PDA

View Full Version : Getting something off my chest.

KTD
05-30-2014, 12:55 PM
I am starting to wonder if it is time to let Defiance gather dust, actually got really ticked today. Which in hindsight I am going D'oh shouldn't of let that get to you. I am not getting mad at the game, I can deal with the Hulker problem at Kenn Farm, and any number of other problems that Trion needs to fix. My issue is with the other players. I was at a WM, and because a dude was of the opinion that most of us had crappy weapons so he busted every lock by himself because we were wasting his precious time. Why didn't he just leave the ark and leave us to fail by ourselves, or who knows succeed with our crappy weapons, and a lot of teamwork, also not using the wrong weapons, which people mentioned what not to use while we were outside of the ark fighting Raiders and Volge . After all people have succeeded doing it all wrong. So why couldn't us crap and our crappy weapons beat him? What my point in all this is people are ruining this by being jerks, and they don't seem to comprehend or care that there are other people, real people are interacting with and maybe instead of being a jerk, ya might want to treat others like you'd want to be treated, and not acting like a colossal whatever. Guess you forgot how to treat others when you logged on. I know it is the internet and I shouldn't be surprised but what is really the issue he was a jerk to other gamers who are a person just like him and didn't care. It is this blatant disregard, and disrespect that makes me angry. Should I just let it go, maybe but I am not built that way. When some acts like this and is unrepentant, I get angry. Online or off, we are still people and deserve to be treated with a lil bit of dignity, and regard. Makes me wonder if I will play the game again something I will have to think about. Trion I know it is hard but isn't there some way to keep players from ruining things for everyone else?

Egyptia
05-30-2014, 01:04 PM
My clanmate actually came up with this idea, and I thought it was fantastic. If you were to make it so that a person could only break one lock when inside a warmaster, then it would take four dummies to ruin a warmaster for the rest of us. Good idea? What do you think?

N3gativeCr33p
05-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Wow... that is one large wall o' text!

Shadow Andreas
05-30-2014, 01:07 PM
KTD.....I feel your pain....I think most of us do. If you look here on the forums you will see post after post about this and other issues where trolls are rampant.

In the end no one can make the decision for you......but I say stay......there are more "good" people than "bad" out there. Remember this is a game and for every troll that is out there....there are others that may one day soon need your help. Find a good bunch of people to run with....it makes the game better and you won't get "AS" frustrated when things happen like this, you'll just go find something else to do in the game. If you're in the open world and someone trolls what you are doing.....kite the enemy to them and force them to leave or fight.

Lock and load.......take no prisoners....and kill EVERYTHING!

Iceberg
05-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Wow... that is one large wall o' text!

TL;DR :P

It wasn't really that big of a wall, one could easily jump over that one.

jimpugh
05-30-2014, 01:28 PM
I am starting to wonder if it is time to let Defiance gather dust, actually got really ticked today. Which in hindsight I am going D'oh shouldn't of let that get to you. I am not getting mad at the game, I can deal with the Hulker problem at Kenn Farm, and any number of other problems that Trion needs to fix. My issue is with the other players. I was at a WM, and because a dude was of the opinion that most of us had crappy weapons so he busted every lock by himself because we were wasting his precious time. Why didn't he just leave the ark and leave us to fail by ourselves, or who knows succeed with our crappy weapons, and a lot of teamwork, also not using the wrong weapons, which people mentioned what not to use while we were outside of the ark fighting Raiders and Volge . After all people have succeeded doing it all wrong. So why couldn't us crap and our crappy weapons beat him? What my point in all this is people are ruining this by being jerks, and they don't seem to comprehend or care that there are other people, real people are interacting with and maybe instead of being a jerk, ya might want to treat others like you'd want to be treated, and not acting like a colossal whatever. Guess you forgot how to treat others when you logged on. I know it is the internet and I shouldn't be surprised but what is really the issue he was a jerk to other gamers who are a person just like him and didn't care. It is this blatant disregard, and disrespect that makes me angry. Should I just let it go, maybe but I am not built that way. When some acts like this and is unrepentant, I get angry. Online or off, we are still people and deserve to be treated with a lil bit of dignity, and regard. Makes me wonder if I will play the game again something I will have to think about. Trion I know it is hard but isn't there some way to keep players from ruining things for everyone else?

Hi

Hope your day gets better..... he was asked nicely at first "to please stop".....

Most of our clan left as he preceded to show his true colors...... we have better things to do than play with romper room children weather they're 3years old or 50 ........
again if they will not stop Leave let the war master mop the floor with them.....they will cower up stairs and hide.....more.... something for nothing... crowd.... at your expense... if you let Them.....
"Do Not do this to your self" Leave and try to get your friends to leave with you..

Dwell on the good people and the ones that always go out of there way to help .....

Hope you find a nice Easter egg at a dark matter monitor or monkey dance with the good folks....

Happy Trails
PanHeadJim

Odessa
05-30-2014, 01:34 PM
You are not alone in the growing frustration over the WM instances. It would seem that some people are hell-bent on ruining the fun for all. I keep hoping they'll see how many people are at their wits end and find a work around so that the event isn't ruined. There are so many threads both complaining about the same issue and even giving tips to avoid it. It's definitely an issue for many.

To PanHeadJim: I'm curious. Did anyone mention this player to an officer or leader? I would think this sort of bad rep is something most clans would frown upon enough to at least have a discussion with the player over.

KTD
05-30-2014, 01:36 PM
I said I would help the player who initially asked for help and I don't bail when I say I will help. Had she decided to leave, I would of left him to his own devices. She didn't, so I stuck around.

jimpugh
05-30-2014, 01:55 PM
A few of the big clan founders were witness to this incident.....

as well as big independent supply venders ........

every one was hot ......black ball.... shunning.....etc. who knows.... to early to say..... but his name and his associate's are on a list with others that do not forget ......Some clans never sleep in Defiance......

Peace and Love

PanHeadJim

DIS
05-30-2014, 02:08 PM
If only Trion would let us put in our signatures the people we blacklist and why. But, alas, we might hurt someone's feelings, so that is not allowed on the forums. Meanwhile all sorts of trash talk, grief, thievery, trolling and blatant bull****tery (that's my word, but ya'll can use it if you like) is allowed to take place IN GAME. I do not understand this at all.

Odessa
05-30-2014, 02:26 PM

every one was hot ......black ball.... shunning.....etc. who knows.... to early to say..... but his name and his associate's are on a list with others that do not forget ......Some clans never sleep in Defiance......

Peace and Love

PanHeadJim

It's good to know that they are looking into it. We are a group that needs to work together, this includes ensuring we are all on the same page. There's no room for a lone wolf type mentality in these types of events.

I agree, people don't forget. I still hear comments about players from when they first started breaking locks. Not just once or twice, mind you. It sticks and when people discuss who to add in a clan, sell an item to, etc... the history seems to follow.

Deunan
05-30-2014, 02:51 PM
...After all people have succeeded doing it all wrong. So why couldn't us crap and our crappy weapons beat him? What my point in all this is people are ruining this by being jerks, and they don't seem to comprehend or care that there are other people, real people are interacting with and maybe instead of being a jerk, ya might want to treat others like you'd want to be treated, and not acting like a colossal whatever....While I don't condone that player's actions, comprehending there are other people there works both ways. If you are using inappropriate weapons against the Warmaster (not you specifically but anyone who does) then you're just as much part of the problem as the lockbreakers. The only way the Warmaster is going to die when players do that is if there are either enough players using the correct loadouts and tactics to carry those kind of players or if the players wait long enough to build a zerg. Neither one of these actions are considerate to those players that have invested the time and effort to learn how to kill the Warmaster with a group of 24 or less.

It is not that hard to learn proper loadouts and tactics to kill the Warmaster. That excuse is the excuse of a lazy player. It is also not that hard to get good weapons to fight him. You get a Wolfhound from one of the first missions you do in the game and you can get an Epic Votan Pulser, Frontier SAW and EMC LMG from the Soleptor, Top Notch and Von Bach Industries Faction Vendors respectively in just two weeks of gameplay. You can get the EMC XAR-22 Assault Rifle even sooner from doing the first few Season One Episode missions and slap an incendiary or radiation converter on it. If players really want courtesy they need to reciprocate by using the right kind of gear and loadout and, until then, they too are being inconsiderate if they insist on being carried and pulling down the effort to kill the Warmaster.

DIS
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
It's a shame that there are so many lazy, stupid or just plain troll players that Trion is having to moron proof the Sieges and likely will end up having to put ****** blocking mechanisms into the War Master fight before everyone else can actually enjoy the game. It says a lot about the community.

KTD
05-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Be my luck I would be stuck in with four dummies. Yeah I think it is. Maybe tweak it where the more people there are the more people needed to break the locks.

Odessa
05-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Be my luck I would be stuck in with four dummies. Yeah I think it is. Maybe tweak it where the more people there are the more people needed to break the locks.

After deciding that the WM was my end game joy, I started doing more runs. As you do this you get a feel for who knows what they're doing, etc... I've even added people who do Monkey Runs so they could easily invite me. knowing who plays for the Kill is going to give you at least a starting point. Focusing on educating those you see is another part. It's not full proof. We lost one this morning after someone decided they waited long enough and started breaking locks. But I've had days where 8 out of 10 died, so it's a trade off. If I see a lot of lower level EGOs with the wrong loadouts, I'll exit the match. If I end up on my 23xx character I switch to leveling up a high powered weapon once we pass the mark for success.

DIS
05-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Oops.......

DIS
05-30-2014, 03:57 PM
What if they made it where each person could only do say 20% of the full damage to the lock. Then you would need at least 5 players per lock.

Or, we could make a list somewhere other than on these forums, of the people that are breaking the locks or doing anything else that hinders the fight. Also, when you find someone breaking locks early or whatever, inspect them, view their profile, view their friends and start listing all the people that are friends with them too. That way their friends will not want to be associated with them, as it is affecting their good names. Then they won't have friends, then they will stop being jerks.

Or maybe this is all going a little too far, and we can just learn to do our best and not befriend or invite people that do crap like break the locks and group up with other people that are good at killing the War Master instead of constantly complaining and begging Trion to "fix" something that we all know they won't fix because they don't want anyone (even jerks and morons) to feel left out or not included.

Or maybe I am just ranting because I have too much free time and like typing.

Mushbeeguy
05-30-2014, 04:03 PM
KTD, you are correct there will always be a percentage of people that are jerks. Maybe not always, but some days.

Given the number of people in a WM ( Seriously Trick, you didn't know what a war monkey was? ) the 'jerks' just stand out. There is one simple thing we ask and those individuals just have to kick in. Fortunatly other areas of the game they don't matter.
So keep at it. I'm afraid we will see the number of those people increase with F2P, the noobs syndrom with be the first wave of lock pickers and the second, longer, wave will be the jerks. :)

KTD
05-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Peace and Love

PanHeadJim

I myself did infact have a saw with radiation nano equipped. It is not a 5000+ plus saw, but I am not 5000+ ego either. Deunan I am certain there where people there who knew their business. It was a case of one guy ruining it for everyone.

Odessa
05-30-2014, 04:11 PM
What if they made it where each person could only do say 20% of the full damage to the lock. Then you would need at least 5 players per lock.

Or, we could make a list somewhere other than on these forums, of the people that are breaking the locks or doing anything else that hinders the fight. Also, when you find someone breaking locks early or whatever, inspect them, view their profile, view their friends and start listing all the people that are friends with them too. That way their friends will not want to be associated with them, as it is affecting their good names. Then they won't have friends, then they will stop being jerks.

Or maybe this is all going a little too far, and we can just learn to do our best and not befriend or invite people that do crap like break the locks and group up with other people that are good at killing the War Master instead of constantly complaining and begging Trion to "fix" something that we all know they won't fix because they don't want anyone (even jerks and morons) to feel left out or not included.

*snickers* And clicking Reply.

Seriously, though. I don't want it to come to that. Naming and shaming is never good. I remember some guy meleeing me while I was squatted down, saying to stop shooting the locks. I had to type, "Wrong person, big guy. Try looking for the person actually shooting".

Atticus Batman
05-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Perhaps make it so each lock costs an Arkspike to open. Atleast then we won't hear the excuse, "I placed all 4 spikeythingies ootsidez soooo I canz shootz lockz if I wantz."

Anotherwords it will take 4 to summon the Arkbreak, and once inside another (sorry drew a blank on number of locks lol) set to open the locks.

Atticus Batman
05-30-2014, 04:19 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/jonnierose/batmanspittake.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/jonnierose/media/batmanspittake.jpg.html)

Lol Dis That one got me! ALthough I do agree with the list, listing thier friends is going a little far. Just because some jerk like that may be on my friends list, doesn't mean I condone it. Maybe I have no clue he does that, or maybe I avoid Wms he is in, because of it.

But see my previous post for my suggestion.

tetiona
05-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Easy fix for warmaster locks. Make the locks like the portals inside of co-ops where people have to stand on it before it can be activated.

DIS
05-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Naming and shaming is no good (I disagree, but I digress), Trion won't do anything to limit which players can participate and no matter what anyone does, you will never get griefers to change their ways. So, in conclusion, this will not be resolved, we just have to deal with it. I can accept that. Can everyone else?

DIS
05-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Easy fix for warmaster locks. Make the locks like the portals inside of co-ops where people have to stand on it before it can be activated.

I kind of wish they would do this. I know for a fact that this particular "fix" has been suggested before, not sure if Trion ever saw it, or if they did, what they're reaction was. Someone call KIWI and make sure she sees this. She will make sure to get us some kind of response at least. I would call her myself, but have you ever heard a fat guy missing a front tooth try to do a bird call? Trust me, it's not pretty. Not even sad funny. Just wrong.

KTD
05-30-2014, 05:26 PM
I admit I was probably ranting. The guy just pushed all the right buttons to get to me.

Festival
05-30-2014, 06:05 PM
I admit I was probably ranting. The guy just pushed all the right buttons to get to me.

It's all good. I just got off the game after another particularly egregious example of that sort of self-absorbed f*ckwittery. The guy was score-whoring, too (used a BMG the whole time...accomplishing nothing against the WM and blinding everyone...but got a great score). I did enjoy abusing him in chat...to the point I may well get reported. I was a bit...um..."colorful."

Oh, but we can't have public damage tallies because someone might get "griefed." As if this kind of knob-end isn't griefing the whole damn room already... Yet another absolutely execrable decision by the devs.

Whippy
05-30-2014, 07:26 PM
You could go play a proper game such as EVE Online...

Atticus Batman
05-30-2014, 07:28 PM
You could go play a proper game such as EVE Online...

You could also quit trolling this forum if you don't play or like the game.

Whippy
05-30-2014, 07:29 PM
You could also quit trolling this forum if you don't play or like the game.

I play the game and love the game thank you :)

If that was the case and I was trolling, WTF are Trion doing to us? Also how is recommending a great game to someone trolling?

KTD
05-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Never heard of Eve online. Also were you saying Defiance is not a proper game? Tsk tsk might hurt the devs' feelings. I think it is a proper game. Anyone else think it is a proper game?

KTD
05-30-2014, 08:40 PM
I just wanted to thank most of you for your opinions. Well maybe not the one where I to was told to go play a proper game. For the record any game I enjoy is a proper game. In a nutshell some person reminded me why I liked playing video games. I am not a serious gamer by any stretch and pro gamers probably would whip my rear all around a game world. I do it to have fun, and see what happens next. Basically why I watch a show or read a book, I enjoy it, enjoy doing it and wantt to see what happens next.

hey u
05-30-2014, 08:42 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?146297-Trion-fix-this-people-are-new-or-stupid-or-mean

Chocolatelover67
05-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Sadly you will see more of this and worse when F2P starts on June 4.....

Warmaster will be the least of your problems...... Not feeling good about that date.

hey u
05-31-2014, 08:58 AM
This is why I've taken a break for a bit from Defiance. Lock breakers and waste of my script sucked the fun out of the game for me so I'm on break from the game still. Maybe someday a developer will look at this thread and do something?

Chocolatelover67
05-31-2014, 07:59 PM
This is why I've taken a break for a bit from Defiance. Lock breakers and waste of my script sucked the fun out of the game for me so I'm on break from the game still. Maybe someday a developer will look at this thread and do something?

From what I've read even some of them don't understand the scoring and scaling system :)

Says a lot really

KTD
05-31-2014, 08:25 PM
I will try to be optimistic, surely they won't all be morons. Right? Anyway hoping for the best preparing for morons.

PseudoCool
05-31-2014, 10:15 PM
I will try to be optimistic, surely they won't all be morons. Right? Anyway hoping for the best preparing for morons.

Beyond optimistic here.. the morons will FLOOD into the game like they have into every other game that's ever gone F2P and the open chat's will become a total wasteland of fools and 12 year olds telling you all the nasty things they did to your mom last night. Why.. because they can. Same thing happens in every game that goes F2P over the last 15 years.

Synther
05-31-2014, 10:41 PM

Peace and Love

PanHeadJim

I'm sorry, but this makes me laugh. "His name and clan are under investigation..." LMAO...so what? Yeah, the guy was a jerk but the fact is there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Pretending otherwise is just hilarious.

Chocolatelover67
05-31-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm sorry, but this makes me laugh. "His name and clan are under investigation..." LMAO...so what? Yeah, the guy was a jerk but the fact is there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Pretending otherwise is just hilarious.

Who was this dude and what was so bad that he did? I still don't get what is being alleged?

MAMGRIZZLY
06-01-2014, 03:14 AM
My clanmate actually came up with this idea, and I thought it was fantastic. If you were to make it so that a person could only break one lock when inside a warmaster, then it would take four dummies to ruin a warmaster for the rest of us. Good idea? What do you think?

This would be a simple solution and it could've been fixed a long time ago. This has been suggested numerous times before but unfortunately Trion doesn't seem too interested in solving the problem.

Festival
06-01-2014, 03:30 PM
This would be a simple solution and it could've been fixed a long time ago. This has been suggested numerous times before but unfortunately Trion doesn't seem too interested in solving the problem.

They can't even be bothered to change the stupid voiceover that TELLS people to break the locks (despite having a bunch of new voice acting done with recent content releases).

1B63C8E0109425B
06-28-2014, 10:21 PM
why don't you just have Trion ban hammer any one you don't like; voice, sex, age, play style, comments etc.. .