod. I can see the damage numbers being decent, but the slowness of the reload always kills it for me. I switched back to the Grind Fragger for now.

have you seen anyone using particle ultimags, Haars and all charge shotties? because i don't.

I always use the Ultimag with radiation in the Warmaster to prock. It's a great weapon for those types of instances. Also as a secondary on the Monolith. Charged up it does a ridiculous amount of damage when hitting a critical spot.

DSW
06-02-2014, 11:38 AM
I always use the Ultimag with radiation in the Warmaster to prock. It's a great weapon for those types of instances. Also as a secondary on the Monolith. Charged up it does a ridiculous amount of damage when hitting a critical spot.

finallly! someone who actually uses it! no kidding, haven't seen anyone using it on PC-EU. how much damage it will do to WM/monolith neck when charged at your ego?

Odessa
06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
finallly! someone who actually uses it! no kidding, haven't seen anyone using it on PC-EU. how much damage it will do to WM/monolith neck when charged at your ego?

I am going to check tonight when I get home... but it's ridiculous. It also helps everyone using other Nanos to get more damage. We broke both armor plates on the arm this morning at the 5 minute mark. I want to say I saw at least three people using it. Here's a video of someone using it to prock, then switching to another nano.

EGO: 5511
Armor Plate damage: 42,423 (:20 mark)
Armor Plate with Overcharge Damage: Critical 315,515 (:44 mark), non critical 84,842 (:46 mark)
Armor off damage: 313,310 (1:21 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRK0myhNSrs

DSW
06-02-2014, 01:13 PM
I am going to check tonight when I get home... but it's ridiculous. It also helps everyone using other Nanos to get more damage. We broke both armor plates on the arm this morning at the 5 minute mark. I want to say I saw at least three people using it. Here's a video of someone using it to prock, then switching to another nano.

EGO: 5511
Armor Plate damage: 42,423 (:20 mark)
Armor Plate with Overcharge Damage: Critical 315,515 (:44 mark), non critical 84,842 (:46 mark)
Armor off damage: 313,310 (1:21 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRK0myhNSrs
seems to be on par with mediocre Wolfies and SMGs, though consuming way less ammo this way.

Odessa
06-02-2014, 01:24 PM
seems to be on par with mediocre Wolfies and SMGs, though consuming way less ammo this way.

The reason so many people seem to use this in the WM is the high chance to prock. It's definitely more damage with less bullets, which is why I will use this to prock when he's moving and twice for good measure when he's hanging... then switch. It's great for when you are trying to level up. I would take my second character to the outside of Arkbreaks and use it as well as a Bio SMG. take out the armor, weaken and move on. :)

The_Brutix
06-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I am currently using all the weapons to basically, help level up faster. This said, when my toon can't level that weapon type any more, I will be sticking with a pistol and smg or assault rifle of some sort.

TAG
06-02-2014, 03:40 PM
makes me sad wm doesn't go by dmg anymore.
It was fun seeing what would have the most consistent dps.

Here are a few I don't use, sorry if they're already listed.
interceptor
vbi tacc auto shotgun
mazu blast rifle

Atticus Batman
06-02-2014, 03:53 PM

I use the haar. BEfore DLC 5 I had one that would OHK in duels. I was around ego 3200 he was ego 4k and have a high cap shield, think it was like 1800 cap. Remember that was high before Tls. I shot him with a full charge and he died, took out shields and health. I would like to try one now, but haven't been able to get a decent one higher than ego 4k for awhile. My old one had damage and accuraccy rolls, so all the small particles from a full charge hit dead on. I still have it but it is in the ego 3k range and syphon.

Ashlocke
06-02-2014, 06:40 PM
I think there is something to be said about the game when more than half (closer to 80%) of the available weapons are garbage when compared to the few decent ones. I mean they aren't even in the same ball park. Even entire classes of weapons are ones I never use, like BMGs and Infectors.

Either they need to cull the weapon's list massively if they can't fix the garbage or do something to make all of the garbage weapons... less garbagey (Yes, I made that word up).

As for me, I avoid anything that I consider garbage, that means pistols that have poor stats but have a knock back effect to compensate for the poor stats but the foes that I actually really want to be able to knock back are immune to knock back... what's the point of that?

How about a weapon that can completely defy logic, reason, and spreadsheet MATH in it's ability to be garbage. Take the surge pistol, it has a long charge up, and then it shoots out a bunch of bullets, but, if you're near the end of the clip and don't have enough bullets for a complete shot, guess what, the charge up doesn't care, it will still take just as long to charge up and you end up firing off ONE BULLET !!!

How about you code in a smart charge up tech, so that the charge up time is per bullet rather than a set duration. If I only have 3 bullets left then it should charge up really fast.

But really, I could just make a list of garbage weapons like all of the posts above me, but they've pretty much been covered, so instead I will just leave you with this rant:

Devs, fix the garbage weapons.

drackiller
06-03-2014, 01:36 AM
They can take all the guns away, except my Vot Pulser :)

I love that gun. ;)

cary2010haha
06-03-2014, 01:47 AM
I don't believe they are super weak. For sure it comes down to the Canker and the Invader and the rest are 3rd rate in comparison. But they are auto hit weapons. Have to keep that in mind. So the idea of sacrificing things on Infectors since they have auto hit cabilities only makes sense. You can strafe and hop around and still hit targets. Equipping an Infector gains the benefit of using a weapon that grants more mobility. Cant be super strong and auto hit.

And Infectors are not weak in PvP. Its been proven they're not. Its just that PvP has sifted through the choices players use. Infectors are still good, but it comes down to why use an Infector anymore when you can use a Zagger that grants perm cloak and Big Boomer combination.

they are super weak, everyone use slugger or big boomer now, those dots are too slow and slugger can just do a one hit kill and roll off those dot before they do enough damage.

and slugger's adj headshot aim just do better than infectors auto aim.

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
06-03-2014, 02:11 AM
FRC Particle Scattergun - It has a slow fire-rate, it is ridiculously weak and it takes too long to charge. IMO it is the single worst weapon on the game.

Kibblehouse
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Magnum pistol, Tried it a few times, hate it.

Rocker, Thunder LMG's I know some like'em I never have.

Blast rifles, nope.

Detonators with "command fuse" yeah its nice to load up a point and blow it when something spawns or wanders in, and yes they have better AOE, but I really prefer something with an impact fuse, or even a sticky with a delay. I dont want to worry about hand detonating.

Never even tried out a Birdshot.

Wander
06-03-2014, 10:36 AM
All LMG's ecxept the SAW and Thunder (just get rid of the rocker if you wont buff it Trion)

All SMG's ecxept the Vbi, tachmag and the pulser

All AR's except FRC AR and the VBI AR (Taccs are ok, but I dont touch em)

All pistols but the ultimag and the wolfhound (northstar for fun somtimes)

All infectors but the canker and proliferator

all dets except the big boomer and ground pounder

All rockets but the bonfire and sludge

I dont use about 80% of the game in all honesty

Thearl
06-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I have very few guns that I would call my 'FUBAR option.' You know, something that works in almost any desparate situation. My assassin bio northstar with mag and reload bonuses for instance. There are only a few guns that I would never use in any situation as well. I almost feel like Trion has done a fair job of making the vast majority of our weapons mediocre in the name of pvp balance. In a moderately populated TL10 situation, a Disruptor vs a rocker vs a Fragger vs a berserker vs a heavy carbine vs a pulser is all about equally nerfy. Your perks, rolls, synergy, and nano are more important than the actual weapon type at TL10. Below TL6, it almost doesn't matter what you use to reap raider skulls.

Anyhow, here's a short list of what gets autovendored/salvaged out of my inventory:

Every 'surge' shotgun.
Every 'surge' pistol except for the Haar
Magnums
Tele's unless the roll is +links
Incubators
all FRC sawed offs
all bolt actions missing +mag rolls
all 'burst' SMGs/ARs

SirServed
06-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Weapons I use:

Castithan Springer (Radiation)
"Headshot" Custom Bolter (Radiation)
Volge Breacher (Radiation)
VBI HP-6 Wolfhound (Radiation)
Area Suppressor
Chimera Fang

I have a 0 heal charge BMG on an alt somewhere but I just haven't had a need for it.

DSW
06-03-2014, 11:50 AM
I
all 'burst' SMGs/ARs

what's your ego and platform?

rebtattoo
06-03-2014, 12:19 PM
As with another, easier to post what I use daily...

Stalker rad triple dmg VBI AR
7.0 Crit Rad Wolf
Big Boomer
Elec. Springer
Rhino Regen Ark {until I find its Rebel kin}

Will NOT use a birdshot or a magnum. Am sick of all cold fire. Once I leveled BMG's I put it in the back of the gun closet.

Xaat Xuun
06-03-2014, 03:42 PM
the Charged weapons I don't use, they become Salvage. Ive tried them, and they're just not for me

I want to use the sawed-off , I think they're cool . . but the reload time makes them too slow of DPS. just using them to level up

only 2 pistiols I use, the wolfy and that Blaster one, too bad pistols don't carry more ammo when using the blaster . . the rest become salvage

only use Quick Repeater if I need a Auto sniper, I stopped caring the S-22, for Bolt action I had 3, for some reason even though the stats were less, the BAS-7 was best against the Viscera , but my preferred bolt action, was the Meteor Bolter, till I had picked up the Survivalist rifle from Mission reward, it's all I use now, and keep upgraded to current EGO (can't wait to upgrade it's rarity)

Only BMG I use is the Stingray, and only Infector I use is the Canker, but I do have the VBI-Invader in my inventory

I've had bad luck getting a Good AR, except for the EMC XAR-22, but I've out leveled it, and waiting on more AF to upgrade
I don't care for LMG's, but I get tons of them, only ones I have kept and use are the SAW's and Thunders, tho I did like the Volge Battle Rifle Gun MK IV & V I had, but they be gone now.

Only Rocket Launcher I like, and against the Hunkers was the FRC Interceptor , don't have it any more, I had out leveled it, and was handed down to my Alt, now I use the VOT Rebounder , never liked the guided ones

Detonators, I just carry and use 2, mainly used is the VOT Auto Lobber, but if I'm in Bunkers, it'll be the VOT Rebounder Lobber, I have not yet used or picked up all that I could possibly use, I'm not a fan of the manual Detonators, like the charged weapons, they're not for me

SMG - only like the Nomad and Pulsar, just using Pulsar now (if I use a SMG), Nomads were great in the early days, not so great later, I still have a passion for them

I liked all Combat/Pump Shot guns, except charged ones. I think I tried the Birdshot early in my playing, and was like .. WTF . . and anymore those become salvage.

basically, for me, it's any - Charged, manual detonate, Guided, extremely slow reload (not counting Sawed-off), and Infector's (tho I'm using one now, but just to level up) are weapons 'I just do not use'